Sequence of order processing + issues with orders

Actually I feel a bit abandoned by Fxtex. No one replies to mails over the contact option, neither does one in here.

It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn’t work, nobody reacts.

I understand that right now there is probably a lot of work, but no response even after a week seems a bit odd to me.

Same thing happpened to me.

Technical questions seemed to be answered quite fast but questions regarding the ordering process seemed to be ignored.

I have to opposite experience. Support mails regarding ordering are always answered fast. Have you tried using the support button, so you can rule out a problem with mailing?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One bank told me that Fxtec has an error in their request, the other told me that my payment was successful. The order page told me that they payment was not succesful, but the support told me that it was successful. The whole system seems really buggy and instable. Hope I don't get charged twice.

Actually I feel a bit abandoned by Fxtex. No one replies to mails over the contact option, neither does one in here.

It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn’t work, nobody reacts.

I understand that right now there is probably a lot of work, but no response even after a week seems a bit odd to me.

Same thing happpened to me.

Technical questions seemed to be answered quite fast but questions regarding the ordering process seemed to be ignored.

I have to opposite experience. Support mails regarding ordering are always answered fast. Have you tried using the support button, so you can rule out a problem with mailing?

Yes, i used the contact form on the website.

In the meantime i cancelled my order because i dont see a chance to complete the ordering process. :-(

So this case is closed.

This seems to be true. I asked for an alternative payment method last week and up to now i received no answer.

People like me without a credit card are probably out of the game. Maybe we will have to wait for other distribution ways (Amazon, ebay).

The same problem for me. Unfortunately no easy way to buy a >€500 prepaid card in my country neither :-(

I would really like an alternative payment method

This seems to be true. I asked for an alternative payment method last week and up to now i received no answer.

People like me without a credit card are probably out of the game. Maybe we will have to wait for other distribution ways (Amazon, ebay).

The same problem for me. Unfortunately no easy way to buy a >€500 prepaid card in my country neither :-(

We're still working to get PayPal back up. In the meantime, we are now accepting bank transfers for customers who don't have a credit card or have issues paying with one. Please email [email protected] with your existing order number, and we will provide you with our payment details.

Erik

I paid successfuly with a Revolut card. The transaction was marked as suspicious, but after unlocking it manually in the app everything went smooth. Getting an account is quick and easy, afterwards You can get a multicurrency Mastercard (you can get a virtual card immediately or a physical one after waiting a few days, or both), for me there was no place that would decline it in the internet. It's basically free, more info You can find in the Internet.

We’re still working to get PayPal back up. In the meantime, we are now accepting bank transfers for customers who don’t have a credit card or have issues paying with one. Please email [email protected] with your existing order number, and we will provide you with our payment details.

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for this reply. I've already used the PayPal method a couple of weeks ago when it was still up. Further up in this thread there is mention of there being problems with PayPal regulations on pre-orders. Does this mean it will cause a problem for the order? Or will my order go through normally?

I paid for the phone within 4 hours of receiving my email (which I got at 4:00AM).

That was on August 1st.

Over 2 weeks later and it’s still “processing” and not marked as “completed”.

What does that mean?

Send a mail to them (or click the floating support link). as this does sound like a bug. There is no guarantee that they will see your post here..

I paid for the phone within 4 hours of receiving my email (which I got at 4:00AM).

That was on August 1st.

What does that mean?

For me it says "completed" on the pre-orders page and "processing" on the orders page, where did you look?

I thought it’s normal state.

Pre-order is marked as completed, and order is marked as processing..

Yes. Though confusing, that is how it is. And to add to the confusion, there is a wrong text on the Total.

e.g.

€573.00 charged at a future date for 1 item

that should have been something like

€573.00 charged for 1 item

As it is actually charged (at the least mine is)

I paid for my order on 01 August, but I see nothing in my account under either pre-orders or orders. Is there any way to check on our order status?

I guess you are one of those with early orders, before creating a forum account. I have 'invisible' orders too.

I suggest you contact them by either mail, the Contact tab or the floating Support, to have things straighten out.

I paid for my order on 01 August, but I see nothing in my account under either pre-orders or orders. Is there any way to check on our order status?

Note that they are right now sending out mails that they got our payments, see the attached, so if you got/get that, you should be in the clear :)

[attachment file=31915]

That was on August 1st.

What does that mean?

Send a mail to them (or click the floating support link). as this does sound like a bug. There is no guarantee that they will see your post here..

If my pre-order is "completed" but order is at "processing" state, should I also write a mail?

If my pre-order is “completed” but order is at “processing” state, should I also write a mail?

No, that is totally normal, just like what the rest of us see. I guess you shortly will get a mail like the one I got a few hours ago quoted above :)

That was on August 1st.

What does that mean?

If my pre-order is “completed” but order is at “processing” state, should I also write a mail?

If you read the posts above, I think you will see that what you describe is the normal state for most of us. I would imagine orders will be "processing" until the phones are actually shipped. However, I'm just guessing.

It seems that, and I could be wrong, a recent email from Fxtec could help clarify.

If your email says thanks for your order and shows a packaging photo, their system thinks you ordered one.

If your email says you need to pay or the price will go up, their system thinks you preordered but didnt pay.

If I didn't get any emails or got both or more than one of of one, I'd be wondering what's up...

I have to admit, that all this looks very unprofessional and suspicious. The order page saying "to be charged at a future date" even though I have already paid? E-mails saying that You have to pay now or the price will go up - even though we had here, on the forum, an information from FxTec worker that there is nothing like that in plan? And this whole strategy - I get it, niche device, not many pieces comparing to other producers etc. But have you ever seen a company increasing a price of a device which nobody has even got yet? Are You serious FxTec??? I have already paid, but that whole situation is making me considering a claim to my bank that I should demand my money back ASAP through chargeback.

Think about it this way: normally we have 30 days to claim the transaction. Remind me please, when are the phones planned to be sent? Oh yeah, it's just a few days AFTER that 30 days period. To me it's starting to look like one big scam. "Pay now or You will have to pay more later" - or you mean "Pay now or You will be able to get your money back"? Come on...

We’re still working to get PayPal back up. In the meantime, we are now accepting bank transfers for customers who don’t have a credit card or have issues paying with one. Please email [email protected] with your existing order number, and we will provide you with our payment details.

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for this reply. I’ve already used the PayPal method a couple of weeks ago when it was still up. Further up in this thread there is mention of there being problems with PayPal regulations on pre-orders. Does this mean it will cause a problem for the order? Or will my order go through normally?

That was on August 1st.

What does that mean?

Processing is the default status for all paid orders, which are waiting to be processed/shipped by F(x)tec.

Once a pre-order is paid, the pre-order is complete, and to our shopping system, it becomes an "order" which is then pending to be processed. It will only be marked as complete once the device is shipped.

Erik

I thought it’s normal state.

Pre-order is marked as completed, and order is marked as processing..

Correct, that's how all paid orders display. No further action is required from your side. The next step is shipping your Pro1. This applies to everyone whose order is set to "Processing", while the pre-order is "Complete".

You have completed your pre-order because we have now collected the payment for it. Consequently, the "order" is awaiting to be processed/shipped.

Erik

I have to admit, that all this looks very unprofessional and suspicious. The order page saying “to be charged at a future date” even though I have already paid? E-mails saying that You have to pay now or the price will go up – even though we had here, on the forum, an information from FxTec worker that there is nothing like that in plan? And this whole strategy – I get it, niche device, not many pieces comparing to other producers etc. But have you ever seen a company increasing a price of a device which nobody has even got yet? Are You serious FxTec??? I have already paid, but that whole situation is making me considering a claim to my bank that I should demand my money back ASAP through chargeback.

Think about it this way: normally we have 30 days to claim the transaction. Remind me please, when are the phones planned to be sent? Oh yeah, it’s just a few days AFTER that 30 days period. To me it’s starting to look like one big scam. “Pay now or You will have to pay more later” – or you mean “Pay now or You will be able to get your money back”? Come on…

"To be charged at a future date" is a description of the product for customers who have pre-ordered their device before us accepting payments. If you have completed the payment, no further action would be needed from your side.

Existing pre-orders will keep their price as it was displayed during their pre-order. This will only change for new pre-orders/orders once the device launches.

The strategy for increasing price after launch is very common and is seen amongst all types of companies - smartphones, cars, etc. This is often observed in crowdfunded products, which usually come with no money back guarantees should the project fail to deliver. In our case, you're making a consumer purchase, which comes with many benefits, but most importantly, a guarantee that your order will be delivered, and 14 days return policy after shipping in the rare occasion that you may need to return a product. (not an Indiegogo or Kickstarter investment which doesn't class as a sale).

As for your peace of mind, banks are generally happy to accept credit card disputes for at least 60 days, most do that for 90 days. Of course, however, this wouldn't be necessary as your orders are expected to start shipping in mid-September.

One issue I did confirm though, which I am glad you mentioned, is that it still says "To be charged at a future date" for pre-orders which are placed now. This description will be removed for new pre-orders as we now take payments as soon as new pre-orders are placed. It will, however, remain the same for early pre-orders, as again, we didn't take payments for those until 2 weeks ago.

Erik

Existing pre-orders will keep their price as it was displayed during their pre-order. This will only change for new pre-orders/orders once the device launches.

To clarify this, since it has a lot of discussions. People which have preordered but not paid because they are waiting on the scandi layout (just an example) will pay which price?

How long is the preorder valid without paying?

Thanks for clarification. Still, the whole situation would look to me suspicious if I would find out about this device for example a week ago - it's not really encouraging with this whole misinformation here (see also the discussion about the Scandi keyboard in the topic about the price). Still, 650€ is already a lot and increasing this price BEFORE the first items are DELIVERED does not look good from my point of view - it would be fully understandable if the price increases after official premiere, but there was no such event yet.

To clarify this, since it has a lot of discussions. People which have preordered but not paid because they are waiting on the scandi layout (just an example) will pay which price?

How long is the preorder valid without paying?

The price will remain the same for anyone who has a pre-order. While we don't yet know if we're going to have a Scandinavian layout, as that requires a certain level of demand to be reached, should that happen and a user has an unpaid pre-order, they will be able to keep their original price.

Erik