Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

7 hours ago, VaZso said:

Somehow it formats the SD card using FAT32 filesystem which means there is a limit of 4 GB in file size although the SD card has "512 GB" of capacity.
It would be good to use at least exFAT which does not have this limitation.

Maybe it isn't compiled in the kernel or there is a (vendor) setting somewhere.

Also, f2fs support would be good because it was made specifically to this type of hardware in order to have a longer life...

Uh that sounds bad... Is it formatting 'only', or not accepting larger formatted cards?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Uh that sounds bad... Is it formatting 'only', or not accepting larger formatted cards?

Well the 4Gb per file limitation (again, per file, not per disk -so to speak) is in the FAT32 file system.  So regardless of whether it was formatted by the Pro1 or in other hardware, as long as it was formatted as FAT32 the limitation will exist.  Thus, I think the real question is will the Pro1 read exFAT, NTFS, etc. formats?

Personally, I rarely deal with files greater than 4Gb, let alone on a phone, so this doesn't pose a problem.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

As @Polaris also wrote it supports larger formatted cards but the filesystem has file size limitation.

I have tried to format the card also using exFAT and it wanted to re-format it.
Anyway, my Motorola G6 formatted the card as exFAT by default (128 GB).
I am not sure if the system also tries to re-format FAT32 cards which was not formatted by Android (I have a bad feeling but I am unsure as not tested it)
Maybe I will try it when my pre-order arrives... or maybe using an external reader through USB.

49 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Personally, I rarely deal with files greater than 4Gb, let alone on a phone, so this doesn't pose a problem.

One possible reason may be a longer video (in 4K, it may not be very long though) and another one is a chrooted system in a file but the latter needs rooting I think.

4 hours ago, VaZso said:

One possible reason may be a longer video (in 4K, it may not be very long though) and another one is a chrooted system in a file but the latter needs rooting I think.

Oh, I'm with you, I know those large files are out there!  ...I just don't deal with them on my phone.  Heck. I'm on a Droid 4 as a daily driver and, most often, function just fine with the internal 16Gb!  Takes some practice, and I wish there was more, but I make it work. 😁

On 1/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, Zvonimir said:

@waxberry i am happy to test it. Trouble is that reflash would certainly also help the keyboard problem. But that is OK.

Can you create a top thread for this issue only, and include both instructions for the fix download/install AND what fix entails?

thanks,

zvonimir

hi zvonimir,

chen is again on the way to the factory in China. If you would like to update the fw, then I could help you.

If..please send me a DM 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Two potential issues (nontechnical noob here so I could be wrong):

1) I'm used to the screen turning off when I put the phone (I mean past phones) to my ear.  This one does not and twice now I have hit speaker with my ear and almost blown my ear drums out.  Anyone else having this issue?

2) I was told that my phone was static-y and that my voice dropped in/out by a couple people.  I'm on TMobile pre-paid.  I saw something about "get with Tmobile to get added to their network for Wifi calling" but is it possible that the phone is trying to do wifi calling but my wifi is not consistent enough?  My blackberry did not like wifi calling either.  I would have to disconnect from wifi every time I wanted to make a call inside the house.  It was a pain.  For that matter, I looked thru the settings menus to figure out how to turn off wifi calling but couldn't find it.  Could some please advise?  

Many thanks.

Posting in here instead of the sticky because I think this is more of a design issue.

Icons for Wi-Fi and mobile network show arrows for data transfer activity next to them but when there's no arrow to be shown icons to the left shift position. This gets quite annoying, as typical implementation of status icons on other phones have the arrows underneath the Wi-Fi/4G/3G icon or do away with them completely. I took a look inside the SystemUI APK and noticed there were icons with the up/down arrows beneath them but it seems that they aren't being used.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, jcz95 said:

Posting in here instead of the sticky because I think this is more of a design issue.

Icons for Wi-Fi and mobile network show arrows for data transfer activity next to them but when there's no arrow to be shown icons to the left shift position. This gets quite annoying, as typical implementation of status icons on other phones have the arrows underneath the Wi-Fi/4G/3G icon or do away with them completely. I took a look inside the SystemUI APK and noticed there were icons with the up/down arrows beneath them but it seems that they aren't being used.

I'm not sure, but I would expect that these are things they have not tampered with, but just left like stock android.

Do we have anyone with with Pie on an Android ONE or Google phone that can check this?

16 hours ago, EILEEN60016 said:

Two potential issues (nontechnical noob here so I could be wrong):

Neither of these affect my Pro1. If anything, the screen stays off for too long after it is held to the ear.

No complaints about audio, either.

Have you installed all the OTA updates? I think one of them addressed some things like this.

4 hours ago, zurvan2 said:

Have you installed all the OTA updates? I think one of them addressed some things like this.

Yes, I have installed the OTA updates, thanks. My above issues seem to have resolved - not sure what had been causing them.

However, now I'm finding that while my phone rings when a call comes in, the screen does not turn on to display caller ID.  Both when the phone is sitting idle/dark and when the screen is on and is in fact already open to the Phone app.  Help?

I just looked in the document with known bugs. Didn't see one regarding what I would call compression issues with the color "near black". Two examples are included. 

The first is a screenshot of How The Universe Works. You can clearly see the artifacts.
The second is a picture I took on my XZs and send via Hangouts to a XZ1 Compact and saved it and send back to the Pro1. When opened on the Pro1 it shows with artifacts. 
If you open the same file on a different device, you don't get artifacts as shown in the screenshot. Is anyone able to reproduce this?

It would seem like a driver issue...

The first picture shows fine on any device but mine.

The picture below should show a completely black background. On the pro you get grey-ish artifacts...

Screenshot_20200131-165354.png

download_20200131_171027.jpg

download_20200131_174154.jpg

Edited by DieBruine
Last picture shows how I see it

1. The volume of Amazon Music keeps increasing slightly during my morning walks, with each kilometre covered, when the voice announces my distance/ speed etc. on the Endomondo app. This never happens with Keyone,

(BTW the music sound quality is much better than Keyone).

2. WiFi signal strength is low on Pro1, Keyone is easily able to keep the connection while Pro1 drops at same distance.

Hope firmware update can increase the signal strength?

1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

I just looked in the document with known bugs. Didn't see one regarding what I would call compression issues with the color "near black". Two examples are included. 

The first is a screenshot of How The Universe Works. You can clearly see the artifacts.
The second is a picture I took on my XZs and send via Hangouts to a XZ1 Compact and saved it and send back to the Pro1. When opened on the Pro1 it shows with artifacts. 
If you open the same file on a different device, you don't get artifacts as shown in the screenshot. Is anyone able to reproduce this?

It would seem like a driver issue...

The first picture shows fine on any device but mine.

Screenshot_20200131-165354.png

download_20200131_171027.jpg

download_20200131_174154.jpg

That may be fixed with the brightness bug, but feel free to put it in the doc. 🙂

6 hours ago, Uncledingo said:

Wasn’t sure where else to post this

My power button doesn’t click anymore, as if it is stuck down. Although it still works, but isn’t the whole purpose of this phone to have working physical clicky clack buttons?😉

Too bad. My GUESS would be some pocket lint sneaked in somehow. But if I were you I would contact support. https://www.fxtec.com/support/

• Like 2
11 hours ago, ksal95 said:

I've noticed that if my keyboard stops responding, rather than rebooting, I just tap j and it starts working again.  I have done so multiple times since getting my Pro¹ on Tuesday and just thought I'd chime in.

How odd! But nice to know, and easy to remember too. J for when the keyboard is Jinxed. 😇

If anyone gets it on a qwertZ it will be interesting if it is the letter J or the same physical key (that is letter K on qwertZ)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, ksal95 said:

I've noticed that if my keyboard stops responding, rather than rebooting, I just tap j and it starts working again.  I have done so multiple times since getting my Pro¹ on Tuesday and just thought I'd chime in.

That's really interesting! If it happens again try all numbers on the number row (edit: maybe try first the letters in the row above the one with f and j) first and let me know! (this goes for anyone that experiences the bug)

Edited by netman
  • Like 1
On 1/31/2020 at 6:58 PM, kontakt said:

That may be fixed with the brightness bug, but feel free to put it in the doc. 🙂

I couldn't figure out what it had to with brightness. But indeed, if you meant try boosting brightness, the issue is resolved. That makes it a whole lot less annoying!

• Like 2

Hi,

to start with, up to now I'm quite satisfied with the pro1. Even the camera under dark lite conditions performs quite well as opposed to some reports. No aggressive blur just some noise which looks much better than what one is used to from other brands.

Three issues I still see is that all widget I add to the screen the 50% hight and are not resizable (get handles but always flip back to 50%) which is quit annoying with a filled calendar.

The other is minor but when working on a remote terminal is that there is no ' symbol only back and forth ticks. I think this has to do with the somewhat strange setup between the shift and the 2o'clock  Uparrow modifiers. I personally would be very happy to see a fully customizable keyboard layout. May it using a configuration app or at least access to the .kcm files.

Finally the display seems to be too sensitive. I recognizes the finger on the way to some icon, not touching the display but firing envents to passed icons on the way. Even worse on the curved edges as one has to hold it somehow.

Wishlist:

- Activate display using keyboard

Things working for me up to now:

- Bluetooth audio

- Screen colors and brightness

Current Build: QX1000_EEA_20200106110245

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sassermann said:

all widget I add to the screen the 50% hight and are not resizable (get handles but always flip back to 50%) which is quit annoying with a filled calendar.

This is because if the stock launcher implementation.  It handles not distorting the layout, particularly widgets, by forcing a two column architecture on you.  For the same reason, you can't center widgets in landscape. 

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, netman said:

That's really interesting! If it happens again try all numbers on the number row (edit: maybe try first the letters in the row above the one with f and j) first and let me know! (this goes for anyone that experiences the bug)

I will be sure to do so, and let you know if there are any other keys that make it work!

• Like 1