7 hours ago, goodman_j said:

Hey Guys,

I didn't get to work on this at all this week.  I'm sorry.  The good news is that I ordered a batch of PCTPE.  This is a flexible rubber like material.  I'll see if my design will work with this material and if not I'll have to make a design for it.  That being said, I'll have a hard case and a soft case.  No guarantees for being able to work on it this week.  I have a lot on my plate work wise.

Sounds interesting 👍 Did you notice the request in this thread? https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2933-buy-fxtec-pro1-compatible-case

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys.  Just wanted share the case I printed out for my wife.  She wanted a functional opening case that would protect her phone and won't fly off when it opens.  After many attempts I was able to

Hello, again. I also made a bumper case 🙂 It helps me to avoid touching screen edges by accident. I also noticed that I could hold Pro1 securely because FDM printed layer lines work to prevent

Hi, I just wanted to share my simple back cover here :) You can download STL and F3D files from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617029  

Posted Images

On 4/20/2020 at 6:16 AM, goodman_j said:

Hey Guys,

I didn't get to work on this at all this week.  I'm sorry.  The good news is that I ordered a batch of PCTPE.  This is a flexible rubber like material.  I'll see if my design will work with this material and if not I'll have to make a design for it.  That being said, I'll have a hard case and a soft case.  No guarantees for being able to work on it this week.  I have a lot on my plate work wise.

Hi Goodman_ J,  do you mind sharing the stl file of the protective case, so that it can be a foundation for us to work on,  and we can print it on our own.  Thank you.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ban.yeh said:

Hi Goodman_ J,  do you mind sharing the stl file of the protective case, so that it can be a foundation for us to work on,  and we can print it on our own.  Thank you.

Hey Ban,

This is going to sound real douchey.  I apologize but I don't make a habit of sharing my files.  I have seen it too many times where people have used other peoples work for their own gain.  Please understand that I have put a lot of hours into this project and have put serious thought and effort into its design and conception.  That being said, I don't mind printing them out for people though.  I understand that protective cases for a phone (especially one as rare as the Pro1 with a physical keyboard) are incredibly important for the people who have doled out a sizable amount of money for the purchase of said phone and that is precisely why I ventured to create such a case.  I thank everyone for understanding and patience.

• Thanks 1

Hi Everyone,

Latest update.  I took Eskerahn's suggestions and made the fillets larger for the button/charger/earphones.  Eskerahn also asked about the speaker cutout and my wife wanted a place to put charms for her phone.  So I combined the two.  See pics below.  The print quality was not as good as it was before but that is because I made a mistake and printed at a lower density.  Will be printing a brand new set next weekend for the wife and I will be inheriting her old case.  I haven't worked with the PCTPE yet.

As I mentioned before we don't utilize the fingerpring reader so our cases do not include it in the cutout but that can be addressed for those who require it.  I did not get to read through the requests made in the thread in a link shared by Eskerahn.  I will try to do so as I get the time.

ButtonSideCase.png.75ef2e59ea62af028774b741a10042be.png Speaker.CharmCutout.png.8850dd644dd884ee05c5a9ba52e87fc2.png

• Like 6
On 4/27/2020 at 5:20 AM, goodman_j said:

Hey Ban,

This is going to sound real douchey.  I apologize but I don't make a habit of sharing my files.  I have seen it too many times where people have used other peoples work for their own gain.  Please understand that I have put a lot of hours into this project and have put serious thought and effort into its design and conception.  That being said, I don't mind printing them out for people though.  I understand that protective cases for a phone (especially one as rare as the Pro1 with a physical keyboard) are incredibly important for the people who have doled out a sizable amount of money for the purchase of said phone and that is precisely why I ventured to create such a case.  I thank everyone for understanding and patience.

No problem at all, goodman_j.   I've attached an stl file that I worked with.   I haven't finish it yet, but hope that others can work on it as well.   

Pro1.11 keyboard with all.holes. correct side 2.25.stl

• Like 3

We have very high end 3D-printing facilities in our University, which students can use. Has anyone tested out some models which could be production ready?

Not that I am experienced 3D-printer, but this might be a good starting point to learn when you have some already validated models to use 🙂

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

On 4/26/2020 at 11:20 PM, goodman_j said:

Hey Ban,

@goodman_j, would you mind selling the stl file for personal use so that I can print it myself? We have 3D printers at the university with free (but limited) filament, so I'd love to print it myself. I don't know where you're based, but international shipping will most likely cost an arm and a leg.

Please also note that stl files are like binaries - it's very difficult to make derivative models out of an stl, because it just describes a bunch of triangles. Theoretically, you can do a 3D scan to get an STL. To do any derivative models you basically need the sources.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Slim-Hard-PC-Frameless-Phone-Case-For-Huawei-P20-P30-Lite-Honor-10i-20s-20-PRO.thumb.jpg.b828f086cf67e29cf14489e70af5335e.jpg

On 4/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, goodman_j said:

Hey guys.  Just wanted share the case I printed out for my wife.  She wanted a functional opening case that would protect her phone and won't fly off when it opens.  After many attempts I was able to get it to work.  

Case1.png.34cabb110e2b8e1278b3f3894fdb02bb.pngCase1Open.png.8728a3813b10a2fd575c42c148915271.png

I'm probably going to modify it some more and tweak my print settings to make it a lot nicer and possible do some post print finishing.  

Hi,

you have done awesome work..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000419201477.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.410b4541N2cH0U&algo_pvid=a95b10b0-9d22-4dc9-b47c-5de5dab0f10d&algo_expid=a95b10b0-9d22-4dc9-b47c-5de5dab0f10d-27&btsid=0ab6d69515979734164406840e6c58&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Try something frame less like this..so it will solve the hole and notch problem for side at least..

Thanks

Slim-Hard-PC-Frameless-Phone-Case-For-Huawei-P20-P30-Lite-Honor-10i-20s-20-PRO.jpg

Hca8b916eae5240918c24ab7d72e245c8g.jpg

Edited by Bruce Wayne
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...