On the pre-production status

15 minutes ago, SBurn87 said:

Hey Community

The title of this thread is "info on production status" . But i find every other infos but nothing about the production status.... 

So, could someone please say if there are any informations about the 2nd batch? About more delay or about where my preordered phone is?? 

Thanks guys

The last news about 2nd batch is a reply on twitter saying it's less than a few weeks away, pretty much ready to ship to warehouses also.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SBurn87 said:

Hey Community

The title of this thread is "info on production status" . But i find every other infos but nothing about the production status.... 

So, could someone please say if there are any informations about the 2nd batch? About more delay or about where my preordered phone is?? 

Thanks guys

As far as I understand it, the second batch should be shipping from the factories towards warehouses/fulfilment centres either next week (week46) or the week after that. Important part here is from factories, I don't know where they really go after that, but it doesn't actually matter. That shipping would be the same as what happened on the 29th for the first batch, so I'd expect about 2 weeks after that for the 2nd batch to be in the hands of Fedex and the like. When they have the phones, you should be getting a tracking code, at which point I'm estimating less than a week for intra-continental shipping (they haven't specified this).

So, I'm guessing the 2nd batch will be in customer's hands the first week of December, possibly the last week of November. This second batch seems to not have all pre-orders though, it has a large amount of pre-orders, but some of the later paid ones would be in a third batch which I have no idea when it would arrive.

17 minutes ago, SBurn87 said:

Hey Community

Thanks guys

Unfortunately Fxtec did not give much info about any other batches than the first one. There is only vague and contradicting info but it all of it mention "Mid-November". It was first mentioned as shipping date but seeing that even first batch still wasn't shipped makes me doubt that they could ship second batch mid-November. Mid-November is from 15th to 20th November according to what support wrote to me.

Also, depending on your order number and how fast you paid after receiving the payment mail there's a chance that you phone can be included even in the third batch unless you are igg backer.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kthxbye said:

I realize that, but it's the physical appearance thing that's taking forever. It has been 6 business days with yesterday and they haven't gone to a branch of their bank to initiate the refund.

When I receive refund from Ebay / Paypal or Aliexpress, it also take several business days to appear at my local bank.
I think these things are usually not fast.

It I send money abroad from my local bank it also takes some business days but it depends on the method I use to send (which have higher fee for a faster method).

So I'm not wonder if it takes time...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SBurn87 said:

Hey Community

Thanks guys

No more information about the second batch yet, the first batch has still not reached the customers either.

Also, this forum isn't an official source for information, as we were told recently.

Edit: That was already said by others, sorry.

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Like 1

As a reminder, we have decent information on the 2nd batch:

On 11/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, dreamflasher said:

The support is fairly responsive, I just got this reply (asking about the 2nd batch):

Yes, mid-November is when the device will be transit from the factory to the warehouses and then to your home. Realistically, you'll have the device in your hands by the end of November.

Another 25 days

• Thanks 1

Guys i must admit that its by far the most worst experience i ever have buying online.

I have been with this since feb and by now i think i am loosing it.

it just drags on and on. everyone here go to the extreme level to guess all about batching and when is shipping. thats what FX could be doing.

but they  are just keep dragging forever. Mid nov is no far so we will see what happens.

i am too considering to cancel order because its just turning into a nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, kashif said:

Guys i must admit that its by far the most worst experience i ever have buying online.

I just would like to mention it was a preorder and in this category, things may happen.
It is definitively not an easy thing to do any similar projects.

I hope we will see some delivered phones soon and other phones will also arrive in a few weeks.
That may give some patience also for others who are still waiting.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I just would like to mention it was a preorder and in this category, things may happen.
It is definitively not an easy thing to do any similar projects.

I hope we will see some delivered phones soon and other phones will also arrive in a few weeks.
That may give some patience also for others who are still waiting.

I Hope you are right.

well my understanding of the pre order is that its all been worked out and it will be delivered around the estimate time.

back in feb when FX showed pro1 in mwc, to my understanding it was shown because everything is worked out.

Anyways i really hope your are proven correct VaZso and we all start getting these devices soon.

22 minutes ago, kashif said:

it just drags on and on. everyone here go to the extreme level to guess all about batching and when is shipping. thats what FX could be doing.

but they  are just keep dragging forever. Mid nov is no far so we will see what happens.

i am too considering to cancel order because its just turning into a nightmare.

It's really quite common for startups (and even phone launches from big brands) to come waay later than they initially plan to ship. They've already manufactured a bunch of phones so it will go relatively fast now probably. Unless you have a personal reason to be in a hurry to get a phone I think the wait will be well worth it ultimately, don't let the peoples worry and complaints here be contagious :D.

Just now, netman said:

It's really quite common for startups (and even phone launches from big brands) to come waay later than they initially plan to ship. They've already manufactured a bunch of phones so it will go relatively fast now probably. Unless you have a personal reason to be in a hurry to get a phone I think the wait will be well worth it ultimately, don't let the peoples worry and complaints here be contagious :D.

Yup, how many years was the galaxy fold to be launched "next year"? Five?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, netman said:

well i can wait if i see a light.

say if FX again announce delay in mid nov then it will look like we dont know whats happening.

but thanks netman, you guys do give me some hope

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yup, how many years was the galaxy fold to be launched "next year"? Five?

yeh its true, but thats why i never signed up for fold.

i did watched and followed this planet cosmos for quite a while but since they did clearly stated that there is no date yet for shipping so i didnt signed up for that.

i just cant get my head around why is it too hard, or atleast if its really that hard for the first project to take off then i wish FX could explain.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kashif said:

I Hope you are right.

well my understanding of the pre order is that its all been worked out and it will be delivered around the estimate time.
back in feb when FX showed pro1 in mwc, to my understanding it was shown because everything is worked out.
Anyways i really hope your are proven correct VaZso and we all start getting these devices soon.

I think by that time most of the things were worked out.
Anyway, mass-manufacturing was still not built up by that time and as far as I know some minor modifications happened on the hardware (they placed some screws near the keyboard instead of glue), maybe some fine-tuning happened near antennas (or not, I don't know) and a lot of work happened software-wise.

MWC was a good opportunity for them to show their phone is basically works well. They (as a startup) need others to know them to be able to have real business.
Financially it is a very expensive project and if no buyers, it can turn out to be a massive loss.
Also, they had to estimate the demand of the phones they need to manufacture.

If they manufacture too many devices (compared to the number of devices they can sell), it will cause high amount of loss.
If they manufacture too few devices, then they may have too low amount of profit and inconvenienced users.

At first, it seems they had massively underestimated the demand and they tried to solve it by following batches later.

Anyway, preorder is to order something which is practically still not exists, however, they may have less or more of something which they can show you.
The best possibility of a preorder is that model is currently under manufacturing and you may expect it to be manufactured and shipped in a specified date.
A bit more real possibility of a preorder is that gathering money to be able to manufacture an otherwise ready hardware.

One thing that people in here tend to forget is that many individual components, are not just something you send an email, and have the good two days later.

So if they estimated too low, they can not just say, "oh well lets make the next batch ten times larger" (And not even mentioning the economics in that)

46 minutes ago, netman said:

But what about the fact that Fxtec on numerous occasions tried to make an impression that the phone is almost ready? They said payment only just before shipping, one of delay was only because of "licenses"and Chinese holidays, not because of production. In the beginning of September they said that shipping pre-orders will start mid-September and to tell this phones should be already on their way to warehouses from the factory. Instead of telling the truth they were dishonest at least. They probably knew that they can't deliver phones but decided to keep writing things that they had to know that are impossible. 29th October wasn't a shipping date, everyone knows that but Fxtec still didn't admit that. Instead of being realistic and saying the truth, they decided to "delay" the phone few times a little every time so people will think every time "ok, I will wait, it's only month", soon we will be in 2020. "Just wait a little longer" happened too many times already. I think they knew that it will take much longer but preferred to feed us with some BS from time to time so people won't start cancelling. Recent twitter messages of Chen also shows that there is something shady. Also, Chen showed that he reads forums but just ignores all questions about what is happening. They abuse their position of the only possible producer of landscape slider, if there was another landscape slider on the way, people would probably cancel their Pro1 pre-orders and go with the other one.

The "but they are startup" argument is not valid anymore because they did too many mistakes already. They don't inform us about anything what is happening with production, only some vague info. We know only that there are around ~120 phones existing that took them months of delays, they said that production started already months ago. If it was really because they are startup and overestimated few things then they would be honest with us and give them any info they can. All phones should be delivered already long ago but still nobody even got their tracking number. Instead of being honest all that Fxtec can do is saying "soon", being silent or whining that people call them liars. They don't even try to give us specific details what is happening and they think that telling "soon" or giving a false release date is enough.

Before everything started falling apart I praised Fxtec and wanted to tell every friend about Pro1 and encourage them to support Fxtec. I couldn't understand how anyone could criticize Fxtec for what they do.

Fxtec made me lose all my trust in them, the only true thing now is that if they go out of business, they have to return us the money.

Edited by Gon009
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

One thing that people in here tend to forget is that many individual components, are not just something you send an email, and have the good two days later.

So if they estimated too low, they can not just say, "oh well lets make the next batch ten times larger" (And not even mentioning the economics in that)

Right. If they need to manufacture let's say 1000 additional phones, that means they need to order at least 1000 PCB and the assembly of 1000 PCBs  which means they need to order electrical components of at least 1000x of every parts. There are places who does this, but components may come from other countries / distributors.
Also some components are not available from one distributor, so they may not only come from one distributor.
When the PCB is manufactured and components are available, then assemble should be done - it means 1000 assembled PCBs, not anything more than that.
It may need to be waked up / tested in some time in the process (maybe later, maybe in this phase).

They also need ribbon cables of specific length and type, also need to manufacture every parts of 1000 cases (which is another factory and another area), ordering 1000 displays, assemble them, test them, finalize them, put them in boxes, etc.
In latter phase, you also need to book capacity in advance (so it may take time to be ready for you) and if another party has higher priority, you may have to wait.

So it is definitively not an easy process and we are speaking about a highly complicated device.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

But what about the fact that Fxtec on numerous occasions tried to make an impression that the phone is almost ready? They said payment only just before shipping, one of delay was only because of "licenses"and Chinese holidays, not because of production. In the beginning of September they said that shipping pre-orders will start mid-September and to tell this phones should be already on their way to warehouses from the factory. Instead of telling the truth they were dishonest at least. They probably knew that they can't deliver phones but decided to keep writing things that they had to know that are impossible. 29th October wasn't a shipping date, everyone knows that but Fxtec still didn't admit that. Instead of being realistic and saying the truth, they decided to "delay" the phone few times a little every time so people will think every time "ok, I will wait, it's only month", soon we will be in 2020. "Just wait a little longer" happened too many times already. I think they knew that it will take much longer but preferred to feed us with some BS from time to time so people won't start cancelling. Recent twitter messages of Chen also shows that there is something shady. Also, Chen showed that he reads forums but just ignores all questions about what is happening. They abuse their position of the only possible producer of landscape slider, if there was another landscape slider on the way, people would probably cancel their Pro1 pre-orders and go with the other one.

The "but they are startup" argument is not valid anymore because they did too many mistakes already. They don't inform us about anything what is happening with production, only some vague info. We know only that there are around ~120 phones existing that took them months of delays. If it was really because they are startup and overestimated few things then they would be honest with us and give them any info they can. All phones should be delivered already long ago but still nobody even got their tracking number. Instead of being honest all that Fxtec can do is saying "soon", being silent or whining that people call them liars.

Their communications could definitely improve, but there could be reasons this happens, i.e. internal communications quite suboptimal, simply having no idea what to do. People keep telling they'd be just happy if they were more clear but I don't really believe that even to be honest, if they tell they don't know people will be demanding to know, if they tell an exact date they will probably fail at predicting it as they depend on quite a few third parties (and people will be even more confused and upset). People want their phone now and there is no real thing to show yet so they're anxious, and as long as that is so people will find something to complain of.

That said, since phones are now on the way to be shipped out some people should definitely be getting tracking numbers and perhaps even the phones next week already 🙂. We will see it.

Edited by netman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gon009 said:

[snip]

... the only true thing now is that if they go out of business, they have to return us the money.

If they go out of business, they won't have any money to return to us.  I don't suppose they have kept our money in a segregated client funds account.

So, in that unlikely event, we would be claiming money from the liquidators (there won't be any money) or from our credit/debit card providers (which will work, or not, depending on the Ts&Cs of those providers, and the laws of whichever countries we happen to live in).  So let's hope that doesn't happen, then.

• Thanks 2

I don't get it why some users here are threatening to cancel their order because of the delays.

If you cancel now, you won't get a pro1 at all and I think that is not your final goal, is it?

And I, for instance, won't give up my position in the queue. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Shilor said:

I don't get it why some users here are threatening to cancel their order because of the delays.

If you cancel now, you won't get a pro1 at all and I think that is not your final goal, is it?

And I, for instance, won't give up my position in the queue. 😉

To get their money back so they might buy a phone right now? Because they fear fxtec might be bankrupt before delivering their phones? Because they're sick of waiting or the communication or something and don't want to support a company like that? I can think of plenty of reasons, even if I disagree with them all.

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic