Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On 10/20/2022 at 1:15 AM, sweetcortex said:

Shall I get out my tiny violin?

Well if you pulled out the violin from your ear, you might be able to hear what @mv and others told you already:

• Yes, the company is far from perfect.
  • Yes, the device is far from perfect.
  • Investments in a project involves risks, potentially loosing the invested money.
  • Yes, we understand that you, among others, are unhappy with your investments.
  • Yet we are some that ARE positive to the project and hope to get the Pro1X (and a few already got it)

Whether you are able to comprehend that others feels different than you is another question. If you are not, it is a matter for a therapist and not for repeated posting of the same here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, sweetcortex said:

The Astro slide people are paying me for stating the facts (trolling)👍😂😂

Get off the drink. It's ruining your brain.

An english dictionary would be helpful to you too. Read both "subjectivity" and "objectivity". Maybe that can guide you to enlightenment. If not enough, then... You are beyond help and none of us can help you.

• Like 3

Really folks, the ignore function works really nicely with trolls. Also, feel free to not quote him when replying. Your comments need no reply context in this case. 😄

• Like 3

Okay I agree with @Hook, I had my fun, but now it just starts to get personal. I would advise all of us, to not continue that. Else outsiders may indeed see a fanboy vs critic fight here (even though it is soooo stupid, it is hard to get that one wrong).

Time to move on and think about dealing with him in other ways. I would advise the following steps:

1. Not getting personal at all anymore, just correct his wrong facts.
2. Remove personal insults from him if needed, but leave his "facts".
3. Ignore everything else.

So he can still submit any criticism to the phone, he can't say he got censored, but this won't blow up into a bunch of angry people.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Hook said:

Really folks, the ignore function works really nicely with trolls. Also, feel free to not quote him when replying. Your comments need no reply context in this case. 😄

That's better. 

Thanks Hook

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well I got it from Expansys, and has added voting options here... 45% surcharges, €530 in total.

Here in the US, $338 for phone plus $15 shipping.  No any other fees, even after my uncharacteristic paperwork snafu with customs. 😉  It has already been sent off to my friend.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Hook said:

Here in the US, $338 for phone plus $15 shipping.  No any other fees, even after my uncharacteristic paperwork snafu with customs. 😉  It has already been sent off to my friend.

Thank you, Hook!  That's the confirmation I needed to pull the trigger, myself.  FX-Tec has until I have my half-price phone in my hands before I cancel my pre-order.  After all this time things might work out well for me after all!  A year and a half wait for half off...  I've done worse for less!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MrPib said:

YIKES!!!  Who hits you up for that?  Expansys or the shipper?

Both, HK$2649 for the Pro1X, HK$450 charged by expensys for shipping to other than US and China, and €102 in customs and fees collected by the shipper...
At the least they did not declare the exorbitant shipping, so I was not slapped customs&tax on top of that....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Both, HK$2649 for the Pro1X, HK$450 charged by expensys for shipping to other than US and China, and €102 in customs and fees collected by the shipper...
At the least they did not declare the exorbitant shipping, so I was not slapped customs&tax on top of that....

I got my costums and tax bill up front €111,00

Hkd 2769 for the phone and 550 extra for shipping outside of region.

Edited by Stucadoor2
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

I got my costums and tax bill up front €111,00

Hkd 2769 for the phone and 550 extra for shipping outside of region.

Even more expensive shipping and customs than mine, though in the same ball park.

10 minutes ago, raymo said:

I have not understand all things here, but should it means that indiegogo perks are money lost ?
Or should I expect a new pro1-x in 2023 ? (...wich would be ok for me)

You're not alone - no-one knows what's going on!

The last update didn't say the stock was stolen so we have to assume Expansys bought some to sell and our phones are sitting on a pallet waiting for December when the faries are going to start shipping them.

Edited by suicidal_orange
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

You're not alone - no-one knows what's going on!

The last update didn't say the stock was stolen so we have to assume Expansys bought some to sell and our phones are sitting on a pallet waiting for December when the faries are going to start shipping them.

It may also happen Expansys bought some of them and as they were the shipping company and they have received these phones, they have started to sell out them while F(x)tec tried to negotiate the shipping of the rest.

...or there is really a grey / legal way for Expansys to sell out devices supposed to go for IGG backers (and existence of this possibility was unknown for F(x)tec or it was discussed prior sending devices for shipping) and that case a really long time for finding a solution may also be an initiation of a new manufacturing run by F(x)tec of these orders... and they may thought an earlier possible solution would be based on a compromise like buying all devices from Expansys at a "discounted price" then initiate a shipping of them again.

As Expansys sells these devices at a lower price, I may assume these devices are sold close to its price they paid to F(x)tec or they are really selling devices they had to deliver instead of selling.

The above are only assumptions and opinions as there is no official or unofficial information known.

• Thanks 3

That was quick. Got my Expansys order yesterday (Pro1 X blue 8/256 GB QWERTY), switched it on and off again without going through the install. Looks good! Can't say when I will have time to do something with it, though.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Haven't unboxed yet, so let's see this was worth it ...

Mine looks fine too. Only issue I found so far is the known problem with the right speaker making just clicking noise at lower amplitudes ... let's see how that will evolve in my case ...

Expansys even included a separate travel adapter for German AC wall sockets -- probably not knowing that the bundled charger from F(x)tec already includes a euro-type adapter plug (among others). Funny, but it also shows that they are somewhat serious about customer experience.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
On 10/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, EskeRahn said:

(got it, €102 in customs, on top of the €428 incl shipping, so €530 in total)

Hmm... My total was 406.33 € (from HK$3099 incl. shipping, payed by credit card) + 8.09 € (VISA foreign currency surcharge) + 79.61 € (customs/import duties) = 494,03 €.

• Like 1