Something special is coming...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! It’s Chen here, been a long time since we last talked or met in person. First of all I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, regardless where you are. It might be a difficu

There are many considerations to stock/factory software.  Here is a (probably not complete) list from someone who has been relatively close to the process in the past but not directly involved:  

I had to delete some of the content our very crafty users found about this :). We can’t share anything for certain until the 27th, as there’s still a lot of graphical (presentation) work undergoi

Posted Images

So... really cool about the proX and congrats on reaching the goal in under 3 hours @Waxberry! Despite just getting my pro1 3 weeks ago, I was hoping you would have a new model in the works 'cause I want to see you doing good. In the future I would need a company that makes phones I would actually buy. 😄

Three questions:

1. Besides the 2 extra GB of RAM, improved keyboard layout and double storage, are there any other hardware differences?
  2. Software-wise would anything impede us pro1 owners to have the same OSes installed and have the same experience as on the proX?
  3. Does it come in black?

P.S.: I saw that win10 icon on the indiegogo page. That would make me extremely happy.

Edited by Rud
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, KingOfTerrible said:

I just received an email saying "For those that missed out on our Super Early Bird perks, we have now added another super special perk. Get them before they go!"

However, I see nothing different.

Looks like I've just been the first one to have claimed it. 🙂 

Now there are 48 of 50 Pro1 X Pre-Early Bird 256GB for $679/€575 left. 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brunoais said:

Unfortunately... No latin QWERTY keyboard T.T

Why "latin"? Because I need áàéçãõ, etc... For general communication.

I guess either I didn't scream loud enough or there's not enough money where that keyboard layout could be used 😭

I guess you can always use "US International" software layout with dead keys (software) on your QWERTY hardware layout...

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

Looks like I've just been the first one to have claimed it. 🙂 

Now there are 48 of 50 Pro1 X Pre-Early Bird 256GB for $679/€575 left. 🙂

I see it now...but it wasn't there right away.  I guess I expected that they should have made it a hidden perk like the XDA email did (which is still available and better pricing then 680.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, netman said:

Felt the same, go to IGG and click the "Enthusiast Pro1-X bundle" (and probably others), then more info appears!

I thought they were referring to a perk with just a spare keyboard (the new one) and screen.  Lol. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Ordered.... 🙂

I think f(x)tec should offer you one phone for free, considering the time and effort you have dedicated to this forum 👍

I'm sure that many users would have lost motivation about the Pro1 project if you were not present here 🙄

• Like 7

I ordered 8/256Gt variant with Scandinavian layout. Thanks to F(x)tec for this opportunity 🙂. I missed the first perk but was able to get the second. I think that Sapphire Blue is cool color but I do not like the extra logos. I hope that those will go away in the end.

I was just wondering that is the Scandinavian layout finalized yet? It looks the same with initial version. I think that € and $ could be swapped.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

hope that those will go away in the end.

I also hope it is possible.
XDA logo is one thing, but I would not put Lineage OS or UBports logo at the back, especially as I may not use the very same OS on it what I bought the phone with.

Anyway, a dual / multi boot option would be good to have.

Also a support of other OSes like a Sailfish OS with full official support... oh, well...

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

I see the new layout vs the old and I'm not kidding I can't see any difference between the two. Maybe it's tough to see in pictures

Compare the QWERTY layout of Pro1:

File:Fxtec Pro1 prototype.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

...and the QWERTY layout for Pro1-X linked in Indiegogo page:

bfuptg6hxomow8jjsjyv.jpg

Start at the location of Q, A and Z letters.

Originally, Pro1 was designed with a shifted QWERTY layout which may be good for English but not really good for international use while the QWERTY layouf of Pro1-X is a non-shifted QWERTY which can be used similarly as a standard layout and easier to use it for standard placement of international characters.

I know it's confusing as on IGG page, photos were taken using a shifted QWERTY layout (also that is why I haven't noticed it is not shifted), but the final product seems to have a normal, non-shifted QWERTY variant.

Sorry if I was too long. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been sitting on the fence since pre-launch/development I.e. over a year and jumped off today as I got a decent offer - £521 (-24%) 256/8.   Would have preferred 44% or 33% off  and evidently over 100 people had the time to pounce at the right time.  I still wouldn't have made it as I had to decide between android and lineage.  I went for the latter despite having NO knowledge about it.  I want the keyboard (BB user - KeyOne) more than anything so hope I've made the correct decision.  

Btw, after my purchase, another 4 were bought in quick succession!

Couldn't lose the underline!

• Like 1

...Just a reminder to @BufferBear and others, there is a secret XDA IndieGoGo link that lets you choose a normally hidden pledge of a 8/256 model for only US$639/-28% off. Currently only 39 out of the 100 on offer have been claimed, and it seems to be the best deal still currently available.

If you click on this link (originally provided by eldarion a couple of pages back) it shows the normally hidden XDA exclusive pledge: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control?secret_perk_token=2c0a82a4#/

• Thanks 2

🤣🤣🤣

We are sorry for all the time you are waiting for your Pro1 but we had a lot of issues with covid here and toiletpaper there and ...bla bla bla bla bla.

Meanwhile we take your money and let you wait for the Pro1 but please check your mails for a Status change. We do our best to get all ordered devices asap out of our hard working factory and it is so tricky with covid to get any "bitches" sorry "batches" out.

Wohooooooooooo the wait is over we are proud to present:

The new chance to get your money for PreOrder. Here it is the Pro1 X Future Titanium Diamond Gold again waiting for trackingnumber device.

Unbelivable that even one is spending any cent for this lyinf company.

14 hours ago, VaZso said:

These are mostly software problems which may more likely to be fixed if this IGG campaign will be successful.
It may also help keeping the possibility of a future Pro2.

Selling the same hardware (with only some increased specs) is may be because they most likely not satisfied fully with the number of sold Pro1 or they feel it can be gained a bit.
Practically we may say this also affects their long-term plans.

Modifying the hardware may be a later job and that is much more complicated and more expensive.

What is the problem with SD cards (except I feel it could be faster which can be also a hardware and software limitation)?

Remember, F(x)tec had a really hard start.
They had practically no experience, then Covid broke everything.

Now they have experience, higher chance to fulfill their promises and this can be a much fluid relaunch of a great hardware with a possibility of huge software improvements, which is good anyway.

You and everyone who like your must be extremely naive.

How releasing new device where fxtec screams "get lineage or ubuntu!!" can fix current Android? You can't be that naive! It looks more like they are abandoning current Android 9 so users has to rely on community made systems and regular users will be just left with faulty device. I also don't care about Pro2. I bougth Pro1 because I wanted keyboard phone, not because I wanted to fund some startup. If I wanted to fund someone I definetly wouldn't buy a smartphone to do it.

Covid did not break anything, you can fix software working from HOME. And I don't care about promises, I've already waited for over a year for them to fix some simple software bugs. The amount of software updates over last year is extremely small and if I remember right, someone said that cracking sound in Lineage was fixed with one line of code. There is no excuse for fxtec to the lack of proper updates. Pro1 is the most expensive phone I've ever bought and the first one with faulty software that did not get fixed.

Again, over the last year fxtec didn't fix issues I said above and these were known from the very release of Pro1. It's not like they appeared yesterday, they appeared long months ago.

And about microSD cards, Pro1 can't read any of the 3 cards I have in home and I won't buy another just to check if it may work.

• Thanks 3
5 hours ago, BufferBear said:

I want the keyboard (BB user - KeyOne) more than anything so hope I've made the correct decision.  

With the Pro1 you can flash either of the images, and I expect the same to be the case for the upped variant Pro1x. The difference will be the image that is pre-installed. And it seems the etching on the back.