Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

2 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

You really think someone wont post on IGG within 2 mins of the first batch of e-mails being sent?  I'm pretty sure they will.

Four whole days left in this week...

I'll try to let everyone know when I get mine.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Next week should be the start of production according to the newest IGG update 🙂  

Posted Images

I've been lurking in this thread since it was first created and am one of the Pro 1 purchasers from the website ordered 01/27/2021.  It's been a long road, getting from there to here! 

I signed up so I could thank everyone who has been posting the IGG updates here and bringing some transparency to this whole process.

I originally ordered the Pro 1 because Verizon was barking that my old slider would not be supported and I would lose all service.  Well, functionality has become more degraded and quirky, but I've been able to make it work well enough.  I keep looking over my shoulder for the day it bricks though! 

Anyway, I always figured I'd be happy so long as I could get my new phone before my old phone kicks it completely and it looks like I just might make it!  I'll announce when/if my shipping email comes through so folks might extrapolate when they might expect theirs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
3 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

^ "Shipping will start soon!" - sounds awfully familiar 🤣

Especially to backers of the Jolla tablet. (That's a bit of ancient history - I'm over it now, but I bet that some people are still smarting.) Even Chen got burned indirectly, but that was not because of anything that Jolla did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
39 minutes ago, aquaz said:

So... Thrusday, huh? Hopefully we'll get some update next week.

I honestly thought this part was the easiest and it will just slide right off 😄

It may be the easiest for FxTec as it is out of their hands, but that does not mean that it will be fast... 'everyone' is whinning over how hard it is to get stuff from China, that a few years back was as easy as pie to get...

Just heard about the bicycle(!) sellers in Denmark having two years of backlog as they can not get the parts they are used to.... Had anyone guessed this crisis would last this long, local production would have been (re)started for many things....

On the other hand some things still gets here within a few days. So have no idea on the finer details in what is going on....

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

It may be the easiest for FxTec as it is out of their hands

Hasn't everything been out of their hands once it went past the design phase?  They ask someone in China to do something and ... most of the time nothing happens.  If you book a slot for shipping and send pallets of phones which are confirmed as arriving in time you would expect tracking numbers to be assigned and notification e-mails sent even if the courier doesn't arrive to actually take them, yet this hasn't happened.

Meanwhile Fxtec tweet a pic of a Pro1-X in the wild, as if to taunt us (surely not intentional but not good)

9 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

Meanwhile Fxtec tweet a pic of a Pro1-X in the wild, as if to taunt us (surely not intentional but not good)

I agree they are quite bad at PR...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

They ask someone in China to do something and ... most of the time nothing happens.

And this is precisely the problem FxTec and many many others in all kind of branches are faced with... It isn't even limited to tech.

Sure we have paid to fxtec so they are the one we can blame, and they can blame someone else and so on, perhaps in a long chain - but it unfortunately will not bring the devices closer to our hands, so rather futile.
FxTec isn't a huge player with a lot of punch. If someone does not do what they have promised, what exactly do you think FxTec can do? Most often they are faced with only two options: More waiting, or looking for alternatives - and either means more delays.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, brunoais said:

However, that is something that can share with us... And they haven't been sharing.

They have in broad terms talked about this as general issues. But if FxTec publicly point at some companies in particular and blame them, it is hardly going to improve the relation, and thus not exactly speed up things. Most likely they will just get an answer like: "Feel free to take your business elsewhere"

• Like 1

I don't mean things such as pointing blame. I just mean things such as:

We got our previous delivery date canceled out of our control. We are requesting a new one

We got another date scheduled for XX/07/22. Hopefully this one will be the one

The phones are at X place. Cancelled flight(s) lead to the loss of our shipping window. We are waiting for a new shipping window. We were told we'd receive news this week about when the phones can be shipped.

We were given a new shipping window for friday (tomorrow).

Airplanes were grounded, so we lost our shipping window. Now priority packages who paid premium are being given priority. We are waiting to receive our shipping window announcement.

No need to blame any of their partners, just blame "unblamable" entities (such as the Chinese state, weather, etc...). However, keep us updated, even if making a new twitter account just for those small updates in order not to clog the marketing twitter. Or make a twitter thread giving these kinds of updates. Limit to state the facts, no need to tell who's to blame except if it's an "unblamable" entity.

Is that also unrealistic or bridge breaker?

Edited by brunoais
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

The operation is definitely much more active than it was until recently. In response to my recent support request, I got a reply today that the USB module and display unit were available (£30 + £149 + shipping), and our dialogue went on to determine the shipping cost via FedEx, and the package is already 'in transit'!

I guess I'll wait for the Pro1X to arrive, though, before I undertake the adventure of disassembling the old Pro1...

Edited by Rob. S.
dismantling -> disassembling
  • Like 4
34 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

The operation is definitely much more active than it was until recently. In response to my recent support request, I got a reply today that the USB module and display unit were available (£30 + £149 + shipping), and our dialogue went on to determine the shipping cost via FedEx, and the package is already 'in transit'!

I guess I'll wait for the Pro1X to arrive, though, before I undertake the adventure of dismantling the old Pro1...

I second that, I've been corresponding with tech support in order to see if my Pro1's no-keyboard and no-touch issue can be solved, and the rep at support has been quick to reply and also stated they have the USB board and display on stock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, brunoais said:

I don't mean things such as pointing blame. I just mean things such as:

We got our previous delivery date canceled out of our control. We are requesting a new one

We got another date scheduled for XX/07/22. Hopefully this one will be the one

The phones are at X place. Cancelled flight(s) lead to the loss of our shipping window. We are waiting for a new shipping window. We were told we'd receive news this week about when the phones can be shipped.

We were given a new shipping window for friday (tomorrow).

Airplanes were grounded, so we lost our shipping window. Now priority packages who paid premium are being given priority. We are waiting to receive our shipping window announcement.

No need to blame any of their partners, just blame "unblamable" entities (such as the Chinese state, weather, etc...). However, keep us updated, even if making a new twitter account just for those small updates in order not to clog the marketing twitter. Or make a twitter thread giving these kinds of updates. Limit to state the facts, no need to tell who's to blame except if it's an "unblamable" entity.

Is that also unrealistic or bridge breaker?

Anyway, I would be very happy with these information - also that was one of the reasons why I have placed another perk at IGG which has later disappeared from campaign page, called "Enthusiast Perk".

It's description:

Be part of the Enthusiast community with F(x)tec and XDA. All backers get a digital appreciation pack and knowledge they you are supporting an important movement for freedom and choice in smartphones of today, You will also get access to all discussions and project updates. *This perk does not include a Pro1 X.

However, others would be disappointed reading such information and would start complaining more and more.
See IGG page comments section.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, VaZso said:

Anyway, I would be very happy with these information - also that was one of the reasons why I have placed another perk at IGG which has later disappeared from campaign page, called "Enthusiast Perk".

I did too, back in October 2020 to support the whole idea...

• Like 2

You guys are lucky. Meanwhile, Im still waiting for an answer to my support ticket (Its been 3 weeks today). It probably goes without saying, but I am not happy with this at all.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:08 PM, zundappchef said:

im stil betting that ill get my unihertz titan slim faster then this phone 

Glad I did not take that bet.... Just got a mail from UPS that my Titan reached Hamburg, so most likely I will have it Monday or Tuesday. Got it, see below

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I ordered in May 2020. In those days Fxtec-Homepage said, I will get the Pro 1 within six weeks. With 26 months this are f****** long six weeks. Now I am waiting for any sending information since one week. I am loosing any interest in this phone. I am not a rich man. I am working hard for my money. I am at the point where enough is enough. Where is the announced sending information? Where is my phone?

On 7/20/2022 at 12:38 PM, suicidal_orange said:

^ "Shipping will start soon!" - sounds awfully familiar 🤣

idk why u guys doubting 
but uuuh 
image.png.55cb6612512f1cd78431bbe69324ae64.png

telling u unizhertz just has a better proccess all around

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Glad I did not take that bet.... Just got a mail from UPS that my Titan reached Hamburg, so most likely I will have it Monday or Tuesday.

good to see im not the only one that has purchased one 

this fact here alone that these people designed put up a kickstarter and ship sooner then fx tec 
just shows how incredibly wrong stuff can go and that there are people who know what they are doing

Edit: i just checked ups and they are delivering it to my house today within a 1 hour timeframe as wel 

Edited by zundappchef
5 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

idk why u guys doubting

Not doubting, just laughing at the ! and lack of an actual date because people criticise Fxtec for doing exactly the same thing.

Glad to see there is an option, if they were more alternate OS friendly I'd have bought a Unihertz long ago.  What are you planning to run on the slim?

Seeing as now it's well past what most people would consider the end of the day in China, I suppose we're punting until next week again.  My money would be on lockdown delays this time.

Edited by EvilDNA127
typo
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

Glad to see there is an option, if they were more alternate OS friendly I'd have bought a Unihertz long ago.  What are you planning to run on the slim?

Personally nothing.... Bought it out of curiosity as I did with the Titan pocket, that have been on my desktop since I got it - still with protective plastic on the display, and the only thing I have done with it are the Google wizard restore and numerous later updates of the apps. Except once where I used the GPS in a walk around the border of my lawn, to compare the accuracy with the reception from my Automower.... The GPS of the titan is much better in getting an accurate position than both my Pro1 with stock android and the Automower

• Thanks 1