Jump to content

Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Posted Images

On 1/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, Slion said:

I'm gonna try my luck with this one:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DFNXFGV

Thanks for the suggestion Slion.  I bought the same one.  Here is the Amazon U.S.A. listing that I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFP6P35

I used an Exacto knife to trim away the plastic rim that holds the phone.  Very easy and now I have access to the ports.  I have been using this case for a couple of days and I am very satisfied.

 

tmp_22647.jpg

tmp_22647.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Well I expect one part to fit, and one to be way to big.

BUT we might find this type for a SMALLER phone also, and use the bottom part for the P20 Pro and the top part from the smaller phone.

e.g the top from a Samsung Note 10, that is 151x71.8mm so I would expect the top part to add 1mm on all sides and thus 153x73.8...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well I expect one part to fit, and one to be way to big.

BUT we might find this type for a SMALLER phone also, and use the bottom part for the P20 Pro and the top part from the smaller phone.

e.g the top from a Samsung Note 10, that is 151x71.8mm so I would expect the top part to add 1mm on all sides and thus 153x73.8...

 

....Ordered a few different ones and hope the tops parts fits the display...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I don't want a clear case covering the screen.  However, I could see using a clear case as a basis for a bumper setup, where you cut out the case part that is over the display parts of the screen and leave the parts that hug the edges.  At least until a proper 3D printed one becomes available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david said:

Personally, I don't want a clear case covering the screen.  However, I could see using a clear case as a basis for a bumper setup, where you cut out the case part that is over the display parts of the screen and leave the parts that hug the edges.  At least until a proper 3D printed one becomes available.

Yes, this is what I'm most excited about. Being able to bore out the main swiss-cheese "lens" portion, to be left with only a "surround" of rubbery protection, helps open the device and reduces edge-of-touchscreen accidentals. In theory, anyway. It's lucky that the vol / pwr / etc. buttons are NOT on the top brick (screen), because cutting out the entire screen portion AND extra button holes might make it too weak to rely on. Top-brick: Cut main face, leave sides intact. Bottom-brick: Cut sides for ports, leave main face intact (or small adjustment for camera). Seems legit!

I don't mean to harp on but THANK YOU SO MUCH @EskeRahn & @sequestris for buying zillions of extra test cases so the rest of us don't have to. Those cheap cases can add up to a pretty hefty price over time... you guys are so awesome 🙂 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

AWWWWW.  The look of loave. She loaves you very much. What a sweetheart. I'm glad you have her. She is glad you have her. :)

Thanks. She is my dolly love <3
My life would be incomplete without her.
I'm sure you understand, although why you would get a mismatchy cat I don't know. Surely you remembered the other 2 were black.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sequestris said:

Thanks. She is my dolly love <3
My life would be incomplete without her.
I'm sure you understand, although why you would get a mismatchy cat I don't know. Surely you remembered the other 2 were black.

Because he loaved me. I couldn't just leave such sweet loave just because he didn't match the others in the set. He's a gentleman and a sweetheart. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

Because he loaved me. I couldn't just leave such sweet loave just because he didn't match the others in the set. He's a gentleman and a sweetheart. 🙂

Damn their sweet, loaving, hides. What are you gonna do?
Wait... there's one thing...
 

sweater.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms