Jump to content

Pro1x - really poor connectivity to both wifi and cellular.


Recommended Posts

Check the phone menu, which is found in android by typing *#*#4636#*#*  on the phone keypad and then tapping phone 1.  VoLTE toggles should be there. It's a question of are they greyed out or able to be set.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a response back, apparently it's something they are aware of and looking to come up with a patch very soon. So looks like it's a firmware issue, rather than a hardware issue thankfully.

Just had delivery of the Pro1x and it is a great phone, however the wifi and cellular data connectivity is appalling! I struggle to connect to a router that is only a few feet away, and my old cheap N

Same.  I bet this is a radio firmware problem, not a radio hardware problem. I'm sure as more people get their devices, these kinks will get worked out.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Hook said:

Check the phone menu, which is found in android by typing *#*#4636#*#*  on the phone keypad and then tapping phone 1.  VoLTE toggles should be there. It's a question of are they greyed out or able to be set.

I got a tip on the Telegram beta channel to force the toggles to show in SIM setup via the following commands (requiring root):

  • setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
  • setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

After entering those commands, and then enabling VoLTE on my primary SIM, it does appear to have registered properly to use VoLTE, and when I called into the phone, it did ring, did not change to "3G" on the network indicator, and did not lose connectivity.

I'll let the phone sit overnight and we'll see in the morning if the problem is solved.

Edited by ducksoup
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure the commands

7 hours ago, ducksoup said:
  • setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
  • setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

does not require the device to be rooted, or similar?

PS, they can be entered with ADB shell:

adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1; setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

(from here)

(If I run the commands on AICP on the Pro1 (non-x) they are accepted, but not on the other variants I tried it )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

does not require the device to be rooted, or similar?

Yes those commands require root.  I've modified my post to note that.

The LTE connection stayed up all night long.  However, when I just called the phone, I got a "the service has not been implemented" recording, which I've never heard before.  Second attempt at a call worked fine.  So something is still not quite right.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ducksoup said:

Yes those commands require root.  I've modified my post to note that.

...If you are on a device with AICP or LOS you can (by an option in developer options) allow ADB to do rooted stuff, e.g.

ADB root
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
ADB unroot

(not available on stock android though - neither Pro1X nor Pro1 )

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After rooting and using the 4 setprop commands I can at least see the VoLTE option but it is still grayed out.  However, now WiFi calling works, thanks to, wfc_avail_ovr, which was a nice bonus.

Edit: VoLTE is working after all.  The option is grayed out but enabled and the SIM status shows that it is using LTE for voice.

Edited by millert
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My situation is much improved after forcing VoLTE on, but not entirely fixed.  I've had no more known incidents of the "the service has not been implemented" error, and I no longer lose connectivity when I receive incoming calls, but I did see once today where cell connection vanished on my primary SIM, and when it returned, data connection did not return.  I was in a bit of a hurry at the time, so didn't take the time to attempt to cajole it into working again, and simply rebooted to fix.

So, there is clearly still some work to be done on the connectivity issues, even after the currently available beta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ducksoup said:

My situation is much improved after forcing VoLTE on, but not entirely fixed.  I've had no more known incidents of the "the service has not been implemented" error, and I no longer lose connectivity when I receive incoming calls, but I did see once today where cell connection vanished on my primary SIM, and when it returned, data connection did not return.  I was in a bit of a hurry at the time, so didn't take the time to attempt to cajole it into working again, and simply rebooted to fix.

So, there is clearly still some work to be done on the connectivity issues, even after the currently available beta.

You could consider to choose to entirely omit the 3G bands, to avoid it attempting to switch to them. E.g. LTE only.
There is a long list of combinations under preferred network type I do not know the exact meaning of all the used terms, so will likely require some googling to find the optimal setting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

You could consider to choose to entirely omit the 3G bands, to avoid it attempting to switch to them. E.g. LTE only.
There is a long list of combinations under preferred network type

"Preferred" seems to be the key term there.  Even when I set the device to "prefer" only bands not even available in my area, it still ends up on those that are.  I don't think this menu is a means to actually blacklist bands, just to tell the device which ones to use if available.

I got a SMS from a friend this morning telling me he was unable to call me last night.  This despite everything seeming okay on the phone this morning.  He was trying to call me after midnight, though, so missing the call isn't all bad.  😉

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ducksoup said:

"Preferred" seems to be the key term there. 

There is also a rather similar list under*#*#4636#*#*, BUT it is not identical - I do not know how these two list are intertwined .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EskeRahn said:

There is also a rather similar list under*#*#4636#*#*, BUT it is not identical - I do not know how these two list are intertwined .

Same.  I've been planning to poke around at that a bit, but haven't had the chance yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2022 at 11:43 PM, Adamyno said:

I noticed that with LTE (B20 for sure, B3 I don't know yet) the Pro1X randomly drops the network for a moment (about half a second) and reconnects. This happens roughly every 20-100 seconds.

I have this problem on Optus in Australia. Cell network just disappears quite frequently.

On Telstra I am unable to make or receive calls.

I like the hardware but I do need it to work. I've swapped back to a cheap motorola edge 20 fusion and have no problems with either carrier.

I have reached out to fxtec support and i'm using the 2.1.5 beta rom, neither of which has helped.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2022 at 5:58 AM, EskeRahn said:

You could consider to choose to entirely omit the 3G bands

I'm unable to turn on VoLTE with the 2.1.5 rom and didn't know enough to check it on the currently released one. Without that, turning off 3g would preclude making or receiving calls in a lot of countries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2022 at 8:13 PM, Ivaylo Hubanov said:

WiFi gets 2-5% packet loss and avg 35-40ms latency when pinging my home gateway... Compared to my old Android device where I get 0% loss and 20-25ms avg latency by holding both next to each other for the test...

I also have this problem with my pro1-x.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an additional issue, where quite often I sit directly beside the router ~1,5 meters away, and I am not able to connect to it, although the signal indicator is showing full strength. And sometime, I am connected with a wifi, and it shows strong signal and saying 'connected' but any app tells me, there is no network connection, and I should try again. when I restart the phone, connection is mostly mots of the time fine, for some time.

Any ideas about that? Haven't yet tried a lot of mobile connection, so am not yet able to say anything about that.

So I highly hope, this is a soon fixed software issue, I desperately need this to be my daily driver, since my old BBPriv is getting extremely unreliable and has only batter for about 4-6 hours, when I leave it alone.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay looks like it was my fault, I used 1.1.1.1 as a vpn which seems to have caused the problem. I disabled it this morning, and haven't had any wifi problems since, apart from it didn't reconnect when I came home. But that is not such of a big problem for me, I guess.

I also briefly tested mobile data connection today, didn't encounter problems while normal texting via signal and telegram.

Telephone call was okay, the other side said it was no good connection, but I didn't got kicked out, and was able to have a normal conversation. But this was at home, could have been over wifi.

Can't say anything else for the moment.

I'm in Germany (also munich :classic_smile: ) using o2-internet (telefonica) via drillisch group (winSim)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2022 at 11:08 PM, Maz said:

I have this problem on Optus in Australia. Cell network just disappears quite frequently.

On Telstra I am unable to make or receive calls.

I like the hardware but I do need it to work. I've swapped back to a cheap motorola edge 20 fusion and have no problems with either carrier.

I have reached out to fxtec support and i'm using the 2.1.5 beta rom, neither of which has helped.

Also here in Oz same issue with Telstra.

have you had any updates or reports back from FX Tech?

They had advised that there would be an update coming this month delivered through the play store?

i wasn't sure how this was going to work.

""G

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2022 at 7:39 AM, velocity08 said:

have you had any updates or reports back from FX Tech?

They had advised that there would be an update coming this month delivered through the play store?

I tried the 2.1.6 beta and its still the same for Telstra.

I have raised bug reports for the issue and contacted support (who asked if i had raised bugs) but I haven't seen anything that acknowledges the problem or anything that says they're working on fixes for it specifically.

I still don't know if its something they can fix or if we're just supposed to sell the phones.

There is at least one other user in another country having the same issue so it's not specific to Telstra.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Maz said:

I tried the 2.1.6 beta and its still the same for Telstra.

I have raised bug reports for the issue and contacted support (who asked if i had raised bugs) but I haven't seen anything that acknowledges the problem or anything that says they're working on fixes for it specifically.

I still don't know if its something they can fix or if we're just supposed to sell the phones.

There is at least one other user in another country having the same issue so it's not specific to Telstra.

thanks mate appreciate the update.

 

yea i'm a bit in limbo cant really use it as a daily driver if we cant connect to a network to make/ receive calls.

a 2 year wait to be a no starter, glorified calculator- funny not funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Maz said:

I tried the 2.1.6 beta and its still the same for Telstra.

I have raised bug reports for the issue and contacted support (who asked if i had raised bugs) but I haven't seen anything that acknowledges the problem or anything that says they're working on fixes for it specifically.

I still don't know if its something they can fix or if we're just supposed to sell the phones.

There is at least one other user in another country having the same issue so it's not specific to Telstra.

wondering if switching to sailfish or UBTouch would improve the connection?

you would think that Android would be the go to for core basic functionality in that area.

thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea if they'd be an improvement. If it's a software problem then you'd need a new radio rom and I don't know if those are different for different systems. If its some weird hardware problem then nothing we can do will fix it. I have not seen fxtec saying which it is (if they even know).

I need to use android for work reasons so it seems pointless trying out the others for now.

I made the mistake to transfer one of the 2fa apps onto my pro1x and it's so far from a daily driver that I'm going to have to go through the hassle of transferring that back to a phone that works. Might be time to sell the pro1x and see if someone else has better luck (or doesn't need it to be a phone).

Edited by Maz
forgot some stuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Maz said:

I have no idea if they'd be an improvement. If it's a software problem then you'd need a new radio rom and I don't know if those are different for different systems. If its some weird hardware problem then nothing we can do will fix it. I have not seen fxtec saying which it is (if they even know).

I need to use android for work reasons so it seems pointless trying out the others for now.

I made the mistake to transfer one of the 2fa apps onto my pro1x and it's so far from a daily driver that I'm going to have to go through the hassle of transferring that back to a phone that works. Might be time to sell the pro1x and see if someone else has better luck (or doesn't need it to be a phone).

same same, picked up a pixel 3 referb from ebay for $200, best $200 i've ever spent on a phone - lol

Have raised another support email with them and no reply as yet.

have been super patient with the 2 year wait but starting to get to my wits end with the lack of comms.

o forgot to ask do you have a link for the rom update please?

thanks for the heads up mate, best of luck!

Edited by velocity08
forgot stuff and things
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms