Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Looks like I don't get any more IGG updates through email, either, but that's easily explained by my IGG order (except for the spare battery) having been fulfilled in the meantime, other than my earlier Pro1 website order. Updates for website orderers have traditionally been less frequent...

I am receiving IGG udates (and I post it here if it is not already there) - my Pro1X order is already fulfilled, however, I have a separate "Enthusiast" order which has shortly disappeared from perks but it may happen that is the reason I am still receiving these updates.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, VaZso said:

I am receiving IGG udates (and I post it here if it is not already there) - my Pro1X order is already fulfilled, however, I have a separate "Enthusiast" order which has shortly disappeared from perks but it may happen that is the reason I am still receiving these updates.

I have one of those too.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

I'm out also. My order was from 17 April 2021 and with the last update I'm pretty sure that delivery will be at least at March 2023.

It's too much for me to wait 2 years, so I sent mail last week to ask full refund. Now in their page my order is in status "refunded", but still money are not received. I don't know when fxtec will send money back, because I receive confirmation mail for full refund with word "soon", but fxtec's "soon" can vary from few days to few years ...

I really wanted to have this phone - my previous phones has qwerty keyboard (Nokia 9210i, Nokia E90, Nokia E7 ...) and thanks to God  that my 4 years old Nokia 8 Sirocco still work great, but hardware of Pro1x will be very outdated when/if delivery occur.  Even my 4 years old Nokia 8 Sirocco is with better hardware than Pro1x , especially when fxtec change chipset to lower mid version.

I'm worry even for spare parts and warranty that they will keep if there is potential hardware problem with the Pro1x.

During order of phone at April 2021, UK was still have free of tax delivery to EU. Now to receive phone I need to pay local taxes and the price will easy overcome 1000 euro and for me is too high for this outdated hardware.

Will continue to search for a new qwerty phone after receiving of refund, but choices are not so many unfortunately.

Will inform when receive money back, just for the record 🙂 .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, valyo_bg said:

but hardware of Pro1x will be very outdated when/if delivery occur

I don't think that's very relevant for smartphones at this stage. Can you name one thing you would do with a 2022 mid-range smartphone that you could not do with a Pro1X?

Having said that I understand your frustration and that makes me wonder if I should also ask for a refund… I sent F(x)tec an e-mail last week asking them to change my layout from AZERTY to QWERTY since their AZERTY design is so weak anyway... I figure the QWERTY could be delivered sooner and will be easier to resell too, if need be.

Please do let us know how that goes.

During order of phone at April 2021, UK was still have free of tax delivery to EU. Now to receive phone I need to pay local taxes and the price will easy overcome 1000 euro and for me is too high for this outdated hardware.

Yeah at this price you may as well get a Samsung Fold it does landscape keyboard too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, valyo_bg said:

but hardware of Pro1x will be very outdated when/if delivery occur

1 hour ago, Slion said:

don't think that's very relevant for smartphones at this stage. Can you name one thing you would do with a 2022 mid-range smartphone that you could not do with a Pro1X?

Now your point is correct, but what about 1-2 years later? Pro1x was good phone if was received in 2021 year with the original chipset - that was my reason to order 8G/256Gb version. But in 2023 year is not worth it I think.

If my phone is good enough I can use it for longer time - even 5 and more years. Receiving of so outdated phone in 2023 will limit time for using it. For example my Nokia E7 (great phone, similar to Pro1x keyboard) was used below 2 years because of stop of Symbian support. Similar can happen with Pro1x - no support, no updates, problem with spare parts (display, battery). Also reading here in this good community, Pro1x have full of bugs that is not clear if they will be fixed, because fxtec is a small company.

Тhat's why my enthusiasm evaporated after the last fxtec update ...

Edited by valyo_bg
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
21 hours ago, valyo_bg said:

I'm out also. My order was from 17 April 2021 and with the last update I'm pretty sure that delivery will be at least at March 2023.

It's too much for me to wait 2 years, so I sent mail last week to ask full refund. Now in their page my order is in status "refunded", but still money are not received. I don't know when fxtec will send money back, because I receive confirmation mail for full refund with word "soon", but fxtec's "soon" can vary from few days to few years ...

I got my money back today 🙂 - so far so good, and I'm starting to look for a new phone with a qwerty keyboard or a foldable phone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am utterly furious at this latest development.  I too have been - despite complaining to Fxtec about the issue - removed from the IGG updates so had to find out about this via this forum this evening.  

I have written to them again asking them what my options as a backer, rather than a website orderer, are - and, candidly, given that I need to buy a new phone NOW*, whether I have essentially lost my money.  Although I used to be a solicitor (!) I am not sure what my legal rights will be if Fxtec do not offer me a refund.   

It goes without saying that I have no faith whatsoever that even December has any chance of being met - though that is academic for me, because it is simply too late to be of use.

* I have had, because my Blackberry KeyOne has worn out (dead battery and failing space bar) had to buy a "cheap" Motorola E20, which is truly horrific and essentially unusable for many of the most important things I use my phone for - in particular, e-mail and text-based use.  It is simply impossible to type effectively on it.  

My choices appear to be an incredibly expensive new Blackberry Key 2 (I can't believe how prices have gone up!!), a used version of the same (fingers crossed for the battery to be OK) - or something from Unihertz, which is unknown territory for me.  

If I get any reply from Fxtec, I'll post anything of substance here.  

@valyo_bg Are you a backer or did you order via Fxtec's website?  I assume the latter?

Edited by 749121
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, 749121 said:

@valyo_bg Are you a backer or did you order via Fxtec's website?  I assume the latter?

I did order via fxtec's website at April 2021 year, so I'm happy that at least quick receive my refund after 18 months waiting of pro1x phone.

Edited by valyo_bg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, 749121 said:

I have written to them again asking them what my options as a backer, rather than a website orderer, are -

I'm a backer too, and as backers we have invevested, hoping in getting the device cheap. A lot of things has happened since, and I'm amazed that they fight on, and have not just folded. So there is a good chance that our investment are not completely lost.

If people want consumer rights they must do a order/preorder, and not invest in a crowdfunded project, where we take the risks.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I'm a backer too, and as backers we have invevested, hoping in getting the device cheap. A lot of things has happened since, and I'm amazed that they fight on, and have not just folded. So there is a good chance that our investment are not completely lost.

If people want consumer rights they must do a order/preorder, and not invest in a crowdfunded project, where we take the risks.

I'm sure that's entirely accurate, though for my part I was never motivated by any possible discount on the cost, only to get my hands on what looked like a good device in good time.  Honest information would be nice, though.  

Anyway, no great surprises in what I've heard back from Fxtec - firstly:

These are very unfortunate times and this is not how we wanted to fulfil the Pro1 X orders but we have been forced to if we want to please all users.
You have not lost your money at all as we still intend to deliver the Pro1 X to everyone without problems.

And then subsequently:

Yes we are still posting updates on IGG and you should be receiving them if subscribed.
Yes, since IGG is a crowdfunding platform refunds would not be possible specially at this stage.

As I say, nothing at all unexpected, but I'm most annoyed at the treatment and do feel there's a lack of candour here towards people who, as you rightly say, EskeRahn, have put their own money at risk.  And not good, too, that I've not even got a commitment to check why these updates (which are pretty important even if far from comprehensive) are not getting to us.  

Edited by 749121
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
48 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

same here. Had it been offered as a plain pre-order only and not an igg, perk, I would have pre-ordered it.

Precisely so for me too.  Whether in hindsight an error on my part, I'll try to keep on open mind - which might be a little easier now I have got myself a second-hand BB Key 2 on E-Bay to tide me over!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lg05lg said:

I ordered via the website in June 2022. Should I have any reason to expect that if/when the phones do start shipping in December, mine will be fulfilled then?

I think so, but none of us know.  I would contact FxTec and ask them.

• Like 1
On 9/16/2022 at 6:41 AM, lg05lg said:

I ordered via the website in June 2022. Should I have any reason to expect that if/when the phones do start shipping in December, mine will be fulfilled then?

Do realise you are really late to the party. I don't see how you would get your phone before December 2023. Unless they somehow unfairly prioritize website orders over IGGs.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Slion said:

... unfairly prioritize website orders over IGGs.

That was a theory when batch 1 shipping was announced; that was disproved as delivery reports started trickling in with no such pattern.

F(x)tec did promise that unfulfilled Pro1 orders would be prioritized over IGGs, but that has not been the case either.

55 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

> I don't see how you would get your phone before December 2023

I wonder if that was a typo, or you being extremely pessimistic.... 😇

At this point I am beyond that pessimistic.

9 hours ago, Slion said:

Unless they somehow unfairly prioritize website orders over IGGs.

3 hours ago, Iambchop said:

That was a theory when batch 1 shipping was announced; that was disproved as delivery reports started trickling in with no such pattern.

F(x)tec did promise that unfulfilled Pro1 orders would be prioritized over IGGs, but that has not been the case either.

As I mentioned somewhere, they already conceded that, in China, the delivery order has become mixed up, unfortunately, which also is why I already have my Oct 2020 IGG order while still waiting for my Sept 2019 (sic!) website order. Probably hasn't been the only problem with the shipping company, seeing that their dealings with them seem to have come to a complete halt.  

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sweetcortex said:

They haven’t folded because of the kind and patient backers who are putting their hard earned money upfront to prop up this joke of a start-up. It’s because of backers that the idiots running this debacle can get away with what seems to be a loophole in company startups.  

you my friend seem to be siding with these armatures, why? Are you one of them?

They simply do not deserve to be in business. They should be sued out of existence!!!

Slandering is a way to loose friends, not get them....

You are the one that decided to invest your money on IGG. That you seem to have regretted that is your problem, and not the problem of anyone else. So who is the amateur here...?
Allow me to suggest only buying stuff, not investing in start-ups if you have not got the stomach to face it when it does not go as planned.
Personal I'm amazed that our money are not just lost, long ago, after all that hit this project. We actually got a prospect of getting something fairly close to what I hoped for when I invested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well, let's put it this way - I'm one of those lucky enough having received Pro1x in batch 1. I'm _very_ happy that it finally happened (after long waiting). I understand the frustration of those still waiting, but people who managed to create this device don't deserve statements like those appearing above.

Edited by xhajt03
  • Like 4