Pro1x - really poor connectivity to both wifi and cellular.

27 minutes ago, Mysti-Que2020 said:

Correct,  I already had an activated Sim card through Verizon.  The Sim card I have is about 3 years old and was a replacement for my unlocked blackberry key2le to work on the network.  When I first booted up the Pro1x,  I follow the prompts and then change the network settings to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA which seems to work a little better than it was first originally selected.   I'm able to make phone calls and also receive them quicker but still noticeably slower than my other phone which was a galaxy s10e.   Texting has its ups and downs,  where it takes about 30 seconds to send or instantly.  I'm crossing my fingers that if Verizon is shutting the cdma towers it doesn't effect us or that will be some bullsh**! 

Please do keep us posted, but might be good to do it in the dedicated thread here.  Just indicate that you have the Pro1 X and not the Pro1.

• Like 3
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, it appears that I was able to repair my Pro1-X's radios. Previously, telephony and mobile data wouldn't work for me, as documented earlier in this thread. WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS had always w

For anyone in Australia using 3G and worried about the impending shutdown of Telstra's 3G network, I finally figured out how to enable VoLTE. I am with Aldi Mobile (Telstra) and have been using the  "

It's hard to say whether these antenna connectors were broken when shipped, or due to disassembly on your part. Have  you've heard the antenna rattle inside the phone when you first received it? Would

Posted Images

My whole area seems to be LTE with no CDMA bands that I can tell.  I tested my Pro1-X today using my SIM from a Pixel 2XL and left the network as whatever the default was.  It took a couple minutes to register the network for the first time, but then calls and text messages seemed to work just fine.

Only tested the Pro1-X for about 20-30 minutes today and didn't leave my house, but so far looks good on LTE.  My house has weak signal and often uses WiFi Calling, but for my testing I left WiFi Calling turned off and it seemed to work just as well if not slightly better than the 2XL.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, Logan said:

What network?  I was testing mine with Verizon here in the US.  I made sure my VoWiFi was off during testing and it all worked well on my unit.  Connected via LTE and I think I allowed Enhanded Voice so would be VoLTE.

@Logan Are you having issues yet with Verizon in the US with delay callings and sms going out?   I went back to my Verizon sim card after trialing out Mint Mobile which was 10x worse with connectivity especially when I wasn't able to disable VoLTE.   With Verizon I have VoLTE disable and works better but when I activate it,  it does not like it whatsoever. 

I just replied to your post in the other thread about Verizon.

I haven't been able to take time and test the pro1-x for any length of time. I need a case (waiting for a buddy to make me the one from thingiverse) and screen protector before I'll even risk daily driving the phone.

I think I had VoLTE turned on...but not WiFi Calling.

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing some issues with connectivity at all...

WiFi gets 2-5% packet loss and avg 35-40ms latency when pinging my home gateway... Compared to my old Android device where I get 0% loss and 20-25ms avg latency by holding both next to each other for the test...

Also switching from WiFi to LTE sometimes require turning off mobile data and then back on... To restore connectivity... Strange is that when I switch to LTE and browsers show no connection... I can ping google.com from termux... (Which indicates name resolution and connection are fine) maybe network translation is the issue here and not doing it's switch properly?

Also using my mobile as phone for conversations gives me awful experience... One one of the SIM cards stops working after 15-30 minutes and doesn't seem to have connection even though the range indicator is present and with good range...

What also catch my attention is when I'm out without WiFi connection... Both range indicators show full range but there is small x in the bottom right of each... Even though the LTE indication is present and there is data connection...

Any advices are much appreciated...

Already tried few times the "network reset" option in Android on both SIM cards...

4 hours ago, Ivaylo Hubanov said:

Any advices are much appreciated...

Unfortunately, firmware has to be polished, so my advice is to wait for a firmware update which may improve some of the problems...

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Ivaylo Hubanov said:

You mean it's not just mine, and we all suffer the same?

I haven't tested these things deeply but I had phone calling problems when range indicators were good and I also had two x near my SIM card indicators.

As far as I read, there is a beta firmware which already has some improvements, so it may be a matter of time...

16 hours ago, sequestris said:

It was announced a while ago that this would not be a 5G device.

I do not recall anyone complaining about missing 5G capabilities here.

This is about bad experience with LTE (4G) and wifi connections with the Pro1X.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, claude0001 said:

I do not recall anyone complaining about missing 5G capabilities here.

This is about bad experience with LTE (4G) and wifi connections with the Pro1X.

(I merged some posts in from a separate thread. I do not recall if 5G was part of the title - it might have been)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to discovering that my old daily driver is actually physically falling apart, I've been trying to use the Pro1-X as my primary device for about a week, which means using Android for the moment, and I have found the same problems reported by many others in this thread:  Sometimes it's fine, but much of the time, outgoing calls take 30 seconds to connect or do not connect at all, and most incoming calls receive a "number not reachable" error message.

I've been playing around with the network settings a bit, and it seems that forcing certain modes will improve the success:failure ratio somewhat, but I haven't manged to completely eliminate the errors.

I find that when the phone is in "failing" mode, the connectivity type indicator next to the signal strength indicator is reading "3G".  If it's showing "LTE", everything works fine.  Maybe there's a Tasker setup that can watch for this and work around the problem.  😄 

For those currently participating in the beta program, is the improved firmware referenced earlier in this thread available?  And is it much better?  I have not set up Telegram (I'm no fan of messenger services that require a phone number), but maybe I will do so if it will help me work through these issues.

Edit:  Joined the Telegram group (with a throwaway number 😉) and downloaded the beta.  Will see if there's any improvement.

Edited by ducksoup
  • Like 2

Sadly the current beta seems no better.  Even though the phone shows connected (actually even "LTE" now), with good signal strength, incoming calls are not arriving.  This device is essentially unusable as a phone at present.

Calls are clearly almost getting there, because when I dial in from another phone, "LTE" switches to "3G" on the Pro1-X, but nothing else happens, and the calling phone eventually gets "number not available".

Edited by ducksoup
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, ducksoup said:

Sadly the current beta seems no better.  Even though the phone shows connected (actually even "LTE" now), with good signal strength, incoming calls are not arriving.  This device is essentially unusable as a phone at present.

Calls are clearly almost getting there, because when I dial in from another phone, "LTE" switches to "3G" on the Pro1-X, but nothing else happens, and the calling phone eventually gets "number not available".

In the current situation, it seems that the problem will be that VoLTE is not turned on.

19 minutes ago, Adamyno said:

In the current situation, it seems that the problem will be that VoLTE is not turned on.

I don't think the problem is that simple, as I'll lose connectivity whether or not calls are placed or received.  When the phone is first booted up, or the SIM is otherwise reset, everything is generally fine for a while, and then I lose connectivity and the ability to make or receive calls, without moving the phone at all.

I was earlier thinking that this issue was only related to phone calls, but now that I've disabled wifi, I see that I'm actually losing all mobile connectivity.

Edited by ducksoup
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, ducksoup said:

I don't think the problem is that simple, as I'll lose connectivity whether or not calls are placed or received.  When the phone is first booted up, or the SIM is otherwise reset, everything is generally fine for a while, and then I lose connectivity and the ability to make or receive calls, without moving the phone at all.

I was earlier thinking that this issue was only related to phone calls, but now that I've disabled wifi, I see that I'm actually losing all mobile connectivity.

I have a very similar problem at home with my current Xiaomi device. But only at home. It works fine anywhere else. I will be curious if you try it elsewhere several times, then what will be the result. Regardless, I would try to turn on VoLTE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Adamyno said:

Regardless, I would try to turn on VoLTE.

Certainly agree VoLTE should be turned on.  Curiously, I don't even get a toggle for that in the SIM settings for my primary SIM.  I do see that toggle for my secondary SIM (which is a different provider), no matter which SIM slot that secondary SIM is installed in.

I don't know whether the absence of the toggle means "always on, you have no choice", "VoLTE not available from this provider", or something entirely different.

• Like 2

Check the phone menu, which is found in android by typing *#*#4636#*#*  on the phone keypad and then tapping phone 1.  VoLTE toggles should be there. It's a question of are they greyed out or able to be set.

• Thanks 3
9 hours ago, Hook said:

Check the phone menu, which is found in android by typing *#*#4636#*#*  on the phone keypad and then tapping phone 1.  VoLTE toggles should be there. It's a question of are they greyed out or able to be set.

I got a tip on the Telegram beta channel to force the toggles to show in SIM setup via the following commands (requiring root):

• setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
  • setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

After entering those commands, and then enabling VoLTE on my primary SIM, it does appear to have registered properly to use VoLTE, and when I called into the phone, it did ring, did not change to "3G" on the network indicator, and did not lose connectivity.

I'll let the phone sit overnight and we'll see in the morning if the problem is solved.

Edited by ducksoup
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Are you sure the commands

7 hours ago, ducksoup said:
  • setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
  • setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

does not require the device to be rooted, or similar?

PS, they can be entered with ADB shell:

adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1; setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

(from here)

(If I run the commands on AICP on the Pro1 (non-x) they are accepted, but not on the other variants I tried it )

• Like 1