Rear/main camera focus to infinity not work on LineageOS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But Kelloggs on the left are more crisp than their cheap knockoffs on the right, no surprise.

Hoping to balance the negativity in this thread, my F(x)tec Pro1 running LineageOS does not seem to have any camera issues regarding focus (see the attached sample I took today). Running LineageOS 18.

For the record, I don't seem to have this problem on LOS either:

Posted Images

Hoping to balance the negativity in this thread, my F(x)tec Pro1 running LineageOS does not seem to have any camera issues regarding focus (see the attached sample I took today). Running LineageOS 18.1 (unofficial; 20210105), using a Google Camera version (though I forgot exactly which one).

F(x)tec Pro1 - GCam Infinity.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, itchy355 said:

Yup, found the same issue, lineage 17 too. It tries to focus, actually hits the sweet spot for a fraction of a second - but then it focuses back a little. Annoying but good to hear it's software related.

If you can manually focus for long distances (e.g. in Open Camera), which should be possible for you, as you seem to get a sharp image preview for a moment, then at least you are not hit by the bigger problem of not getting focus at all. Even though losing autofocus is also annoying, it is a different problem from what the original post is about. But as others described the same thing as you in here already, I guess it is now just a general thread for camera bugs in LineageOS ;)

• Like 1