Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

On 12/5/2019 at 2:47 PM, Waxberry said:

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if you are happy with offline test OTA. Thanks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Waxberry said:

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if you are happy with offline test OTA. Thanks.

I'm happy to help you any way I can, I just, uh, need a device first!! 😀😀😀

On a serious note... Thanks for addressing these issues so quickly, the fast turn around and high level of support is much appreciated!

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 5

Installed the OTA update today, curious to see if the issues are gone 🙂

I also have encountered some network issues, but I'm not sure if it the phone's fault or something else. But looks like the device drops the network occasionally, and asks for pin code when you wake it up. And often this happens for few times in a row, like every time you unlock the device it has dropped the network. Anybody else having these? Could be as well my operator's fault instead, but cannot say for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've encountered problems with fingerprint security. I cannot add or delete fingerprints.

The phone shows that I've added/deleted them, but when it comes to using it, it doesn't recognise new fingerprints, and still recognises "deleted" fingerprints.

Upon restarting phone, it shows 2/3 fingerprints I have registered, but I can still use 3rd fingerprint to unlock. And a 4th fingerprint I tried to register doesn't work.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, auvo.salmi said:

Installed the OTA update today, curious to see if the issues are gone 🙂

I also have encountered some network issues, but I'm not sure if it the phone's fault or something else. But looks like the device drops the network occasionally, and asks for pin code when you wake it up. And often this happens for few times in a row, like every time you unlock the device it has dropped the network. Anybody else having these? Could be as well my operator's fault instead, but cannot say for sure.

Never seen that. Even if it lost the network completely, it should not ask for the pin again.

To me it sounds more like an issue related to the SIM. That is as if the phone 'thinks' the SIM have been removed and reinserted. Maybe dirt on the SIM - or worst case a bad SIM-connector, I would try to swap the SIM with say a friend, to see if the problem follows the phone or the SIM.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PARKOURanger said:

I've encountered problems with fingerprint security. I cannot add or delete fingerprints.

The phone shows that I've added/deleted them, but when it comes to using it, it doesn't recognise new fingerprints, and still recognises "deleted" fingerprints.

Upon restarting phone, it shows 2/3 fingerprints I have registered, but I can still use 3rd fingerprint to unlock. And a 4th fingerprint I tried to register doesn't work.

Do you really want to tempt people to steal your finger if they steal your phone????

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, netman said:

why would they want the finger if they steal a nice collection of fingerprints along with the device?

To make it easier to unlock it. Maybe tree loppers are going to start becoming standard equipment for phone thieves.....

I'm being silly, but I still see biometric ID as very risky and not advantageous. (Is it really THAT difficult or time-consuming to type in a PIN?)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, silversolver said:

To make it easier to unlock it. Maybe tree loppers are going to start becoming standard equipment for phone thieves.....

I'm being silly, but I still see biometric ID as very risky and not advantageous. (Is it really THAT difficult or time-consuming to type in a PIN?)

And just so I don't get accused of this, I'm not saying that it's acceptable for an advertised feature to not work correctly, only that it's a feature I recommend disabling.

EDIT: While I'm at it, I'll also say I'm sure this is all software, and a future update will correct it.

Edited by silversolver
comment
5 hours ago, netman said:

I'm in the pattern unlock camp, nice and fast :).

Well it is quite useful if you use a password manager (and you should). Typing in your 20+ master pw could be time consuming.
However I plan to try it without the fingerprint reader now that I get a keyboard.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, cerialphreak said:

If you have a chance could you switch the Bluetooth profile to AAC in developer options and try connecting to the Sonys again? The specs on Sonys website say they support that codec and I'm curious to see if the issue is limited to aptx.

Tried that, also with LDAC and other AptX variations, it's either falls back to SBC or got no sound at all.

But I still haven't seen confirmation that someone else got same behavior, so it might be limited only to my case.

I'll report a new issue.  There is an odd crackling sound that I have observed in some games.  Not all games and not all audio sources do this.  It is most noticeable when volume turned up all loud and the game has a sound then silence.  I used 'audio recorder' from f-droid to record the attached sample with P¹ during the game 'solitaire express' from playstore.  I have had others verify this happens on their device too in various games, so it's not a faulty unit, some dsp problem.

Note in the problem isn't audible until about 12 seconds then every ten seconds, the sound at the beginning was me putting the phone down after I started recording.

Edited by Craig
  • Sad 1

Ran into the non-responding keyboard. Restart solved it.  I'm only bringing it up to point out that, having been spending a week putting the Pro 1 through it's paces and hitting this only once makes it a *very* infrequent issue, which means it's going to be damn hard to figure out.

Have I mentioned what an amazing, premium phone this is.  Nothing wrong with an 835 SOC, that's for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Zvonimir said:

Keyboard issue: keyboard works only until I use the screen key board for the first time (e.g. in application). After that, physical keyboard is dead - until the reboot. Super annoyed...

It is VERY interesting if you can make this annoying bug reproducable, as most see it rarely, I have not seen it since spring on a preproduction unit.

So please try to describe the steps needed, and if it is related to specific apps or the like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

It is VERY interesting if you can make this annoying bug reproducable, as most see it rarely, I have not seen it since spring on a preproduction unit.

So please try to describe the steps needed, and if it is related to specific apps or the like.

Also let us know when the keyboard stops working like so, does the caps key still turn the caps led on/off?

• Like 2

OK, I will try to remember the best as I can. As I recall, at one point using keyboard in Microsoft Outlook (my key reason for physical keyboard is that I do a lot of email), I did not get any suggestions for auto-completion or spelling - so I activate virtual keyboard. It was too big, and I turned it off. After this, the annoying keyboard problem started happening. It seems to me that it gets triggered with other keyboard settings, and if I use on-screen keyboard in another application.

To answer your questions specifically:

1) When keyboard is not working, the Logo-key does work! 

2) I never heard of CAPS turing the light on/off. This DOES NOT work for me at all?

Let me know if there is a procedure to "reset" this setting, I would be happy to try it. I would be happy to try anythihng...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Zvonimir said:

2) I never heard of CAPS turing the light on/off. This DOES NOT work for me at all?

Thanks for the info :). The caps LED i mean is the little green dot on the caps lock key itself, it should light up when caps lock is on.

• Thanks 1