Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

not just the deckhd, but another phone now?!!? when they cant even finish the previous phone they make another? this is absurd at this point.

Looks like they're making some sort of web3 garbage now:

There's no such thing as "web3", its just the internet. This is all marketing wanketeering. A packet is still a packet, an integer is still an integer. This web3 stuff reeks of nft crypo blockchain crap that no one wants. Looks like fxtec is beginning to fully embrace their new scammer identity.

I guess we backers got rug pulled IRL with a physical device (pro1x)!

---

BTW, they still list "USB Type-C with HDMI support" on their store page which is a lie, this is literally false advertising now for which there are actually laws against.

Edited by phukfxtec

That "web3 garbage" has been going on since early 2022 at least and is likely how our Pro1xs got manufactured.  Thank goodness, because clearly the troubles with the Pro1x were costly, 

As for the new phone, that is a separate project, may not exist yet other than as a branded plastic model in Adrian's pocket and if it brings in investment that can be used to help solve the shipping problem, fine with me.

Yes, web3 is the web and not all that useful in modern industrialized settings, but there are some uses, as I understand it, in forming ad hoc networks in regions not well served by broadband, but I am far from an expert on this.

The point I'm trying to make is that their going out to try to attract investment does not necessarily mean they are abandoning us.  It means they are trying to stay alive, which benefits us greatly.  I'd like them to survive at leasy long enough to cut a deal to have our devices shipped. :)

Finally, yes, the HDMI situation is not what was wanted by the backers or by FxtEc,  But the statement you quote is not wrong.  It is simply that only one USB-c to HDMI cable works and requires an app and only mirrors. Not a good result, but what they say is not wrong.

• Like 3

Also, in regards to that new "web3" phone, they mention in that interview they partnered with something called "Helium Network". Someone in the igg comments mentioned that this is also a scam?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HeliumNetwork/comments/r6yfmp/the_linxdot_scam_we_have_been_cheated/

Looks like a companay call McGill were selling linxdots on facebook before delivering to customers? (almost in the exact same way that fxtec were selling backers devices on xpansys before delivering to backers. a pattern?)

Still digging... if anyone knows anything else or have also been affected by this linxdot / helium thing please speak up.

12 minutes ago, Hook said:

That "web3 garbage" has been going on since early 2022 at least and is likely how our Pro1xs got manufactured.  Thank goodness, because clearly the troubles with the Pro1x were costly, 

As for the new phone, that is a separate project, may not exist yet other than as a branded plastic model in Adrian's pocket and if it brings in investment that can be used to help solve the sjipping problem, fine with me.

Yes, web3 is the web and not all that useful in modern industrialized settings, but there are some uses, as I understand it, in forming ad hoc networks in regions not well served by broadband, but I am far from an expert on this.

The point I'm trying to make is that their going out to try to attract investment does not necessarily mean they are abandoning us.  It means they are trying to stay alive, which benefits us greatly.  I'd like them to survive at leasy long enough to cut a deal to have our devices shipped. :)

Finally, yes, the HDMI situation is not what was wanted by the backers or by FxtEc,  But the statement you quote is not wrong.  It is simply that only one USB-c to HDMI cable works and requires an app and only mirrors. Not a good result, but what they say is not wrong.

Ok, I will concede that diversifying to separate products doesn't directly = abandoned us, but it smells fishy after 3 *** years there's no more excuses left, like comon bro why you simpin for fxtec?

Re: web3, then call it what is is: a mesh network. (which is not a new concept, and the use case is valid tbf). I just hate this marketing bs...

---

When it arrives in 2035 it will be obsolete (as it already is with downgraded SOC and 3 years delay). The least they could do is compensate backers by throwing in an extra battery or something for fucking us all over.

4 minutes ago, phukfxtec said:

When it arrives in 2035 it will be obsolete (as it already is with downgraded SOC and 3 years delay). The least they could do is compensate backers by throwing in an extra battery or something for fucking us all over.

My theory is that it will not arrive, because they have no (or extremely few) devices left to ship, even if they have enough money in pocket to ship. This would also explain them refusing to ask for more money for shipping, because if they raised the money, and still couldnt ship, the "jigg would be up", so to speak.

also how can it be simply a shipping problem at this point? shipping isnt hard, its 2023. lets do some quick maths....

last update was Jun 15, 2023 (3 months ago). The campaign has 2,134 backers. A very select few have already received but lets say for sake of argument there are 2000 devices that need to be shipped still. Lets say they have a only enough funds to hire a single shipping person. Lets say the shipping person can process 3 devices per hour, which would be 24 devices over an 8 hour day. 2000/24 = 83 working days / 5 days a week = 16 weeks or 4 months. Its been 3 months since then meaning over half would be shipped by now we would start seeing "finally received my device!" in the igg comments by now. we could bump it down to only 2 devices an hour and should still see devices by now.

(feel free to adjust these numbers that i pulled out of my ass, I am making the assumption that they: pull up an order on a screen, grab the corresponding device, package it, print off and slap on a shipping label. this can be done in 20-30 minutes per device no? my dumb maths is with a single person and they claim to have a "logistics partner" so surely more than a single person, the point is we should be seeing devices by now...)

my theory just as @guest03847just mentioned is that their are no devices! (probably cuz they sold them all behind our backs on xpansys (for double profit btw))

Edited by phukfxtec

This company is complete joke, more than 2 years since order, more than 6 months since cancel of my order, still no money, no information, contact with support is absurd. Company/owner should be simply called BIG SCAM, I feel so stupid falling to this bs. Anything related to this company and owners should be a big no-no for everyone around hightech.

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

Sep 18, 2023 • 6:28AM PDT

Pro1-X - September Update

f6xz8c7helh3x6evuuo7.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

We would like to begin by apologising for not providing an update for July and August. We wanted to ensure that the information we provide you with is accurate.

Currently, our team are in Hong Kong and is working on the process of relocating our stock to our logistics partner. 

We're pleased to inform you that shipping will recommence within the next two weeks.

ftoxzgbm13dbfjsah6da.jpg

We apologise for the delays that you have experienced, and we appreciate your continued patience and support.

Feel free to reach us at [email protected] for any additional questions related to your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support.

Team Fxtec 

Signs and wonders! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, KaKi87 said:

I wouldn't regret it, I don't believe in Fxtec anymore.

I don't need to believe in Fxtec, I just want their landscape oriented slider phone 😉 – while one problem is that for me it only works when I also carry a mobile LTE router, and the other that I have to accept that I'm too clumsy to keep such a delicate device in one piece for a sensibly long time of daily use. So, no, I don't regret it; I think it will be fun to try out the Titan Slim. Also I got it for a mere 269.99 € from the manufacturer's German ebay store...

Edited by Rob. S.
16 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Of course that message needed to come into my inbox right after I just ordered a Unihertz Titan Slim.

Even if you get a Pro1X soon, it is always nice to have a backup-device, and the Slim is a quite cheap option, at the least for a PKB phone,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I don't need to believe in Fxtec, I just want their landscape oriented slider phone 😉 – while one problem is that for me it only works when I also carry a mobile LTE router, and the other that I have to accept that I'm too clumsy to keep such a delicate device in one piece for a sensibly long time of daily use. So, no, I don't regret it; I think it will be fun to try out the Titan Slim. Also I got it for a mere 269.99 € from the manufacturer's German ebay store...

9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Even if you get a Pro1X soon, it is always nice to have a backup-device, and the Slim is a quite cheap option, at the least for a PKB phone,

Its not only a rather cheap phone , its also quite the reliable and sturdy phone .
As far as backup-device my Unihertz slim is the best solution i have had .

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, zundappchef said:

Its not only a rather cheap phone , its also quite the reliable and sturdy phone .

Sorry to say that for me it has proven almost useless as the WiFi is EXTREMELY unstable here. Good for you that you are not hit by the issue, that sound a lot like what some people are complaining on with the Pro1X.

Here It can be used for test and as a backup device, but would be unacceptable as a daily driver.

• Thanks 1

I've moved to a new address between the last update and now. When I saw the most recent update, I sent a e-mail to F(x)tec asking if I could have my shipping address changed. Interestingly, they responded and changed the address very quickly, and I even got a message from Indiegogo that the shipping address on my order was updated.

I mention this because I've heard people on IGG claim that they couldn't change their shipping addresses with F(x)tec. The fact that I could do it quickly feels like an indication--albeit a small one--that they genuinely are hopeful things will work out this time.

• Like 6