Jump to content

Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, sequestris said:

I got a text message (not email) so I don't know who it came from, but it said:

"Listen Maya it's not like we never made the devices or tried to get them to you, but things are out of our control right now. They are taking them from the warehouse, inventory is a hot mess, we don't know who has what and we are seeing them pop up on other sites for way less and we can't stop it. We owe these people money and they don't want to wait to let us get things together. Indiego is a pyramid scheme and we never pretended it was different. We just thought things would go differently and we would be able to pull it out. But you got your refund and so will anyone who does what you did. Sadly we cannot stop that either but it's just more money we don't have to ship things. I do not blame you but it sucks for us."

What an odd, and oddly personal, text, especially to be anonymous.  It may be quite accurate, but seems to be from the perspective of a lower down employee panicking as they get inundated with complaining emails.  The oddest comment is the one about IGG being a pyramid scheme... it would only be a pyramid scheme if it promised a product (which would require new sales to pay for old orders), which it explicitly does not.  Requiring funds from other sources because your logistics contractor changed the terms of the contract does not make it a pyramid scheme.  Lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

In a casual conversation in Discord today, while helping someone with a battery problem, Casey provided some information on the shipping situation. Hopefully that means there will be  an update soon, 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Hook said:

It may be quite accurate, but seems to be from the perspective of a lower down employee panicking as they get inundated with complaining emails.

It does confirm what I wrote above almost to the letter, even including the words "out of control" and "mess". And I have no behind-the-scenes insight. So, yes, I think this is a quite realistic picture of the situation.

22 minutes ago, Hook said:

about IGG being a pyramid scheme...

Maybe it could be classified a pyramid scheme in the sense that IGG earn their income from companies running their campaigns through them, with many of these campaigns failing, backers and/or companies loosing their money, and with only IGG themselves making profit in the end.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sequestris said:

I got a text message (not email) so I don't know who it came from, but it said:

"Listen Maya it's not like we never made the devices or tried to get them to you, but things are out of our control right now. They are taking them from the warehouse, inventory is a hot mess, we don't know who has what and we are seeing them pop up on other sites for way less and we can't stop it. We owe these people money and they don't want to wait to let us get things together. Indiego is a pyramid scheme and we never pretended it was different. We just thought things would go differently and we would be able to pull it out. But you got your refund and so will anyone who does what you did. Sadly we cannot stop that either but it's just more money we don't have to ship things. I do not blame you but it sucks for us."

Yeah, this isn't from us... Confirmed with our support team and even Liangchen, this isn't how we respond to customers, and definitely not via text message. Please ignore.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Maybe it could be classified a pyramid scheme in the sense that IGG earn their income from companies running their campaigns through them, with many of these campaigns failing, backers and/or companies loosing their money, and with only IGG themselves making profit in the end.

Sorry, no.  IGG is a platform that provides a service. That's like saying, when your website business fails, the company that hosted the website and made money off you is a pyramid scheme. 🙄

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Things are not under control. Name that situation what you want. I call it a mess.

When money are owed without an agreement on how to pay the debt, things do get chaotic, as it could seem rather arbitrary what order the creditors gets serviced. So I do not disagree.

But at the least there is a known source of funding that drip in, though we obviously could all wish they had funds to finish the project faster.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hook said:

The oddest comment is the one about IGG being a pyramid scheme... it would only be a pyramid scheme if it promised a product (which would require new sales to pay for old orders), which it explicitly does not

While I still don't see any evidence that Fxtec would have done so—not even the anonymous text message author provides something like that—IGG has indeed been abused before for something similar to a pyramid scheme, and I think their terms and conditions make it easier than, say, Kickstarter.

Those of us who are a bit into photography might know the brand name 'Meyer Optik Görlitz', the name of a traditional German lens manufacturer whose origins are in the late 19th century. While they were quite productive under different names and in different cooperations in East Germany's GDR era, their remains disappeared in 1991 (like a lot of East German photographic history, by the way, after the annexation to West Germany). Years later, in 2014, a German company named net SE somehow acquired the brand name and tried to revive it. At first, they just rebranded cheap Chinese and Russian lenses and sold them with a ridiculous premium as 'Meyer Optik Görlitz' lenses "Made in Germany" (later claiming they had been buying only the parts and assembling them in Germany). Then they actually started their own production line of rebuilt classic Meyer designs, rather simple ones, slightly modernized, most notably the 'Trioplan'. (Funny thing is, until today, no one really knows where the manufacturing site was.) And they added more. At first, they introduced new lens designs on Kickstarter. Later, they moved over to Indiegogo. At least back then, contrary to Kickstarter, it was possible on Indiegogo to introduce new products before the old ones were actually delivered. Even though they called ridiculous prices for those lenses, the company wasn't profitable. At some point, they were introducing new lenses just to collect money to fund the production of the previous ones. In 2018, they folded, after they had to admit that most orders could not be fulfilled anymore. (Later in 2018, a respectable, small German optics firm bought the remains including the brand name and restarted the production of improved genuine Meyer lens designs, and it seem's they're still doing well.)  

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, this isn't from us... Confirmed with our support team and even Liangchen, this isn't how we respond to customers, and definitely not via text message. Please ignore.

Thanks Casey. I have never gotten any other communication via test - always via email and never anything like this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hook said:

What an odd, and oddly personal, text, especially to be anonymous.  It may be quite accurate, but seems to be from the perspective of a lower down employee panicking as they get inundated with complaining emails.  The oddest comment is the one about IGG being a pyramid scheme... it would only be a pyramid scheme if it promised a product (which would require new sales to pay for old orders), which it explicitly does not.  Requiring funds from other sources because your logistics contractor changed the terms of the contract does not make it a pyramid scheme.  Lol.

I agree. And I was surprised that someone sent that via text and not email. I don't have any disrespect for fxtec and don't think that they would intentionally scam customers. I think whomever sent it doesn't realize I have always been a staunch supporter of the company and the staff. The situation  - whatever it is or is not - is unfortunate, but I don't believe it is any kind of scheme.

I would really like to know who got my cell # to send me that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sequestris said:

I would really like to know who got my cell # to send me that.

What is funny is, whoever obtained your cell number, the message itself almost sounds like it was written by one of these AIs... sort of real sounding but also off the mark in many ways.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sequestris said:

I would really like to know who got my cell # to send me that.

I believe that if people really want to identify you (or many others in here), it would not be that hard to do so by the personal stuff posted&linked, e.g. youtube, and from that I guess they found your number.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I believe that if people really want to identify you (or many others in here), it would not be that hard to do so by the personal stuff posted&linked, e.g. youtube, and from that I guess they found your number.

True dat

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got an email from support. I had asked why my contribution number was so high at 1528 since I contributed in November of 2020. They didn't exactly answer but they said they would be shipping in bigger and bigger batches and more frequently.Screenshot_20230404_122417_Gmail.thumb.jpg.a6f5c63311fc9ea05f6cc63809b51ce1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BCole77 said:

I had asked why my contribution number was so high at 1528 since I contributed in November of 2020

The campaign was opened in October (My contribution is From October 27) And I bet that a large portion came within a few days (to benefit from the early offers), so depending on when in November you joined, 1528 do not have to be a high number.

(And not all numbers are equal to a perk for a phone. Spare parts, and failed or cancelled orders 'burns' a number - on previous campaign I have had problems with IGG accepting the payment, and that is not uncommon that an order fails this way, and we have to try again)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, steff said:

The products on the new fxtec website are different products than the IGG products. Again i think it is scam.

The new FxTec front page is not fake.  Their Linxdot business has been going on for some time, is successful, and is likely how they are paying to get our Pro1xs to us.

The additional IGG campaigns are clearly fake.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Acurus said:

Where is the link to my account on the new website? I have bookmarked the link to the old site and this link still works. But on the new website is nothing.

The new website is actually a new front page.  If you click the "Explore Pro 1 and Pro1x" link it takes you to the old part of the site and you can get to your account there, or just click the shop link at the top of this forum.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

New update:
 

Quote

 

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Shipping

We want to inform you about the latest updates on your contributions. We're currently shipping out Contribution IDs ranging from 481 to 1740, which include 6/128GB QWERTY and 8/256GB QWERTY.

Additionally, we're also pleased to share that we're working on fulfilling a big order. We're making significant progress and anticipate shipping this order soon. We will keep you informed of further updates.

OS developments

The official LineageOS 20 for Pro1-X is finally here and will be available this upcoming Thursday! You will be able to find the official build and flashing manual on the LineageOS website -

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/

We understand that many of you have been eagerly waiting for the release of this official build, and we are excited to finally be able to provide it for you! With LineageOS 20, you can expect improved performance, new features, and bug fixes to enhance your Pro1-X experience.

We hope that you find this news as exciting as we do, and we look forward to seeing what you do with the new build. 

sfqpsm4j6rfhie6lfniw.png

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Team Fxtec

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, someone listened and now there is crucial information directly in the first paragraph:

Quote

We're currently shipping out Contribution IDs ranging from 481 to 1740, which include 6/128GB QWERTY and 8/256GB QWERTY.

It certainly feels like QWERTZ is once again in low supply. But hey, last time they've ended up upgrading my Pro1 order to a Pro1x, who knows, maybe I'll get upgraded to a Pro2 in a couple of years.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms