Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

Posted Images

On 1/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, Slion said:

I'm gonna try my luck with this one:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DFNXFGV

Thanks for the suggestion Slion.  I bought the same one.  Here is the Amazon U.S.A. listing that I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFP6P35

I used an Exacto knife to trim away the plastic rim that holds the phone.  Very easy and now I have access to the ports.  I have been using this case for a couple of days and I am very satisfied.

tmp_22647.jpg

tmp_22647.jpg

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Well I expect one part to fit, and one to be way to big.

BUT we might find this type for a SMALLER phone also, and use the bottom part for the P20 Pro and the top part from the smaller phone.

e.g the top from a Samsung Note 10, that is 151x71.8mm so I would expect the top part to add 1mm on all sides and thus 153x73.8...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well I expect one part to fit, and one to be way to big.

BUT we might find this type for a SMALLER phone also, and use the bottom part for the P20 Pro and the top part from the smaller phone.

e.g the top from a Samsung Note 10, that is 151x71.8mm so I would expect the top part to add 1mm on all sides and thus 153x73.8...

....Ordered a few different ones and hope the tops parts fits the display...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I don't want a clear case covering the screen.  However, I could see using a clear case as a basis for a bumper setup, where you cut out the case part that is over the display parts of the screen and leave the parts that hug the edges.  At least until a proper 3D printed one becomes available.

1 hour ago, david said:

Personally, I don't want a clear case covering the screen.  However, I could see using a clear case as a basis for a bumper setup, where you cut out the case part that is over the display parts of the screen and leave the parts that hug the edges.  At least until a proper 3D printed one becomes available.

Yes, this is what I'm most excited about. Being able to bore out the main swiss-cheese "lens" portion, to be left with only a "surround" of rubbery protection, helps open the device and reduces edge-of-touchscreen accidentals. In theory, anyway. It's lucky that the vol / pwr / etc. buttons are NOT on the top brick (screen), because cutting out the entire screen portion AND extra button holes might make it too weak to rely on. Top-brick: Cut main face, leave sides intact. Bottom-brick: Cut sides for ports, leave main face intact (or small adjustment for camera). Seems legit!

I don't mean to harp on but THANK YOU SO MUCH @EskeRahn & @sequestris for buying zillions of extra test cases so the rest of us don't have to. Those cheap cases can add up to a pretty hefty price over time... you guys are so awesome 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

AWWWWW.  The look of loave. She loaves you very much. What a sweetheart. I'm glad you have her. She is glad you have her. :)

Thanks. She is my dolly love <3
My life would be incomplete without her.
I'm sure you understand, although why you would get a mismatchy cat I don't know. Surely you remembered the other 2 were black.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, sequestris said:

Thanks. She is my dolly love <3
My life would be incomplete without her.
I'm sure you understand, although why you would get a mismatchy cat I don't know. Surely you remembered the other 2 were black.

Because he loaved me. I couldn't just leave such sweet loave just because he didn't match the others in the set. He's a gentleman and a sweetheart. :)

1 minute ago, silversolver said:

Because he loaved me. I couldn't just leave such sweet loave just because he didn't match the others in the set. He's a gentleman and a sweetheart. 🙂

Damn their sweet, loaving, hides. What are you gonna do?
Wait... there's one thing...

sweater.jpg

• Haha 2
  • phoebus2000 changed the title to Will Pro1 3D printer files for a case work with Pro1X?