Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

Hello all, after 3 years I have received my phone, ordered January 2020. I received an email saying that my order was completed, before that, I filed to be reimbursed. No tracking number were provided, just an email saying my order was completed. I received the email about 2-3 weeks ago, I’m also located in New Jersey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

Latest update on IGG (here)

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
May 16, 2023 • 12:33PM
1 hour ago
Pro1-X - May Update

mqdgoa1ovi5w4e4fe6wq.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Shipping

We are still working on resolving to ship all Pro1-X, and we are now in the process of transitioning our stock from our current shipping partner in Hong Kong to a new logistics partner who will be responsible for fulfilling the devices to all our customers.

We hope this process will move along quickly to ensure everyone will receive their devices in the next month.

OS developments

We hope you are having an enhanced experience with your Pro1-X and enjoying LineageOS 20, with improved performance, new features, and bug fixes.

If you are experiencing any issues, please feel free to comment on the XDS form - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-20-for-pro1-x.4543997/page-6#post-88464497

Finally, our dedicated support team is available to help you with any further inquiries regarding your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support. Feel free to contact us at info at fxtec.com

Thank you for your support and patience!  

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, VaZso said:

OS developments

We hope you are having an enhanced experience with your Pro1-X and enjoying LineageOS 20, with improved performance, new features, and bug fixes.

It's really hard to interpret those lines differently than that further development of stock Android (on which all alternative OS's rely on in the end!) is essentially off the table. Bad news for anyone who hoped for updated driver modules or firmwares that would fix network reliability issues.

This is the second month in a row with no news whatsoever on in-house software development or bug-fixing (after we've been in "the final sprint" for an OTA since November or so). Do not get me wrong: Yes, it's great that we have LOS 20.0. But that's a community effort. In my understanding, F(x)tec has as much to do with LOS 20 for the Pro1-X than Google has with the respective ports for the Pixels ... Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, claude0001 said:

It's really hard to interpret those lines differently than that further development of stock Android (on which all alternative OS's rely on in the end!) is essentially off the table. Bad news for anyone who hoped for updated driver modules or firmwares that would fix network reliability issues.

Right, and we really need the "stable version" of stock OS which has all basic functions working.

Maybe we don't really need google certification (correct me if I am wrong) which is one of the most expensive part of the process but we need improved kernel modules / firmwares to make Pro1X a usable phone.

Basically, Pro1 works really well using LineageOS and I would be happy to have a similar state of Pro1X - I don't need stock Android but without updated modules / firmware, this phone will not have 100% functionality and only F(x)tec has chance to improve these parts.

• Like 1

Agree with you, I haven't received the pro1x yet but I'm afraid about reported connectivity problems, especially if it means hardware or firmware problem.
I'm not very interested in a keyboarded brick, wich means I will have to dismantle it completely to see what happens. Without guarantee but for the sake.

• Like 1

I received a phone today, a phone, not the phone I ordered and paid extra for to upgrade it.

I received a black qwerty 6gb ram 128gb rom, while I ordered and paid extra for a Sapphire blue 8gb Ram 256gb Rom.

I haven't opened it, send an email to fxtec and await their response.

After 3 years I finally got the wrong phone....

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, Stucadoor2 said:

I received a phone today, a phone, not the phone I ordered and paid extra for to upgrade it.

I received a black qwerty 6gb ram 128gb rom, while I ordered and paid extra for a Sapphire blue 8gb Ram 256gb Rom.

That really doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.  Still waiting in my case, I guess I'll wait longer and be less surprised should the wrong one show up.

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, Stucadoor2 said:

I would open the box and double check.  They are using the old Pro1 boxes and, yes, mine had the right label sticker identifying it as a blue 8/256. But I wouldn't be sure that couldn't get mixed up.  Opening the box won't affect being able to return it, and maybe when it turns out to really be a black 6/128 it will be doubly disappointing, but with the shipping chaos, I would want to check. Wrong phone or wrong box?

• Like 2

I have just recived me phone, ordered th 4 of march 2020.

I ordered for an pro1 and i ask to changed for an AZERTY pro1X, but i recived a QWERTY ...

for me that's right, i have a real physical keyboard

• Like 1
4 hours ago, atarunomiko said:

Purchased 2 units on April 19, 2022 but still waiting for delivery.

If there's already a thread for this please feel free to move this or point me to it. Thanks!

Unfortunately many are still waiting, some that bought years before you...

• Thanks 2
On 5/20/2023 at 5:05 AM, Hook said:

I would open the box and double check.  They are using the old Pro1 boxes and, yes, mine had the right label sticker identifying it as a blue 8/256. But I wouldn't be sure that couldn't get mixed up.  Opening the box won't affect being able to return it, and maybe when it turns out to really be a black 6/128 it will be doubly disappointing, but with the shipping chaos, I would want to check. Wrong phone or wrong box?

I opened the box and as it says on the back and on the shipping slip it's a black 6/128.

So it's not the updated one I ordered and paid extra for.

• Sad 4
8 hours ago, Stucadoor2 said:

I opened the box and as it says on the back and on the shipping slip it's a black 6/128.

So it's not the updated one I ordered and paid extra for.

Yeah everyone who actually spent more on that project by purchasing the extras is bound to be extra disappointed instead. I'm pretty sure they have no plan to deliver the spare parts for instance.

Edited by Slion
2 hours ago, Slion said:

Yeah everyone who actually spent more on that project by purchasing the extras is bound to be extra disappointed instead. I'm pretty sure they have no plan to deliver the spare parts for instance.

I wonder they had enough spare parts for fulfillment and warranty or not.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:10 AM, Slion said:

I've been away for years.  Does this mean we won't get the extra batteries/screens ordered and paid for?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, david said:

I've been away for years.  Does this mean we won't get the extra batteries/screens ordered and paid for?

No, I don't think so unless there is a complete collapse, and I don't think there is much evidence for that. I think the parts exist.  They were set to be shipped after the devices were all shipped.  But until the shipping problems are resolved, can't predict any timeline.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hook said:

No, I don't think so unless there is a complete collapse, and I don't think there is much evidence for that. I think the parts exist.  They were set to be shipped after the devices were all shipped.  But until the shipping problems are resolved, can't predict any timeline.

So not all the Pro1X phones have been shipped yet?

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, david said:

So not all the Pro1X phones have been shipped yet?

No.  No one knows for sure all the details, but they are switching shippers from Expansys.  My best guess (and it is just a guess) is that although they had a contract with Expansys to ship, the phones were so late, with prices having been driven up during the pandemic, that Expansys insisted on more money than the contract called for.  We don't know if that was a breech of contract by Expansys or if there was a clause allowing that under "dire circumstances" or whether there was a disagreement on what was allowable. Who knows what the legal challenges are here.

So it will take time.

But, again, I don't have any solid source of information.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hook said:

No.  No one knows for sure all the details, but they are switching shippers from Expansys.  My best guess (and it is just a guess) is that although they had a contract with Expansys to ship, the phones were so late, with prices having been driven up during the pandemic, that Expansys insisted on more money than the contract called for.  We don't know if that was a breech of contract by Expansys or if there was a clause allowing that under "dire circumstances" or whether there was a disagreement on what was allowable. Who knows what the legal challenges are here.

So it will take time.

But, again, I don't have any solid source of information.

That's amazing to me (and I'm sure very frustrating to those waiting for phones) that I've been gone so long, yet all the phones still haven't shipped.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 1:19 PM, Hook said:

I ordered an extra battery on 4/14 and received it on 5/4
So parts do exist.

• Thanks 2
9 hours ago, sequestris said:

I ordered an extra battery on 4/14 and received it on 5/4
So parts do exist.

You are talking about Pro1 parts.  Different than Pro1x parts.  They can't really sell Pro1x parts until they have shipped them to the backers that paid for them.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2023 at 11:30 PM, Hook said:

You are talking about Pro1 parts.  Different than Pro1x parts.  They can't really sell Pro1x parts until they have shipped them to the backers that paid for them.

I know. I'm just saying that they ARE shipping SOMEthing even if it's not a phone :D

• Haha 1

Latest IGG update here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Jun 15, 2023 • 3:41PM
34 minutes ago
Pro1-X - June Update

aywlcxkhe6tzgrryojnd.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Shipping:

Our stock has been relocated from our previous shipping partner Expansy, and the Pro1-X devices have returned to our factory. Currently, we are in the process of coordinating with our logistics company to arrange the shipment of the phones. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated date at the moment. We will keep you informed as soon as we have more information available.

OS Development:

Part of our vision to create a smartphone that grants you full control of which OS to run is to empower the community to explore and customise their mobile experience like never before. We believe in the power of choice and understand that different users have diverse needs and preferences when it comes to their operating systems. 

There’s one particular community-developed OS that we’d like to share with you all today - Droidian, available for both Pro1 and Pro1-X.

Droidian is an alternative OS for smartphones that is based on the popular Linux platform. It is designed to provide users with more control and customisation options for their mobile devices. Droidian allows users to run different versions of Android or even other Linux-based operating systems on their smartphones.

Please note, currently Droidian on the Pro1-X is experimental and some features do not work out of the box. Droidian support for Pro1, on the other hand is more developed and has a smoother user experience. 

Here’s a list of features that work and are still a work in progress for Pro1-X:

Things that work:

• Encryption
  • Calls,
  • SMS
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Sensors
  • Autocorrection
  • Keyboard (including slide detection, backlight, rotation lock)
  • Waydroid (when using an unofficial Android 11 build)
  • Mobile data (stable at times but can be unreliable)

Things that do not work yet:

• Fingerprint sensor
  • MMS
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Video-out

Here are some useful links for Pro1-X on flashing Droidian:

Lastly, we’ve included a couple of pictures to show what Droidian looks like on both Pro1 (Black) and Pro1-X (Sapphire Blue)! - Credits to Kabouik

uu30dtcvuvv5ht5oqg1h.jpg

noiggbqahy7b5e0popaj.jpg

lhvmndwsrowr9xxzdn7p.jpg

Please note that the Pro 1 X parts are not compatible with the Pro 1 model. If you have made a purchase for these parts, we request that you reach out to our support team via email at info at fxtec.com.

• Thanks 2