Having problems contacting Fxtec support

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to follow up on this, before it becomes forgotten – my Pro1 is as good as new again, thanks to @EvilDragon! 

Aaaand done! Here is the replacement display: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/spare-parts-tools/lcds/fx-tec-pro1-replacement-lcd And here the service, in case we should do that for you (display inc

I can't believe it, another screen broken – I just tried to swipe a fly from the display, and what I did was swiping the phone from the table, because the EFFING SCREEN PROTECTOR I'm now using since m

I ordered a replacement FPC cable on April 7th, paid for it on April 8th, and over 3 months later I still don't have it.  On May 27th, they admitted they had no stock and it was delayed, but it was in transit and I should receive it in, at the most, a week and a half.

That was 2 1/2 months ago.  I contacted them again on June 27th, then again on July 9th.  Still nothing.  And I paid like $43 for a 5-inch flex cable.  Anyone know how I can light a fire under their asses?  I'm losing patience!!

• Sad 2
On 5/29/2021 at 1:30 AM, Rob. S. said:

Just to follow up on this, before it becomes forgotten – my Pro1 is as good as new again, thanks to @EvilDragon

I can't believe it, another screen broken – I just tried to swipe a fly from the display, and what I did was swiping the phone from the table, because the EFFING SCREEN PROTECTOR I'm now using since my last accident is sticky to the touch!

So it's back to @EvilDragon's repair service...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 6
On 7/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, Rob. S. said:

I can't believe it, another screen broken – I just tried to swipe a fly from the display, and what I did was swiping the phone from the table, because the EFFING SCREEN PROTECTOR I'm now using since my last accident is sticky to the touch!

So it's back to @EvilDragon's repair service...

Oh, dear... I had multiple broken screens myself until I modified a case... this worked so good that the screen never broke again, even though I regularly throw it on the ground.
I don't have a screen protector.

This is the case I use:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07BQQ8JCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You only need to cut out the credit card storage case that's inside the case (then it has the perfect size for the thickness of the phone) and cut a few holes in the silicone so you can access all ports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, EvilDragon said:

I had multiple broken screens myself until I modified a case... this worked so good that the screen never broke again, even though I regularly throw it on the ground.

Indeed, a flip case is the least bad available, and I have used similar too for over  two years. But it is not to everyone's liking. See this (long) thread for various options.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'm about to hex myself by posting this but, no case, no screen protector, no broken screen (though it was replaced by FxTec in January for Ghost Touches).  In use since December 2019.

For me, the true lifesaver is the textured Dbrand matte black skin on the back.  Best shatter protection is having enough grain on the back to prevent it from sliding easily either out of your hand or off a surface.  That, and not being in a blazing hurry when handling it.  😉

I do have 2 AlieExpress replacements waiting in the closet for the day when you all get to point your fingers and laugh.  😄

Edited by Hook
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I contacted them about a month ago. I still have no answer, but that could also be my fault, as last week my inbox was full. Now I'm very unsure about what to do. If they answered right during that time, then a follow-up mail asking them to resend theirs would be a good thing. If they didn't, then said mail would just send me back to the end of the queue, which in that case seems to be very long.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted on this thread on July 13th that I'd been waiting 2 1/2 months for the FPC flex cable.  The next day, on July 14th, I got this response:

"Apologies for the delays in getting back to you. This has been shipped to you a while back, but given your response we're assuming it hasn't arrived yet. We will be re-posting this with a tracked service this week, and it will arrive at your door most likely by the end of next week. We're posting it to the address below, and if there's any change to it, please reply."

The address was correct, yet it still has not arrived, over 5 weeks later.  Beginning with August 1st, I have sent 4 more emails requesting a tracking number, or just a response.  Nothing.  I don't know what to do to get these people to send the part I paid for back on April 8th, or just a simple response!  Has anyone else ever had a worse customer service experience?!?!  (Besides ToniCipriani.)  I really want this "company" to do well, but they're making it really difficult for me to not have personal hatred at this point.

• Sad 3
2 hours ago, adam.c.r.roman said:

I posted on this thread on July 13th that I'd been waiting 2 1/2 months for the FPC flex cable.  The next day, on July 14th, I got this response:

"Apologies for the delays in getting back to you. This has been shipped to you a while back, but given your response we're assuming it hasn't arrived yet. We will be re-posting this with a tracked service this week, and it will arrive at your door most likely by the end of next week. We're posting it to the address below, and if there's any change to it, please reply."

The address was correct, yet it still has not arrived, over 5 weeks later.  Beginning with August 1st, I have sent 4 more emails requesting a tracking number, or just a response.  Nothing.  I don't know what to do to get these people to send the part I paid for back on April 8th, or just a simple response!  Has anyone else ever had a worse customer service experience?!?!  (Besides ToniCipriani.)  I really want this "company" to do well, but they're making it really difficult for me to not have personal hatred at this point.

Unfortunately.. I am on the same boat. I had a broken touchscreen (not responsible in one wide row), so I sent it to repair back in May. It took 60 days to get the phone back. AND THEN!! I found out that camera is not focusing! Due to service disassembly and reassembly, it was not adjusted correctly.. So after two months without my phone, I sent it back again. This was on 21.July. FxTEC arranged their own pickup, but this was the last time I have heard about my phone. Since that absolute silence.. I sent an e-mail twice (took care that each message is sent from different address to avoid moving the first message to the end of mail row..). Nothing. So then I tried web form, I got a confirmation, but again, nothing happens. I am getting very very mad, because i am already three months without my phone. This is truly unbelievable. It is 25% of the year! or 1/4 !! The problem is, that It won´t come in upcoming days, so it might be that I will be without phone for 6 months.. Or 8? Or more?????? Anyone has some "secret" contact to them? Or a telephone number? Please PM me, I need to know the progress before i get really mad. Thanks in advance.

• Sad 2

I guess this is the time to mention @Erik so that he might get notice about @adam.c.r.roman's and @Swond's above cases?

With the regularity these cases come up even with the limited base of existing Pro1 devices, I fear it is now becoming enough bad publicity to deter potential customers for the upcoming Pro1X.

Regarding @ToniCipriani's case – I think we can be sure now that new display replacements will not come earlier than the new Pro1X itself, which (as of now) means not before October or November. Also, we don't know if there even will be black screen casings to buy for our existing Pro1 devices, or just the blue ones for the Pro1X. If I remember correctly, there was at least one case of someone who only got a blue display replacement (when they were still available) for his black Pro1. It definitely would be nice to get some semi-official statement about this, too. 

• Like 5
On 8/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, Rob. S. said:

I guess this is the time to mention @Erik so that he might get notice about @adam.c.r.roman's and @Swond's above cases?

With the regularity these cases come up even with the limited base of existing Pro1 devices, I fear it is now becoming enough bad publicity to deter potential customers for the upcoming Pro1X.

Regarding @ToniCipriani's case – I think we can be sure now that new display replacements will not come earlier than the new Pro1X itself, which (as of now) means not before October or November. Also, we don't know if there even will be black screen casings to buy for our existing Pro1 devices, or just the blue ones for the Pro1X. If I remember correctly, there was at least one case of someone who only got a blue display replacement (when they were still available) for his black Pro1. It definitely would be nice to get some semi-official statement about this, too. 

My only concern now is that if they are actually stalling it deliberately and weasel out of the claim, specifically the ghost touch problem I'm having. This response from @SCΛRECROW is bit concerning: Ghost touches and unresponsive area on lower screen - Page 11 - Support - F(x)tec Community (fxtec.com)

Sorry but I'm losing hope, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I contacted FxTec on the 21st of July. I got a response on the 13th of August, asking if I could re-connect the flat cable/ connector and take pictures from all corners (guess to prove It hadn't been dropped). Today it's August the 8th. Still no response. 
I have swapped the display with a (damaged) spare to no avail. They really need to take a look at the phone. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with either the flat cable or the connector on the mainboard and not the display. 

I wouldn't be surprised if my Pro1x gets delivered earlier than my Pro1 gets repaired and delivered 😒.

• Sad 3

I do not know if @EskeRahn made some push or @Erik read this thread, when @Rob. S. tagged him, but with some magic help after several weeks of silence Support team amazingly replied me that evening. Unfortunately just announcement, that they apology and I have to wait. So in conclusion:

1. first contact: 22.2.2021
  2.  pictures of corners and whole phone wanted, sent 23.2.2021
  3. then I needed the phone very much, so i somehow made it even with the ghost touchy display.. On 9.4.2021 the phone was sent on my own costs.
  4. several e-mails about when it will be, in total 6 outgoing messages, 7 incomming messages.
  5. phone sent back on 01.06.2021, but I am kinda sure it was only "paperwork". It was dropped to DPD parcel shop on 7.6.21
  6. I had to pay taxes again.. On my own. Package arrived on 11.06.21 So it took more than two months to get it repaired. BUT!!!! then I found out the display has black corners at lower side ant camera cannot focus any more.
  7. another contact of support team on 12.07.21
  8. this time they offered me their pickup. I was amazed, why it wasn´t possible at the beginning as well and I had to pay the postage. It wasn´t much, but this is not about money, this is about principles..
  9. several e-mails, determined pickup on 23.07.21, phone has been sent on their costs.
  10. something like 8 messages addressed to the team , trying various addresses on my side and also online form. No success until someone helped me thanks to this forum.
  11. several days, several e-mails, then I was informed that they have to escalate it, cause it take way too long even corona-delays long...  Good to know it!! Thanks for information!!!! I knew it since their first unsuccessful repair..
    I am very sad about that. I can understand a lot, I am sure they have it very difficult these times, but the phone was super expensive and I was waiting for it almost two years.... SO PLEASE COMMUNICATE!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!
  12. still without my phone, now it is again very near of two months.. Isn´t the warranty due 30 days? Should I send our lawyer team at this case? I was very phlegmatic and benevolent, but after four months without my phone I am becoming frustrated and way too angry.

Will let you know more later.

• Sad 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also on a similar boat.

Sent my Pro1 for repairs in early July, got this reply on the 12th of July "Thank you for confirming. We'll pick it up this week and it will be repaired and returned to you most likely by early next week."

... and nothing. It's now almost October. I've sent in several e-mails. And all I get is radio silence.

I'm beginning to think I'll never have my phone (or money) back. Help?

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, brunoais said:

I wonder what's wrong with @Erik. He hasn't posted since April, even though he has been online.

I also sent them an e-mail on the 6th of August and still didn't get an answer.

What's going on with them?!?! Is Zendesk broken? Are they in a mess?!?!

Things already used to seem bad enough when Erik was still responding and setting things in motion for people who had come here with their problems. It did already give the impression of support being virtually nonexistent, except for the few people who find this forum and then try to catch attention here.

I suppose even an Erik will be on holiday for some time. 

My own experience communicating with Fxtec has been something like fifty/fifty, with one thread in which I received sensible responses, although not quite the result I would have liked (which would have been the fulfilment of my September 2019 order), and another question to support regarding availability of screen replacements which never even got as much as an answer. 

And then we don't see how many people have had success in their dealings with support, they don't come here to report. It's only the failures we get to see here.

• Sad 2

> And then we don't see how many people have had success in their dealings with support, they don't come here to report. It's only the failures we get to see here.

Sure, but when we're getting to the point where I'm considering I may never see my device or my money again, and fxtec is plainly just not responding to old or new tickets, it's pretty scary. I just want a "sorry, we're missing some parts, we're on it" so that I know that there's life on the other side.

At this point, one needs to start considering that buying a Fxtec device is a bit like buying second hand. You get what you get, and you have to make do with it. Which is a big shame; it looks like us keyboard fans can't catch a break, there's always a huge deal breaker involved (and it's not just the price or the poor specs).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ivoanjo said:

> And then we don't see how many people have had success in their dealings with support, they don't come here to report. It's only the failures we get to see here.

Sure, but when we're getting to the point where I'm considering I may never see my device or my money again, and fxtec is plainly just not responding to old or new tickets, it's pretty scary. I just want a "sorry, we're missing some parts, we're on it" so that I know that there's life on the other side.

At this point, one needs to start considering that buying a Fxtec device is a bit like buying second hand. You get what you get, and you have to make do with it. Which is a big shame; it looks like us keyboard fans can't catch a break, there's always a huge deal breaker involved (and it's not just the price or the poor specs).

I surely agree.

That said, at least after Fxtec eventually decided to turn to Indiegogo again* for funding the Pro1X, a real danger of maybe never seeing either one's device or one's money again has always been the elephant in the room. 

Which still is no excuse for their bad (or complete lack of) communication, of course.

_____

* after the founders (as a company named Livermorium Ltd. back then) had been using Indiegogo already to fund the Moto Z Keyboard Mod, which failed to reach general availability due to no fault of their own, with everyone being offered a refund, and then they decided to set up a regular commerce for the Pro1 in order to provide more security for customers, by the way, but the economics of 2020 probably left no other option

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3