Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

11 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well interesting question but as discussed on IGG also, we do not know.
My GUESS would be that the remaining Pro1 is in Batch1 as well as the first orders and perks. But it MIGHT not be as simple as a number-split

There are still Pro1 pre-orders, where people have opted for Lineage or Ubuntu on Pro1x upgrade, so these are surely postponed. There is also a question of keyboard layouts -- we've been hearing pretty much nothing about that, I wouldn't rule out only QWERTY being in the first batch. I've ordered my Pro1 with QWERTZ in November 2019, with QWERTZ being one of the reasons I never got it. Sure hope this is not a problem for Pro1x, fingers crossed....

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

There are still Pro1 pre-orders, where people have opted for Lineage or Ubuntu on Pro1x upgrade, so these are surely postponed.

I may have misunderstood them, but if I remember correctly they stated they will send them all out with Android now for everyone and you can flash your own OS later.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, aquaz said:

I may have misunderstood them, but if I remember correctly they stated they will send them all out with Android now for everyone and you can flash your own OS later.

You are correct

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aquaz said:

7 minutes ago, brunoais said:

You are correct

OK, thanks, I must have misunderstood then. Even more fingers crossed then!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mr414 said:

Just email [email protected] and send them a screenshot of your IGG order receipt. I got a response within 1 hour.

They said batch 2 folks will receive a tracking number in 2-3 weeks.

Please do not do that everyone, it would flood the poor guys with mails if we all do....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
34 minutes ago, mr414 said:

Just email [email protected] and send them a screenshot of your IGG order receipt. I got a response within 1 hour.

They said batch 2 folks will receive a tracking number in 2-3 weeks.

So you were batch 2 or batch 1? What contribution ID did you have (not the exact obviously, but...)?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Please do not do that everyone, it would flood the poor guys with mails if we all do....

If you placed an order, you're entitled to know what your batch # is. Since they didn't proactively inform customers of their batch # (which would have been trivial to do), our only option is to ask. It's their job and duty to answer customer emails. 

50 minutes ago, mr414 said:

If you placed an order, you're entitled to know what your batch # is. Since they didn't proactively inform customers of their batch # (which would have been trivial to do), our only option is to ask. It's their job and duty to answer customer emails. 

Everyone would have been "entitled" to so much since the Pro1 was introduced in 2019, and we could have defined "their job and duty" to include all kinds of stuff of which we now know that they've notoriously neglected it. In the end, I don't care, as long as I get that phone, whenever that will be. I've been waiting since September 2019 for their phone, and when I get it, the fact alone will be a major miracle in my book.  

And I definitely prefer getting my phone over getting metadata about its shipping, and I won't ask them about that metadata because it won't accelerate the delivery. In the worst case, it will slow down the delivery. Soon enough we'll all know whether our phones were in batch one or two...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
48 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

And I definitely prefer getting my phone over getting metadata about its shipping, and I won't ask them about that metadata because it won't accelerate the delivery. In the worst case, it will slow down the delivery. Soon enough we'll all know whether our phones were in batch one or two...

Indeed. When the first report they got a mail, we can expect all in the first batch to get a similar mail within few days. Those of us that do not, well we (or they) are in batch 2....

• Like 2

Are the phones now in FedEx storage waiting for someone to process them? Perhaps FedEx still does not have a shipping slot for them yet and it would be awkward to send tracking ID showing nothing happening.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jlavi said:

Are the phones now in FedEx storage waiting for someone to process them? Perhaps FedEx still does not have a shipping slot for them yet and it would be awkward to send tracking ID showing nothing happening.

When my Pro1 was shipped, it sat on FedEx for several days doing nothing on the tracking over a weekend before moving.  So I suspect the slow down is actually the logistics company managing the shipping.  I assume they create the labels and then, when all id ready (probably the whole batch), provide the label information to FedEx for pickup.  FedEx just scans when they pick the batch up.

Now this is all speculative.  Don't know how this really works.  For the Pro1, the logistics company was Expansys.  Don't know who they are using now.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Looks like you ordered from the web site.  There has been other evidence they are in batch 1, I suspect because there are more legal protections for actual customers and you really are customers and paid more.  I am not bothered by that.  I would expect, again, from my experience with the Pro 1, that you won't see it move until Monday.. then it will begin moving quickly.

Good luck and congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
38 minutes ago, dlmarquis said:

I'm in batch 1, and it looks like my package is currently crossing the pacific (HK International is in Lantau). I'm surprised that I'm in the first batch; I ordered off the fxtec website on 06 August 2021.phoneprocess.png.ad517f5428ffb3f45ec7c616194af020.png

phonetracking.thumb.png.8fd42cec4de87c92604e75dc7c4c6610.png

Post here pls:

• Thanks 3
3 hours ago, Hook said:

Looks like you ordered from the web site.  There has been other evidence they are in batch 1, I suspect because there are more legal protections for actual customers and you really are customers and paid more.  I am not bothered by that.  I would expect, again, from my experience with the Pro 1, that you won't see it move until Monday.. then it will begin moving quickly.

Good luck and congratulations!

Looks like they're doing better this time around: I just got the notification that my phone has landed in Alaska.

EDIT: And it's just left Alaska---presumably for the continental US.

Edited by dlmarquis
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2