LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

4 hours ago, Hook said:

Isn't this in the wrong thread?

I was talking to Rob s. Should have used the quote. My B. 

There is a separate magisk module that can hide that status better than magisk can, but it's all a crap shoot given the nature of Google's hacker these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

Someone previously provided a way to make a lineageos test build. Is it possible to turn on selinux for that build and start trying it as a rough daily driver?

I have my Pro1 on stock and not using it because I was waiting on LOS stable, but I admit I am beginning to lose patience just cause I want a pkb with me when I go out.

I'm not about to rush tdm, I'm far too grateful for the work they have done to make LOS for the Pro1 a Thing to do that, this is more of a 'tide me over until LOS stable can happen' scenario.

Edited by Maplesteel
  • Like 1

Hey all, I know it's been a while but .. well .. pandemic and all.  I have been doing my "day job" remotely from home with 4 boys running around doing some sort of "school" for a couple hours of the day and being .. well .. being boys the rest of the day.  So it's been a bit of a challenge to manage everything and still run side projects.  But I think I've got most everything under control now and I'm going to try to drive this thing to the finish over the next couple of weeks.

So, as a (re)starting point, I've synced up my Lineage tree and rebuilt from where I left off to make test12.  In other words, test12 is the latest Lineage 16.0 tree with the latest security and bug fixes, but has the same pro1 code as test11.

I'll go over the issue list on github and prioritize later today or tomorrow.  If I recall correctly, the biggest issue remaining was SELinux.  So unless something bigger has been posted, that should be my next issue to tackle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10
On 5/29/2020 at 2:27 AM, tdm said:

I'll go over the issue list on github and prioritize later today or tomorrow.  If I recall correctly, the biggest issue remaining was SELinux.  So unless something bigger has been posted, that should be my next issue to tackle.

Please, if possible, give some "love" to german qwertz layout 🙂

https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/35

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, acrux said:

Please, if possible, give some "love" to german qwertz layout 🙂

https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/35

Absolutely.  Reading the issue report, there is a modified keymap in comment by rehejuhan on March 10:

11:0033:8033 (, and ; )
26:002c:0026 (y and |) <- update, not correct, 0026 is just l, not |
30:0011:0029 (w and ^)
38:0013:8029 (r and °)
39:0028:002b (ä and #)
42:0056:8056 (< and >)
47:0026:802b (l and ')

Shall I use this?

• Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, tdm said:

Absolutely.  Reading the issue report, there is a modified keymap in comment by rehejuhan on March 10:

11:0033:8033 (, and ; )
26:002c:0026 (y and |) <- update, not correct, 0026 is just l, not |
30:0011:0029 (w and ^)
38:0013:8029 (r and °)
39:0028:002b (ä and #)
42:0056:8056 (< and >)
47:0026:802b (l and ')

Shall I use this?

acrux=rehejuhan 😄

If the aim is to get the keyboard act as printed on the keys (that is my strong preference) then it is a step towards it.

However - these were the only keys I was able to adjust. About the others I wrote in that issue...

Edited by acrux
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, acrux said:

acrux=rehejuhan 😄

If the aim is to get the keyboard act as printed on the keys (that is my strong preference) then it is a step towards it.

However - these were the only keys I was able to adjust. About the others I wrote in that issue...

Thank you for noting your github name.  🙂

The aim is to get the keyboard working in the most obvious way possible.  In other words, start by:

1. Select QWERTZ under settings -> system -> keyboard -> layout.

2. Select German (or similar) under settings -> system -> languages/input -> physical keyboard -> builtin keyboard.

With that done, the keys should generate the symbols as marked, eg:

1. Pressing a key with no shift should generate the white marking.

2. Pressing a key with yellow-arrow should generate the yellow marking.

Please note that Android handles the normal shift key.  The kernel does not have any special logic for normal shift.  So I can only hope that it works properly.

I have made the changes you noted on github and created a new boot image.  You can find it here:

http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/boot-qwertz-test1.img

This should work with test11 or test12 equally well.  You should be able to flash it with fastboot, eg. "fastboot flash boot boot-qwertz-test1.img".

Please let me know if the keys you noted work properly, and what additional changes should be made.  I will incorporate the changes and we can iterate until it is correct.  🙂

Thanks!

• Thanks 4
On 5/29/2020 at 2:27 AM, tdm said:

So, as a (re)starting point, I've synced up my Lineage tree and rebuilt from where I left off to make test12.  In other words, test12 is the latest Lineage 16.0 tree with the latest security and bug fixes, but has the same pro1 code as test11.

As I meanwhile tested SailfishOS, then I started with a fresh install of test12 recovery&lineageos.

However, test12 did not boot. LineageOS boot animation ran for several minutes and then returned to recovery. As I wanted to quickly get it up and running for qwertz keyboard test then tried test11 which was a success.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, tdm said:

Please let me know if the keys you noted work properly, and what additional changes should be made.  I will incorporate the changes and we can iterate until it is correct.  🙂

Yes, all keys I noted in issue worked properly except Fn+l.

I'll attach here a file output.txt with the keys output and comments.

Thanks for your work!

output1.txt

Edited by acrux
updated file
15 minutes ago, acrux said:

Yes, all keys I noted in issue worked properly except Fn+l.

I'll attach here a file output.txt with the keys output and comments.

Thanks for your work!

output.txt 524 B · 1 download

Thanks.  Unfortunately, your output.txt does not really help me, as I don't have a qwertz model.  If you can just send the changes to the keymap as you did in the github issue report, that would speed up this process greatly.

5 hours ago, acrux said:

As I meanwhile tested SailfishOS, then I started with a fresh install of test12 recovery&lineageos.

However, test12 did not boot. LineageOS boot animation ran for several minutes and then returned to recovery. As I wanted to quickly get it up and running for qwertz keyboard test then tried test11 which was a success.

I'm also getting stuck not booting with test12. Recovery helpfully explains Android system can't be loaded and offers a factory reset (doesn't help). Will go back to test 11 to get dmesg for my camera issue. Afterwards I can get diagnostics on the boot issue if given proper instructions....

6 minutes ago, acoppens said:

I'm also getting stuck not booting with test12. Recovery helpfully explains Android system can't be loaded and offers a factory reset (doesn't help). Will go back to test 11 to get dmesg for my camera issue. Afterwards I can get diagnostics on the boot issue if given proper instructions....

Hmm, interesting.  It installed and booted fine for me.  Is anyone else having trouble with test12?

6 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

I didnˋt flash the new boot.img when I updated from test11 to test12.

I did flash the boot-qwertz-test1.imgtoday though.

Had no issues with booting.

I used both files from test12.

Since I'm now on boot11 anyways I 'll retry flashing the test12 zip to see what that does. ...tomorrow...bc it's another early day tomorrow 😛

Edited by acoppens

No problems here, but I also didn't use the Test 12 Boot image as it didn't seem like anything was being changed there.  I just flashed the Test 12 ROM and Gapps and the Magisk.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reports.

Please note that the separate boot image is provided only for booting into Lineage recovery when switching from stock to Lineage.  The main Lineage zip file has its own (identical) copy of the boot image that is flashed along with the rest of the system.

6 hours ago, tdm said:

Thanks for the reports.

Please note that the separate boot image is provided only for booting into Lineage recovery when switching from stock to Lineage.  The main Lineage zip file has its own (identical) copy of the boot image that is flashed along with the rest of the system.

You lost me there. If people want to use qwertz would the boot-qwertz-test1.img you linked above then be overwritten from the payload,bin?

50 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

You lost me there. If people want to use qwertz would the boot-qwertz-test1.img you linked above then be overwritten from the payload,bin?

boot-qwertz-test1.img just gives some more correctly assigned keys for german qwertz keyboard variant for test11&test12. I guess the changes will be incorporated into the lineageos boot image inside the lineage zip - eg in test13...

9 minutes ago, acrux said:

boot-qwertz-test1.img just gives some more correctly assigned keys for german qwertz keyboard variant for test11&test12. I guess the changes will be incorporated into the lineageos boot image inside the lineage zip - eg in test13...

Yes, this.

I was addressing the comment from people that they had installed the ROM but not installed the boot image provided with it. I was just making it clear that the ROM has a boot image.  So you cannot eg. install test12 but still have the boot image for test11.

• Thanks 2
10 hours ago, acoppens said:

So it seems, that a fresh install with test12 results a non-booting system, but upgrade from test11 is working OK?

Tried also to upgrade my test11 to test12, but as I flashed also the boot-qwertz-test1.img then the recovery thinks that my test11 with that boot image is newer than test12 and refuses to install... 😄

40 minutes ago, tdm said:

Yes, this.

I was addressing the comment from people that they had installed the ROM but not installed the boot image provided with it. I was just making it clear that the ROM has a boot image.  So you cannot eg. install test12 but still have the boot image for test11.

That was how I read it too. I assume you were referring to why the Lineage flash has a separate .img file, and not the post a bit above on the qwertZ .img, right?

So the procedure for people to apply the boot-qwertz-test1.img is after the full install of Test12 (or Test11), right?

17 hours ago, tdm said:

Thanks.  Unfortunately, your output.txt does not really help me, as I don't have a qwertz model.  If you can just send the changes to the keymap as you did in the github issue report, that would speed up this process greatly.

I tried hard to find the codes (mostly as trial&error procedure) for still missing Fn+ keys, but failed. It seems that the symbols missing are currently tied to the Sym key acting as Altgr key for keys corresponding to pc105 keyboard german qwertz layout not for Pro1 german qwertz layout?

If somebody guides me to the usable keycode table then I'll continue.

It was very easy in SailfishOS to get the keyboard layout you like, but that is Linux... 😉

The original output.txt was missing some corrections. I provided the corrected one in my original post and also here.

output1.txt

Edited by acrux