Pro1x - really poor connectivity to both wifi and cellular.

8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

does not require the device to be rooted, or similar?

Yes those commands require root.  I've modified my post to note that.

The LTE connection stayed up all night long.  However, when I just called the phone, I got a "the service has not been implemented" recording, which I've never heard before.  Second attempt at a call worked fine.  So something is still not quite right.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, it appears that I was able to repair my Pro1-X's radios. Previously, telephony and mobile data wouldn't work for me, as documented earlier in this thread. WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS had always w

For anyone in Australia using 3G and worried about the impending shutdown of Telstra's 3G network, I finally figured out how to enable VoLTE. I am with Aldi Mobile (Telstra) and have been using the  "

It's hard to say whether these antenna connectors were broken when shipped, or due to disassembly on your part. Have  you've heard the antenna rattle inside the phone when you first received it? Would

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ducksoup said:

Yes those commands require root.  I've modified my post to note that.

...If you are on a device with AICP or LOS you can (by an option in developer options) allow ADB to do rooted stuff, e.g.

ADB root
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
ADB unroot

(not available on stock android though - neither Pro1X nor Pro1 )

• Thanks 1

After rooting and using the 4 setprop commands I can at least see the VoLTE option but it is still grayed out.  However, now WiFi calling works, thanks to, wfc_avail_ovr, which was a nice bonus.

Edit: VoLTE is working after all.  The option is grayed out but enabled and the SIM status shows that it is using LTE for voice.

Edited by millert
  • Like 2

My situation is much improved after forcing VoLTE on, but not entirely fixed.  I've had no more known incidents of the "the service has not been implemented" error, and I no longer lose connectivity when I receive incoming calls, but I did see once today where cell connection vanished on my primary SIM, and when it returned, data connection did not return.  I was in a bit of a hurry at the time, so didn't take the time to attempt to cajole it into working again, and simply rebooted to fix.

So, there is clearly still some work to be done on the connectivity issues, even after the currently available beta.

1 hour ago, ducksoup said:

My situation is much improved after forcing VoLTE on, but not entirely fixed.  I've had no more known incidents of the "the service has not been implemented" error, and I no longer lose connectivity when I receive incoming calls, but I did see once today where cell connection vanished on my primary SIM, and when it returned, data connection did not return.  I was in a bit of a hurry at the time, so didn't take the time to attempt to cajole it into working again, and simply rebooted to fix.

So, there is clearly still some work to be done on the connectivity issues, even after the currently available beta.

You could consider to choose to entirely omit the 3G bands, to avoid it attempting to switch to them. E.g. LTE only.
There is a long list of combinations under preferred network type I do not know the exact meaning of all the used terms, so will likely require some googling to find the optimal setting.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

You could consider to choose to entirely omit the 3G bands, to avoid it attempting to switch to them. E.g. LTE only.
There is a long list of combinations under preferred network type

"Preferred" seems to be the key term there.  Even when I set the device to "prefer" only bands not even available in my area, it still ends up on those that are.  I don't think this menu is a means to actually blacklist bands, just to tell the device which ones to use if available.

I got a SMS from a friend this morning telling me he was unable to call me last night.  This despite everything seeming okay on the phone this morning.  He was trying to call me after midnight, though, so missing the call isn't all bad.  😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
On 8/17/2022 at 11:43 PM, Adamyno said:

I noticed that with LTE (B20 for sure, B3 I don't know yet) the Pro1X randomly drops the network for a moment (about half a second) and reconnects. This happens roughly every 20-100 seconds.

I have this problem on Optus in Australia. Cell network just disappears quite frequently.

On Telstra I am unable to make or receive calls.

I like the hardware but I do need it to work. I've swapped back to a cheap motorola edge 20 fusion and have no problems with either carrier.

I have reached out to fxtec support and i'm using the 2.1.5 beta rom, neither of which has helped.

• Like 1
On 9/13/2022 at 5:58 AM, EskeRahn said:

You could consider to choose to entirely omit the 3G bands

I'm unable to turn on VoLTE with the 2.1.5 rom and didn't know enough to check it on the currently released one. Without that, turning off 3g would preclude making or receiving calls in a lot of countries.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:13 PM, Ivaylo Hubanov said:

WiFi gets 2-5% packet loss and avg 35-40ms latency when pinging my home gateway... Compared to my old Android device where I get 0% loss and 20-25ms avg latency by holding both next to each other for the test...

I also have this problem with my pro1-x.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an additional issue, where quite often I sit directly beside the router ~1,5 meters away, and I am not able to connect to it, although the signal indicator is showing full strength. And sometime, I am connected with a wifi, and it shows strong signal and saying 'connected' but any app tells me, there is no network connection, and I should try again. when I restart the phone, connection is mostly mots of the time fine, for some time.

Any ideas about that? Haven't yet tried a lot of mobile connection, so am not yet able to say anything about that.

So I highly hope, this is a soon fixed software issue, I desperately need this to be my daily driver, since my old BBPriv is getting extremely unreliable and has only batter for about 4-6 hours, when I leave it alone.

• Sad 2

Okay looks like it was my fault, I used 1.1.1.1 as a vpn which seems to have caused the problem. I disabled it this morning, and haven't had any wifi problems since, apart from it didn't reconnect when I came home. But that is not such of a big problem for me, I guess.

I also briefly tested mobile data connection today, didn't encounter problems while normal texting via signal and telegram.

Telephone call was okay, the other side said it was no good connection, but I didn't got kicked out, and was able to have a normal conversation. But this was at home, could have been over wifi.

Can't say anything else for the moment.

I'm in Germany (also munich :classic_smile: ) using o2-internet (telefonica) via drillisch group (winSim)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/15/2022 at 11:08 PM, Maz said:

I have this problem on Optus in Australia. Cell network just disappears quite frequently.

On Telstra I am unable to make or receive calls.

I like the hardware but I do need it to work. I've swapped back to a cheap motorola edge 20 fusion and have no problems with either carrier.

I have reached out to fxtec support and i'm using the 2.1.5 beta rom, neither of which has helped.

Also here in Oz same issue with Telstra.

have you had any updates or reports back from FX Tech?

They had advised that there would be an update coming this month delivered through the play store?

i wasn't sure how this was going to work.

""G

On 9/27/2022 at 7:39 AM, velocity08 said:

have you had any updates or reports back from FX Tech?

They had advised that there would be an update coming this month delivered through the play store?

I tried the 2.1.6 beta and its still the same for Telstra.

I have raised bug reports for the issue and contacted support (who asked if i had raised bugs) but I haven't seen anything that acknowledges the problem or anything that says they're working on fixes for it specifically.

I still don't know if its something they can fix or if we're just supposed to sell the phones.

There is at least one other user in another country having the same issue so it's not specific to Telstra.

• Like 1
On 9/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Maz said:

I have raised bug reports for the issue and contacted support (who asked if i had raised bugs) but I haven't seen anything that acknowledges the problem or anything that says they're working on fixes for it specifically.

I still don't know if its something they can fix or if we're just supposed to sell the phones.

There is at least one other user in another country having the same issue so it's not specific to Telstra.

thanks mate appreciate the update.

yea i'm a bit in limbo cant really use it as a daily driver if we cant connect to a network to make/ receive calls.

a 2 year wait to be a no starter, glorified calculator- funny not funny.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Maz said:

wondering if switching to sailfish or UBTouch would improve the connection?

you would think that Android would be the go to for core basic functionality in that area.

thoughts?

• Like 1

I have no idea if they'd be an improvement. If it's a software problem then you'd need a new radio rom and I don't know if those are different for different systems. If its some weird hardware problem then nothing we can do will fix it. I have not seen fxtec saying which it is (if they even know).

I need to use android for work reasons so it seems pointless trying out the others for now.

I made the mistake to transfer one of the 2fa apps onto my pro1x and it's so far from a daily driver that I'm going to have to go through the hassle of transferring that back to a phone that works. Might be time to sell the pro1x and see if someone else has better luck (or doesn't need it to be a phone).

Edited by Maz
forgot some stuff
20 hours ago, Maz said:

I have no idea if they'd be an improvement. If it's a software problem then you'd need a new radio rom and I don't know if those are different for different systems. If its some weird hardware problem then nothing we can do will fix it. I have not seen fxtec saying which it is (if they even know).

I need to use android for work reasons so it seems pointless trying out the others for now.

I made the mistake to transfer one of the 2fa apps onto my pro1x and it's so far from a daily driver that I'm going to have to go through the hassle of transferring that back to a phone that works. Might be time to sell the pro1x and see if someone else has better luck (or doesn't need it to be a phone).

same same, picked up a pixel 3 referb from ebay for $200, best $200 i've ever spent on a phone - lol

Have raised another support email with them and no reply as yet.

have been super patient with the 2 year wait but starting to get to my wits end with the lack of comms.

o forgot to ask do you have a link for the rom update please?

thanks for the heads up mate, best of luck!

Edited by velocity08
forgot stuff and things
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've revisited this thread multiple times in hopes of finding a solution for Tmobile. I love my pro1-x keyboard, but i'm about to give up on this device because i cannot make phone calls.

• server not found, and cellular service drops entirely
  • If a call connects, the audio drops out on both sides, i cant hear them or they can't hear me.
  • i cannot even check my voicemail because the service can't hear my complete pin number

Does anyone have experience with getting the phone to work with Tmobile in California?

• Like 1

I have been using my pro1x as a daily driver for over two weeks now and have loved everything about it other than the cellular connectivity issues (i have not noticed any wifi issues with mine). My issues have been in placing and receiving calls (I have not had calls cut off). I did notice that I would not have a problem placing a call if it was done immediately after a restart and I was using that as a work around (I only make a couple of calls a day). But my partner was getting fed up of talking to my voice mail every time they called. So a couple of days ago I started playing with the prefered network type setting and through trial and error have seemed to have one that works for me. So far I have had two days of no issues placing a call or receiving calls.    

FYI i am in Australia using Aldi moblie which piggy backs of part of the telstra network.

• Thanks 3
38 minutes ago, Pembo said:

So a couple of days ago I started playing with the prefered network type setting and through trial and error have seemed to have one that works for me. So far I have had two days of no issues placing a call or receiving calls.    

I would be happy if you could share what helped in your case, so we may check if it also helps in other cases (different mobile operator) or if a different setting seems to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just for the record, what I thought to be a general deterioration of 4G connectivity in my closer vicinity after the radio masts around here all have been modified to support 5G recently, actually seems to be on the receiving side, i.e. the phone. For testing purposes I've now revived a 6+ year old Chinese 4G USB dongle that works slow (5 Mbps), but reliably, where the Pro1 X gets no throughput at all. This is indeed disappointing. As a workaround, I've now got myself a second SIM card for my account and ordered a portable 4G router...

• Sad 1