if I order today when will I receive the phone?

Hello I'm looking to purchase the Pro1.

I have an IPhone 6s from 2015 so the specs are not a concern to me because anything is an upgrade at this point and I love the keyboard but I'm curious about delivery times. 

As the impatient 90's Kid I am, if I have to wait 2-3 months I may not choose this phone as an option.

So if I order today (I live in the UK in the south) when will I receive the phone.

If anyone has had long delivery times, let me now.

I'm guessing, because its technically a pre-order, they are produced by batches and just I'll when the next batch is released but is that soon?

• Like 2

It's hard to predict, but in the F(x) Tec store they say 10-12 weeks, so, yes, 2-3 months is the fastest you might receive the phone right now. That could change if they reach the point where they build up stock, but until they do and change the information in their store, I wouldn't count on it.  The Pro 1 is worth waiting for, but if you can't wait, you can't wait. When My phone died waiting for the Pro 1, I went out and picked up a cheap Moto phone to get me through.

• Thanks 4
55 minutes ago, Hook said:

It's hard to predict, but in the F(x) Tec store they say 10-12 weeks, so, yes, 2-3 months is the fastest you might receive the phone right now. That could change if they reach the point where they build up stock, but until they do and change the information in their store, I wouldn't count on it.  The Pro 1 is worth waiting for, but if you can't wait, you can't wait. When My phone died waiting for the Pro 1, I went out and picked up a cheap Moto phone to get me through.

Thank you for the quick response.

I expected as such, it definitely haven't ruled out the Pro1 for me because of the sliding qwerty physical keyboard is practically unique now a days.

I'd  love to have the ability to be notify if they have a build up of stock.

I'd even drive to London to pick one up from them if I could.

Edited by FTN00b22
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Apextech said:

I ordered a qwerty one last year in November. I have yet to receive mine. I don't even expect to ever get it at this point.

25 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Minimum 6-8 month wait. I don't think anyone got their phone quicker than that. Either pre or post corona

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

I understand why it is the case, reasonably small company having to deal with the Rona. 

I want a phone that'll last me last me 5 year+ 

Not to insult the product because it is amazingly unique for our time, I've heard a lot of people saying its old tech at launch let alone a year after or in years time when I may get it.

I'm sure it would be worth the wait but my phone is on its last legs and i just cant wait.

If they can notify customers or potential customers when they are in stock that may help but if I am sure I'm not getting it any time soon then I simply can not wait.

It is interesting to follow this discussion about manufacturing and the challenge for an SME. One reason I kept coming to this forum. Sad to see it loosing potential clients with such a good product.  Has anyone any clue why fxtec could not reach general availability since the Chinese lock-down ended (May)?

Edited by OKSun
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, FTN00b22 said:

Not to insult the product because it is amazingly unique for our time, I've heard a lot of people saying its old tech at launch let alone a year after or in years time when I may get it.

I also feel it is a very good product. They chose components reasonably good and I feel it may work for a while.
It may be called old tech it we want a technical comparison against flagship models and a bit lower-range models, but one may not use the full capability of a phone (even not the capability of Pro1) while it has other capability which is very good and unique.

Also there are lower-range phones than Pro1 in every manner.

44 minutes ago, FTN00b22 said:

I'm sure it would be worth the wait but my phone is on its last legs and i just cant wait.

It is an unfortunate situation.

What I did around two years ago is I bought a Moto G6 for temporary use because my N900 started to leave its last legs.
The motorola was relatively cheap and still good enough for use it as a temporary daily driver.

I read some of the members here in the forum had a very similar solution.

I would buy it also now anyway because a real keyboard is very important for me and I would afraid these kind of phones may still have a chance to disappear for a while so buying one in this case seems to be not a bad idea.

If the keyboard is not as important for you then it is easy to understand if you can't wait for a phone having a keyboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

Minimum 6-8 month wait. I don't think anyone got their phone quicker than that. Either pre or post corona

Technically, I did get mine in 3 months.  If you count from when it was paid, Aug 1st, I was notified of stock fulfillment Nov 4th. Of course, then US Customs blocked it and I didn't get it until December 10th or so.

On the other hand, if you count from when they actually started filling orders, which wasn't until October 2019, it was very fast.

Then COVID hit.

2 hours ago, OKSun said:

Has anyone any clue why fxtec could not reach general availability since the Chinese lock-down ended (May)?

The lockdown ending isn't the only variable.  As far as I know, factories in China are still not back up to full production, nor fully manned.  I haven't seen a current analysis, so I'd be happy to find out I'm wrong.

Also, in the beginning, Chen spent a lot of time being at the factory in person, overseeing operations.  I suspect this was very valuable to the process and it is something he can no longer do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

M

58 minutes ago, Hook said:

Technically, I did get mine in 3 months

My retail unit was about 3½ month after payment, if I remember correctly.

But that was only the fastest that got it in the minor first batch. The majority followed within the next two+ month, they have posted that they reached 70% in February before the Corona hit...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has spark amazing conversation I wasn't expect it.

I do wonder though, has anyone pre-ordered or paid within the march to now time frame and when did they received the phone if they did?

I'd love to know if anyone has, they might give a better idea on time frames.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Manumas said:

I've ordered my phone (QWERTZ) october 2019 - and I'm still waiting. Do yourself a favor and save your money. 

September 2019 and still waiting. We both had the bad luck to be among the last few QWERTZ orderers who couldn't be served with the last batch of QWERTZ keyboards – since then, QWERTZ keyboards have been out of stock. Doesn't help either of us, but even considering the generally huge delivery times our case is still something of an outlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ordered mine on 19 Feb. 2020 if memory serves me and I got it about 3 weeks ago.

Since I've only had phones with a physical QWERTY keyboard, it was worth the wait.

The device itself is all I wanted in a smartphone: a mini laptop, not a social-media centric slab that dangles awesome hardware specs in front of you with no adequate input method. 🙂

Edited by Rud
  • Like 6
On 10/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, npatel1050 said:

I ordered my 2nd one (sold the 1st and then regretted it so I bought another one) on 12/16/19.
I received it on 01/27/20

So 42 days.

Sometimes it happens.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, sequestris said:

I ordered my 2nd one (sold the 1st and then regretted it so I bought another one) on 12/16/19.
I received it on 01/27/20

So 42 days.

Sometimes it happens.

@FTN00b22

Also Pro1-X can be purchased but it has an estimated shipping of March next year.
However, it has an option also for 256 GB flash and 8 GB RAM.
Currently 256 GB version can be selected for $699 or 128 GB version for $649.

The hardware is the same as the Pro1 here but currently its colour is blue.
They may also consider other colours but we will see.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this type of threads got heated - anyway,

I got response from fxtec support today concerning my 2nd piece order on Aug/31/2020, find as below.

i.e. ETA next spring.

FTN00b22, if you place order now and you are lucky, you will get it next summer.

The most realistic estimate we have at the moment for another batch, which will include your order is between January 2021 and March 2021. We're very much aware your device should have arrived by now, and we're sorry we haven't met the previously suggested estimates. We want you to try the Pro1 for yourself more than anything, and that has always been our priority. We have just recently completed our January 2020 orders (layout dependent). The coming batch in December will complete all orders from the beginning of this year.

Edited by nobumacsuzuki
  • Thanks 4
12 hours ago, nobumacsuzuki said:

I got response from fxtec support today concerning my 2nd piece order on Aug/31/2020, find as below.

i.e. ETA next spring.

FTN00b22, if you place order now and you are lucky, you will get it next summer.

The most realistic estimate we have at the moment for another batch, which will include your order is between January 2021 and March 2021. We're very much aware your device should have arrived by now, and we're sorry we haven't met the previously suggested estimates. We want you to try the Pro1 for yourself more than anything, and that has always been our priority. We have just recently completed our January 2020 orders (layout dependent). The coming batch in December will complete all orders from the beginning of this year.

To me it looks like that there will be only two production runs left and next batch is going to be shipped in December. I think that "Pre-Christmas Pro1 X" backers (10 units) will be included in this run since they are also 6/128GB models.

Then there will be probably the last batch in Q1 2021. It should include all the rest Pro1 orders and Pro1-X orders from Indiegogo.

I am just wondering if they still want to manufacture so many different versions?

• Pro1 6/128GB Black (2 layouts)
  • Pro1-X 6/128GB Blue (4 layouts)
  • Pro1-X 8/256GB Blue (4 layouts)
  • Note: QWERTY is different between Pro1 and Pro1-X

Currently there are only 11 backers for Pro1-X 6/128GB model. I think that it would be wise move to upgrade all the rest of remaining Pro1 orders after December batch to Pro1-X 8/256GB models. And same thing for those 11 Pro1-X 6/128GB models. Then F(x)tec would need to manufacture just Pro1-X 8/256Gt Blue models and customers would be happy. Upgrading would be nice compensation to delayed delivery.

Another thing is if F(x)tec has a stock of 6GB & 128GB chips and Black back covers already...

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, nobumacsuzuki said:

i.e. ETA next spring.

Well, they did not complete all January 2020 orders, I have payed for pro1 (qwerty) at 20-th January 2020 - it is still in "Processing" status (order number 48416).

• Sad 4