Some clarity, please

After purchasing the fx pro  last year i never recieved it , i tried email and i did get a nice respond back 
but no banana in the end ,i stil even have the reciept of payment and the invoice of the device 
never recieved it and im stil hopping it wil come in the next batch of shipping 
but i stil have my blackberry priv  and it stil works . i am stil disapointed not recieving the original one but what can ya do . right wait thats about it 

then there was going to be a big anounchment from fx tech and u could sign up for it  
i was even waiting for the email to recieve , and i followed the link the minute the email came in
and there it was the fx pro 1 X  super earlybird on indiegogo 
30/30 avaible  i looked it over once and decided ok lets try again , and filled in the form 
yet again no banana , to late all of the where taken up by others . bummed out about it i left it for what is was 
but kept following to see black friday deals come up and the christmas special 
there it was shipping in december 2020 128gb christmass special . litraly saw 10/10 avaible and  instantly i was ready to fork over the extra $ they wanted 
super hyped i was gonna have a new phone after the trusty priv 
u guesed right , to late no banana

wel today i decided to try again and i secured a Pro1 X Pre-Early Bird 256GB
i just hope after forking over the $ once more that this time they deliver me the product .
someone tell me i made the right choice here
and please tell me its going to be worth the wait of keeping my priv alive for a couple more months .
its on its last legs and many apps i use  litraly stop supporting the android version its running   from january in 2020 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fact is, no-one can guarantee you anything, and your observation regarding their not meeting their own deadlines is correct, too. Still that doesn't mean they're crooks, it just means they can't

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, and, no doubt, your frustration, but Fxtec are neither crooks nor "horrible people," as their history has proved.  Not great at communicating, yes.  But the pho

My impression regarding the shipping estimate on the web page is that they stopped to bother updating it at some point, because they themselves were dependent on the estimates they got from their cont

It's shocking that you do not have the first one yet, maybe something went wrong? I would try contacting them via the contact form rather than e-mail, maybe their spam filters are blocking you. Also tagging @Erik here sometimes helps he is the hero when email support fails 😅❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@zundappchef, I agree with @netman that you should still receive the first one. My impression from following this forum is that there are just a few extremely unlucky people left who ordered last year and still don't have it. I'm one of them, too, having ordered in September 2019. Now, after a few e-mails in which I was given the offer to change my order from QWERTZ keyboard (which still seems to be out of stock) to QWERTY, I've been told to expect tracking details from Hong Kong within a few more days, and I'm just as excited because the Moto Z3 Play which I bought as a stopgap last year already has lost much of its battery running time! (That said, I couldn't resist ordering a Pro¹X in Indiegogo shortly after it appeared, either, but of course we cannot expect to get it before well into Spring 2021...)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello, everyone. I'm not sure should I continue an existing topic or start this one.

I would like to begin with saying that I'm really impressed and appreciate F(x)tec team efforts. When a small company is willing to do what the giants abandoned, it's worthy to respect. One should carefully read this forum before making a purchase, but then I thought I had no choice if I want a phone with a keyboard. So, I placed an order when my Blackberry finally died. Order page said (and still says) about 10-12 weeks shipping . 129 days later the order still had "processing" status. Unfortunately, I can't wait longer and I decided to cancel my order. Support answered that refund requests are processed within a week. 12 days passed - silence, order is still "processing".

I want to know what should I do or at least what should I expect. Everyone can face difficulties (I'm sure there is huge virus impact), but mentioned timings are deceptive and this is not normal.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry for possible mistakes - English is not my first language. I dont't want to offend anyone if I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Ilya said:

I want to know what should I do or at least what should I expect. Everyone can face difficulties (I'm sure there is huge virus impact), but mentioned timings are deceptive and this is not normal.

My impression regarding the shipping estimate on the web page is that they stopped to bother updating it at some point, because they themselves were dependent on the estimates they got from their contract manufacturer, and the contract manufacturer from the estimates of their suppliers, and many times estimates which were made in good faith didn't hold because somewhere something didn't work as planned. Ok, they could write "unknown", but that would of course keep people from ordering...

With all my being sympathetic to what they do including their errors, though, my impression after so many months of following this forum and of waiting myself for a device is that there seems to be a pattern in their giving overly optimistic estimates for everything, and that's not good. 

Still, somehow things always seem to come to a good end, as far as I can see. Even though this has still to happen with my own order, too. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From my experience, after I was clear in telling them that I don't even mind if shipping takes a year, but it really helps my brain to know roughly what month it would arrive in, they gave me a realistic estimate and it actually arrived when they said it would.

My point is that, in my communication with them, they always acted in good faith and I'm sure you'll get your money back, but you may have to email them and maybe kindly tell them that there's no stress but the amount the phone cost is quite significant to you and you would need to know when you could expect it, so you can organise your finances and priorities accordingly.

Basically guilt trip them while being unreasonably nice works, probably because they're actually good people but are overwhelmed by the work they have to do. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/27/2021 at 8:06 PM, Ilya said:

Hello, everyone. I'm not sure should I continue an existing topic or start this one.

I would like to begin with saying that I'm really impressed and appreciate F(x)tec team efforts. When a small company is willing to do what the giants abandoned, it's worthy to respect. One should carefully read this forum before making a purchase, but then I thought I had no choice if I want a phone with a keyboard. So, I placed an order when my Blackberry finally died. Order page said (and still says) about 10-12 weeks shipping . 129 days later the order still had "processing" status. Unfortunately, I can't wait longer and I decided to cancel my order. Support answered that refund requests are processed within a week. 12 days passed - silence, order is still "processing".

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry for possible mistakes - English is not my first language. I dont't want to offend anyone if I did.

I agree 200%
They are crooks.

Even I can tell you, based on the average experience, delivery is about 6 to 14months
They gave me 3 different dates too, stringing me along.

All the hours I actively put in it, if I was working, I could have bought 2 other phones.

They NEVER reply email within a week (at least not with me)
Now they are putting other people first with the X form.

If I knew they where serving them first. I would cancel my order en would have bought an X..
Everyone would. But we all know they can not be trusted.

And after a year you still are supposed to be happy about a phone with hardware that is 
AGAIN another year+ outdated.

This company is really disgraceful.
Horrible peoples

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, denmaarten said:

I agree 200%
They are crooks.

Even I can tell you, based on the average experience, delivery is about 6 to 14months
They gave me 3 different dates too, stringing me along.

All the hours I actively put in it, if I was working, I could have bought 2 other phones.

They NEVER reply email within a week (at least not with me)
Now they are putting other people first with the X form.

If I knew they where serving them first. I would cancel my order en would have bought an X..
Everyone would. But we all know they can not be trusted.

And after a year you still are supposed to be happy about a phone with hardware that is 
AGAIN another year+ outdated.

This company is really disgraceful.
Horrible peoples

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, and, no doubt, your frustration, but Fxtec are neither crooks nor "horrible people," as their history has proved.  Not great at communicating, yes.  But the phone is fantastic, you will get it (I'm guessing from the same factory run as the Spring 1Xs), and it won't matter that it doesn't have the most cutting edge specs.

If you want to see if it can be changed to a 1X (which would just mean the blue casing as the only difference) or upgraded to the version with more memory , ask them via email. Can't hurt.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, denmaarten said:

....If I knew they where serving them first...

@Hook Already answered most.

I do understand your frustration. But on the "serving first", please remember that we are talking selling a mere ten(!) units of a small batch made for promoting the Pro1X.
Sure they could have directly asked some in line for the regular Pro1, if they were interested to get one of these blue ones instead.
AND they actually kind-of did that by giving those registered earlier access by mail than the public. But we do not know if the ten lucky buyers were in line for a Pro1 or some bought an additional one.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Kethersdad said:

Can you let me know what the news was and how one can get that upgrade?  I ordered my Pro1 back in May 2020 and I'd much prefer to upgrade to the Pro1-X than to receive an outdated phone.

So you would rather get a blue phone than a black phone? Or you would like to pay more to upgrade memory?  Because the Pro1x is not a "newer phone."  They both have the same parts and specs and are manufactured as needed, not stockpiled in some warehouse, so the Pro1 isn't "outdated" compared to the Pro1X.  Just saying. 😉

• Thanks 3
50 minutes ago, Kethersdad said:

Can you let me know what the news was and how one can get that upgrade?  I ordered my Pro1 back in May 2020 and I'd much prefer to upgrade to the Pro1-X than to receive an outdated phone.

Others have repotred that they are to add an update on that soon. The main difference is the colour, and you can select between two models, where the more expensive has more memory and storage

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies. It ended yesterday - two days ago I got an answer, and my order was cancelled with a refund (it took some time). So, all I can do now is to say "good luck" to fxtec team and  to their customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
On 2/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, Hook said:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, and, no doubt, your frustration, but Fxtec are neither crooks nor "horrible people," as their history has proved.  Not great at communicating, yes.  But the phone is fantastic, you will get it (I'm guessing from the same factory run as the Spring 1Xs), and it won't matter that it doesn't have the most cutting edge specs.

If you want to see if it can be changed to a 1X (which would just mean the blue casing as the only difference) or upgraded to the version with more memory , ask them via email. Can't hurt.

Everything is possible in theory but i dont want to wait another year.

"Can't hurt" It can add A LOT of time. How can you trust what they say. 

Who can guarantee me that I will get my phone after ONLY 9 months?

When Pro fx tex1 talkes about dates, 3/3 times (100% of the time), they haven't met their own deadlines.

2 hours ago, denmaarten said:

Everything is possible in theory but i dont want to wait another year.

"Can't hurt" It can add A LOT of time. How can you trust what they say. 

Who can guarantee me that I will get my phone after ONLY 9 months?

When Pro fx tex1 talkes about dates, 3/3 times (100% of the time), they haven't met their own deadlines.

Fact is, no-one can guarantee you anything, and your observation regarding their not meeting their own deadlines is correct, too.

Still that doesn't mean they're crooks, it just means they can't do as good as we'd all wish and they themselves very probably too, while there's reason to believe that very much of it is in the hands of their suppliers. Except their over-optimistic promises.

But whatever it is, in the end you need to accept reality – in which you can either wait for another undefined period of time (while much is hinting at a strong possibility that in March many customers will be served), or try to cancel and get a refund. There are no other options, and getting yourself a bad case of high blood pressure doesn't change anything, either.

I'm saying that as someone who's waiting for his phone since Sept 2019. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It's not just "optimistic" deadlines. Do you remember when they were saying they had a batch that would fulfill ALL pre-orders? Seems like some black hole swallowed the devices 🙄. The phone exists and is great, but this kind of communication / silence is not some kind of optimism. It seems really hard to rule out malicious intent when you look through the old announcements. They must have known it was not going to work out, and they still published the lie.

Nothing about being crooks (I have yet to hear about someone who doesn't get his/her phone or refund) but calling what they're doing "optimism" is a disgrace to all the companies that don't publish lies IMO.

Edited by eldarion
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, eldarion said:

It's not just "optimistic" deadlines

It's for a reason that I said "over-optimistic", not just "optimistic". And in an earlier post I also said, yes, over the 1½ years I've been following this forum, there's no denying that there seems to be a pattern. 

2 hours ago, eldarion said:

Do you remember when they were saying they had a batch that would fulfill ALL pre-orders? Seems like some black hole swallowed the devices

Yes – still neither you nor I have proof that it wasn't the factory where that promise originated in the first place, with Fxtec just repeating it publicly, and then something didn't work out in the factory, with one of the suppliers, whatever. 

Without real proof, Fxtec still should have the benefit of doubt, as every accused should 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

It's for a reason that I said "over-optimistic", not just "optimistic". And in an earlier post I also said, yes, over the 1½ years I've been following this forum, there's no denying that there seems to be a pattern. 

Yes – still neither you nor I have proof that it wasn't the factory where that promise originated in the first place, with Fxtec just repeating it publicly, and then something didn't work out in the factory, with one of the suppliers, whatever. 

Without real proof, Fxtec still should have the benefit of doubt, as every accused should 😉 

You are right, thank you for correcting me, I completely agree. It's weird that there's no statement from fxtec about some of those things (especially since fxtec has had no problem putting out statements about various other things in the past). What's the harm in putting out just a simple tweet or anything when you just promised to ship all devices? They were also saying they are on track for general availability in a few weeks BEFORE covid hit china, so we're not talking about minor setbacks that need an explanation, but basically black swans from the perspective of the company and customers.

This post from Chen actually rules out the massive covid impact - allegedly back in Q1 2020 they had a massive batch prepared but for some reason that batch still hasn't made it to the pre-orderers. And the forum is full of stuff like this. This post basically busts all of the "covid so can't get the parts" yet there is no plausible explanation for what happened with it. If it was stolen, what's the harm in telling so?

I believe it's fairly clear there is some stuff they do not want us to know about, for whatever reason (probably PR/marketing), that is the only sane explanation. But if it's in the interest of the company, that might be best. As long as they deliver - and they do!

Edited by eldarion

Well i would say they are certainly are not crooks and they are trying their best.

however its just my opinion and i could be wrong but i think they could improve their strategy. especially now that its been over 2 years and people still waiting

i dont understand, there is obviously very high demand for this phone and so many people out there are so keen to buy it. then why not do something to increase production so the people will be happy and fx tec will make good profit.

I would think they should have given an option of express service, so they can double the price for express and for those they can use that extra money to produce fast.

I myself bought pro1 in $3000. i paid 3 and half times more in order to get it sooner.