Sequence of order processing + issues with orders

I am also desperately waiting for the PayPal option to get back in as a payment option. My reasons are different though. I tried to pay with my Australian Mastercard Gold and the transaction was declined on the site. I was dumb enough to try two more times the same day and as the result my bank considered that being a fraudulent activity and cancelled my card. Now, my wife is really pissed off since it was the only card she had access to. So, I am not brave enough to risk losing the brand new card I am about to receive as a replacement.

My communication with FxTec suggests that we should expect the PayPal option to re-appear next week or a week after that. I am happy to pay 3.6% PayPal fee on top of the order if it helps to bring PayPal option back faster.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a payment-notification, but I can’t complete my payment, because both of my VISA-cards was declined by the payment-process…

Anyone else get tha issue?

The cards are valid, not expired, limit is above 1k€, end so on. I even used one card today at the local food store…

Sorry to hear there’s payment issues.

Please ensure the name on your card matches the name you have set on your F(x)tec profile. For example, if the name on your card is “J DOE”, you should set the name on your profile as “J DOE”. This seems to be happening to a very limited number of cards with this special protection enabled.

Erik

My credit card got declined like many others, but I think the problem could be because of what you mentioned. The problem is, the order seems not to be connected to my account, because I can’t see it in pre orders or orders. Whom do I have to write?

So I also sent it via the contact option but didn't get an answer, so I hope someone could look into it

I don't think PayPal will return too soon. There's just a fundamental problem with this and their policies, see https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488 (I'd quote this but I'm afraid of the forum software doing unpredictable stuff again... can't wait for having a preview thing)

So unless Fxtec knows they can ship within 20 days, they are technically not allowed to take pre-orders via PayPal. Now don't tell me others still do that just fine, I know. This is just what could be behind this. And if not, I'd advise caution, as PayPal likes to freeze money when not abiding by their policies.

I don’t think PayPal will return too soon. There’s just a fundamental problem with this and their policies, see https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488 (I’d quote this but I’m afraid of the forum software doing unpredictable stuff again… can’t wait for having a preview thing)

So unless Fxtec knows they can ship within 20 days, they are technically not allowed to take pre-orders via PayPal. Now don’t tell me others still do that just fine, I know. This is just what could be behind this. And if not, I’d advise caution, as PayPal likes to freeze money when not abiding by their policies.

This seems to be true. I asked for an alternative payment method last week and up to now i received no answer.

People like me without a credit card are probably out of the game. Maybe we will have to wait for other distribution ways (Amazon, ebay).

I am also desperately waiting for the PayPal option to get back in as a payment option. My reasons are different though. I tried to pay with my Australian Mastercard Gold and the transaction was declined on the site. I was dumb enough to try two more times the same day and as the result my bank considered that being a fraudulent activity and cancelled my card. Now, my wife is really pissed off since it was the only card she had access to. So, I am not brave enough to risk losing the brand new card I am about to receive as a replacement.

My communication with FxTec suggests that we should expect the PayPal option to re-appear next week or a week after that. I am happy to pay 3.6% PayPal fee on top of the order if it helps to bring PayPal option back faster.

This happened to me (and many others), but I was able to talk to the Fraud division at my bank and they unblocked the card and I was able to put the transaction through because they then knew what it was. Did you contact the issuing bank?

Actually I feel a bit abandoned by Fxtex. No one replies to mails over the contact option, neither does one in here.

It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn't work, nobody reacts.

I understand that right now there is probably a lot of work, but no response even after a week seems a bit odd to me.

Actually I feel a bit abandoned by Fxtex. No one replies to mails over the contact option, neither does one in here.

It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn’t work, nobody reacts.

I understand that right now there is probably a lot of work, but no response even after a week seems a bit odd to me.

Have you tried sending a mail from a different account? Worth a try. But I'm sure they are VERY busy, much less responsive to my mails too.

Such a nice reminder mail about the phone reaching production status. But no PayPal means no money from me to them I’m afraid…

Well as they are not ALLOWED by PayPal to get preorders paid, they can not yet (See previous).

It's not just overseeing the the order processing, manufacturing, distribution, logistics and shipping of our phones with all the underlying business operations that requires, but they also have to do marketing, which for a phone aimed at as untypical consumer market as this, means a lot of showing up where the potential market and support folks are. As you can see form the following link, Liangchen (and a certain other forum regular ;-) ) was at Froscon this weekend.

It would be nice, as crazy busy as the F(x) team is if they could shoot us off a message of how the pre-ordering came out, although I can't blame them too much if they don't. Of course I'm not concerned that they got maybe $1,000,000 or more USD (assuming 2K or more preorders paid) and have disappeared. ;-D

Lol.

I expect they want you to be able to buy it so are probably looking into this, but there's still plenty of time, still about a month til they start shipping. However, I do agree they should respond, for example if the answer is no we are never going to do anything besides credit cards, that might give you the motivation to ask your bank for a credit card or buy a prepaid credit card etc if you really really want one. But if they already have plans to enable paypal once the device starts shipping, or are looking into adding additional payment method(s), or sales channel(s), I can see how it would be nice of them to publicize that right away.

no, I didn’t try another account. The problem could already be related to the fact, that the order isn’t connected to my account and another account would perhaps make it even further confusing.

My point was if they replied you, but you never received their mails. Just a thought.

Such a nice reminder mail about the phone reaching production status. But no PayPal means no money from me to them I’m afraid…

Anf if you use a credit card from a family member, friend, etc.?

Or you ask your bank to get a credit card.

On the left side, the last true qwertz-slider is about 6-7 years old and now you have the chance to get a new phone withlandscape keyboard (with a planing history of min. 1 year) and on the right side... only a credit card is missing :-)

Please, don´t let it be the reason, to be not a part of this fantastic product, community etc.

For me it says “Failed” and I tried with 3 different credit cards, all working everywhere else, but not here.

Sounds odd, have you checked with your card providers on why? Could there be an amount limit. Some posts above have mentioned the banks saying that some info from F(x)Tec were missing (without telling them what is missing so F(x)Tec had a chance to fix it...)

The people contacting fxtec for what ever reasons maybe you should use the new support system that don't use email (zendesk) so you know all communication is getting there and from them to you. Its the floating support button on the right hand side if you hadn't noticed :)

Well as they are not ALLOWED by PayPal to get preorders paid, they can not yet (See previous).

We are not paying for a pre-order, we are paying for the _order_ (pre-order was when we claimed coupons), now it is just a normal order.

See the link someone gave to PapPals terms above. If they can not guarantee a send within 20 days from the payment, it is not allowed.

And as they are talking "Mid September". So unless they produce for stock (and I doubt they will, except a very limited number - but just guessing) then PayPal will unfortunately most likely not be an option.

Ok, I have to appologize, after one more talk with my bank, I was able to pay.

The problem was, that not the entire credit card gets blocked, it's only for this one payment. They told me normally the seller contacts credit card institute in this case to ask for the problems etc., but I get it that this is not possible in this case because of the amount and the kind of small team and they even said normally none online seller contacts them.

It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn’t work, nobody reacts.

Same thing happpened to me.

Technical questions seemed to be answered quite fast but questions regarding the ordering process seemed to be ignored.

Ok, I have to appologize, after one more talk with my bank, I was able to pay.

The problem was, that not the entire credit card gets blocked, it’s only for this one payment. They told me normally the seller contacts credit card institute in this case to ask for the problems etc., but I get it that this is not possible in this case because of the amount and the kind of small team and they even said normally none online seller contacts them.

Glad to hear you got it sorted :)