Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

34 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

The operation is definitely much more active than it was until recently. In response to my recent support request, I got a reply today that the USB module and display unit were available (£30 + £149 + shipping), and our dialogue went on to determine the shipping cost via FedEx, and the package is already 'in transit'!

I guess I'll wait for the Pro1X to arrive, though, before I undertake the adventure of dismantling the old Pro1...

I second that, I've been corresponding with tech support in order to see if my Pro1's no-keyboard and no-touch issue can be solved, and the rep at support has been quick to reply and also stated they have the USB board and display on stock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

8 hours ago, brunoais said:

I don't mean things such as pointing blame. I just mean things such as:

We got our previous delivery date canceled out of our control. We are requesting a new one

We got another date scheduled for XX/07/22. Hopefully this one will be the one

The phones are at X place. Cancelled flight(s) lead to the loss of our shipping window. We are waiting for a new shipping window. We were told we'd receive news this week about when the phones can be shipped.

We were given a new shipping window for friday (tomorrow).

Airplanes were grounded, so we lost our shipping window. Now priority packages who paid premium are being given priority. We are waiting to receive our shipping window announcement.

No need to blame any of their partners, just blame "unblamable" entities (such as the Chinese state, weather, etc...). However, keep us updated, even if making a new twitter account just for those small updates in order not to clog the marketing twitter. Or make a twitter thread giving these kinds of updates. Limit to state the facts, no need to tell who's to blame except if it's an "unblamable" entity.

Is that also unrealistic or bridge breaker?

Anyway, I would be very happy with these information - also that was one of the reasons why I have placed another perk at IGG which has later disappeared from campaign page, called "Enthusiast Perk".

It's description:

Be part of the Enthusiast community with F(x)tec and XDA. All backers get a digital appreciation pack and knowledge they you are supporting an important movement for freedom and choice in smartphones of today, You will also get access to all discussions and project updates. *This perk does not include a Pro1 X.

However, others would be disappointed reading such information and would start complaining more and more.
See IGG page comments section.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, VaZso said:

Anyway, I would be very happy with these information - also that was one of the reasons why I have placed another perk at IGG which has later disappeared from campaign page, called "Enthusiast Perk".

I did too, back in October 2020 to support the whole idea...

• Like 2
On 6/30/2022 at 12:08 PM, zundappchef said:

im stil betting that ill get my unihertz titan slim faster then this phone 

Glad I did not take that bet.... Just got a mail from UPS that my Titan reached Hamburg, so most likely I will have it Monday or Tuesday. Got it, see below

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I ordered in May 2020. In those days Fxtec-Homepage said, I will get the Pro 1 within six weeks. With 26 months this are f****** long six weeks. Now I am waiting for any sending information since one week. I am loosing any interest in this phone. I am not a rich man. I am working hard for my money. I am at the point where enough is enough. Where is the announced sending information? Where is my phone?

On 7/20/2022 at 12:38 PM, suicidal_orange said:

^ "Shipping will start soon!" - sounds awfully familiar 🤣

idk why u guys doubting 
but uuuh 
image.png.55cb6612512f1cd78431bbe69324ae64.png

telling u unizhertz just has a better proccess all around

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Glad I did not take that bet.... Just got a mail from UPS that my Titan reached Hamburg, so most likely I will have it Monday or Tuesday.

good to see im not the only one that has purchased one 

this fact here alone that these people designed put up a kickstarter and ship sooner then fx tec 
just shows how incredibly wrong stuff can go and that there are people who know what they are doing

Edit: i just checked ups and they are delivering it to my house today within a 1 hour timeframe as wel 

Edited by zundappchef
5 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

idk why u guys doubting

Not doubting, just laughing at the ! and lack of an actual date because people criticise Fxtec for doing exactly the same thing.

Glad to see there is an option, if they were more alternate OS friendly I'd have bought a Unihertz long ago.  What are you planning to run on the slim?

3 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

Glad to see there is an option, if they were more alternate OS friendly I'd have bought a Unihertz long ago.  What are you planning to run on the slim?

Personally nothing.... Bought it out of curiosity as I did with the Titan pocket, that have been on my desktop since I got it - still with protective plastic on the display, and the only thing I have done with it are the Google wizard restore and numerous later updates of the apps. Except once where I used the GPS in a walk around the border of my lawn, to compare the accuracy with the reception from my Automower.... The GPS of the titan is much better in getting an accurate position than both my Pro1 with stock android and the Automower

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Acurus said:

I ordered in May 2020. In those days Fxtec-Homepage said, I will get the Pro 1 within six weeks. With 26 months this are f****** long six weeks. Now I am waiting for any sending information since one week. I am loosing any interest in this phone. I am not a rich man. I am working hard for my money. I am at the point where enough is enough. Where is the announced sending information? Where is my phone?

September 2019, here. Right, in the meantime, I got a pre-owned one, which is hardly usable anymore due to several defects, though, and so I'm still eagerly awaiting the originally ordered device. If the sending of the first batches back in 2020 is any benchmark, we should expect a few more short delays to be on the safe side, but at this point I'm confident we'll eventually get our phones. Just don't expect them tomorrow morning. Or, at this point, this week...

• Like 3
On 7/22/2022 at 3:39 PM, EskeRahn said:

So UniHertz won the race....

Stick-splitting it was not a full delivery, it was delivered without the "unibuds" that was part of accessories to the pledge I took.
ADD I: Got a mail that they should be on their way in a separate parcel.
ADD II: Got them from Amazon (?)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Stick-splitting it was not a full delivery, it was delivered without the "unibuds" that was part of accessories to the pledge I took.
ADD: Got a mail that they should be on their way in a separate parcel.

they won for me . i have the full pledge i signed up for 
not sure what i wil do with it , but probably put my samsung to rest to test this unihertz
im just baffeled on how this is possible considering the time frame they did all of it in vs fx

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

they won for me . i have the full pledge i signed up for 
not sure what i wil do with it , but probably put my samsung to rest to test this unihertz
im just baffeled on how this is possible considering the time frame they did all of it in vs fx

The big difference being that UniHertz had test samples before going to Kickstarter in May.
FxTec had to rediesign the whole inner works after they had taken the pledges and was swindled.
UniHertz started their design phase one-two months before FxTec started their redesign.
Also remember that all the major inner components of the Slim and their Pocket are identical, so software and most likely almost(?) all drivers from the Pocket could be reused, so little software development (if any?).
Just like the Pro1X was supposed to be versus the Pro1 before the swindle.
But indeed impressive that Uniherz is over a month month ahead of their scheduled shipping in September.
image.thumb.png.1533f606fc4ff21c25785f2635adeb9c.png

• Like 2

Oh and comparing time frames: The Planet computers Astroglide that started in March 2020 (That is seven months before the Pro1X), should have produced 2000 units and "and will be sent to the warehouse in Hong Kong soon.", so I guess they have encountered similar problems as the rest of the industry.

Only making it more impressive that the Slim has been sent out. I wonder if it made a difference in getting what they needed that both FxTex and Planet are British companies, where I believe UniHertz is based in Hong Kong.

• Like 2

According to information I was given from f(x)tec, shipping of batch 1 is scheduled for today and tomorrow (HK local time).

However, no full guarantee has been made by the provider yet. Instead, it's informal information provided

Edited by brunoais
  • Thanks 5
6 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

It's unbelievable how hard it is to actually get anything done over there.

True. But I so much prefer something (even if relaying non-committed information) than silence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They have just shared an additional update containing shepping info here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Jul 26, 2022 • 11:34AM
17 minutes ago
Pro1-X Shipping Update - July

gijtb9jx5nkqeanxluf5.png

Dear Pro1-X backers:

Firstly, we are incredibly proud of how far we have come since launching the Pro1-X on Indiegogo back in 2020. We have received a tremendous amount of support, so thank you for being so patient with us! 

Those of you that have been following our progress over the last 18 months, know that this has undoubtedly not been the smoothest sailing of journeys. Yes, we have faced a number of challenges along the way, which have (unfortunately) resulted in a delay to the mass manufacturing and shipping dates that we had originally planned for. However, we have come out the other side and are now ready to start shipping devices out to you all. 

Here are the latest shipping updates!

• Pro1-X mass shipping has officially begun!

Shipping information:

• Batch 1 customers - you should now have started to receive tracking details via email.
  • Please keep an eye out for any emails or calls from Fedex - they may contact you requesting more information for customs clearance.
  • If you need any help / an invoice, please email [email protected]
  • Batch 2 customers - your Pro1-Xs will ship in August. More information and updates will be sent around in due course. 

Once again, thank you so much for your continued patience and support. We are so excited to be shipping to all of our wonderful Indiegogo backers finally and can not wait to start seeing you all using your Pro1-X’s.  

Don't forget to share your Pro1-X pics with us as they start to arrive, and tag us (@thefxtec) so that we can see! 

If you have any questions about your order, or shipping queries please contact us via (cenzored email address)

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
1 hour ago, aquaz said:

Well, there we go.

Please don't forget to share if you have received any shipping emails.

Rather than a multitude of posts on this I made three polls, 1/3 here
(due to system limitations, I could not do it as multiple questions in on poll)

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Acurus said:

Who is Batch 2 customer and who is Batch 1 customer?

In my perspective, There are a few "for sure"'s.
igg < 400 or bought before igg -> Batch 1
igg > 710 -> Batch 2

If your case is not the numbers I gave, then I don't know.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Acurus said:

Who is Batch 2 customer and who is Batch 1 customer?

Well interesting question but as discussed on IGG also, we do not know.
My GUESS would be that the remaining Pro1 is in Batch1 as well as the first orders and perks. But it MIGHT not be as simple as a number-split

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1