Notice regarding getting Google SafetyNet Certified software

Hello all,

As we all know Pro1 has passed Google's SafetyNet Certification previously and we have everything completed. 

However, due to the units shipped so far has unlocked bootloader, the device will still shown as "Uncertified" despite we have passed the security certification.

(For users intended to root the phone, installing Lineage OS and Sailfish OS, please ignore the remaining and no future actions needed.)

For users to activate Google Pay, and other features that requires SafetyNet approval, please do the following procedures to re-lock the bootloader:

- Update to the latest firmware via OTA (QX1000_EEA_20191203104303)

- Back up your data, as your personal data will be wiped after re-locking bootloader

- (Second Warning) Back up your data as they will be lost

- Turn off the phone, hold vol down and press power key to get into bootloader

- Attach a USB (data) cable to the Pro1 and a PC

- If you haven't got ADB installed, you can fetch it from Google here

- Using command line on the PC, go to the ADB and Flashboot directory and type

fastboot flashing lock

- Follow the instructions on the phone (Press Volume down twice, and accept with Power)

Bootloader will be locked and your data will be wiped, it will become factory state

After set-up, device will shown as "certified" in Play Store and user can set up Google Pay using contactless payment.

For future units the default setting of bootloader will be locked and device will show certified by default. Only the users who got the device now will need to do the re-lock to activate SafetyNet. 

Screenshot_20191204-164041.png

• Thanks 16
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, As we all know Pro1 has passed Google's SafetyNet Certification previously and we have everything completed.  However, due to the units shipped so far has unlocked bootloader, the

I shall do this as soon as I get mine. I would NEVER use Scroogle Pay or any other GcrApp and shall wear an unlocked bootloader as a badge of freedom. 🙂 I don't lock my house or my cars, so why would

From what I understand, banks do use it sometimes, but so does Netflix and lots of enterprise apps.

Posted Images

Thanks for the update.

I'm a little sad that my restore and lock scheme won't work, but that was a long shot anyhow.
I was hoping to be able to receive a device with unlocked bootloader, flash magisk, use root to restore backups, remove magisk, lock bootloader.

• Like 1

Anybody with a hint of getting rid of the 10sec dancing tray icons after the update? If no fix, that could make me live with issues with alternative launchers...

Forget it, the dancing magically stops after some time?? Have no Idea why....

i have a Question:

If i locked it and want to unlock it again (I know, all  personal data will be wiped once more) what is the command for that,
is it

"Fastboot flashing unlock" ?

...I have no background in Programming, so I have to ask 😅I

Edited by Shilor
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Shilor said:

i have a Question:

If i locked it and want to unlock it again (I know, all  personal data will be wiped once more) what is the command for that,
is it

"Fastboot flashing unlock" ?

...I have no background in Programming, so I have to ask 😅I

yup https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/unlock-trusty

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, mcdinner said:

microG is better 🙂

Agreed, but of course they are different.  Once is an app that runs with the Google Apps installed, and the other is a replacement for the Google Apps.  The latter is the better choice of the two (if one must have Google Apps installed and running).

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I shall do this as soon as I get mine. I would NEVER use Scroogle Pay or any other GcrApp and shall wear an unlocked bootloader as a badge of freedom. 🙂 I don't lock my house or my cars, so why would I lock my phone?

Edited by silversolver
I have a LOT of cars :O
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, silversolver said:

I shall do this as soon as I get mine. I would NEVER use Scroogle Pay or any other GcrApp and shall wear an unlocked bootloader as a badge of freedom. 🙂 I don't lock my house or my cars, so why would I lock my phone?

I regularly don't lock my front door wife goes mad 😄 (my area is definitely not crime free!!!)

• Haha 3
On 12/5/2019 at 2:01 AM, EskeRahn said:

Off topic:

In that link i stumbled upon

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

That allows the Pro1 to charge while staying turned off. I do not know if there is a good reason for them to turn this feature Off by default (Or maybe it is Off by default without FxTec changing it?) Tried it On with slow charging, and from what I can see it works exactly as you would expect. Will try with fast charge when the level is sufficiently low for it to make sense. Works fine with fast charging too.

ADD: When the off-mode-charge is Off, the device will automatically power up when power is applied.

IMG_20191205_134622~01.jpg

• Thanks 5
5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Off topic:

In that link i stumbled upon

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

That allows the Pro1 to charge while turned off. I do not know if there is a good reason for them to turn this feature Off by default. Tried it with slow charging, and from what I can see it works exactly as you would expect. Will try with fast charge when the level is sufficiently low for it to make sense.

Did I understand You right, that after the phone is discharged to 0%, I can't charge it unless this feature was turned on before?

26 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Not quite, But applying power makes it turn On by default.

What a relief. I was also thinking that this could turn the phone into an autobrick if the owner doesn't turn out to be careful enough to avoid fully discharging the battery.

Edited by agent008
18 hours ago, Waxberry said:

Hello all,

As we all know Pro1 has passed Google's SafetyNet Certification previously and we have everything completed. 

However, due to the units shipped so far has unlocked bootloader, the device will still shown as "Uncertified" despite we have passed the security certification.

(For users intended to root the phone, installing Lineage OS and Sailfish OS, please ignore the remaining and no future actions needed.)

For users to activate Google Pay, and other features that requires SafetyNet approval, please do the following procedures to re-lock the bootloader:

- Update to the latest firmware via OTA (QX1000_EEA_20191203104303)

- Back up your data, as your personal data will be wiped after re-locking bootloader

- (Second Warning) Back up your data as they will be lost

- Turn off the phone, hold vol down and press power key to get into bootloader

- Attach a USB (data) cable to the Pro1 and a PC

- If you haven't got ADB installed, you can fetch it from Google here

- Using command line on the PC, go to the ADB and Flashboot directory and type

fastboot flashing lock

- Follow the instructions on the phone (Press Volume down twice, and accept with Power)

Bootloader will be locked and your data will be wiped, it will become factory state

After set-up, device will shown as "certified" in Play Store and user can set up Google Pay using contactless payment.

For future units the default setting of bootloader will be locked and device will show certified by default. Only the users who got the device now will need to do the re-lock to activate SafetyNet. 

Screenshot_20191204-164041.png

@Waxberry Forgive me when I say the following as this is deep tech to me and way out of my Microsoft knowledge and prowess! 🙂

Basically... When my phone is delivered I will need to complete the above steps? Also as I do not have a stock assigned/tracking number does this mean that by the time my phone is sent I will not need to worry about this? 

So many questions and I am sorry if all you smart techies in this group are rolling your eyes. LOL. 

Cheers you lovely Lot! 🙂

*After Double Reading*

I was consumed by the steps... Ignore me... although @silversolver you seem very anti Google.... why is this? What am I missing? Going to Sailfish and Linear is good for which reasons? I genuinely ask as i have just seen how sarcastic it seems! Lol 

Edited by robert.prior1985
I read the whole thing now! :)
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, robert.prior1985 said:

I was consumed by the steps... Ignore me... although @silversolver you seem very anti Google.... why is this? What am I missing? Going to Sailfish and Linear is good for which reasons? I genuinely ask as i have just seen how sarcastic it seems! Lol 

Although less outspoken about it, I'm also in the camp who does not like google and I intend to remove as much of the google apps as I can or use Lineage (although both are Android which is made by google but anyway). The sneaky thing about google is that it tries to gather as much data about you as it possibly can and uses it for profit, even when you try to turn it off there is always hidden stuff buried in menus in my experience and then it will for example ask me how did I like the supermarket or bar I just went to, why does it know this and why does it need to know it? And maybe fair enough that google uses this for targetted ads but it's unrealistic to think they could keep the info confidential (google could get hacked or a third party they work with, their employees, etc could be malicious).

It's however not like google will steal your credit card and run off with it, so it remains somewhat a personal choice whether one cares or not. But given the option to have an OS that is less nosy by either removing some parts of it or replacing the OS alltogether, I will take that option :-). Lineage also has some additional benefits other than respecting your privacy a bit more, being that you get root access by default and have some more configurability.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, netman said:

Although less outspoken about it, I'm also in the camp who does not like google and I intend to remove as much of the google apps as I can or use Lineage (although both are Android which is made by google but anyway). The sneaky thing about google is that it tries to gather as much data about you as it possibly can and uses it for profit, even when you try to turn it off there is always hidden stuff buried in menus in my experience and then it will for example ask me how did I like the supermarket or bar I just went to, why does it know this and why does it need to know it? And maybe fair enough that google uses this for targetted ads but it's unrealistic to think they could keep the info confidential (google could get hacked or a third party they work with, their employees, etc could be malicious).

It's however not like google will steal your credit card and run off with it, so it remains somewhat a personal choice whether one cares or not. But given the option to have an OS that is less nosy by either removing some parts of it or replacing the OS alltogether, I will take that option :-). Lineage also has some additional benefits other than respecting your privacy a bit more, being that you get root access by default and have some more configurability.

The really dangerous stuff is: They could sell the data, for example to insurances. Then you can't get a new one, just because you googled some things about a cancer type (could be medical research for school even). Or banks will deny you loans and stuff like that...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

The really dangerous stuff is: They could sell the data, for example to insurances. Then you can't get a new one, just because you googled some things about a cancer type (could be medical research for school even). Or banks will deny you loans and stuff like that...

Luckily that isn't legal currently, or is it? Certainly a scenario that could happen eventually though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

And worse than that. In some countries information about political activity or even just sexual preferences could have life-threatening consequences in the hands of the wrong people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, netman said:

Luckily that isn't legal currently, or is it? Certainly a scenario that could happen eventually though.

In most countries no. Here for example the company must at least give you the basic health insurance. However it is not illegal to loss your application sheet, or forget to answer you.
Then there are countries like the US where they don't have to insurance you. Sure all this data must be anonymized but we all know how easy you get names out of it.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, netman said:

You can safely replace "could happen" with "will happen". Even if illegal, at some point data gets stolen by someone. There are no tight systems. Though I would not consider other OS more safe as such, but at least they do not openly collect ALL the info they can scrape together like Google does, so the data could be leaked from either the phone OR Google.

But the risk of an individual phone being hacked to get it's info is much much less than that the massive storage of data at Google will be attacked - a simple inside job is all it takes....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

I think the thing people aren't mentioning is the employees at these places do you trust them?  I'm a software engineer and I see all sorts which I could easily put on the internet anonymously.

Absolutely. As I said "a simple inside job is all it takes"

• Like 1