This wouldn’t be what you want anyway:

This process is called annealing, and it will effectively undo the tempering process, weakening the glass to the point that you can cut it.

The point is that what is SOLD as tempered glass protectors (most often?) really are laminated glass protectors, so it already is simple annealed glass on a sheet of plastic, and hence (at least in theory) simpler to cut, as Netman described above.

BUT maybe one would need to cut at BOTH sides, as it is two sheets of glass with a film in between. But anyway not simple....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, I hope you're well, I'm the founder of MediaDevil. I noticed we were getting some traffic from this forum so I followed the trail and voila. We're based in London (South Wimbled

Just for information, I was in email contact with the guys at MediaDevil.com.  They said they were interested in developing cases and screen protectors for the Pro1. In our last email they said;

i have purchased pre-curved PET screen protector 🙂 It is for elephone from ali

Posted Images

I ordered similar ones, still waiting for them to arrive. The upside of these protectors is, that they cover the curved edges and the application is not too hard, but the big downside is that they are rather soft, I don't think they protect the screen from an impact. And unfortunatley, the adhesive on the edges tends to become loose, allowing dirt to get between the protection cover and the screen's glass after a while of use..

• 1 month later...
If you order from aliexpress today, you can consider it a race between the protector and phone to see which gets to you first!

I just received mine, estimated 30 days when I ordered, took 3 weeks (to California).

The race is on! I just ordered 5 of them like @EskeRahn. It said there are 2 per pack, but I don't know if that is a front one and one for the back of the phone, or 2 screen side protectors. Since it was cheap, I still ordered 5 and that might be 10. $12.36 total.

Now to get serious about a belt holster pouch. I guess I'll create a topic just for that.

If you order from aliexpress today, you can consider it a race between the protector and phone to see which gets to you first!

I just received mine, estimated 30 days when I ordered, took 3 weeks (to California).

The race is on! I just ordered 5 of them like @eskerahn. It said there are 2 per pack, but I don’t know if that is a front one and one for the back of the phone, or 2 screen side protectors. Since it was cheap, I still ordered 5 and that might be 10. $12.36 total.

Now to get serious about a belt holster pouch. I guess I’ll create a topic just for that.

I got 5x2 :)

Don't screen protectors usually have cutouts where the sensors/front camera are on a phone? Are people in this thread assuming sensors will be in the same spot as the other phone with the same screen they are ordering protectors for or just don't care about that minor detail?

Don’t screen protectors usually have cutouts where the sensors/front camera are on a phone? Are people in this thread assuming sensors will be in the same spot as the other phone with the same screen they are ordering protectors for or just don’t care about that minor detail?

It is not just the display foil that is identical, it is the whole display assembly with digitizer, glass surface (and holes). BF060Y8M-AJ0-7702

You can see the fit in the link to another thread a few comments above https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/bundled-screen-protector/page/2/#post-33213

Here a link to one of the places you can get the BF060Y8M-AJ0-7702

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32952316407.html

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting, and definitely not expensive. I would have preferred tempered glass though.

Just ordered 5, and hope they fit… :)

ADD: Seems that the same can be found a bit cheaper here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851277108.html

(silly me….)

Arghhh! Here three month later close to needing them, I can not find the remaining nine.... So just ordered five pairs more. *DOH*

So if i understands it right, noone have found a real glass screen protector ? Only plastic foil ?

Not quite. You can easily find FLAT glass protectors, the problem is that they are not curved.

It WOULD be possible to make them as the display (similar to e.g. to BB Priv) only curve in one direction, and NOT at the ends.

Here you can see the difference, from this early review https://eskerahn.dk/?p=3286

https://eskerahn.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/DSC08522_Crop.jpg

https://eskerahn.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Pro1_USB_Off_Centre.jpg

The first is glass - the second is not

I think, I'll go with a glass protector this time. It won't cover the edges, but I tried a three-pack of soft protectors on my Priv when I had it brand new and none of them stuck to the screen for more than three months. They didn't even peel off but rather managed to slowly slide off the top of the phone. Have been using the Priv naked ever since. If the glass protector won't stick to the Pro1 either, this will go naked as well.

The race is on! I just ordered 5 of them like @eskerahn. It said there are 2 per pack, but I don’t know if that is a front one and one for the back of the phone, or 2 screen side protectors. Since it was cheap, I still ordered 5 and that might be 10. $12.36 total.

Now to get serious about a belt holster pouch. I guess I’ll create a topic just for that.

I received my screen protectors on September 24th. I ordered on August 28th. :-) I received my holster the same day, and it was ordered 4 days prior, US to US. Now I just need a phone. :-/

Does anyone here uses a pouch for his phone? Looking for one, but most of them are equipped with a magnetic strip, which is not convenient in my eyes.. Need a Velcro version - when it falls, velcro holds the phone inside. Magnet just get opened. Did somebody ordered a pouch like this?

Does anyone here uses a pouch for his phone? Looking for one, but most of them are equipped with a magnetic strip, which is not convenient in my eyes.. Need a Velcro version – when it falls, velcro holds the phone inside. Magnet just get opened. Did somebody ordered a pouch like this?

Cases and pouches are being discussed in this thread: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/leather-bookcase/

Might want to post there.

Does anyone here uses a pouch for his phone? Looking for one, but most of them are equipped with a magnetic strip, which is not convenient in my eyes.. Need a Velcro version – when it falls, velcro holds the phone inside. Magnet just get opened. Did somebody ordered a pouch like this?

Cases and pouches are being discussed in this thread: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/leather-bookcase/

Might want to post there.

That thread was more about cases. I created a separate thread for holster pouches: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/belt-holster-pouch/ I did post a link to one holster that has a velcro flap. I have a velcro flap on my current holster (for my Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G), but after a while those stop holding anyway, so a magnet might provide you with more security if the holster falls. However, I'm not sure how the holster would fall that easily when it is attached to a belt.

If @Swond is talking about a non-holster pouch, that's a different animal, of course.

I always keep my JollaC in a leather pouch from fitbag.de but it doesn't have any flap or closure as I think the OP wanted, it's just a thin snug fitting leather pouch with a suede type lining that keeps the screen clean, and prevents the pouch from slipping off. It's done a really good job protecting my JollaC since it was released.

I've already taken a leap and had them make one for the Pro1. All I need now is a phone to put into it :-)

I always keep my JollaC in a leather pouch from fitbag.de but it doesn’t have any flap or closure as I think the OP wanted, it’s just a thin snug fitting leather pouch with a suede type lining that keeps the screen clean, and prevents the pouch from slipping off. It’s done a really good job protecting my JollaC since it was released.

I’ve already taken a leap and had them make one for the Pro1. All I need now is a phone to put into it :-)

I've had a look at their website and the case does have potential. However there is no mechanism for removing the phone from the case and that Fitbag label is just awful. Something like the Blackberry Priv case would be ideal (maybe if the sides came up higher).

[attachment file=Blackberry Priv Leather Pocket Case.png]