I'm rooting for you, fxtec!

I love so much of what the Pro1 will be. It's really depressing to see all the nay-sayers that seem unhappy.

*So* many people want the horizontal slider form factor.

I know from my experience, there are quite a few people who are excited about this concept, but are going to "wait and see" the actual device before making a decision to buy, or are just going to wait until they need a phone. But it's *this* form factor that they are excited about.

• Like 1

This is a fragment of another post I made in the Pro 2 speculation thread, but I think this statement belongs here as well:

"Although my personal reason for wishing F(x) Tec success is to get myself a keyboard slider with modern specs, my greater overall reason for wanting F(x) Tec to succeed is to show the industry there are rewards for [offering more choices in phones]."

We are indeed rooting for you folks, F(x) Tec. Thank you for all you have struggled through to make this happen and for not settling for good enough. May it result in many people in the tech industry scratching their heads and saying, with a smile, "Oh, wow, you really can do that."

• 1 month later...

add me to the club, screw the crybabies, go do my phone Fx and don't sweat the small stuff, invest in tech before PR, invest in PR when you can afford, good luck, and let's hope I would not need to eat my words 🙂

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, dantegi said:

Speaking of rooting; who plans on rooting the stock android preinstalled or installing rooted LineageOS?

My current plan is root the stock android and make it nice, but I'll be watching lineage and maybe changing my mind :).

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I think I will wait a while, to have them make the first updates fixing the major of what ever bugs will occur when it is it used in the wild.

Maybe experimenting with various images on the pre-production unit.

The thought here is that you won't get OTA updates once rooted?  Have we heard if they will be making the files directly available for downloading, so that we can flash them ourselves (which would require re-rooting)?

52 minutes ago, david said:

The thought here is that you won't get OTA updates once rooted?  Have we heard if they will be making the files directly available for downloading, so that we can flash them ourselves (which would require re-rooting)?

More that I would like to see what they can achieve, before I start tampering myself.

4 hours ago, GameboyRMH said:

I'll root the stock OS, probably won't switch to LineageOS as long as a rootable stock OS is a workable option.

Same here.  Hoping for TWRP support too (or hoping their default recovery mode has a nandroid backup option).

• Like 1
9 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Does LineageOS work? 

I was looking into what ubuntu touch needs and that was a requirement and an open source kernel.

Found the kernel https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtecpro1/kernel-fxtec-pro1 just need the lineage os 😄

(Got that info from here http://docs.halium.org/en/latest/porting/first-steps.html)

LOS is already under developement. The initial plan was a release as soon as the Pro1 is available.

I'll try stock unrooted with TWRP first, which is enough to change system files (adblock hosts, restore Appdata..). 

And on Topic: Keep it up, F(x)Tec!

• Like 1