Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Foil lined potato chip bag maybe?  It kinda worked for Sarah Conner... or maybe in the microwave....

Tried microwave oven, did not work.

Then tried a metal biscuit container, did not work!

Then tried a somewhat heavy cast iron pot with a cast iron lid. THAT killed all signals 💀😁

• Haha 2
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Tried microwave oven, did not work.

Then tried a metal biscuit container, did not work!

Then tried a somewhat heavy cast iron pot with a cast iron lid. THAT killed all signals 💀😁

a biscuit tin or something the likes should work fine unless it has big holes, but you might have to ground it

28 minutes ago, netman said:

a biscuit tin or something the likes should work fine unless it has big holes, but you might have to ground it

Yup, and I did not. I would have expected the fine mesh of a microwave oven to be enough too, but it clearly is not. I could see the screen through the mesh, and no signal loss.

Just now, EskeRahn said:

Yup, and I did not. I would have expected the fine mesh of a microwave oven to be enough too, but it clearly is not. I could see the screen through the mesh, and no signal loss.

Is the microwave grounded properly? It should be enough but if it's just left floating it will not stop anything. One thing you could try is plug a usb cable into the pro1 and have the shield part of the connector on the other end touch the tin or whatever metal container is used.

Having to use my phone as a hot spot a lot at the moment and I have noticed 1 wi-fi is poor generally (already mentioned elsewhere) but also it does need a reboot after a while something seems to crash and enabling disabling wifi + hotspot doesn't make it work again.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Adrienspawn said:

Can we pin the data sheet of bugs to the OP? I can't seem to locate it anymore.

Is the microphone's noise-cancelling fluctuation on there?

Here it is for now.  I have it bookmarked in my browser...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15uE12Yv5nMvIF42U33cY5FQoF6M66QIn00cC876uf7Y/edit#gid=0

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Uncledingo said:

Yesterday my phone stopped sending text messages. I can still receive them but they will not go out. Tried restarting phone no luck. It says “waiting for connection”. I have full 4g service and everything else on the phone works fine. Any suggestions?

You on Verizon by any chance?

5 minutes ago, Uncledingo said:

I sure am

Thought so.  You might want to look through this thread.

What you will see is that this has happened to several of us on Verizon, myself included (in my case it happened early on, cleared up, and then came back). No one can figure exactly why, so far, but it is most likely not the phone but it's tenuous and unofficial use of Verizon's network.  I finally gave up and went to AT&T. 

Again, I doubt this is an actual bug with the phone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 11:44 PM, Adrienspawn said:

Getting restart loops.

Happened a day or two ago, lasted a few hours and was about to wipe/flash but it stopped.

Happening again today. 😕

Did factory reset and that helped for a day or two but now again woke up to the phone caught in a boot loop. 

Gets about 3 seconds of functional time after booting and then freezes and restarts.

EDIT: 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:44AM, Toby Lerone said:

Sorry to hark back so far, but I had this last night.

My pro1 always crashes when I go home. I had both the 2.4G andf 5G wifi hotspots saved, and I guess it saw the 2.4 one first. I removed the 5G one from my saved networks, the phone crashed and then was stuck in an infinate reboot loop until I managed to turn off wifi just after it booted.

Removing the 2.4G one and re-adding the 5G one - it hasn't crashed since I've done that.

OK so disabling wifi in that 3 second window managed to keep it from rebooting immediately. Phew. I was also on 2.4ghz band.

However I still don't understand why it would spontaneously turn off and reboot for no reason after running fine for hours and especially when inactive at night.

Edited by Adrienspawn
related to wifi issue
  • Sad 1

Ora GrapheneQC headset won't play sound when connected via AptX HD.
I am able to use this headset with another Android device running 5.x in combination with AptX HD.

On the other hand I am able to successfully enjoy AptX HD from my Pro1 in combination with CSR8675 chipset (https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0QHcu).

Whatever the case, I'm not the first to complain about AptX HD issues...

Edited by DieBruine
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 5:48 AM, Adrienspawn said:

Can we pin the data sheet of bugs to the OP? I can't seem to locate it anymore.

Is the microphone's noise-cancelling fluctuation on there?

I don't see the noise cancelling/mic gain fluctuation issue in the spreadsheet.  Audio recording has really been my only gripe about an otherwise excellent experience.

• Thanks 1

So I can't search this thread... what's the official word on typing slashes/question marks/curly braces? I was looking to use this for some coding work but without a lot of the symbols this isn't gonna work.

Also what's the way to get the launcher shortcuts working?

25 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

So I can't search this thread... what's the official word on typing slashes/question marks/curly braces? I was looking to use this for some coding work but without a lot of the symbols this isn't gonna work.

Take a look at Finqwerty which installs different kind of keymaps, so not this program does the magic, but it registers the required files to the OS.
It really worth a try.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, VaZso said:

Take a look at Finqwerty which installs different kind of keymaps, so not this program does the magic, but it registers the required files to the OS.
It really worth a try.

I just end up reverting to completely stock on the settings. Didn't know you were supposed to ignore that persistent "set up your physical keyboard" notification.

Unrelated note, looks like I'm off to a bad start with this phone. This morning it was sitting at the boot screen to enter my PIN for decryption, i.e. it self rebooted. I'll see if it happens again if I can catch a debug report. It's a hard reboot as well, not like my Priv which only does a launcher reboot.

• Thanks 1
  • Erik unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, ToniCipriani said:

Unrelated note, looks like I'm off to a bad start with this phone. This morning it was sitting at the boot screen to enter my PIN for decryption, i.e. it self rebooted. I'll see if it happens again if I can catch a debug report. It's a hard reboot as well, not like my Priv which only does a launcher reboot.

There was a bug that if we were too slow in entering password/pin it rebooted. But that ought to be remedied in firmware quite a while back. So a little surprised you see it.

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

There was a bug that if we were too slow in entering password/pin it rebooted. But that ought to be remedied in firmware quite a while back. So a little surprised you see it.

Any further background to this bug? I wasn't using the phone at all, a.k.a. I was sleeping.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

Any further background to this bug? I wasn't using the phone at all, a.k.a. I was sleeping.

It was only after a reboot/power up I have seen it. So unless the device have rebooted during the night, it sounds like a different bug.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

It was only after a reboot/power up I have seen it. So unless the device have rebooted during the night, it sounds like a different bug.

OK thanks, I'll just keep an eye on it for now. Reliability is kinda important and if the phone reboots and locks itself  like this I may have to go with another phone, since my job requires me to be on-call.

• Thanks 1