Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

Hi community. I need your help. It has been more then a year and a half since I paid for the fxpro1 machine from fxtech. After like 15 exchanged mails, it has not still arrived. I have asked for a refund of the money and still nothing happens. I am not sure if I am the only one who is experiencing this with the fxtech company, or is there anybody else who has a bad experience like me?

3 hours ago, Radek Vymazal said:

Hi community. I need your help. It has been more then a year and a half since I paid for the fxpro1 machine from fxtech. After like 15 exchanged mails, it has not still arrived. I have asked for a refund of the money and still nothing happens. I am not sure if I am the only one who is experiencing this with the fxtech company, or is there anybody else who has a bad experience like me?

As you can see, if you read through this thread, many are  in your situation.  Your options depend on whether you backed on IGG or not.  If you backed on IGG, there are no refunds.  You just have to wait and see-- we're hoping for an update on IGG soon.  If you ordered from their web site as a pre-purchase, you can try going through your charge card or bank to do a charge-back.

1 hour ago, Hook said:

As you can see, if you read through this thread, many are  in your situation.  Your options depend on whether you backed on IGG or not.  If you backed on IGG, there are no refunds.  You just have to wait and see-- we're hoping for an update on IGG soon.  If you ordered from their web site as a pre-purchase, you can try going through your charge card or bank to do a charge-back.

The option of trying to get a charge-back may also be available if you backed on Indiegogo. In some countries, and with some card issuers, crowdfunding are judged on the same basis as pre-orders, so it may be worth trying, if you really want the refund. The worst thing that can happen is that you get a no for an answer, and thats that.

Edited by guest03847
typo

I remain content with my Fold 4 solution, employing it similarly to how you would use the Pro1x.
Regrettably, I haven't come across any further updates on IGG, and I'm holding onto the hope that they can sustain their operations. Nevertheless, in light of the expansys shipping and retail activities, including the substantial sale of Pro1x units in numerous stores, I am apprehensive that our devices might not continue to receive attention. The exact number of units sold through these outlets remains uncertain, but I wouldn't be surprised if it amounts to a minimum of 1,000 devices.

• Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to check if people have recieved their FxTec Pro orders?
I ordered mine in 2021 and still haven't received it. Nor have I received any response from FxTec over the past 6 months regarding my order.

I'm very disappointed by FxTec and this lengthy wait time with absolutely no updates provided.

Is anybody else in the same boat? Or have you received your phones?

Thank you!
Best regards.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Soumya2828 said:

Hi all,

I ordered mine in 2021 and still haven't received it. Nor have I received any response from FxTec over the past 6 months regarding my order.

I'm very disappointed by FxTec and this lengthy wait time with absolutely no updates provided.

Thank you!
Best regards.

As you can see from reading through the last couple of pages of this thread, many (most?) have not received their orders.  Some have (I have), They have been silent for a while so there is nothing we can do but guess.  We don't even know numbers. Are there people who received them out there but don't come to forums?  Certainly, far more ordered than the handful of people who regularly hang out in this forum (I have a friend who received his and he never comes here).

So, what we can conclude is that there are many who are in your boat.  At  this point, whatever the number, it is too many.  Planet Computers ran into this problem with shipping and couldn't solve it.  Hope FxTec has something better to say soon. 

• Like 2

https://aspiremagz.com/adrian-li-mow-ching-at-the-forefront-of-the-telecom-industry-with-his-web3-technology-based-phone/

https://www.dubaivibesmagazine.ae/adrian-li-mow-ching-a-visionary-entrepreneur-building-a-global-legacy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STWrQ6OZios

I guess we all know now why we did not recieve our devices; because Fxtec have been busy "thriving" and building their Web3 phone for the past year, and while they were also busy "prioritizing" and "making a good example", they plainly forgot to ship our perks/orders, and also forgot to update their "beloved backers" and customers about this little misshap.

Edited by guest274577
fixed links.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, guest274577 said:

...they plainly forgot to ship our perks/orders, and also forgot to update their "beloved backers" and customers about this little misshap.

I doubt that "forgot" is the right word here, but certainly very annoying that they do not post an update on IGG on what has been going on since their June-update 2½ months ago....

• Like 4
17 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I doubt that "forgot" is the right word here, but certainly very annoying that they do not post an update on IGG on what has been going on since their June-update 2½ months ago....

You are correct. I should probably have used wordings such as "down prioritized", "postponed" or "did not bother". I mean, if you can afford to develop a new phone in parallell, then you can clearly afford the few bucks that shipment of our devices would cost.

Unless the truth is that you are no longer in possession of said devices, and therefore, if you wanted to ship, you would need to produce more.

Either way, something is not adding up with all the stories we have been told.

• Like 1

Communication could be better for sure, this seems to be a common theme in crowdfunding, but I thought the final hurdle to the PrawnX was the logistics company holding our phones to ransom in their warehouse while they try to extort some more money from Fx for shipping, and I'm not surprised Fx are trying to maintain a positive spin on the company while they try to attract more investors to diversify their portfolio and create some new revenue streams.  

Edited by MonCon
  • Like 4

I don't think the problem is necessarily whether they have possession of the devices. I think the main problem is that they haven't been able to solve getting them shipped.  So what are the possible holdups there. 

Again, this is just speculation, I have no facts.  However I suspect that, as Expansys was dying (they are gone from the web), they demanded ridiculous amounts of money more to do the shipping they were already contracted to do.  FxTec has said they did get the stock moved back to the factory.  Lets assume that's true (might not be but that long ago last update used past tense for that). Now they have a real problem-- because any new logistics company is going to want a lot of money to take on that shipping because, in fact, shipping prices have gone up over the pandemic.  I don't believe they have a lot of money. I don't think trips to Dubai indicates a lot of money. What it indicates to me is that they are looking for investors.

As pointed out a number of times, the original Pro1X was simply a Pro1 with a different color and more memory.  The alternate OS had already been developed and were ready to go even if not 100% smooth.  It was really a campaign for a massive parts order that would make the Pro1xs, but also finish up supplying still unfufilled Pro 1 orders. Everything was ready to go.  It didn't need design and development phases.   That's what the IGG campaign promised. It should have been a slam dunk for them.

That's when the contractor responsible for supplying the SD 835s pulled the rug out from under them by not supplying them eve though they took the money (as I understand what has been said).  This forced the redesign of the phone, something that probably more than ate up the funds they had raised. 

While all this was going on in 2021, at some point they (wisely, I think) began to look for other sources of investment, which led them to all this Web 3 and blockchain stuff.  In early 2022 they began doing business as Linxdot and I'm pretty sure those investments are what helped get our phones finally manufactured and should have gotten them shipped, but when FxTec sent the pallets to Expansys in August 2022, after shipping some of the phones, a dispute arose between FxTec and Expansys.  I'm guessing Expansys wanted more money.  Probably a lot more money.

If money is truly the only obstacle, they might be able to get investors, particularly those funding the Web 3 phone prototype (and I bet it's just a prototype, which is why Adrian was so cagey with it) to provide funds that allow them to fulfill shipping so that the company these investors are investing in can look more successful an the phone front.  That's not quite the same as another conspiracy theory being floated on IGG.  However, looking at what happened to Planet Computers, there is reason to fear there is more to it than just money.  That would be bad news.

I do wish FxTec were more commmunicative even if all they can say is "we still haven't solved it. we're working on it, we have no idea when this will be solved."   Just let us know someone is paying attention to our Pro1Xs, and that FxTec hasn't given up yet.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, guest274577 said:

You are correct. I should probably have used wordings such as "down prioritized", "postponed" or "did not bother". I mean, if you can afford to develop a new phone in parallell, then you can clearly afford the few bucks that shipment of our devices would cost.

Unless the truth is that you are no longer in possession of said devices, and therefore, if you wanted to ship, you would need to produce more.

Either way, something is not adding up with all the stories we have been told.

The problem here is with the lacking info we are left to guessing.

Even if your theory is correct, I highly doubt they are financing any new device themselves, so they can not just take the money someone invested in another product/project and use for us. At the most they can use of their part of the revenue for us, or from any money someone might invest in (or donate to) FxTec as a company.

• Like 4

When I ordered via web page in May 2020, they promised shipping within 3 months. They did not ship till today. They wrote a lot including lies. Prompts to send back my money have not been answered. It seems to be a big fraud. Or is it criminal behave? We all should focus the reality: Some have got a phone, others not. Who has not got it, will not get it. The money is lost. 

This was my last posting here. More than three years of waiting are enough. Fxxx you, Fxtec!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, Hook said:

I suspect that, as Expansys was dying (they are gone from the web), they demanded

What the... I didn't even notice that yet, thanks for the report!

That sheds a completely different light on the earlier shipping issues. If Expansys was in a similarly bad state of funds as Fxtec, which will have been the case, we must consider all the more that the delays and the outflow of devices via Expansys might not have been, and in any case not solely, Fxtec's fault.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3
On 8/24/2023 at 5:02 PM, Soumya2828 said:

Hi all,

Thank you!
Best regards.

I have received the device I ordered and payed for in 2020 through IGG. I have not yet received the device I ordered and payed for in 2019 through the website (a Pro1 that was later changed to Pro1X).

With their latest statement from June being that their devices are back in the factory, there's still some hope that our devices still exist and may find their way to us at some point.

It is also clear that Fxtec has been out of funds for a long time now when it comes to the Pro1X business, and that they have to cross-fund all that still is to happen there from other business lines. To be able to do that, they need to be successful there. With their latest Linxdot hotspot, a firmware update in April seems to have broken things without any fixes out yet, while at the same time people have been ordering but not receiving any more Linxdot hotspots for months now. So none of that looks too bright at this point. Of course, there might be funds coming in through the other Web 3 stuff they're doing right now, but right now I wouldn't bet on anything, although it borders on miracle that the company still even exists.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

I have received the device I ordered and payed for in 2020 through IGG. I have not yet received the device I ordered and payed for in 2019 through the website (a Pro1 that was later changed to Pro1X).

With their latest statement from June being that their devices are back in the factory, there's still some hope that our devices still exist and may find their way to us at some point.

It is also clear that Fxtec has been out of funds for a long time now when it comes to the Pro1X business, and that they have to cross-fund all that still is to happen there from other business lines. To be able to do that, they need to be successful there. With their latest Linxdot hotspot, a firmware update in April seems to have broken things without any fixes out yet, while at the same time people have been ordering but not receiving any more Linxdot hotspots for months now. So none of that looks too bright at this point. Of course, there might be funds coming in through the other Web 3 stuff they're doing right now, but right now I wouldn't bet on anything, although it borders on miracle that the company still even exists.

I saw Chen still repost 99 deckhd review. At least the founder still kicking around.

A couple of months ago, I've contacted fxtec's support to ask them where my phone is in terms of sending queue position or similar. The answer came swiftly with something along the lines of "we don't know that and wouldn't tell you if we did". Recently, I've emailed them again, citing my legal expectation of a website order (in November 2019!) to result in either a phone or a refund. The answer came about a week later, telling me they have changed warehouses (completely?) and there would be some news *very soon* (tm). So nothing we haven't heard so far, not really news, make of it what you want. I would at least assume they'd publish an IGG update early next week or something like that, but who knows, right? 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, guest274577 said:

I believe Acurus' comment to be spot on. Didnt recieve one yet? You wont. 

Remember that law compells them to refund any pre-orders from the website where people want refund before spending a single penny on shipping.

They certainly are obliged to pay cancelled pre-orders back, but I do not know in what order they are required to serve their obligations.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KaKi87 said:

Interesting.

Could you please tell us which day was about a week later than recently ?

I've mailed on 15th and the reply came on 22nd of August, the previous interaction has been at the beginning of May (just looked it up, the answer has indeed *not* been swift then, it took two weeks).

Just now, KaKi87 said:

Ok @Nikolai, so are you going to wait more, or specifically ask for a refund ?

Personally I sent a refund request on the 24th, even if they send me the same reply you got, I'll still insist on getting a refund, because I'm tired of them talking a bunch of nothing.

Honestly, I'm not in a hurry. The phone has been ordered through my employer, it's officially has been "in use" for four years now, so from my employer's POV it's completely amortized now and I can get a new one anytime. I'm just interested to see how it ends now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1