Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

@DesSuburbia Yes there has been QA issues with Pro¹s. I got to unbox three of them. One was DOA with keyboard short circuit, one had the touch screen fail within 6 months and one apparently works but is mostly sitting in a drawer. Luckily with two broken devices I could assemble a fully working one which has been one year in daily use without failure since I replaced the display half. If I recall well FxTec took 10 weeks door to door (Germany-UK-Germany) to repair the one device I sent them.

I'm not surprise they forgot about your device. Typical for start-up having to deal with logistics and hardware repair. Very few overworked staff, with weak processes, human error is definitely a big factor.

• Like 1
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Sold!!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DieBruine said:

This phone arrived more or less DOA, let's call it p-for-partly pDOA. I waited two months for a new screen. Add some additional weeks for a response. Add another 8 months for transport, repair, LIT, customs, BREXIT, whatever. It's still new is what I'm tying to say.

Believe what you want, this phone has never left my house apart from shipment to the UK. Nor has it been used, the keys are still rock hard. During shipment it was upgraded with two nicks on the back 😑. I received it, just returned home today and unpacked the phone. It boots, and I don't need it anymore. This is most likely the last one I will be selling.

Anyway, I'm not asking. I am demanding € 635,- including insured shipping up to € 500,- anywhere in the world. These phones have cost me WAY MUCH MORE. Trust me when I say I'd rather also keep this one spare then selling it 'cheap'.

Look around on the forum and check the facts. I will not be negotiating, and I am a little busy this week with both work and my education. So bare with me for a maximum of 48 hours if you can.

Most likely sold 20210525 - 16:18 CET+2 and second buyer in line...

DSC01468.JPG

DSC01469.JPG

DSC01470.JPG

DSC01471.JPG

DSC01472.JPG

May I be the next on the waiting list? I know there's pretty much no hope to get it, but never know. I bought a spare Pro1 second hand last February but it turned out to be broken and unrepairable, so I'm still with no fully working Pro1 spare, and I don't see myself surviving without one.

• Like 2
On 5/24/2021 at 6:02 PM, DesSuburbia said:

Haha wild. I just got my device back today from sending it in to FXTec and honestly I'm not even surprised to find out that there was a SECOND Pre-Christmas Pro1 X that had massive problems and broke immediately. Mine was also screen problems (along with a bunch of other stuff)

I'm the person from the Indigogo comments a who's been updating on the situation since like February  (DesSuburbia)

Anyway, I think I'm gonna sell my Pro1 X even though I really don't want to. I need a reliable phone and the Pro-1 sure as hell isnt, but I'm so desperate for a qwerty phone.

Looking for around $1,200 since the 10 Christmas Pro-1 Xs are kinda rare now that everyone else's devices are gonna have different insides

(and honestly, they might be rare in general, I don't have confidence that everyone else's devices are ever shipping)

I dont wanna use eBay (unnecessary fees) but I will if any of you wanna buy it and *really* need the guarantee lmao

is it still for sale?

EDIT: sold

I'm selling my original Pro1 (with Snapdragon 835)

As you can see from the pictures, it has been heavily used. The back has a lot of scratches, and a few dents on the edges.

I've just replaced the screen with a replacement from dragonbox.be, but I got the dreaded pink pixel column on the left edge. If you want to fix the screen I suggest you have it professionally replaced by dragonbox, or order the screen+assembly from fxtec. You can probably ask them for a new back cover as well.

Besides the screen and scratches the phone is in great condition. Keyboard still feels great. Nightly slow-charged, battery life is excellent.

Will accept any reasonable offer given the cosmetic damage.

P_20210603_092701.thumb.jpg.a4ac559df16c7748415e0a9e16cd2715.jpgP_20210603_092712.thumb.jpg.37f13b685b9b05680f4fdd295d16ddc7.jpg

Edited by Wannes
sold
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Wannes said:

Will accept any reasonable offer given the cosmetic damage.

Just a hint to potential buyers. It looks like all this wear will be within what will be covered if you use a shell (or flip case), grabbing the lower part. There are multiple alternatives, you could start in the newer end of this long thread or at my DIY experiments.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Wannes said:

...a lot of scratches...

A functional question, I noticed a minor dent at the bottom of the upper camera cover, does it affect images?
EDIt see answer below

6 hours ago, Wannes said:

Nightly slow-charged, battery life is excellent.

And a thumb up for that one. 😁

10 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

A functional question, I noticed a minor dent at the bottom of the upper camera cover, does it affect images?

Not really a dent, the camera cover is not perfectly aligned from the factory. It has no effect on image quality.

P_20210603_142203.jpg

• Thanks 1

I am selling my Pro1 (QWERTY SN 1996) I used it as a daily for ~6months or so on TMobile. Never had any issues with the device, but ended up not using the physical keyboard as much as i thought i would and the device hasn't been getting the use it should so i am putting it up for sale.

The phone has always been used with a screen protector and a carbon fiber vinyl look sticker on the back to make the device less slippery. There is some slight slight pocket wear (black paint rubbed to bare in a couple small places see images), but otherwise the device is in mint condition. 

I just flashed the latest nightly on LOS 18.1 with GApps and then did a factory reset after taking the pictures so the person who buys it should be able to just pop in a SIM card and be all set.

Comes with

• Original Box, Charger, Cable, FxTec pouch
  • 4 extra screen protectors (same as the one on there)
  • 3d printed case

Asking $700 shipped (I am located in the US)

The pictures were too big to attach here, but can be seen at the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/OwHCwDH

Edited by lmckenna
fix typo
  • Like 1

I missed the previous mint-condition unit sold by DieBruine and so I'm very interested, but I'm a bit concerned about customs fees (I'm in EU).

Does anyone know if the fact that the initial bill came from a EU company (at the time) with prepaid VAT (for EU customers at least, not sure if they made different paperwork for US customers) could help mitigating the cost?

Edited by matf
10 hours ago, lmckenna said:

I am selling my Pro1 (QWERTY SN 1996) I used it as a daily for ~6months or so on TMobile. Never had any issues with the device, but ended up not using the physical keyboard as much as i thought i would and the device hasn't been getting the use it should so i am putting it up for sale.

The phone has always been used with a screen protector and a carbon fiber vinyl look sticker on the back to make the device less slippery. There is some slight slight pocket wear (black paint rubbed to bare in a couple small places see images), but otherwise the device is in mint condition. 

I just flashed the latest nightly on LOS 18.1 with GApps and then did a factory reset after taking the pictures so the person who buys it should be able to just pop in a SIM card and be all set.

Comes with

• Original Box, Charger, Cable, FxTec pouch
  • 4 extra screen protectors (same as the one on there)
  • 3d printed case

Asking $700 shipped (I am located in the US)

The pictures were too big to attach here, but can be seen at the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/OwHCwDH

Sold!

13 minutes ago, eightace said:

Selling my virtually unused Pro1 - in brand new condition with all near factory fresh packaging.

In the UK and would prefer to sell there given postage costs elsewhere. Looking for around £550. I thought the keyboard would be to my liking but alas no. Pics below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Msg6CphVW4miWqi9

I'm very interested. I've sent you a PM. Thanks

SOLD / TRADED

I have decided to sell my spare Pro1. Why? because I'm willing to give the Pro1x a go. This one had a defective screen (DOA). In the meanwhile I gave my daughter my own phone and after three weeks she decided the camera was worthless. Afterwards I received a replacement screen, with a glue blob lower left corner, which I replaced. You can contact FxTec and probably get it replaced again. I'm not gonna bother, and I assume you all know why. This phone is new. Look at the pictures, it's been lying in the box for almost a year now (after I replaced the screen provided by FxTec). I have not opened the box nor have I even touched the power supply, as you can clearly see!

If I like the Pro1x enough, eventually I will also be selling my daily driver after I have received my Pro1x. So no use in asking me when I will sell it. I haven't gamed on my Pro1 and in general do not use video out. So the two selling points over the Pro1x, faster and video out, do not concern me. For those of you curious as to why I would want to switch, this is my answer, and a better camera would be nice. If you're wondering where I get these phones. I ordered five in total waaaay back. Family of four + cousin.

Now back to business. I want € 700,- including insured shipping to anywhere in the world. But, excluding PayPal fees if you want to pay that way!
But... I prefer an 8GB/256GB Pro1x instead! So If you have ordered and paid for a Pro1x 8GB/256GB, I will consider transfer of your order to me as payment, excluding shipping and insurance costs for the Pro1! You will have to pay for those additionally. And no, I do not want a 6/128 Pro1x with a money bonus...

I have also provided pictures of my daily driver so that you can compare and conclude that the one I'm selling now is new. They keys are still hard and do not shine. The casing doesn't have a single scratch or dent.

IMG_20210614_114251_276.jpg

IMG_20210614_114404_899.jpg

IMG_20210614_114433_505.jpg

IMG_20210614_114555_041.jpg

IMG_20210614_114912_266.jpg

InkedIMG_20210614_114325_089_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20210614_114516_059_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20210614_114534_281_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20210614_114618_660_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20210614_114922_822_LI.jpg

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent you a message. If you look at the lower left corner you can see some glue residue. This is my second phone with a spot like that. There are other forum members who also had a glue spot, i really couldn't be bothered anymore. However the phone is still under 14 months of warranty. But again, it's up to the new owner to claim this at FxTec.

Edited by DieBruine
36 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

If you look at the lower left corner you can see some glue residue.

I think that is a minor issue of the display, it is not glue residue.
However, it practically doesn't matter.

My original display did not have such an issue, but all the displays I bought at Aliexpress had a similar issue in at least one corners, sometimes two... and one of them has a black spot in a very wrong place.

My current display has a bit bigger black spot in the upper right corner anyway.
So although it is not perfect, practically it does not make problem living together with it - at least I had to look at my phone to find out which corner is the location of this issue for me. 🙂

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Sent you a message. If you look at the lower left corner you can see some glue residue.

My Pro1 had this as well. I didn't even consider this being some issue and I never noticed it in action. If it were a QWERTZ edition I'd buy it immediately.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hengyedev said:

I can't notice it in the pictures...is it that tiny difference on the border at bottom left?

The bottom left curve of the display is not perfect, but that problem is marginal.

Edit: look at the blue part

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
  • Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.