Waxberry

Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Foil lined potato chip bag maybe?  It kinda worked for Sarah Conner... or maybe in the microwave....

Tried microwave oven, did not work.

Then tried a metal biscuit container, did not work!

Then tried a somewhat heavy cast iron pot with a cast iron lid. THAT killed all signals 💀😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Tried microwave oven, did not work.

Then tried a metal biscuit container, did not work!

Then tried a somewhat heavy cast iron pot with a cast iron lid. THAT killed all signals 💀😁

a biscuit tin or something the likes should work fine unless it has big holes, but you might have to ground it

28 minutes ago, netman said:

a biscuit tin or something the likes should work fine unless it has big holes, but you might have to ground it

Yup, and I did not. I would have expected the fine mesh of a microwave oven to be enough too, but it clearly is not. I could see the screen through the mesh, and no signal loss.

Just now, EskeRahn said:

Yup, and I did not. I would have expected the fine mesh of a microwave oven to be enough too, but it clearly is not. I could see the screen through the mesh, and no signal loss.

Is the microwave grounded properly? It should be enough but if it's just left floating it will not stop anything. One thing you could try is plug a usb cable into the pro1 and have the shield part of the connector on the other end touch the tin or whatever metal container is used.

Having to use my phone as a hot spot a lot at the moment and I have noticed 1 wi-fi is poor generally (already mentioned elsewhere) but also it does need a reboot after a while something seems to crash and enabling disabling wifi + hotspot doesn't make it work again.

• Thanks 1