Display units with large tap-insensitive margin

hmmm...i have question. My phone runs on aicp rom and i have problem with something like low respond on swipe - unlock phone etc.

I have manytime problem with unlock...i must swipe slowly .

All others works fine...i can touch without problem on any place on screen.

Can it be display problem .... or maybe aicp problem?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found an easy way to fix this from any ROM, without having to wipe userdata. tl;dr: Edit: Make backups. It shouldn't be necessary, but you never know! Flash the 2020-08-25 stock RO

Thanks for the work, people. Life got in the way here a bit. I did a bit of digging based on the rar shared in this thread by Kaali: The APK does seem to contain code to write config data to the

To all who still struggle with this issue. People in the fxtec unofficial discord have discovered that flashing ONLY the vendor.img from the stock restore thread will fix the aliex screen issues and

Posted Images

4 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

i have problem with something like low respond on swipe

Can you be a bit more specific? Swipe seems to work fine on AICP for me. Could it be something with margins? (under Display settings, Touchscreen settings)

On 3/21/2022 at 10:45 PM, EskeRahn said:

If you do find a clean way to do it on Lineage, then please let us know.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a clean way.  There was one promising tool, called Migrate that I installed but didn't end up using because I wasn't sure I had enough on-device storage and didn't have a blank SD card on hand.  What I did instead was take multiple different backups:

- I set up regular rsync backups of my entire /sdcard directory (this is the internal user storage partiton) to my NAS using the rsync server of my Synology NAS and Syncopoli, including just before the wipe.  This worked great, and I could probably have used it for the whole device storage if I'd run it as root (though the SD card is simpler because I don't have to worry about preserving permissions).  You will need root to back up Android/data or Android/obb, but luckily I didn't have any data there.  This is something I want to do regularly, as I know of people who've lost precious photos when their phone's internal memory chips were fried.

- I have Titanium Backup Pro, which generally works great but in the past restoring SMS/MMS messaging data hasn't worked well with modern devices (I think it restores to /data/data, while modern devices use /data/user_de/0, but more on that later).  Still I took a few backups of critical apps, just in case 

- I used NeoBackup to back up all apps, which is very similar to Titanium Backup.  

- Signal also has its own backup mechanism (without Google services it creates local backups on the /sdcard partition peridically and whenever it's connected to USB), as does andOTP (awesome tool, far nicer than Google Authenticator).  Neither of these apps can be restored through Titanium Backup/NeoBackup.  Just make sure you have access to your 30 digit passphrase (and 4 digit verification pin), else your Signal backup is useless.  I had a momentary freakout because I had no recollection of a passphrase, but thankfully I had saved it somewhere sensible.

In the end NeoBackup did not work as well as I had hoped; the batch restore option failed for every app with some error relating to some read-only file system.  Restoring apps one-by-one frequently gave "directory not found" errors before working after closing and reopening the app.  Finally some data, like all the phone settings, just didn't come back even though it appeared to restore the backup without errors.  Frustratingly, the SMS/MMS storage also didn't restore.  The weird thing is that the files were present in /data/user_de/0, but the messages didn't show up until I restored using TitaniumBackup which restored to /data/data (which I believe is a symlink to /data/user/0).

After that I could have used rsync to reload the /sdcard partition but I just used adb push or direct SFTP from the NAS using Ghost Commander instead.

EDIT: There is one other option built into LineageOS, called SeedVault, that I also didn't use.   I don't think it will help with user storage, nor will it backup apps that opt out.  Plus it doesn't support network devices, unless I set up NextCloud on them.

Edited by Noob
  • Thanks 2

Fastboot flashing procedure went flawless under win10. Unfortunately the phone got stuck in a boot loop, changed the active slot, but still didn't boot. 

Did a EDM flash instead, so now the phone boots up as it should on stock software. 

The reason for flashing my phone was the fix the issue with the touch unresponsive margins on the sides, but this time it didn't work, so I still have that behavior. 

Any idea why?

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, pebert said:

Any idea why?

Are you sure it was the latest version you flashed? The "Build number" in about phone should be ..._20200825...
"EDM", did you mean "EDL"? I have no idea if the EDL flashing acts differently in this aspect.

5 hours ago, pebert said:

Oh, yes, EDL i mean. Pretty close though, M is only one step away from L.

The software I used is dated  2020-07-07 on this page http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/factory.html

I did a check for a OTA system update, but there where none. Isn't that a bit strange?

He he. You lake le maugh,

Sounds odd indeed, It MIGHT be that the endpoint of OTA is no longer answering correctly, I do not know.
You could try a normal adb sideload again with the 20200825 after the EDL, and see if that works.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

As @Rob. S. answered in the other thread, it (unfortunately) is not just an app. The only known method is to flash to stock (wiping everything) and then back to your preferred ROM.

Ah dang, I read this thread here and didn't find that part which said that the apk+firmware files don't work with current ROMs. Okay, as I don't want to reflash, I'll have a look if I can make the screen output smaller.

10 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

Ah dang, I read this thread here and didn't find that part which said that the apk+firmware files don't work with current ROMs. Okay, as I don't want to reflash, I'll have a look if I can make the screen output smaller.

Yes there are tools out there that give you a general margin, not just touch. I do not recall any names though.

On 4/7/2022 at 1:17 AM, EskeRahn said:

He he. You lake le maugh,

Sounds odd indeed, It MIGHT be that the endpoint of OTA is no longer answering correctly, I do not know.
You could try a normal adb sideload again with the 20200825 after the EDL, and see if that works.

Where do I find the latest software? 

And why is the OTA endpoint no longer responding? Is fxtec out of business?

38 minutes ago, pebert said:

Where do I find the latest software? 

And why is the OTA endpoint no longer responding? Is fxtec out of business?

The 20200825 update is linked in the update of first post of this thread:

Here is the direct link to the download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lEc-ummPsamKDWHpoJP6YJcH6IYS4abe/view

I don't know about the OTA service in the stock Android 9 ROM, but I believe it was set up (and the updates were handled by) a contractor that is (I believe) is no longer handling things for FxTec (another reason for no further updates).  They have said the Pro1x updates will be handled by Google OTA, so the Pro1x should fare better.

F(x) Tec has definitely not gone out of business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, pebert said:

How do I preform a adb sideload on that? 

Or do you mean fastboot?

Ah sorry, it isn't offered as a zip for adb. So yes fastboot, as described in the official guide here. (I never tried the process myself, and I do not know how to pack it for adb sideload)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone can help me with the screen update package I'll be grateful. I was foolish enough to install a new screen without visiting the forum and this thread. Turns out the stock OTA updates are not working anymore and now I have a phone with a beautiful new screen that doesn't work (no touch at all!) and I can't solve it. Besides my hardware keyboard stopped working a couple weeks ago, so the only way I can use the phone now is by plugging an external mouse and keyboard... 😪

9 hours ago, agent008 said:

If anyone can help me with the screen update package I'll be grateful. I was foolish enough to install a new screen without visiting the forum and this thread. Turns out the stock OTA updates are not working anymore and now I have a phone with a beautiful new screen that doesn't work (no touch at all!) and I can't solve it. Besides my hardware keyboard stopped working a couple weeks ago, so the only way I can use the phone now is by plugging an external mouse and keyboard... 😪

Hmmm it sounds littlebit hard to remote help you. For me it looks like display touch problem. Because i have not hear about fully not working touch...have you visually checked display unit ?...then all flex cables and connectors?

Here can be problems with touch ... but problems like shifted touch, no touch on edges etc.

about keyboard it looks like hw problem too - was keyboard water spilled?...how about connector? 

...will be needed more informations about your phone

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CornholioGSM said:

Hmmm it sounds littlebit hard to remote help you. For me it looks like display touch problem. Because i have not hear about fully not working touch...have you visually checked display unit ?...then all flex cables and connectors?

Here can be problems with touch ... but problems like shifted touch, no touch on edges etc.

about keyboard it looks like hw problem too - was keyboard water spilled?...how about connector? 

...will be needed more informations about your phone

Thanks for your interest in helping. I can say that the last time I changed the screen (this is the second time now) it was the same. Screen completely unresponsive, 100% not working until the update came through. The problem now is that the OTA provider for the update is not serving the updates anymore!

Therefore -- THIS IS IMPORTANT! @EskeRahn you might want to put this info somewhere very visible. If you are considering a screen replacement right now, don't do it until a way has been figured out to update the screen without the OTA!

I would be very thankful if someone could provide me with the file that has been used in the past to solve this manually (without OTA). My Pro1 is at this moment with the stock firmware installed (as per this post: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2466-guide-restore-to-stock-firmware-using-fastboot-method/ ), waiting for a solution for this. Since stock is Android 9 I believe the manual update package will work.

Thanks everyone so far for your help!

38 minutes ago, raymo said:

It seems SailfishOS community has found a solution here :
https://cassandraasaservice.github.io/#maintenance
But I guess it won't work with LOS.

I have checked and "CONFIG_GTP_AUTO_UPDATE" is not set in config (LOS 18.1)...
...however, as far as I know, SailfishOS also uses stock Android kernel just like how LOS does, so I don't really understand why this option would be enabled under SailfishOS.

However, at least the proper firmware is there and somewhere there should be a solution to access display's firmware...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, agent008 said:

Therefore -- THIS IS IMPORTANT! @EskeRahn you might want to put this info somewhere very visible. If you are considering a screen replacement right now, don't do it until a way has been figured out to update the screen without the OTA!

I'm a little confused here. Why do you need the OTA update? Isn't the issue fixed with flashing newest stock directly? Do it need to be flashing an older version with successive OTA update to be fixed?

• Thanks 1

Anyway, Pro1's touch driver seems to be called "gt1x" and it is an I2C device.
There is a related code at GitHUB which also has an update code.

Also, i2cdetect shows two buses on Pro1, i2c-6 and i2c-7.
In former, there are devices at address 0x28 and 0x58 and in latter, at address 0x08, 0x09 and 0x14 where all devices are seem to be used by a driver except 0x09.

However, based on gt1x_generic.h, I2C address of touch panel should be 0x5D (if that is the same device).
There may be other I2C buses which are not accessible through dev filesystem...

Also, i2c-7 has an owner of system.audio

Edited by VaZso