Display units with large tap-insensitive margin

53 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

The most protective -yet still usable- solution is a screen protector and a flip case.

Agree.

I do not have a screen protector, but I decided for a flip case on day one. The Pro1's surface finish is nice but it enables the phone to slip out of your hand far too easily ...  

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found an easy way to fix this from any ROM, without having to wipe userdata. tl;dr: Edit: Make backups. It shouldn't be necessary, but you never know! Flash the 2020-08-25 stock RO

Thanks for the work, people. Life got in the way here a bit. I did a bit of digging based on the rar shared in this thread by Kaali: The APK does seem to contain code to write config data to the

To all who still struggle with this issue. People in the fxtec unofficial discord have discovered that flashing ONLY the vendor.img from the stock restore thread will fix the aliex screen issues and

Posted Images

Regardless of whether you use a case or not (I hate cases and don't use any on my Pro1), I highly recommend having  skin on the back of your Pro1 to provide more grip (which ultimately protects the Pro1 by eliminating the slickness of the back)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @all for the tips regarding protection. I've already ordered screen protectors. I already do have two flip cases which basically fit, but I'm hesitant to use one because of the need to customize the holes and also they significantly add bulk, much more than the flipcase I used to have for the Moto Z3 Play which fit like a (surgeon's) glove... But I guess I'll give one of them a try, after all.

(I've also been playing with the thought of buying a 3D printer just to print my own Pro1 protectors 😉 )

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, benoitjeffrey said:

I shattered a screen with a closed flip case, it won't protect the left side of the phone at all.

Personally I really enjoy the 3d printed case from @LIMA but I'm looking closely for the one from @ubuntuscofieldand @belletrist

Those 3d printed case can protect the phone way better than a flip case

A 3D printed case is the way to go IMHO with the Pro1. It retains that nice feel of it but with extra grip.

The design still needs a bit of polish but it's getting close. Unfortunately I'm still learning that side of things and haven't had any success yet.

If anybody is interested in a used Snakehive case, still in good condition, only modified the phone holder to suit the Pro1, let me know. I wont be returning to it.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, benoitjeffrey said:

I shattered a screen with a closed flip case, it won't protect the left side of the phone at all.

Personally I really enjoy the 3d printed case from @LIMA but I'm looking closely for the one from @ubuntuscofieldand @belletrist

Of course, an unlucky hit can get through the unprotected side of a flap case. My main point is that the case (any case for what matters) reduces the chance the Pro1 will slip out of your hand in the first place. As a bonus, a flap case also removes the need for a screen protector sticker.

As much as I enjoy enthusiast projects, the 3D-printed cases I have seen so far (from pictures only, of course) look a bit awkward. They are certainly perfectly functional, but aesthetically not very appealing (to me at least).

No hard feelings, but for now I will stick with my flap case ...

• Like 3

Can we not post them here?

6 hours ago, Kaali said:

I got the files for the screen margin resetting from an user in the F(x)tec unofficial discord.

No problem anymore.

16 hours ago, Slion said:

Can we not post them here?

From what I've heard in the meantime, there must have been some confidentiality restriction on those files, whatever the reason for that may be. Perhaps EvilDragon has become aware of that, too, and maybe that's why he doesn't react on further requests here, either.

If communicating with Fxtec would work as we would like it to work, we could get into a discussion with them about it, but as it doesn't, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Still it wouldn't hurt to try... 

• Like 1

If I understood all the past information correctly, Fxtec is in fact supportive of repairs with those cheap parts. Also, I believe their own screen replacements (the added value of which is the easier replacement as they include the screen casing with all that's inside) needed the changed driver, too, from some point in time onwards, and someone who's using LineageOS, which Fxtec also officially supports, would need the driver package, too, even if they got the screen replacement from Fxtec...

• Like 1

Oh, I see! Interesting!

It could be then, of course, that Fxtec would already sell their replacements "pre-flashed"... But still I don't think they'd intentionally try to make things difficult for those of us who want to replace only the panel itself. It would go against their self-repairability promises with which they started out. Also, it seems they're out of display replacements themselves, as on IndieGogo these are not expected to become available before August...

1 hour ago, Laska said:

Maybe you're right...

Displays from ebay look slightly different inside than the original one.

Make sure you are looking at the display only option for those Elephone screens.  The frame won't work on the Pro1 because those are different (The more expensive screens sold by FxTex include the frame with the display already mounted).   With the cheap replacement display, you have to remove the old display on the pro1, which is glued, from the frame and then glue (it comes with adhesive strips) the new display into the frame.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Hook said:

Make sure you are looking at the display only option for those Elephone screens.  The frame won't work on the Pro1 because those are different (The more expensive screens sold by FxTex include the frame with the display already mounted).   With the cheap replacement display, you have to remove the old display on the pro1, which is glued, from the frame and then glue (it comes with adhesive strips) the new display into the frame.

Yes, I've done it twice already. It's not that hard as it seems. Now if you look at my phone, even very close, you can't say the screen was swaped. Also I've installed small difusor for the notification led so now light is in one solid color.

Edited by Laska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Laska said:

I've installed small difusor for the notification led so now light is in one solid color.

Smart move, remind me to do that too if I ever need to change the display panel 😁

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Laska said:

Also I've installed small difusor for the notification led so now light is in one solid color.

I have also done this together with my last screen replacement.
It seems to be much better anyway, but it is not too much chance trying it under stock OS, I don't know if it is better under LOS.

(I mean notification LEDs are not fine-adjustable under stock.)

Edited by VaZso
Just now, VaZso said:

I have also done this together with my last screen replacement.
It seems to be much better anyway, but it is not too much chance trying it under stock OS, I don't know if it is better under LOS.

(I mean notification LEDs are not fine-adjustable under stock.)

What do you mean by this? I'm on stock.

3 minutes ago, Laska said:

What do you mean by this? I'm on stock.

Maybe I haven't found the right software for fine tuning notification LED.

I can set a colour, but not a custom one (more green, less blue, etc).

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

Maybe I haven't found the right software for fine tuning notification LED.

I can set a colour, but not a custom one (more green, less blue, etc).

I'm using GravityBox for customizing led color. But true thing is that this led cannot provide whole spectrum of colors.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:10 PM, benoitjeffrey said:

Tru dat, ive dropped mine several times with the 3d case and its unfazed, its almost like it doesnt matter if it droips anymore hehe

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...