Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, KaKi87 said:

Does it mean that contribution IDs ranging from 568 to 1126 (previous announcement) have all been shipped ?

Also, what about website orders ?

We are a user-to-user forum, so we don't know.  I would guess that the first paragraph means they have expanded the range of units slowly shipping but it doesn't mean all of the previous range has shipped yet. 

I'm hoping the second paragraph means they have found a way to ship a much larger batch more quickly and are hoping to accomplish that soon, but I don't know.   That was what was supposed too happen back in August, before they ran into the contract problems.

9 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Apparently, someone listened and now there is crucial information directly in the first paragraph:

It certainly feels like QWERTZ is once again in low supply. But hey, last time they've ended up upgrading my Pro1 order to a Pro1x, who knows, maybe I'll get upgraded to a Pro2 in a couple of years.

Or they just sent you QWERTY.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 6:35 PM, KaKi87 said:

Does it mean that contribution IDs ranging from 568 to 1126 (previous announcement) have all been shipped ?

Also, what about website orders ?

I've ordered through the website. My order has been set to completed after about 3 years of being in processing, so I presume that means it is shipping now. So I would say that means they are indeed shipping website orders.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Fenn said:

I've ordered through the website. My order has been set to completed after about 3 years of being in processing, so I presume that means it is shipping now. So I would say that means they are indeed shipping website orders.

Thanks for the info. I have checked my status: "still processing". 
My order date: 2020-05-30.

5 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Does anyone have any idea how many Pro1x have been delivered? I am curious how many of those with a Pro1x are having issues with reception.

Is a new topic/ poll allowed?

Certainly allowed, but skeptical we will get much out of it. There are just too few of us regularly on this forum.   

• Like 2
On 4/28/2023 at 12:38 PM, Fenn said:

Me too, on the last monday I recived the same e-mail after a little more than 3 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Certainly allowed, but sceptical we will get much out of it. There are just too few of us regularly on this forum.   

Yeah, I was way to optimistic putting the polls up late summer....

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 12:38 PM, Fenn said:

Good for you! For the record: mine is still "Processing", having ordered November 2019. However, like said before, QWERTZ phones do not seem to enjoy any kind of priority, either before nor now.

• Sad 2
18 hours ago, ScottB said:

Does anybody know when the phones will be available for sale? The website still says March 2023.

No, we don't. What we do know is that F(x)tec have been struggling to fulfill the pending orders and IGG perks for the better part of a year, and the situation does not seem to clear up. The phone might eventually become reavailable for purchase from their web store, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

That being said, quite a few phones have been delivered (though mostly not by F(x)tec), and unboxed-but-unused Pro1-Xs pop up on ebay all the time. So it shouldn't be that hard to get one if you really want it.

Then again, you might ask yourself why the Pro1-X is easily available on the secondhand market, while the much older Pro1 isn't ... 🤔

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Then again, you might ask yourself why the Pro1-X is easily available on the secondhand market, while the much older Pro1 isn't ... 🤔

Because the Pro1, after 3 years, has none of the problems that the Pro1x does. It just works as advertised.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sequestris said:

Because the Pro1, after 3 years, has none of the problems that the Pro1x does. It just works as advertised.

Though it did take a couple of software updates to reach that state, and there still are issues that will never be fixed. But luckily for my they are not crucial for my usage.

Whether the known issues with the Pro1X can/will be fixed by updates we do not really know. But in the current state where they struggle to even deliver I do not have my hopes up high for large software updates - Obviously I hope to be proven to be too pessimistic here...

• Sad 1
On 5/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, claude0001 said:

It's hardly a difficult question to answer! It's how I finally got one .. & the connectivity issues mean I've given up trying to use it 😪

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, Stucadoor2 said:

On april 24 I received an email my order was complete, yet 3 weeks later I have seen no phone, nor has customs contacted me.

Is this a dead end ?

Hard to say. I have a small "express" parcel (smart watch bought April 26) that according to tracking was sent from Shenzen April 27, After a week(!) it had reached Shanghai, and it have been stuck in France since May 4, and that is AFTER it was cleared by customs. So much for "express"...

Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Shipment status: Transit
Details:
2023-05-04  07:59:27,清关开始 ARRIVED AT CUSTOMS,Liège
2023-05-04  07:56:44,清关完成 CLEARED BY CUSTOMS,Liège
2023-05-03  18:45:20,离开转运中心 DEPARTED FROM FACILITY,SHANGHAI
2023-05-02  04:52:00,航班起飞 DEPARTED ON OUTBOUND FLIGHT,Hong Kong
2023-04-30  02:54:16,离开转运中心 DEPARTED FROM FACILITY,SHANGHAI
2023-04-29  23:25:00,等待航班离境 Scheduled to Take off,Shenzhen
2023-04-29  22:50:00,到达转运中心 PROCESSED AT FACILITY,SHANGHAI
2023-04-29  18:52:43,出口清关交航中 Export Custom Clearance Processing and Flight Booking,Shenzhen
2023-04-29  13:41:54,货物中转交航 In Transit to Export Port,Shenzhen
2023-04-28  12:08:45,承运商已取件 Pickup Scan,Shenzhen
2023-04-28  11:36:21,已出库待提取 Departed Warehouse,Shenzhen
2023-04-27  17:08:31,待发件方确认 Await Release from Sender,Shenzhen
2023-04-27  16:36:25,仓内货物查验 Inspection by Warehouse,Shenzhen
2023-04-27  16:31:32,仓库收到包裹 Arrived at Warehouse,Shenzhen
======================================