Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On 12/27/2021 at 9:50 AM, EskeRahn said:

Personally I hope for e-ink keys like they had on the "Alias 2" a.k.a. "SCH-U750" Samsung made for Verizon. An ingenious solution, fitting 'any' language or gaming...

SCH-U750-UNIT.JPG

Man, I remember that phone!  Such a unique device in an era full of unique takes on smartphones and messaging phones.

The homogenization of phones in the Post-iPhone Era has been so depressing, and it's why I chose to keep buying BlackBerries, and why I've bought things like the Moto Z Force Edition phones (big mistake as I learned later, they were plagued by battery issues, but had the Keyboard Mod gone to production, that would've been a solution for us Physical Keyboard Lovers) and now the Unihertz Titan, and it's why I'd love to buy a Pro1 X at some point.  I'm choosing to give my money to companies that want to still offer more than just an iPhoney or a Galaxy Clone.

I've also just pre-ordered the Unihertz TickTock to be my secondary phone on Verizon Wireless, again because it's unique, and because it's ruggedized!  We need to get back to having more CHOICE and more variation in our smartphones again. 😎 

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

They have released another update here.

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Mar 7, 2022 • 12:50PM
11 minutes ago
Pro1-X March Update

dpkf3xgtyjlmberiozc4.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here is a quick update regarding the Pro1-X campaign.

• Following our last update, the lockdown/quarantine in Shi Yan was lifted last week. 
  • We have since been able to schedule the delivery of the final components for next week.
  • We are recruiting workers ready to begin assembly on the 14th of March.
  • On the software front, we have submitted GMS to 3PL for approval and have solved the VTS problem we were working on last month.

As mentioned in our last update, China has a zero-tolerance Covid strategy in place which has delayed many workers returning to the factory due to the recent travel restrictions. 

This means that 1) there are fewer workers available to begin mass manufacturing, and 2) the transportation links between China and Hong Kong have been seriously impacted due to a number of lorry drivers who have been self-isolating after catching Covid.

Whilst we expect to begin assembly next week and will do our very best to meet this date, some situations are out of our control. Given how seriously and suddenly China responds to covid breakouts, it can be difficult to predict exactly when another lockdown might be implemented. 

Once manufacturing has begun we will send round another update!

As always, thank you for your ongoing contribution and support to the Pro1-X Indiegogo campaign. If you have any questions or queries do not hesitate to drop us an email at info at fxtec.com! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
On 3/6/2022 at 12:10 AM, Jack T. Chance said:

I couldn't afford to wait any longer to replace my aging BlackBerry Mobile Key2 (the battery is swelling up and separating the backplate from the rest of the phone) so I had to order something that would ship right away.  I went on Unihertz's Amazon Store and ordered the Unihertz Titan and it was delivered 2 days later!  For those of us that can't handle the tiny 3.1-inch screen of a Unihertz Titan Pocket these days, the 4.6" screen of the Titan is better.  Closest thing to a BlackBerry that's actually SHIPPING these days.  My new phone is already in my hands, and I've even been able to install the BlackBerry Launcher and some of the BB Android Apps! 😂😂

At $350, it was a no-brainer for me.  I might still order a Pro1 X eventually, that's assuming they're actually able to get them produced and shipping, naturally. Not gonna lie, though.... after the experiences I had with the BlackBerry PRIV, the curved glass AMOLED screen is a MAJOR CON of this device for me, and a lot of my hesitation to pull the trigger on a Pro1 or Pro1 X came from that.  Having dropped a PRIV on concrete and had that "Gorilla Glass" curved screen shatter, I no longer trust their durability claims one bit.  The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. 😝

What carrier are you using?

2 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Does anyone know where Pro1x is manifactured?

It seems Pro1 manufacturing is affected, at least Liangchen Chen has written the following info on Twitter:

Edit: Quote was not really successful, so I have removed some images/formatting stuff (quote inside quote of Chen's own text).

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

March update has been released here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Mar 14, 2022 • 1:09PM
23 minutes ago
March Shipping Update

ymieu7aaxxp1gjiapmfh.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers, 

We are almost ready to start shipping! Components are at the factory and ready to be assembled as we have planned to start shipping this month. 

Shenzhen went into lockdown over the weekend due to a covid outbreak in the country - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-14/shenzhen-tightens-shipping-rules-to-cut-infections-virus-update-l0q1wikc. Our factory in Shenzhen has been shut down which means that mass manufacturing will be delayed by one week. As soon as everything is back up and running we will get your Pro1-X’s assembled and shipped as soon as we can. 

Whilst we do not expect this to significantly impact our manufacturing and shipping timeline, there may be a one-week delay before we can start shipping your Pro1-X’s.

If you have any questions, please email info at fxtec.com. Please note, our support desk is extremely busy at the moment so it might take up to three working days to get back to you. 

Thank you all for your continued patience and support! 

Team F(x)tec 

• Thanks 2

It's been one year St Patrick's day and "Nothing has been accomplished with the Fxtec team to get the x to their buyers"! Bad luck follows them like their poor decisions and lack of experience! I want my damn phone or my refund NOW!! Enough B. S. is enough!! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
2 hours ago, Dean said:

"Nothing has been accomplished..."

Not sure who or where you are quoting, but this is just an outright lie.  Slow, yes, but they have engineered a phone and right now stand ready for manufacture once the factory opens up and trained workers are available. I'm sorry, but as much as I want my Pro1x to show up on my doorstep, that isn't "nothing."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how many people haven't received their Pro1. And, will they'll be receiving their Pro1x before Pro1x-buyers 🤔?

And what about those people who have been waiting for repairs for months, or even over a year!? A two year warranty doesn't mean 💩 when your phone has been with the company that provided it for over a year!

I'm genuinely looking forward to receiving my Pro1x. But I'm ultimate and deeply saddened and disappointed with the one Pro1 out of for that I kept. It's been in for repairs well over a year in total. As they're unable to repair it, decent thing to do would be replace it with a Pro1x.

Although I would still prefer to have them both. As a reminder of this journey. Last of the Mohicans...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK Hook, I finally found someone with less brains than me! U must be Fxtec mouthpiece cuz u jump in like a lawyer! No phone in years, nothing has been accomplished yet! They trusted the people of China & results in many bad decisions! 😝 

• Confused 3
On 3/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, Fullmetaljacket223 said:

What carrier are you using?

T-Mobile for my Titan, and Verizon Wireless for my TickTock.  It is not recommended to use these phones on AT&T Wireless, or MVNOs on their network, because with the 3G shutdown that's underway, they've also begun banning all phone IMEIs that aren't on their approved "Whitelist", and that includes Unihertz's devices.  So Unihertz device users are finding that they're unable to use their phones on the Death Star Network as of this month.  I suspect the same thing would happen if one tried to use a Pro1-X on the Galactic Empire's Network.

• Sad 1
On 3/14/2022 at 12:34 PM, VaZso said:

March update has been released here:

"Whilst we do not expect this to significantly impact our manufacturing and shipping timeline, there may be a one-week delay before we can start shipping your Pro1-X’s."

Don't you think you should finally update or remove the statement in F(x)tec Shop saying: "SHIPPING IN FEBRUARY 2022".

I recommended the Phone to friends, now they laugh at me, and I'm standing here like an idiot. How could I recommend trusting a company that is not even able to keep basic stuff straight. Covid related delays are nice, but update your website or just delete it. Nothing on twitter either. I don't know what's wrong with you guys. This is so embarrassing.

3 hours ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

Don't you think you should finally update or remove the statement in F(x)tec Shop saying: "SHIPPING IN FEBRUARY 2022".

I don't know why you are addressing this to me, I am also a simple customer here...

Anyway, Chen wrote this on twitter 18 hours ago (not for me, but as a reply on Twitter):

We have started to book the assembly line, currently the earliest availability is on weekend (factory has some house keeping work after shut down and need to make sure enough worker has 48 hr negative result) I can't wait to share more info once assembly starts! Finally there!

Once Assembly starts I will confirm this - hopefully a bit of them for each. Thank you for your patience and I can't wait to share more images/videos about production and shipping!

So I would think an official update is also close to come...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

It's OBVIOUSLY not meant for you.

Sorry, but this is not true. You quoted a post of @VaZso, and then responded with the opening sentence "Don't you think ...".

I am ready to believe you did not mean to address your rant at @VaZso, and that the impression of you doing so just resulted from a careless writing style of yours. However, this interpretation is all but "obvious" and, even if true, would still call for an apology.

In other news, all-caps are usually considered equivalent to shouting, for which there is also no need here. Even if we all frustrated about manufacturing delays and F(x)tec's communication skills ... 😉

Everyone try to relax. Keyboard phones are important. But not that important, are they?

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@fxtec-preorder-47xx, you are right in your criticism of F(x)tec not updating their website (again). However, there is little we here can do to change that.

What we can do is keep up a respectful way of writing to each other inspite of our common disappointment about what is happening. Please think about it.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, toast said:

There are so many things and pieces of information that they should update and share with us at this point, such as

Yes, there are. 

Then again, history is just repeating itself here. Fxtec's information habits were similar between announcement, development, and the several production and shipment phases of the original Pro1. While that doesn't help anyone and doesn't make anything better, it means any implications like they "ran out of funds" or "lost interest" are not warranted. Yes, it's the abominable way they've been doing communications right from the start – nothing less, but nothing more, either.  

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, toast said:

It may sound like a rant, but thats not what its intended to be, I am just trying to express exactly how important I think communications is for a business this small, aiming for this niche market, with a finite number of potential customers. They really should step up their game, if they want to stay in business..

I personally feel the same, but they might have their good reasons for prioritising using their limited resources elsewhere - we can only guess here.

• Like 2