Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

3 hours ago, fedup said:

Has anyone actually received their order of the fxtec pro1?

If so, can someone post a photo of the phone they have received.

Has this all just been a scam?

Plenty of people to have their devices, and plenty of photos of them have been posted, including in many of the threads you're spamming with your complaints.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

2 hours ago, fedup said:

The Pro 1 X was announced on 27th October 2020  Announcement

I ordered March 2021.

What I would like to know is how many people have received their order that were within "Batch 1" ?

Is this for real?

The sequence in which orders so far were shipped has not been what it should have been (and what Fxtec expected it to be, according to the info I got, and it seems that things have not been going smoothly between Fxtec and the shipping company). I had two open orders, one Oct 2020 IGG order and one unfulfilled Pro1 (no X) order from Sept 2019 that was changed to Pro1 X in the meantime. I have received the Oct 2020 IGG order, but not yet the Sept 2019 order. 

The offer you've linked to looks perfectly real, but don't expect it to stay at that price 😉

4 hours ago, fedup said:

Has this all just been a scam?

You spammed all over the place, and I marked it all as spam. Unmarked a few and moved them in here....

You are NOT alone in waiting I for one am waiting too (despite being among the first to take a perk, and should have had it delivered as part of Batch 1),

If you made a normal order on their website, you can cancel in accordance with normal consumer rights. But if you (Like I) have made an investment in a Perk on IGG, all you can do is wait and hope that we get something in the end. But as with all investments there is always the risk of loosing the invested money.

I got an 'early sample' of the Pro1X sent from London, so I at the least can try things out, to help people.

The best source for info on what is going on, currently is the updates on IGG, and yes it has been an almost cursed project, starting with them being swindled on the original chips, then covid19, then transportation issue, And now some further issues with the ones that were supposed to send them (we know no details on what it is all about, except "some contractual issues that have come up with our shipping partners in Hong Kong" what ever that means...).

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

You spammed all over the place, and I marked it all as spam. Unmarked a few and moved them in here....

You are NOT alone in waiting I for one am waiting too (despite being among the first to take a perk, and should have had it delivered as part of Batch 1),

If you made a normal order on their website, you can cancel in accordance with normal consumer rights. But if you (Like I) have made an investment in a Perk on IGG, all you can do is wait and hope that we get something in the end. But as with all investments there is always the risk of loosing the invested money.

I got an 'early sample' of the Pro1X sent from London, so I at the least can try things out, to help people.

The best source for info on what is going on, currently is the updates on IGG, and yes it has been an almost cursed project, starting with them being swindled on the original chips, then covid19, then transportation issue, And now some further issues with the ones that were supposed to send them (we know no details on what it is all about, except "some contractual issues that have come up with our shipping partners in Hong Kong" what ever that means...).

Yes I did spam all over the place and got banned. 

Yes I am fedup, I just want some transparency for once as to what is going on. 

9 hours ago, fedup said:

The Pro 1 X was announced on 27th October 2020  Announcement

I ordered March 2021.

What I would like to know is how many people have received their order that were within "Batch 1" ?

Is this for real?

"Where is my phone?"  Probably sat in Expansys' warehouse in China with mine and many others...

"How many people have received their phone?"  Some, no number has been released.  They are also available to buy direct from Expansys and apparently ship fairly quickly.

"Is ebay link legit?"  I haven't seen anyone post their IMEI number (not a good idea) and the photos look good, the account is suspiciously private but did supposedly sell a PS4 to an establish business (63000 feedbacks) some time in the past 3 months so I'd happily bid on it.

Edited by suicidal_orange
Thread merged so added quote for context
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, uubi22 said:

Yes I did spam all over the place and got banned. 

Yes I am fedup, I just want some transparency for once as to what is going on. 

And a user-to-user forum is hardly the place to get info from the company....

8 hours ago, uubi22 said:

Really, that looks dodgy as anything. 

Several on discord have gotten their pro1x ,only problems are with stock Android.

I can get the phone in a week or so, instead of waiting for the third year.

I've been waiting 2,5 years now and it looks like getting the phone is a gamble at this point...

I took the opportunity to look into the pdf files referred to that show a 15 million business with only 218000 vehicle cost made this year ...

I could be wrong, I could be right. I draw the line here and take my money to buy the phone I ordered 2, 5 years ago at half

the price.

2 minutes ago, sweetcortex said:

Looks like the geniuses at F(X)tech probably sold their stock to Expansys for financial reasons and said F.U to their backers and buyers....they are crooks with no business sense, amateurs at best.

And you are slandering without supplying proofs, so unless you got those, I will find it suitable to call you a liar.

4 minutes ago, sweetcortex said:

So FXtec has not:

- Provided False Advertisement of its product?

- Communicated poorly with its backers and customers?

-Have a produced riddled with bugs?

-Not provided the multi OS platform they marketed?

-Not provided the HDMI capability they marketed?

- Kept backers waiting years for their phone?

- Provided a phone which has poor connectivity/reception?

- Provided a phone with a poor camera experience?

And you are superman come to save the day? 😂😭😂😂😂

And what has this to do with your slandering on the Expansys connection?

3 minutes ago, sweetcortex said:

Solve those problems and ill even call you superman 😂😂😂😂

I predict FXtec won't 😭😭😭 

Well at the least it seems we can agree on it being almost a miracle if they manage to solve all issues by firmware,

But on the other hand I find it likely that they can improve or even fix fix some of them.

• Like 1

While ordering my pro1x at expansys, their site stated 2 in stock, mine being 1 of them. By now roughly 10 hours later their stock of the 8gb 256gb blue is more than 10...

Please explain why orders on the site placed in 2019 to 2021 aren't being fulfilled when at the same time the Carrier supposedly in charge of distribution sells the phones one its website for half the price and within a week.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stucadoor2 said:

Please explain why orders on the site placed in 2019 to 2021 aren't being fulfilled when at the same time the Carrier supposedly in charge of distribution sells the phones one its website for half the price and within a week.

That is a good question indeed, and the silence from F(x)tec on this is strange even by their standards of communication skills. I can imagine they are engaged in legal procedure against Expansys and their lawyers are recommending them to not publicly comment for the time being.

As I read, they did promise the regular IGG update before end of the month. Let's see what will be in there ...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stucadoor2 said:

While ordering my pro1x at expansys, their site stated 2 in stock, mine being 1 of them. By now roughly 10 hours later their stock of the 8gb 256gb blue is more than 10...

Slightly off topic:

Faking low "in-stock" numbers is a common technique to sell goods (of any kind, both online and offline) by creating a feeling of "it's-now-or-never" among potential buyers. 

I would guess this is just common practice for expansys (as it is for many of their competitors) and has nothing to do with the Pro1-X specifically. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, sweetcortex said:

So FXtec has not:

-Have a produced riddled with bugs?

- Provided a phone which has poor connectivity/reception?

- Provided a phone with a poor camera experience?

I won't comment on the other statements, but (as an owner of Pro1x having used it for about 2 months now), I can comment on those listed above:

- I don't see so many bugs, and the few I observed have acceptable workarounds (yes, I'd like to get those bugs still fixed, of course, but no, I wouldn't call the phone "riddled with bugs").

- I haven't observed any issues with connectivity / reception - on places with poor mobile signal (yes, I tried using it on such places), the behaviour is well comparable to other phones (Nokia E7-00, BlackBerry Q10).

- I haven't observed anything like 'poor camera experience'. Yes, the default camera software (apparently from Qualcomm, i.e. the CPU producer - at least guessing from the name Snapdragon Camera clearly derived from the CPU name) isn't the most advanced camera software, but it still produces very reasonable pictures and users may use a different (better) camera software instead.

Edited by xhajt03
  • Thanks 1

I don't use it often, but the forum ignore feature is nice.  I can see a certain someone is generating a lot of posts, but I don't have to read them, having figured out that this person never posts anything new nor engages in discussion. 🙂

• Like 2
6 hours ago, xhajt03 said:

- I haven't observed any issues with connectivity / reception - on places with poor mobile signal (yes, I tried using it on such places), the behaviour is well comparable to other phones (Nokia E7-00, BlackBerry Q10).

Glad to hear. But others have reported issues, Not all providers uses the same bands, So my guess would be that some bands though technically supported by the Pro1X does not work as well as the ones your provider uses.

Do you know which bands your provider uses? If so, we could calm users with providers using the same bands, that they can expect the reception to work well there.
Here e.g. a list for European providers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Europe
Where I can see that here in Denmark my current provider ("3") uses bands 7 and 38.
(I live about 500m from a cell tower with no blocking buildings, so though the reception is good, I can not reasonably claim anything on the network strength from that)

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Glad to hear. But others have reported issues, Not all providers uses the same bands, So my guess would be that some bands though technically supported by the Pro1X does not work as well as the ones your provider uses.

Do you know which bands your provider uses? If so, we could calm users with providers using the same bands, that they can expect the reception to work well there.
Here e.g. a list for European providers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Europe
Where I can see that here in Denmark my current provider ("3") uses bands 7 and 38.
(I live about 500m from a cell tower with no blocking buildings, so though the reception is good, I can not reasonably claim anything on the network strength from that)

I don't think that such a comparison among networks makes sense. I have no objective measurement and I expect that the same is true for people having issues. It isn't clear whether the problems observed are due to issues with particular devices, particular bands or even configuration of the particular mobile network (yes, there are many other differentiating factors apart from just the network bands / frequency). It isn't clear what is being compared - voice quality? Data speed? Ability to connect to the network at all? ...? I just provided my subjective experience based on comparison with subjective experience with other mobile devices. If anybody wants to conclude anything from my mobile network operator - I use T-Mobile in the Czech Republic (which has network sharing agreement with O2 Czech Republic, although I believe that the agreement covers more than what is suggested on the referenced Wikipedia page).

• Like 1