Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

2 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Not mine, and not affiliated in any way. Just thought I'd share. It's over a year old, but like brand new without a scratch:

F(x)tec Pro 1
€ 450,00
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1683892107?utm_source=android_social&utm_content=vip&utm_medium=android_social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons

And I hope to sell you all my own when I receive it after like 7 months 😑.

That's my phone that I'm selling - first time poster on the forums here - I've also put it for sale on tweakers.net (https://tweakers.net/aanbod/2658316/fxtec-pro1.html) - I have no real problem selling it outside the country (insured shipping etc.) 

If there are any questions just lemme know 🙂

In short;

- It's undamaged (no bumps or remarkable scratches)
- Comes with cable, charging block (and EU plugs x3)
- Only notable thing is that there is a magnetic round sticker on the back that I left on as I wasn't sure if that was gonna look ugly as hell if I tried to peel it off. So that's for the buyer to decide.
- Has been reset whilst in android, so there shouldn't be any google lock out.

Edited by bloodtide1
Description of phone
  • Like 3
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Sold!!

Posted Images

On 3/20/2021 at 7:24 PM, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

Naaa... mine looks even worse. And I already have my third screen. I mean, you are outside, slightly miss your jeans pocket and boom! 50/50 chance it falls display down onto the concrete.

Fortunatly the plastic frame around the screen still holds (I only swapped the touch+screen itself), but it already has some impact traces. And the keyboard slide mechanics also hold, though I often use it to clip the phone ontop of my notebook screen. Great quality!!1 Anyway... I don't know how you guys canNOT trash your phone that you use daily. Plush handbag? Rubber floors? 😉

Normally I save money by buying used stuff, it's usually 'new' to me 😄 If I buy new, then the stuff is in used condition the moment I unpacked it.

Edit: The edge of the keyboard part is quite sturdy... but you have to focus, when you open your bottle.

u should get a case. i have a 3d printed flexible one i can share the design

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Devion said:

- Only notable thing is that there is a magnetic round sticker on the back that I left on as I wasn't sure if that was gonna look ugly as hell if I tried to peel it off. So that's for the buyer to decide.

Just a notice... if someone wants to remove a sticker, it helps a lot to heat it up a bit.
For example, I mean using a heat gun at lowest temperature (around 100 degree Celsius) and keeping some distance, so it may not melt the base material but makes much easier to remove the sticker.

• Like 2
On 3/30/2021 at 12:16 AM, DieBruine said:

Not mine, and not affiliated in any way. Just thought I'd share. It's over a year old, but like brand new without a scratch:

F(x)tec Pro 1
€ 450,00
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1683892107?utm_source=android_social&utm_content=vip&utm_medium=android_social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons

And I hope to sell you all my own when I receive it after like 7 months 😑.

Sent pm willing to purchase

On 3/30/2021 at 2:53 AM, Devion said:

That's my phone that I'm selling - first time poster on the forums here - I've also put it for sale on tweakers.net (https://tweakers.net/aanbod/2658316/fxtec-pro1.html) - I have no real problem selling it outside the country (insured shipping etc.) 

If there are any questions just lemme know 🙂

In short;

- It's undamaged (no bumps or remarkable scratches)
- Comes with cable, charging block (and EU plugs x3)
- Has been reset whilst in android, so there shouldn't be any google lock out.

I'm willing to purchase today. I sent you a pm

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a Pro 1 x that I used for two weeks.  I paid extra to get it before Christmas and then it finally arrived at the end of January.  It had a blue mark on the screen on the first day.  I contacted support and waited from January 27th until a week ago to get  a new screen.  Now the screen they sent me does not have the blue border around it.  I sold it on eBay and the person asked for a refund because he thought it was not really a Pro 1X so I have to sell it again.  I have spent over $900 on the phone, in shipping, to replace the screen etc., and I will pay for two day USPS Priority shipping if anyone wants to buy it.  The phone is as new except for the new screen which is all black instead of with a blue border, but I assume it is a better screen because there is no blue dye bleeding through it.  I will look at serious offers over $750 and as you must know by now, if you really want one of these phones there probably won't be any more until way past this summer.  Thanks.

Edited by jaxlj
SOLD
  • Sad 2

Hi guys

There are two Pro1 for sale at eBay,  located in Japan. Offered for $1.399

Is there anyone that know something about this? Are the ads legitimate?

Had my phone disassembled yesterday because something  (turned out to be screws) was loose and rattled around in there.  Now the phone won't start, I am a bit scared that I broke one of the connectors on the main board. So at the moment in need of a new phone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 5/20/2021 at 9:25 AM, pebert said:

There are two Pro1 for sale at eBay,  located in Japan. Offered for $1.399

I thought those were genuine albeit expensive. I think that guy was just clever to invest in a batch to resale them. Don't blame me if you get swindled though.

22 minutes ago, Slion said:

I thought those were genuine albeit expensive. I think that guy was just clever to invest in a batch to resale them. Don't blame me if you get swindled though.

I agree.  I do believe these are legitimate.  There was a retail store in Japan that actually had physical stock for a while. I believe this is a person that bought most of them up for investment purposes. I have no proof of this however.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1

Haha wild. I just got my device back today from sending it in to FXTec and honestly I'm not even surprised to find out that there was a SECOND Pre-Christmas Pro1 X that had massive problems and broke immediately. Mine was also screen problems (along with a bunch of other stuff)

I'm the person from the Indigogo comments a who's been updating on the situation since like February  (DesSuburbia)

Anyway, I think I'm gonna sell my Pro1 X even though I really don't want to. I need a reliable phone and the Pro-1 sure as hell isnt, but I'm so desperate for a qwerty phone.

Looking for around $1,200 since the 10 Christmas Pro-1 Xs are kinda rare now that everyone else's devices are gonna have different insides

(and honestly, they might be rare in general, I don't have confidence that everyone else's devices are ever shipping)

I dont wanna use eBay (unnecessary fees) but I will if any of you wanna buy it and *really* need the guarantee lmao

43 minutes ago, DesSuburbia said:

I need a reliable phone and the Pro-1 sure as hell isnt

43 minutes ago, DesSuburbia said:

Looking for around $1,200

Good sales pitch 😄

Edited by Hook
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Hook said:

Good sales pitch 😄

Oh I 100% do not expect anybody to buy this to use it unless they already have another phone.

I do not want anybody to be tricked into buying this thing as their daily driver. It's only useful as a collector's item.

• Haha 2
On 5/24/2021 at 7:17 PM, DesSuburbia said:

I do not want anybody to be tricked into buying this thing as their daily driver. It's only useful as a collector's item.

I've been using mine as my daily driver for 16 months now. Though having a backup phone is good advice no matter what you use as you primary device. I have other devices I can use when I'm home and I do tend to avoid using Pro1 when doing long video calls as audio quality issues can too often get in the way.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Slion said:

I've been using mine as my daily driver for 16 months now. Though having a backup phone is good advice not matter what you use as you primary device. I have other devices I can use when I'm home and I do tend to avoid using Pro1 when doing long video calls as audio quality issues can too often get in the way.

If you've been using it for 16 months, then youre not using a Pre-Christmas Pro1 X, youre using a Pro1

Which, if we're just going by pure maths and information from this thread alone, those 10 Pro1 Xs had at least a 1/5th fail rate the same month it was shipped lmao

Edited by DesSuburbia
edited for clarity
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, DesSuburbia said:

If you've been using it for 16 months, then youre not using a Pre-Christmas Pro1 X, youre using a Pro1

As far as we know the only difference is the colour between the original Pro1 and the Pre Christmas Pro1 X.
(The internal storage differences, new key layouts and different software were planned to be for the models set for March. That is, until they were hit by the swindle and forced to change radically)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

As far as we know the only difference is the colour between the original Pro1 and the Pre Christmas Pro1 X.
(The internal storage differences, new key layouts and different software were planned to be for the models set for March. That is, until they were hit by the swindle and forced to change radically)

Strange! But I still think my point stands about these 10 devices being collector's items, then.

If theres no internal difference, then it was even more damning that at least 2 of the 10 devices in the Blue Shell Batch were defective enough to need fixing the same month they shipped.

Maybe if only mine had been defective then yeah, but thats too big of a number for that small of a sample for me to feel good recommending someone buy one of these as a daily device.

The normal Pro1 is probably fine if you can find one, as Silon says, there was probably better quality control. lmao. They had to rush the Pro1 Xs out and still missed the deadline.

By the way if it sounds like I'm arguing I'm not trying to, I've just been a bit frustrated with my whole experience since January lmao

Edited by DesSuburbia
edited for clarity, again, lmao
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, DesSuburbia said:

Maybe if only mine had been defective then yeah, but thats too big of a number for that small of a sample for me to feel good recommending someone buy one of these as a daily device.

Actually, I would disagree.  A small batch run is much more likely to have QC and build problems, especially if the company can't be there in person to supervise.  In a normal batch run, they might throw out 10 devices early in the run for QC defects. 

What is actually more important is the they have a 2 year guarantee, that the company honors those warranties and that the warranty belongs to the device, not the original owner, so that when sold, the second owner is protected too.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Hook said:

What is actually more important is the they have a 2 year guarantee, that the company honors those warranties and that the warranty belongs to the device, not the original owner, so that when sold, the second owner is protected too.

Fair, I don't think that discredits what I said though. In fact it might make it more relevant

I still fully believe that if you see a Pre-Christmas Pro 1 X for sale and are thinking about buying it as your sole daily driver, rather than a neat collector's item, then maybe don't

If the small batch of 10 is likely to have other people who also got defects, not just me and Jax, and the person with the defective phone threw it on eBay instead of dealing with FXTec, you gotta then send in the phone you just bought for $800 or £600

I emailed FXTec in February, was told to send it in at the end of March, they told me that they received my item and would email me back by the end of March and didnt,  at the end of April when I didnt get an update email for an entire month I went "Hey, what's going on with my phone", and they emailed me back saying that they couldnt find it.  A few days later, after I sent back "what the f///" and made a stink on the indiegogo page, they found it in their mail room which means they just confirmed it was there when it arrived and then didnt touch it for a month and wasnt gonna get around to it or tell me that they "lost it" until I reminded them it was there. lmao. Got my phone back earlier today, at the end of May, and immediately came to make this thread.

Ended up needing to buy another phone while waiting because, like many of us, my last phone was on it's deathbed while desperately waiting for the Pro1. Finally getting that pro1 and having to send it in immediately for fixing, only to literally be forgotten about sucked

So technically yes they're "honouring" their warranty, and yeah I know we're in a pandemic and that didnt help the awful return/repair process, but maybe these Pro 1 Xs should just be kept in a box for some collector to make a video about 10 years from now or something was all I was really saying haha

I dont wanna derail this thread, though! Sorry for the damage I've already done 😛

DMs are open for offers, or I'll throw it on ebay at some point, comes with everything that it came with except the USB-C cable

(but it was a short generic one that I had to upgrade immediately anyway because it didnt let my device connect to my laptop to flash it, lmao)

has the USB Brick and the adaptors though!

Edited by DesSuburbia
Clarity, oof I'm bad at this
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, DesSuburbia said:

Strange! But I still think my point stands about these 10 devices being collector's items, then.

Oh clearly it is. And even more so as the coming Pro1X are going to have different interiors, so the ten are unique.

So it is a matter of finding the right collector for it. As a rarity it is not exactly what I would expect the buyer to use as a daily driver. Unfortunately for you I think there are more potential users than collectors in this forum. So you might benefit trying to search for a more general forum for rare phones, to find potential buyers willing to pay up 🙂

• Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.