Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

I am new to the forum, I have been a b/hacker of PinePhone since their first shipments in 2019 and have been sailing many different OSes and have been almost to a Daily Driver quality (at least with Manjaro Phosh) status twice.  I would like to get a more robust phone that supports Linux, which I see as this one - however I am seeing people in the forum and around the net that have been backers for years and have never received their phone/computer.  On the main page it states that shipping would be in September (very soon) but is there any assurances that if I were to pre-order now it would be in the September shippment when there are still many on the planet without for years?  Seems strange and almost shady.  Anyone have advice?  Thanks in advance.  I do not mean to disrespect, just really curious.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ThongSong7 said:

I would like to get a more robust phone that supports Linux, which I see as this one - however I am seeing people in the forum and around the net that have been backers for years and have never received their phone/computer.

All the news we have are about f(x)tec (slowly) working through existing (pre-)orders that have in part been pending for several years. This should not prevent you from ordering a Pro1-X. As far as we know, f(x)tec finally always delivers. However, you should not count on getting you phone very soon.

Also note that the Pro1 and Pro1-X do not "support" Linux in the way the PinePhone does. While some progress in mainlining the original Pro1 (the SD-835 variant) has been made, all existing GNU/Linux OSes for the Pro1/Pro1X that can at least remotely qualify as daily-drivers (SailfishOS, UbuntuTouch, Droidian) rely on wrapping around Android using libhybris.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
41 minutes ago, Acurus said:

13 days ago, fixtec informed, they stopped shipping. And now? Are there any new informations?

This is a user to user forum.  Any new information will come through updates on IGG, which then gets posted here by one of the folks frequenting this forum. 🙂

• Thanks 2
22 hours ago, Hook said:

This is a user to user forum.  Any new information will come through updates on IGG, which then gets posted here by one of the folks frequenting this forum. 🙂

This is an official Fxtec-Forum. And here is the production thread. I did not buy my phone via IGG. Therefore I asked here in the right place. Possibly somebody has some new informations about that, what is going on since some weeks. Today is day 14 since Fxtec declared, they stopped shipping. They declared, they finished the production of batch 1 and 2 (what ever this exactly mean). They sent some phones out. The rest is in the "warehouse". And since weeks nothing happend. This situation is very unsatisfactory, I ordered in May 2020 ...

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Acurus said:

This is an official Fxtec-Forum. And here is the production thread. I did not buy my phone via IGG. Therefore I asked here in the right place. Possibly somebody has some new informations about that, what is going on since some weeks. Today is day 14 since Fxtec declared, they stopped shipping. They declared, they finished the production of batch 1 and 2 (what ever this exactly mean). They sent some phones out. The rest is in the "warehouse". And since weeks nothing happend. This situation is very unsatisfactory, I ordered in May 2020 ...

I doubt anyone of us has further information about anything happens in the background - we are also waiting for an official information.

What @Hook has tried to tell this forum was created for communication between users and official staff may not necessarily reading threads here, however, they wrote in this forum time to time.
Basically this thread was initiated independently of official staff as a user to user base of information sharing about production and delivery.

What I can say is they have really started delivery (I have already received my Pro1X).

I hope they will write an update soon then we may know further information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Acurus said:

... I did not buy my phone via IGG. Therefore I asked here in the right place. .....

.... They sent some phones out. The rest is in the "warehouse". ....

....I ordered in May 2020 ...

Regardless of whether you think this is the right place or not, the latest info from Fx-tec usually is found on IGG and reposted here within days if not hours.  In the past "operational delay" has often meant some delay due to a COVID lockdown.  As far as your ordering date, reports are that it does not seem to matter if you ordered from the site or participated in the IGG campaign as to when your phone will ship out.  As near as we (or at least I) can tell from posts of those whom have received their phone, no one has been able to figure out the shipment order (maybe I missed it).  Asking here won't give you any answers that the rest of are also waiting on.  All of us have anticipated delivery for a while, some longer than you.  We get your frustration.   But sometimes that is just how life goes.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Acurus said:

Yes, the situation definitely is unsatisfactory. Personally, while I'm in the comfortable position of already owning a (battered but still mostly functional) Pro1 and a shiny new Pro1X (backed on IGG October 2020), I'm also still waiting for my September 2019 Pro1 website order (later changed to Pro1X) to be fulfilled.

I can report, though, that three weeks ago (production updates usually come once a month, more frequently only if significant things are happening in between) I requested some information, and while they didn't give me any specific dates, they assured me that the order definitely is in queue. It seems that on the Chinese side of their operation the order of shipping did become a bit mixed up. 

I guess we need just a little bit more patience. If something changes, someone will post it here.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, namikiri said:

Hello everyone!

Is there even a small chance that my ticket #16243 will be attended and replied? I've filed it a week ago and asked Fxtec team if I can change the delivery address as they can experience troubles with sending my Pro1 X to Russia.

Thank you.

This is a user-to-user forum, so the chance that your message is spotted by staff here is slim to none. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, namikiri said:

Hello everyone!

Is there even a small chance that my ticket #16243 will be attended and replied? I've filed it a week ago and asked Fxtec team if I can change the delivery address as they can experience troubles with sending my Pro1 X to Russia.

Thank you.

One week is a short time. They are a very small shop and are probably getting a high volume of email right now.   Hopefully they will get to you. 

I would guess shipping to Russia from HK won't be too troublesome, but I would imagine if there were specific problems with that, they would contact their Russian backers-- However, I am not knowledgeable on this, just guessing.

• Like 2

September update:

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest updates! 

As mentioned in our previous update shipping is temporarily on hold - we are deeply sorry for these delays!

We have spent the last few weeks working through some contractual issues that have come up with our shipping partners in Hong Kong. This has unfortunately impacted the operations and logistics of all orders which were scheduled to leave the warehouse last month. 

The most realistic estimate we can provide for shipping and delivery is December 2022. Whilst we understand that this is not ideal, we are working on getting things back on track much sooner than this. Our team is looking for creative solutions to speed up the delivery dates and until then we will keep you in the loop with any supply chain updates. 

In the meantime, for those of you that have requested to change your shipping address or any other personal information - our support team is on hand to assist with any updates. You can reach us at [email protected] for any additional questions related to your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support.

Thank you for your support and patience!  

Team Fxtec 🙂

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Hook said:

September update:

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest updates! 

As mentioned in our previous update shipping is temporarily on hold - we are deeply sorry for these delays!

We have spent the last few weeks working through some contractual issues that have come up with our shipping partners in Hong Kong. This has unfortunately impacted the operations and logistics of all orders which were scheduled to leave the warehouse last month. 

The most realistic estimate we can provide for shipping and delivery is December 2022. Whilst we understand that this is not ideal, we are working on getting things back on track much sooner than this. Our team is looking for creative solutions to speed up the delivery dates and until then we will keep you in the loop with any supply chain updates. 

In the meantime, for those of you that have requested to change your shipping address or any other personal information - our support team is on hand to assist with any updates. You can reach us at [email protected] for any additional questions related to your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support.

Thank you for your support and patience!  

Team Fxtec 🙂

Wow... They keep being attacked and attacked and things keep not working out for them! Wow...

I really really commend their perseverance!

Edited by brunoais
  • Like 6

Oh my... December? It's quite a change in tune from "it will ship next week".

I hope people at FxTec are getting better at estimates, rather than spitballing the December 2022 date which then might turn into March 2023.

I've been supportive of FxTec's struggles and endeavour to make a grat phone but with my Pro1 turned into a paper weight (for now at least) and my replacement phone showing signs it might soon give up the ghost... I'm utterly disapointed.

I'm trying to find solace in the reasoning that since they changed the estimates from "next week" to December, they might have understood the idea that it's better to put out realistic estimates rather than just keep the cliffhanger announcements. Time will tell if this hope of mine is founded or unfounded...

• Like 3

F(x)tec communication at its best ... 🙂 

"Contractual issues" with their partners that lead to a 4-month-delay? With their tradition to underestimate delays by a factor 2 to 3? That's asking for the wildest speculations ... Here are mine:

Option 1: The logistics partners suddenly want more money due to prices skyrocketing because of the ongoing crisis. F(x)tec can't pay more so they insist on fulfilment of the existing contract. Parter refuses and stops all activity, witholding the phones. They need to take it to court.

Option 2: The entire batches 1 and 2 have "disappeared" from the warehouse. Maybe stolen to be grey-marketed. Now they need to get the money back from some insurance company and re-manufacture all those phones.

Option 3: The "contractual issues" and the long delay have nothing to do with each other. Rather, they realised the radio problems, discovered when the first devices went into the wild, cannot be resolved by firmware updates after all. So they hold back all devices not yet shipped to apply hardware fixes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
37 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Rather, they realised the radio problems, discovered when the first devices went into the wild, cannot be resolved by firmware updates after all. So they hold back all devices not yet shipped to apply hardware fixes.

Well, of all 3 scenarios you put forth this would be the best one. Meaning we might get a fixed version. Oh man. Everyone has limits. I am pushing mine further away in hopes that the outcome will be a good one.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Fxtecish said:

Have not got any update mails anymore. Would have liked to get news.

Yes, here too.  Luckliy someone usually gets the updates posted here.  I check into IGG once a week (largely ignoring the comments section, lol,) Don't where the email notifications are broken, but looks like they are.

• Like 1

Looks like I don't get any more IGG updates through email, either, but that's easily explained by my IGG order (except for the spare battery) having been fulfilled in the meantime, other than my earlier Pro1 website order. Updates for website orderers have traditionally been less frequent...