LineageOS 19.1 Official Release for Pro1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems that LineageOS 19.1 will be available soon for Pro1: https://www.lineageoslog.com/19.1/pro1   More information: https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/ (F(x)tec Pro1 mentione

Google pay working here with magisk v24.3 for some time already and works on LOS 19.1 too. -Zygisk mode on -Enforce denylist -Put com.google.android.gms and com.google.android.gms.unsta

While all our work is public, we don't necessarily post a neon sign saying, "Break ur phone here!" 😉 The Pro1-X work is moderately stable now and has been moved to the official LineageOS org on GitHub

Posted Images

On 4/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Kaali said:

Is battery life better or worse with the new lineage?

A little more on battery.
As said earlier generally as lenient as 18.1
There was an odd pull just around the April/May shift though (the timestamps in the images are CET w DST), The phone lay idle on the desk all day:
So I guess it was Google or some other bad guys monthly collecting stolen data?

LineageOS_Battery_Idle_19.png

Screenshot_20220502-170205_3C All-in-One Toolbox.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, agent008 said:

Great news! I'm reinstalling today because I replaced my screen (again) and need to go back to stock to make the touch digitiser to work.

Has anybody at this point tried Magisk and Google Pay?

Google pay working here with magisk v24.3 for some time already and works on LOS 19.1 too.

-Zygisk mode on

-Enforce denylist

-Put com.google.android.gms and com.google.android.gms.unstable to denylist under google play services. You might need to check show system apps from the denylist donfiguration settings

-You manually need to download and install MagiskHidePropsConfig and do the edit device fingerprint, probably no need to do this if you upgrade from v23 and have already done this.

-make sure play store says device certified, if not try clearing play store and play services cache and reboot.

Should work easy as that. If you already use v24 in LOS18.1 it should work all the same in 19.1 like mine did. Just remember to sideload magisk the same time with mindthegapps before first reboot into 19.1.

• Thanks 6

A wish:
When password is required (e.g. after a boot), it would be great if opening the keyboard also did what swipe up do, so we can start typing the password immediately.

Though this in theory is a general LineageOS request, the usage is currently very much limited to the Pro1, and perhaps a few others....

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Bad news, the charging bug is still there on 19.1 😞

(As always a restart fixes it - for a while. So not a huge issue, just a frequent nuisance, that you have to check that it is actually charging every time you plug it in)

2 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

Darn, that was my single wish for 19.

Does anyone know if this stuck-charging bug is seen on the Pro1 only? @Sean McCreary ? @npjohnson ?
I have never seen it on stock Android, but seen it on both Lineage and AICP. I'm not absolutely sure, but feel almost certain that it was not there in Lineage 16 (do not remember for 17) so it MIGHT be an issue deeper then Lineage-changes, that have occurred after Pie.

The charging bug is still here in LOS 19.1, according to @EskeRahn.
This acredite a hardware problem with the battery regulator, I know I can charge twice before reboot, the first and second time it drops in maximum 10-15 minutes, the third time I will have to reboot as it doesn't charge anymore.
This happens a few time and begins one year ago but it's worse now. On the other hand I used LOS16 without problem, but the battery was not so old.

But....Interesting fact, it's charging without problem to 100% when the phone is off.

edit : I'm pretty sure there was no charging bug in LOS17

Edited by raymo
clarify...and my bad english
  • Like 1

Interesting that practically I did not have such an issue under 18.1

I had a very bad USB port which has caused a lot of issues for me, including close to keep charging or even depleting during night, so I had to reach a state where it shows "charging" instead of "slow charging" and it worked or at least worked for a short while having to reconnect agan for further charge.

That was something like a contact issue for me.

My current USB panel is new and I don't have any charging issues...

19 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Interesting that practically I did not have such an issue under 18.1

I had a very bad USB port which has caused a lot of issues for me, including close to keep charging or even depleting during night, so I had to reach a state where it shows "charging" instead of "slow charging" and it worked or at least worked for a short while having to reconnect agan for further charge.

That was something like a contact issue for me.

My current USB panel is new and I don't have any charging issues...

How difficult was it to find a new USB port for your Pro1?

I successfully installed LineageOS19.1 20220502 with MindTheGapps 12.1.0 20220416, but I can't get past the welcome screen setup part. After it asks me for the PIN or lock pattern it takes me to the fingerprint setup. As soon as I finish the fingerprint setup it enters a loop, asking me again for the PIN or pattern and taking me through the fingerprint setup all over again.

Edited by agent008
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, raymo said:

This acredite a hardware problem with the battery regulator

This is HIGHLY unlikely that it should be hardware, as we have not seen the same reported on any devices with stock Android, but multiple with Lineage/AICP.

Note that there are TWO different bugs.

• One where it completely ignores it being connected to a charger - and that can easily be hardware.
  • One were the battery is neither charged nor discharged, but the device is power from the charger.

The second is a functionality that is GREAT to prevent over-charging a battery, the problem is that it kicks in way too soon, under seemingly random conditions.
I tried the described unplug and replug a few times and WAS able to reproduce it twice. Trying to narrow it down, I can no longer provoke it. So it might also be a matter of the charge level, so it only occur under a certain level? But thanks anyway, we really need a way to make it reproducable, for anyone to be able to track it down.

And interestingly when connected and in this mode, we shortly have a more substantial pull from the charger, falling to 'nothing'.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, agent008 said:

I successfully installed LineageOS19.1 20220502 with MindTheGapps 12.1.0 20220416, but I can't get past the welcome screen setup part. After it asks me for the PIN or lock pattern it takes me to the fingerprint setup. As soon as I finish the fingerprint setup it enters a loop, asking me again for the PIN or pattern and taking me through the fingerprint setup all over again.

Is this a clean install after stock, due to the display issue? If so did you follow the guide to the letter and wiped the user partition also? If an upgrade from 18.1 your data ought to be preserved, and the setup guide thus not launched. Practically everything was preserved for me. Despite being forced to also replace OpenApps 11 with MindTheGapps 12.

10 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Is this a clean install after stock? If so did you follow the guide to the letter and wiped the user partition also? If an upgrade from 18.1 your data ought to be preserved, and the setup guide thus not launched. Practically everything was preserved for me. Despite being forced to also replace OpenApps 11 with MindTheGapps 12.

Yes, it is. Actually my saga is longer and more convoluted. I had a cracked screen. Installed a new one like I did last year. Touch wouldn't work at all (like last time). Not only the edges but no touch is registered.

I then went back to stock to see if the touch issue would be fixed. No dice. Plugged in a keyboard and mouse and tried to set up the stock firmware because I read that an OTA update might for stock solve the touch issue -- read it here:

However, stock would show 'no updates'. But when configuring the device I realised that Google asked me to confirm on my other devices the new "Sony Xperia" I was setting up. So I realised I reflashed my phone with an altered device signature done with MagiskHideProps module (used to make banking apps work with AICP).

I unsuccessfully tried to install Magisk to stock. Then I had the idea of using Magisk with Lineage 19.1 to install MagiskHideProps and return the device signature to the original. That's where I got stuck. So I reflashed stock again.

Now I'm flashing AICP 16.1 which was what I had been using until yesterday, in order to see if I can get to Magisk and return the device signature to normal. Maybe then the "screen update" will be able to be downloaded.

Another option would be a fix "package" that someone had here (I think it was @EvilDragon ?) that I could run on stock.

Man, that's why I hate reflashing... why couldn't our replacement Elephone screens work out of the box? 🤕

Edited by agent008
  • Sad 2

An observation: it is interesting that the device fingerprint remained as "Sony Xperia" (I don't remember the model, XZ II maybe?) even after flashing stock. Also, I got the fingerprint bug, seems "persist.img" is not included in the "back to stock" package? EDIT: never mind, persist.img is also part of the package. Sorry.

Edited by agent008
2 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Man, that's why I hate reflashing... why couldn't our replacement Elephone screens work out of the box? 🤕

Indeed. Or at the least that there were a simpler option than an entire flash to stock, package by package to both to a and b, as the guide describes...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Indeed. Or at the least that there were a simpler option than an entire flash to stock, package by package to both to a and b, as the guide describes...

Eske, have you ever heard of the "58 megabyte" update that installs on top of stock that @divstar mentioned? My memory isn't very sure but I believe I also had to go through this to make the digitiser to work last year when I replaced the screen for the first time. I wonder if that update can be downloaded somewhere?

Edited by agent008
3 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Eske, have you ever heard of the "58 megabyte" update that installs on top of stock that @divstar mentioned? My memory isn't very sure but I believe I also had to go through this to make the digitiser to work last year when I replaced the screen for the first time.

Yes, I recall that someone made something like that (forgot it was divstar though), But if I remember right, those that tried it reported that it unfortunately did not work as expected.
Add:

2 hours ago, agent008 said:

How difficult was it to find a new USB port for your Pro1?

I would say very hard...
...I am still waiting for the promised replacement USB board and I had to disassemble my spare Pro1 to get a working board which was a Pro1 what arrived with cracked display frame and excessive rattling what prevented me to use that device for testing or developing....

So practically it was a step I had to make in order to continue using my Pro1 which otherwise worked and which is more than two years old now...

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Bad news, the charging bug is still there on 19.1 😞

Here stuck at 30% for 3h

I noticed this too today, iirc that bug was originally introduced in a update to LOS18.1 as it wasnt there in the beginning. Can't remember which one though.

6 hours ago, agent008 said:

However, stock would show 'no updates'. But when configuring the device I realised that Google asked me to confirm on my other devices the new "Sony Xperia" I was setting up. So I realised I reflashed my phone with an altered device signature done with MagiskHideProps module (used to make banking apps work with AICP).

I unsuccessfully tried to install Magisk to stock. Then I had the idea of using Magisk with Lineage 19.1 to install MagiskHideProps and return the device signature to the original. That's where I got stuck. So I reflashed stock again.

Now I'm flashing AICP 16.1 which was what I had been using until yesterday, in order to see if I can get to Magisk and return the device signature to normal. Maybe then the "screen update" will be able to be downloaded.

Another option would be a fix "package" that someone had here (I think it was @EvilDragon ?) that I could run on stock.

Interesting, did you use device fingerprint from another device? That is definitely not recommended as it can lead to all kind of problems. There is a working fingerprint from the stock firmware for the pro1 in the MagiskHidePropsConfig fingerprint list which is only one that one should use with pro1.

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Kaali said:

Interesting, did you use device fingerprint from another device? That is definitely not recommended as it can lead to all kind of problems. There is a working fingerprint from the stock firmware for the pro1 in the MagiskHidePropsConfig fingerprint list which is only one that one should use with pro1.

I did because back then (in early 2021) it was the only way that solved for me (then later on stopped working anyway). Now after I solve my screen I'll use the QX1000 fingerprint. thanks

anyone can help me how ti install magisk ? i have installed magiskapp 24.3, and then i have tried to install  magisk.zip in recovery...but i stuck on could not find meta-inf/com/google/android/update-binary

***SOLVED***

Edited by CornholioGSM
14 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

anyone can help me how ti install magisk ? i have installed magiskapp 24.3, and then i have tried to install  magisk.zip in recovery...but i stuck on could not find meta-inf/com/google/android/update-binary

***SOLVED***

It worked out of the box for me. Boot to Lineage or AICP recovery, choos apply update via ADB, then on the host PC: 'adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk'

Good to know it worked for you. One important comment is that if you are coming from a fresh ROM install, you should flash your ROM via sideload, then flash MindtheGapps or OpenGapps, then reboot to system. After you get to the Android screen, reboot to recovery again and then sideload Magisk.

I'm not sure if the reboot to full Android screen is needed, or just a reboot back to recovery is enough. So I always reboot to system first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1