On delivery and local customs issues

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sooo problems with fedex customs resolved and phone is now by me :)

To sum up the situation of B2B customs: (but at first!! The phone is just awesome and absolutely worth waiting!!!!) We got papers to sign from FedEx, which were commercial invoice, power of

I have made this for the delivery and customs issues some are experiencing, so other can find hints on how to deal with the couriers. Will try to move things in here from various other threads, l

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

Update:
FedEx finally responded and said they will not accept the invoice provided by F(x)tec Support. Guess I'll send them the real one and explain the situation. Let's see how much they care...

If you can send us the commercial invoice which they have and they should have shown it to you, we can correct it with us being the importer, which I believe is how it should have been put in the first place, and then our invoices should work. Copy my response to the ticket.

21 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

I can do that, but they really seem to want the credit card bill showing what I paid.

I'll forward the commercial invoice to you via email then. Which exact response do you want me to send FedEx, though, just the one just now or also the other post with the process explanation perhaps?

We will need to send you a commercial invoice where we (Fxtec) are clearly shown as the importer, with you being the consignee. This is what some Fedex offices don't seem to get right, luckily less than 1% so far.

• Thanks 2

I see now, alright. Good reading comprehension on my end right there, heh.
I've already forwarded what FedEx sent me as a commercial invoice. On that one it lists me as the importer and consignee, so well... can't blame them to think I am the one responsible.

Hope this can be solved shortly. Thanks!

That's nice, hope you get yours soon.

As for me, I sent FedEx what Fxtec gave me (pretty fast there, thanks for that) and explained that stuff to them. No response yet and I feel like this could take a while considering they took 4 days to respond to the first. There was a weekend in-between I suppose, but they could've responded within 24h on Friday at least.

I do wonder if they're gonna contact Fxtec first now, seeing as the corrected invoice is pretty much just Fxtec's address slapped into the importer field... something anyone could've done. All this "proof" they want is kind of superficial if you think about it.

Though if they still don't accept this, I'll send them the end-user documents. Don't really care if Fxtec would pay for the increased cost or not from that, I just want my phone.

With FedEx not reacting to the mail until this morning, I decided to go to the live chat, as much as I hate using those things.
I wasn't exactly expecting a quality conversation, but the support person really went out of their way to ignore everything my last email and my chat messages said about having the importer corrected to be F(x)tec instead of me. They did insist that I send them the darn credit card bill, so I did it despite everything, to get things finally rolling.
They confirmed the sender would pay the taxes, though that would be Expansys and not Fx? Not sure if any of what they told me is really correct. I'm sorry for any extra cost this will possibly cause, but it doesn't look things were gonna move otherwise.

...well I don't know if things will be moving yet. If they're still not happy then I have no idea. I have no documents left I could show them.
Do you guys perhaps have any spare QWERTZ devices in the UK if this one has to be sent back? For the worst case.

5 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

With FedEx not reacting to the mail until this morning, I decided to go to the live chat, as much as I hate using those things.
I wasn't exactly expecting a quality conversation, but the support person really went out of their way to ignore everything my last email and my chat messages said about having the importer corrected to be F(x)tec instead of me. They did insist that I send them the darn credit card bill, so I did it despite everything, to get things finally rolling.
They confirmed the sender would pay the taxes, though that would be Expansys and not Fx? Not sure if any of what they told me is really correct. I'm sorry for any extra cost this will possibly cause, but it doesn't look things were gonna move otherwise.

...well I don't know if things will be moving yet. If they're still not happy then I have no idea. I have no documents left I could show them.
Do you guys perhaps have any spare QWERTZ devices in the UK if this one has to be sent back? For the worst case.

Send them the bill, all that matters is you getting your device! Expansys, working on our behalf, will later dispute their decision if the cost is higher than we have accounted for, but that's nothing that you should be worried about.

This applies to everyone who is getting weird emails from Fedex.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
On 1/23/2020 at 4:30 AM, omikr0n said:

FxTec have used the shipping address on the invoice.

To summarize how my FedEx delivery ended up - I had to exchange a few emails with FedEx and assure them that the package is really meant for me, personally and not for the company that I work for.

After that things went smoothly, they sorted out customs within 2 days and I got my device delivered today.

• Like 1

To update my current situation, I had to go to live chat again to suddenly receive an instant reply to my email sent yesterday.
...and they were still not happy. They wanted me to spell out the value because they lack some reading comprehension or something. Explaining how they found the credit card bill to not match the order confirmation they only compared it to the unit price minus IGG coupon, ignoring shipping or just reading the total. Smart.

All in all I did respond with my opinion of the value, additional explanations as well as telling them to take whatever they think is the right one at this point.
And to make sure this doesn't drag out any further I returned to live chat a few hours afterwards. Lo and behold they told me that the stuff was fine and just up to the customs now. Only took an eternity, but I guess they got what they want.

So far no further status changes. I was kind of optimistic at first, but with omikr0n's two day customs duration I'm now worried if they'll manage to get the phone to me this week still (weekday delivery only).

• Sad 1
18 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

To update my current situation, I had to go to live chat again to suddenly receive an instant reply to my email sent yesterday.
...and they were still not happy. They wanted me to spell out the value because they lack some reading comprehension or something. Explaining how they found the credit card bill to not match the order confirmation they only compared it to the unit price minus IGG coupon, ignoring shipping or just reading the total. Smart.

All in all I did respond with my opinion of the value, additional explanations as well as telling them to take whatever they think is the right one at this point.
And to make sure this doesn't drag out any further I returned to live chat a few hours afterwards. Lo and behold they told me that the stuff was fine and just up to the customs now. Only took an eternity, but I guess they got what they want.

So far no further status changes. I was kind of optimistic at first, but with omikr0n's two day customs duration I'm now worried if they'll manage to get the phone to me this week still (weekday delivery only).

don't worry after customs finished mine at the late evening, they would have been able to deliver next day, even so they needed to transport through half Germany

Hello everyone, I just want to make an update regarding this issue.

Everything after sending the letter was processed without any requirement for any sort of payment. So here DDP worked.

Thank you for support.

EDIT: I got the device

Edited by kemot0055
  • Like 3
On 1/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, jjarmasz said:

Just got a call from FedEx to pay customs for my delivery (to my home) in Canada. As Canadian orders didn't have customs charges prepaid unlike the US (I think) I am not surprised. No paperwork from them though yet, just a voicemail. Have sent an email to Fxtec support for further direction but I figure I'll just be paying the fee. But I'm wondering whether any other Canadians have also been contacted about or paid the customs fee?

Fellow Canadian just recieved the call to pay for customs fee today...Also considering just paying it and see if there is anything I can do about it later.  I am an IGG supporter and my moto z play is starting to fail...just want to get it in my hands at this point.

Still waiting for customs to do their thing... or so I thought.
Just had a live chat session with FedEx and had someone who actually looked into the case properly now. Customs does not accept the EORI number provided by FxTec. Cool.
To not re-tell the entire conversation there, bottom line is that FedEx may try to contact you regarding this... or maybe they won't. I've had concluded with the support agent that it doesn't really matter who is listed as importer at the end (fees are paid by sender, so Expansys) so they may as well revert that back to me. I at least allowed them to do so if they can't get a new EORI number from you, but not sure if they won't just skip that step now.

I might get my phone shortly. But I doubt it'll be this week again.

• Sad 1

I usually would really avoid doing double posts, but today I got a call from FedEx on voice mail repeating my situation, but adding that the importer thing can't be reverted now.
So it's up to F(x)tec to somehow provide an EORI number the German customs like... not sure if you can, but yeah.

In desperation and looking at the third upcoming weekend I could've had my device for I'm gonna ping @Erik and @Waxberry here, hoping you could somehow manage to sort that out quickly. Maybe customs can muck around with the package during the weekend already then.
Sorry if it comes across the wrong way, love all the support I've been given so far and maybe it's not *that* urgent in a way, but I'd just love to get my phone and every new roadblock is a bit disappointing.

• Sad 3
7 hours ago, Waxberry said:

Although its's more of FedEX issue but I will pushing / checking with out logistics partner see if there is anything we could do to speed that up. That seems rediculous to me as well!

Pleaso do the same for Fedex/TNT #122470407879  (order #8332). "Clearance delay - Import" since Jan 28th although I gave them all the documents they've asked and more. I even paid them a visit to their headquarter and I'm about to escalate the situation to country and european institutions. The EU legislation on imports it's the same and it's just plain outrageous that Fedex/TNT apply some rules in the western countries and others in the eastern ones.

47 minutes ago, Val said:

Pleaso do the same for Fedex/TNT #122470407879  (order #8332). "Clearance delay - Import" since Jan 28th although I gave them all the documents they've asked and more. I even paid them a visit to their headquarter and I'm about to escalate the situation to country and european institutions. The EU legislation on imports it's the same and it's just plain outrageous that Fedex/TNT apply some rules in the western countries and others in the eastern ones.

Actually, each country still has their own import laws for goods outside the EU. So that means that Fxtec devices will be treated differently in each receiving EU country. There are also limitations on goods between EU countries in some cases. Customs can also seize packages sent within the EU if the contents is not allowed to be imported in the destination country etc. You just don't need to customs declare it, but it's still possible to be sent through customs for inspection.

13 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

I usually would really avoid doing double posts, but today I got a call from FedEx on voice mail repeating my situation, but adding that the importer thing can't be reverted now.
So it's up to F(x)tec to somehow provide an EORI number the German customs like... not sure if you can, but yeah.

In desperation and looking at the third upcoming weekend I could've had my device for I'm gonna ping @Erik and @Waxberry here, hoping you could somehow manage to sort that out quickly. Maybe customs can muck around with the package during the weekend already then.
Sorry if it comes across the wrong way, love all the support I've been given so far and maybe it's not *that* urgent in a way, but I'd just love to get my phone and every new roadblock is a bit disappointing.

4 hours ago, Val said:

It looks like our warehouse partner Expansys were already notified of the issues with both of your shipments. They are undergoing recovery actions since the 5th of Feb, and I've just chased them. In the worst case, we'll re-ship them using another service from the UK.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Erik said:

It looks like our warehouse partner Expansys were already notified of the issues with both of your shipments.

I'll leave handling this to you guys now, but I'm not exactly sure how Expansys would solve my situation. FedEx said they're contacting F(x)tec, the importer, for a valid EORI number. I'm not sure how and why Expansys would be the one to provide that... well they might know it, but it's your company's number, isn't it?
Expansys might've been contacted in the very beginning regarding the shipment value, but I'm past that stage now, fortunately.

I hope getting Expansys involved too doesn't make this playing the long game...