Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

Or this is still on FXtec to fix? 

As far as I know, it has been already resolved in LineageOS and maybe the actual (unreleased) version of stock firmware has related bugfix.
So yes, it is up to F(x)tec (their partner) but they will definitively solve it sooner or later as the cause should has been already known.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DieBruine said:

I forgot to mention that after my reset a couple of months back, my fingerprints are gone after a reboot. After every reboot I have to re-register my fingerprints.
Anyone any ideas how to resolve this without another hard-reset?

tdm has the answer:

On 3/5/2020 at 6:06 AM, tdm said:

You most likely have a full fingerprint set in /persist. Delete everything under /persist/data/fingerprint and reboot. That should fix it.

I had this once and that did the trick.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, DieBruine said:

I forgot to mention that after my reset a couple of months back, my fingerprints are gone after a reboot. After every reboot I have to re-register my fingerprints.
Anyone any ideas how to resolve this without another hard-reset?

I have the same problem with my Pro1.
Usually my fingerprints are lost during reboot - but sometimes it survives reboot...

44 minutes ago, Jordi said:

I had this once and that did the trick.

Unfortunately, I don't have permission to reach this directory without root.

(That is one reason I hate Android and its scheme of you device is not yours. I HATE IT!)

• Confused 1
36 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

Want to add on about the "launching camera with camera button" bug, not only the Snapdragon Camera doesn't show the preview, it just flat out doesn't work. If you tap any of the menus (e.g. 3 dot for selecting camera mode), it just quits to the home screen.

The snapdragon camera does show thumbnails, but only if you have logged in, not if invoked when the phone is locked.  With the phone locked, all you can do is shoot a pic.  I suspect they did it as a security measure and, yes, it is annoying, but that is how it's supposed to work.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hook said:

The snapdragon camera does show thumbnails, but only if you have logged in, not if invoked when the phone is locked.  With the phone locked, all you can do is shoot a pic.  I suspect they did it as a security measure and, yes, it is annoying, but that is how it's supposed to work.

It doesn't if you open it using the camera button, locked or unlocked. Clearly stated on the spreadsheet the only workaround is to open it from the launcher.

Edited by ToniCipriani
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, DynaSmart said:

After replacing the cracked screen, the displa's touch function is not working at all (even after repeated re-booting).

Is there a solution to this bug?

Did you or Fxtec do the repair?

If you did the repair, was it Fxtec's replacement kit or the naked display from another, probably Chinese source?

Anyway, I fear that sounds like either the replacement screen is somehow defective, or maybe something went wrong during the replacement, like a connector not properly connected or maybe even a wire damaged... 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, DynaSmart said:

After replacing the cracked screen, the displa's touch function is not working at all (even after repeated re-booting).

Is there a solution to this bug?

In case you replaced yourself: most spare parts now seem to require a firmware update for the touch function to work correctly.

See this thread and the possible solutions discussed therein.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, claude0001 said:

In case you replaced yourself: most spare parts now seem to require a firmware update for the touch function to work correctly.

See this thread and the possible solutions discussed therein.

If I don not remember wrong, the issue there is the margins, not that it does not react at all. So I think @Rob. S. is on the right track with something not connected, either the connector or a cable issue,

12 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

If I don not remember wrong, the issue there is the margins, not that it does not react at all

You are right. But @Dyna Smart do not provide much details in their report: Replaced themselves or by FxTec? Source of the replacement screen? Installed OS?

My experience is that, in lack of more information, you never know what people understand by "not working at all", especially when they are at a certain level of frustration.

Hell: I myself have sometimes said my Pro1's camera was "not f**ing working at all!", although this is objectively far from true ... 😉

Edited by claude0001
  • Haha 2
  • 9 months later...

Hello. It's like threads gravedigging, but just a week ago I finally brought my pro1 to life by replacing a broken display with Ulephone U one bought on ali (and it didn't require any "firmware update for the touch function to work correctly").

But the point is that just a few moments ago I think I managed to solve problems with too loud handset sound volume and distortion. I replaced "/system/vendor/etc/mixer_paths_tavil.xml" with a file from latest Google Pixel 2 LineageOS (it shares the same MSM8998 CPU). I didn't have much time to test it thoroughly, but sound seems to be much better.

If someone's interested, I attach a Magisk module with this tweak.

fxtec_pro1_sound_volume (pixel 2).zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...