Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

Today a Pro1-X arrived at my place.

IGG-Contribution around #4000, July 2022. (Enthusiast Pro1-X bundle) Pro1-X 8GB + 256G, Keyboard Layout: QWERTZ , Pre-Installed OS: LineageOS. IIRC no engraving, black.

A sapphire blue QWERTZ-device was shipped (the color looks great, btw). S/N < 7000. XDA-engraving on the back. Seals of the packing where already broken. The battery was approx 1/3 full at arrival. it was no problem to recharge it. The device was shipped with stock android. Screen protectors, spare batteries and screens where not included.

Importtax to Germany was 28,50 EUR, plus 16,84 EUR handling fee for UPS. Fees could be paid online after registration at UPS.

IMG_20240628_155402.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

You are lucky, mine doesn't boot, with a battery at 3,2 V, and a dumb red light who said to me : Not charging, you will have to completely dismont your brand new pro1x ...😑
Edit
Ok works in LOS21 now, but what a sh... it's tricky to apply a bit more voltage directly on the battery connector, and also dismounting the whole thing....
What's a very big surprise, is to find a typical french AZERTY keyboard with é è ç , wich I had mailed fxtec for more as two years to switch in a standard qwerty but well...

I'm going to try this beautiful-blue-things, at least the keyboard works good, and the XDA logo is probably....collector now.

Edited by raymo
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, xelo said:

Importtax to Germany was 28,50 EUR, plus 16,84 EUR handling fee for UPS.

Does this mean the declared value was 150€ and VAT 19%?

In 2020 I paid USD 639 plus shipping. It I do the import tax myself I have to use higher price USD 639 becayse that is what I have paid. Letting UPS do might be actually cheaper even with the handling fee.

Another update appeared on Indiegogo site here:

June/July Shipping Update

silxmuynatv9s1j3ehmo.png

Dear Pro1-X Backer,

We are delighted to share some exciting news with you. After a long and challenging journey, we are finally ready to proceed with shipping the remaining devices to our valued backers.

Here is the current shipping status:

• Wave 1: Users who completed the form sent on June 13th received their tracking details on June 19th. A total of 170 tracking codes have been updated on Indiegogo.
  • Wave 2: Users who completed the form sent on June 18th received their tracking details on June 27th. A total of 57 tracking codes have been updated on Indiegogo.
  • Wave 3: We are currently preparing 250 tracking codes for users who completed the form sent on June 27th, along with approximately 23 remaining from Wave 1.

Following the completion of these waves, we will proceed with delivering spare parts.

Devices that are unable to boot:

Devices currently being sent have been idle for some time and users have been reporting some devices are not turning on upon receipt. Normally, the correct route to solve this issue should be to send it back to Fxtec for service. However, given how long and costly this process may take, the community has found an easy way to activate the Pro1-X without the repair service.

Thomas - a community member - found that by using rubber bands and wrapping it around the Power button tightly (making sure the button is constantly pressed)  while plugged with a charger, your Pro1-X will turn on after leaving it overnight.

Resources:

Additionally, we would like to remind you that you can still utilise alternative Operating Systems in your Pro1-X. Here’s a list of useful links for you to go check out:

Pro1-X Guides:

https://community.fxtec.com/?forumId=50

Alternative OS’s:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/

https://devices.ubuntu-touch.io/device/pro1x/

Please note, we strongly recommend to back up all partitions of your Pro1-X before you commence flashing an alternative OS. Thanks to our long term supporter - Mosen,  a complete guide for this can be found here:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3630-pro%C2%B9-x-backup-restore-and-repair-device-specific-partitions/?tab=comments#comment-62622

We sincerely apologise for the delay in fulfilling your order. We understand the frustration and inconvenience this has caused and truly appreciate your patience and support throughout this period.

Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Warm regards,

The Fxtec Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in contribution #21XX and have received the email on June 27th. Was in holidays so just saw and filled in the form today. Hope there's still stock (original order blue/256GB).

7 hours ago, Nikolai said:

This update somehow confirms the suspicion that Pro1 upgraders have been completely forgotten. 

I've asked them whether their restarted shippings will include my upgraded Sept 2019 Pro1 website order, too. When I asked them about the state of affairs in March, their repsonse was quick ("currently confirming user's addresses in order to resume further shipping so be sure to update yours"). 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

I've asked them whether their restarted shippings will include my upgraded Sept 2019 Pro1 website order, too. When I asked them about the state of affairs in March, their repsonse was quick ("currently confirming user's addresses in order to resume further shipping so be sure to update yours"). 

I've sent another inquiry on my never-ending support ticket from last year where I reply every couple of months asking for status. Last replies have been like yours, we'll see how it goes this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received my device today (contribution 34xx, August 2, 2021, Scandinavian layout, delivered to Sweden). Faulty earpiece (can only hear phone audio through speakerphone or headset).

Delivery took less than three years, which is definitely quicker than the wait for the Astro Slide (which I doubt I'll ever receive). So, I don't quite understand all the complaints. 😏

On a more serious note, they are finally providing detailed updates with real figures on the number of units shipped. That's good. However, I can't find any information about the total number of units still in stock. As any fantasies of new production runs seem to be completely delirious, this means everyone still waiting has no clue whether they'll ever receive their units...

• Like 3

I was very sceptical about these posts as I expected more lies to come. But I'm impressed to actually see devices getting delivered and actual numbers postet. This gives me hope that many people waiting finally get their phone.

I just wish they refunded those who don't receive any phones. I'm now waiting the fourth month and it sucks that I have to file a lawsuit because I didn't pay by credit card (as I don't own one).

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, clueless said:

Delivery took less than three years, which is definitely quicker than the wait for the Astro Slide (which I doubt I'll ever receive). So, I don't quite understand all the complaints. 😏

Heh, in the same boat... 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2024 at 10:18 PM, Rob. S. said:

They answered:

"Website Orders will be dispatched at a later date." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, EL Duderachi said:

After 2 years end 10 months 'buying' through indigogo, fxtec came through. I got a pro1x.

What "wave" of forms were you in (when did you get the form)?

5 hours ago, EL Duderachi said:

I was in wave 1 i think. Got the email on June 18th. Didnt get the one i opted for, but ok.

My pro1x has 1 backend cam. On the fotos i saw 2... Anyone know why that is?

IMG-20240718-WA0015.jpeg

...pro1 have two cams (12+5mpix), pro1x have one 48mpix

• Thanks 1

Thing is the pro1x was also advertised with 12+5, it still is on the campaign page. Was only changed later and announced through updates. 

Edited by Kilrah
  • Thanks 1