Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

f(x)tec is an unlucky company. Just when their DeckHD got a bit of exposure and somewhat good reviews, Valve went and announced OLED SteamDecks today with a 90Hz display. Same resolution, but considering DeckHD required BIOS updates, their sales will probably plummet almost to zero. If my Pro1x with QWERTZ hasn't been produced yet, the little hope I had about it being cross-financed by DeckHD is now dead too.

• Sad 3
2 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Valve went and announced OLED SteamDecks today with a 90Hz display. Same resolution, but

Yeah, too bad... Still, there are a lot of old SteamDecks out there, and cheaper non-OLED ones continue to be sold, too. At some point their owners might still decide to upgrade them with DeckHD, which really seems sensibly priced.

Hello good people.

There are many on this forum that are happily enjoying their FX Pro's and there are some that have had sub par experiences with their phones. And then there are those that have no product to speak of.  It appeared to be a nice niche product for tech nerds 2 years ago but now its outdated tech, and "unholy grail"

There are many of us here with long email chains from "Franciso" with placating replies to us all. I personally have requested a refund and was promptly stated that order was changed. After months of waiting and many other emails from "Franciso" stating their finance department was working on it I changed my order again and was promptly told it would be.

I think we are all at out wits end trying to get a substantiative answer from FXtec.

There are several posts regarding people waiting on orders and cancellations. 

Can everyone thats still waiting on an order or that has cancelled an order reply to this post and state when you have put in your order.

Here is mine,

Order #64**6 was placed on August 10, 2022 and is currently Processing.

Here is mine,

That's almost 15months!

Anyone waiting longer??

And Yes I have tried cancelling through my CC company but being in the Oceanic region the bank says they cannot do anything about it!

9 hours ago, Nik said:

Order #64**6 was placed on August 10, 2022 and is currently Processing.

#36**1    September 20, 2019    Processing

(Pro1, later changed to Pro1X. I must have been one of the last few of that batch who didn't manage to get their devices much earlier. I *did* receive another Pro1X, ordered in October 2020, though, in the meantime.)

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Sad 1

I hadn't realize  there's  a page  to  check the  status of the order on FxTec.  Thanks for that link, @KaKi87!  So I checked my order info:

Order #56xxxx, Aug 2020. It is still listed as a black Pro 1. *edit: status says Processing.

There was no information on the upgrade to a Pro1x.  Does anyone else's show that?  Mine is complicated as it then got bundled with the Indiegogo Pro1x I ordered in Nov 2020, but it does not show on the Indiegogo page that I have 2 Pro1xs.  My credit card receipt is the only place. Should I be asking about this with @Casey

I have no idea when the Aug 2020 order will come. Am I naive to wait for it before sending the Indiegogo one I received last week that does not boot? 😞

Edited by hling
add info
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, hling said:

There was no information on the upgrade to a Pro1x.  Does anyone else's show that? 

Mine didn't, either. The order status also didn't reflect an earlier change from QWERTZ to QWERTY. 

Yes.

Technically, Indiegogo aren't orders so there is no "order" page, yet you do have more info with monthly updates, while website orderers only ever had "processing".

It has been asked several times whether Indiegogo news ever include website orders, including right here, but no explicit answer were ever given, so, realistically, it's a no.

1 hour ago, KaKi87 said:

Yes.

Technically, Indiegogo aren't orders so there is no "order" page, yet you do have more info with monthly updates, while website orderers only ever had "processing".

It has been asked several times whether Indiegogo news ever include website orders, including right here, but no explicit answer were ever given, so, realistically, it's a no.

Yes and no. 

IGG updates provide information on progress (or lack thereof) on manufacturing and now shipping.  When discussing the Expansys sell-off in one of the updates, they said that would not interfere with IGG or website orders, indicating both had been manufactured and on March 23, 2023, Casey said in Discord "I assure everyone here that we have enough devices to fulfil all IGG contributions and website orders."  So, in this sense, IGG updates are website updates as well.

Obviously there is the justifiable frustration of so many people, IGG or Website, who nonetheless don't have their phones and we don't know what order phones are being shipped in, but I think it's a good bet that IGG updates are also website order updates,

So, i was getting ready to send back the Indiegogo Pro 1x that came unbootable. Since i opened the box from the underside i failed to see the handwriting that said "does not boot up" until now when i flipped the box over. (see attached).  I don't understand why, if it was deemed Unbootable, did they still mail it out?  And the question  now is: will my Web order be coming from this same location?  might i suggest they send the known unbootable  units to people in UK. so that the repair isn't two international shipments away?841340623_DOAlabelIMG20231117090621.thumb.jpg.7ff632e189815f391f1ab39d442e0b2a.jpg

• Sad 2
18 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Mine didn't, either. The order status also didn't reflect an earlier change from QWERTZ to QWERTY. 

so then how would they know there are enough Pro 1xs to cover both IGG and the FxTec web orders if our order page does not say Pro 1x? wouldn't the numbers be under counted? 

38 minutes ago, hling said:

So, i was getting ready to send back the Indiegogo Pro 1x that came unbootable. Since i opened the box from the underside i failed to see the handwriting that said "does not boot up" until now when i flipped the box over. (see attached).  I don't understand why, if it was deemed Unbootable, did they still mail it out?  And the question  now is: will my Web order be coming from this same location?  might i suggest they send the known unbootable  units to people in UK. so that the repair isn't two international shipments away?841340623_DOAlabelIMG20231117090621.thumb.jpg.7ff632e189815f391f1ab39d442e0b2a.jpg

It was probably a mistake and meant to be sorted out...

Maybe they should hire a repairman in the US for repairs over there?

• Like 1
On 11/17/2023 at 6:37 PM, hling said:

so then how would they know there are enough Pro 1xs to cover both IGG and the FxTec web orders if our order page does not say Pro 1x? wouldn't the numbers be under counted? 

That's easy, all Pro1 phones which haven't been delivered yet have been converted to Pro1X phones 😉 

Hello everyone.
I come here regularly, but I rarely write. I'm here to answer the survey...
I placed an order through the fx tec website in August 2020, the order number is 565##, pro 1 model with AZERTY keyboard, since upgraded to PRO 1 X 8Gb 256, still AZERTY keyboard...
Like many of you, I've since ordered a model from another site (I can't remember the name, but I think you can see what I'm referring to...), which I received promptly. In view of your messages, I'm only using it as a PDA, because I don't want to check how long it will be a working phone. Incidentally, I've asked to cancel my order and get my money back (3 times, the last time I think I was not very kind). Each time, I was told it would be done quickly, and even today, to respond, I went to check, my profile is still pending and processing!!!!! So, being in the fxtec files as still pending, I've come to hope that I'll receive my toy with an AZERTY keyboard one day.... The end of the year is coming, can we still believe in Santa Claus?

• Sad 1
On 11/19/2023 at 4:12 PM, deamon said:

Hello everyone.
I come here regularly, but I rarely write. I'm here to answer the survey...
I placed an order through the fx tec website in August 2020, the order number is 565##, pro 1 model with AZERTY keyboard, since upgraded to PRO 1 X 8Gb 256, still AZERTY keyboard...
Like many of you, I've since ordered a model from another site (I can't remember the name, but I think you can see what I'm referring to...), which I received promptly. In view of your messages, I'm only using it as a PDA, because I don't want to check how long it will be a working phone. Incidentally, I've asked to cancel my order and get my money back (3 times, the last time I think I was not very kind). Each time, I was told it would be done quickly, and even today, to respond, I went to check, my profile is still pending and processing!!!!! So, being in the fxtec files as still pending, I've come to hope that I'll receive my toy with an AZERTY keyboard one day.... The end of the year is coming, can we still believe in Santa Claus?

My Order was placed on August 15, 2021 and is currently Processing. Since iam just waiting.........and believe in Santa Claus?