LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

I have screenshot included on mine and I'm pretty sure I didn't when I first installed 18.1, nor did I find the option to include it back then.  Unless I was just blind.  I'm glad to have it back... I find it much more convenient there.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Hook said:

I have screenshot included on mine and I'm pretty sure I didn't when I first installed 18.1, nor did I find the option to include it back then.  Unless I was just blind.  I'm glad to have it back... I find it much more convenient there.

Same here... 🙂

• Like 1
On 5/31/2021 at 5:19 PM, Rob. S. said:

Screenshot_20210531-171345_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.432cc75fa0cf3804f6fb6f2e8703470d.png

Screenshot_20210531-171356_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.4a50028050d0162208e375f430cac3e6.png

Screenshot_20210531-171406_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.27b39da600c7f3639d16ed9a162aed90.png

Oh, so it looks like they backported the screenshot tile. But I must admit I prefer the power menu from 17.0, or actually the one from Nougat! 😉 Looks like waiting a couple of weeks before they backport all the stuff is a good heuristic!

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by marmistrz
  • Like 1

Is anyone else having trouble installing Magisk on 18.1?

I just "dirty" upgraded (as in without wiping anything, as described in the official upgrade instructions) all the way from 16.0 to the May 31 build (which worked fine), installed gapps, booted, then tried to install Magisk:

• Version 23 by installing the APK and patching boot.img (apparently this is known not to work?)
  • Version 23 by sideloading from recovery
  • Version 21.4 by sideloading from recovery

...and all of these cause my phone to get stuck in the boot animation forever (not even a proper bootloop, it doesn't restart, the animation just keeps playing) until I flash back the untouched May 31 boot.img.

How would I even troubleshoot this, is there any way to get logs?

Can I safely downgrade to earlier 18.1 builds without wiping anything and see if it works there?

2 hours ago, daxxy said:

Is anyone else having trouble installing Magisk on 18.1?

I just "dirty" upgraded (as in without wiping anything, as described in the official upgrade instructions) all the way from 16.0 to the May 31 build (which worked fine), installed gapps, booted, then tried to install Magisk:

• Version 23 by installing the APK and patching boot.img (apparently this is known not to work?)
  • Version 23 by sideloading from recovery
  • Version 21.4 by sideloading from recovery

...and all of these cause my phone to get stuck in the boot animation forever (not even a proper bootloop, it doesn't restart, the animation just keeps playing) until I flash back the untouched May 31 boot.img.

How would I even troubleshoot this, is there any way to get logs?

Can I safely downgrade to earlier 18.1 builds without wiping anything and see if it works there?

No troubles with Magisk 23.0 and the 31May update here, so I suspect something went awry with making that big of a jump.

• Like 1

Solved it. It probably wasn't Magisk itself but an incompatible module that was still installed. Moved everything that looked Magisk-related (find / -iname '*magisk*' 2>/dev/null, same with riru) to the sdcard, rebooted into recovery, sideloaded Magisk-v23.0.zip and it works now.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210607-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Same here, using OTA (without precautions for MindTheGapps and Magisk, which still are functional after reboot).

53 minutes ago, Hook said:

Odd we don't have the June security patch yet.

The 2021-06-05 patches have been fully merged into Lineage branches 16.0, 17.1 and 18.1 only today. That was too late for the build bot. It should come next week, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210621-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on June 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Here, too – by OTA, with the existing versions of MindTheGapps and Magisk left intact. 

(By the way, no idea whether this makes a difference, I have "update recovery" enabled for system updates.)

• Like 2

Has anyone had issues with Bluetooth call quality?  Regular audio (i.e music) sounds fine, but for calls people's voices sound clipped (here's an example of what I mean).  I've tried multiple different Bluetooth headsets and speakers, same issue.  No problem using the handset or through the headphone jack, and the same Bluetooth devices worked fine in my Droid 4.

4 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

@Noob No problem here with two different 'Jabra Talk' in-ear/on-ear headsets, I'm using them regularly for conference calls.

OK then, then I can only hope if anything it's an issue specific to the build that I've installed (on MicroG so only one update a month).

1 hour ago, Noob said:

OK then, then I can only hope if anything it's an issue specific to the build that I've installed (on MicroG so only one update a month).

Maybe if you try to lowering the volume in your phone or in your Bluetooth receiver may help.

Not related to Bluetooth, but usually I have to use my phone at the lowest possible volume level because a lot of calls are simply too loud. However, in very rare cases, I increase the volume (because of very silent caller), but then loud calls become extremely loud and clipped.

At first, I thought it is a "line issue" but then I realized it is simply the cause of too high gain / volume.

So I suspect when your Bluetooth receiver faces to input level of too high gain, that would cause a very similar behaviour.

Hi,

I have installed LOS 18.1 a few months ago. It's running great, along with my Fossil Sport Smartwatch.

However, when setup my watch it wasn't able to get GPS location, I know that it will use the phone's GPS first, but this was a minor inconvenience...

This week, I was trying other apps that uses GPS and they can't get a location either, the only app that was able to get my position was Waze. While all the other apps cannot get it, including GMaps.

Already tried to change permissions and allowed it to use location when I started the app, no change.

Anyone had this kind of behavior?

• Like 1

@Noob @VaZso Bummer. Now in yesterday's conference call, audio suffered badly from distortion and dropouts in both what I said and what I heard. Switching the headset off and using only the phone itself improved things only slightly, though. (I hung up and dialed in with the landline phone.)

I updated to the 20210621 MicroG build a week ago.  I'm not sure if it's because of that or because I disabled my Magisk AptX module before the update, but Bluetooth seems much better for me now.

Alright, so, I want to jump the bandwagon soon, and I was wondering if there's a document somewhere that shows me what I should be looking out for and what to do to actually get LOS running? I'm deathly afraid of bricking my Pro¹ up to the point that my head is warning me not to ever let it run out of juice because I vaguely remember something about not being able to charge while the phone is off?

6 hours ago, michael.bosscha said:

I vaguely remember something about not being able to charge while the phone is off?

There is a silly setting that automatically tuns the phone on when a charger is applied. It can be turn off from a pc (If i remember right it is a fastboot command, but could be adb)

46 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

There is a silly setting that automatically tuns the phone on when a charger is applied. It can be turn off from a pc (If i remember right it is a fastboot command, but could be adb)

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

I saved it when you first posted it.  🙂

• Thanks 4