PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

1 hour ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

I would like to ask about sending/receiving MMS when 'mobile data' is disabled - is it possible in LOS17.1? Am I missing something?

Just tried, and as I expected, the answer was: no.
Sorry: I tested on AICP-Q not official 17.1

2 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

It is.

There is however an option to enable mobile data temoporarily just to send/receive MMS without user intervention. It worked this way in Motorola stock.

Was there something like

config_enable_mms_with_mobile_data_off

in LineageOS?

That is a nice option for people with limited data.  As these days apps just assume they can use it when it turns on.

7 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

There is a similar pop-up in LineageOS 17.1 but I did not find the option to enable it. So I wonder if I am missing something

I think then this maybe a bug.  @tdm do you think so?

Edited by _DW_

Since upgrading to 17.1 I have got this weird issue with smart lock. When the screen turns off, smart lock immediately turns the screen back on to full brightness. It does not matter if the screen turns off because of timeout or because I use the power button.

Expected behaviour would be: Timeout or power button turn off the screen and the screen stays off. Hitting the power button later then turns the screen back on and not showing the lock screen.

I don't know if this issue is specific to this ROM, but i have been unable to find anything about this issue anywhere else. It used to work as expected on 16. I also experimented with both Trust-related settings in the developer menu, without any success.

Thanks for the great ROM, anything else works perfectly for me!

On 12/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, fxtec11 said:

Since upgrading to 17.1 I have got this weird issue with smart lock. When the screen turns off, smart lock immediately turns the screen back on to full brightness. It does not matter if the screen turns off because of timeout or because I use the power button.

Expected behaviour would be: Timeout or power button turn off the screen and the screen stays off. Hitting the power button later then turns the screen back on and not showing the lock screen.

I don't know if this issue is specific to this ROM, but i have been unable to find anything about this issue anywhere else. It used to work as expected on 16. I also experimented with both Trust-related settings in the developer menu, without any success.

Thanks for the great ROM, anything else works perfectly for me!

Me too. I also have to manually switch off the screen after plugging in. There is some sort of screensaver option with settings for docked, plugged in, etc but this has no effect.

Well done on what must be extremely hard work looking after putting Lineage OS but every day on this phone I think how shockingly messy Android is. 

• 2 weeks later...

(lineage-17.1-20210104-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on December 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA)

After my first 17.1 update, my EdXposed modules are deactivated.
Then I have to flash magisk module again (FYI).

Edited by TeZtdevice
  • Thanks 1

My fellow clackers, has anyone tested if 17.1 supports HD-media over Bluetooth? This should also be visible under DevOps Bluetooth settings by the way. If it's greyed out, it's not supported. 
I'm running 18 and it's greyed out. LoS 16 supported it, hence my question...

Screenshot_20210107-233353_Settings.png

Edited by DieBruine
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion