Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

58 minutes ago, netman said:

i'm mostly shocked we only notice this now 😄

I noticed it long ago, but never reported it, as I saw it as just an oddity as I could not imagine a scenario where this setting would ever be selected Off by anyone, As I combined it with using the keyboard open in portrait, and thought that meaningless, but off course it is not. One could argue that used in portrait the arrow-functions should be rotated counter clockwise - but that might not be easy to make orientation dependent.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

6 hours ago, rejujacob said:

On startup it says "SIM 1 not provisioned", whereas actually it should be SIM 2, as it's not activated. 

However the SIM numbers are shown correctly in settings etc. 

Just to be sure. We do agree that it is the inner SIM-slot that is SIM1, and the dual-slot SIM2, right? If I set pin-request on, it on boot ask me on pin for slot 1/2 matching that.
I do not see the message you mention on boot though.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Just to be sure. We do agree that it is the inner SIM-slot that is SIM1, and the dual-slot SIM2, right? If I set pin-request on, it on boot ask me on pin for slot 1/2 matching that.
I do not see the message you mention on boot though.

Yes, inner slot is for SIM1 and dual slot is for SIM2.

When I remove the SIM2 and reboot there's no warning, SIM1 is still in slot and is working fine.

But as soon as I reinsert the SIM2 it says "SIM 1 not provisioned"  SIM1 is still in slot and is working fine.

On the Keyone it correctly says "SIM2 not provisioned" as my SIM2 is not activated or connected to network.

• Thanks 1
On 1/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, FlyingAntero said:

I can confirm this bug (QWERTZ unit). I was writing a message to a forum on Chrome and suddenly text field was full of empty rows. I believe that return key spammed new lines there. This has happened only once so far.

This happened to me 2 times yesterday. However, I have faced this issue only in Chrome so far even so I have been writing alot with other apps as well (mails, notes, docs etc).

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

This happened to me 2 times yesterday. However, I have faced this issue only in Chrome so far even so I have been writing alot with other apps as well (mails, notes, docs etc).

That is interesting. Would be interesting to know if it for others too are limited to Chrome. This might help debugging if it is Chrome that is somehow interfering with the keyboard.

5 hours ago, DieBruine said:

If you enable Developer Mode you can force APTX or any other codec for that matter under developer options... Try forcing it, maybe it will succeed. It could be just a handshake issue.

I did, it still didn't work for me, only SBC mode... I realize BT is generally cranky and it could just be that my headset and the phone don't like each other 😁

Hi there,

Don't know if it's the right place. If I may, I have 1 potential bug and a request.

It happens time to time that 4 specific keys, once pressed, are repeating themselves until I press another one. Such as the 'Key pressed' event is recorded but not the 'key release' event. It concerns keys [6][7][n][m], and it is not always the case. It give a text like "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" or "66666666666".  It happened maybe 10 times this past week. This behavior can disappear if I close the keyboard and switch the phone to sleep, but not always. I have the stock android, with last update. FinQwerty does not change the behavior.

The other thing I wanted to ask is if there is a way, or if it is planned/possible to have the word suggestion bar with the physical keyboard out ?

Thanks !

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Muth said:

Hi there,

Don't know if it's the right place. If I may, I have 1 potential bug and a request.

It happens time to time that 4 specific keys, once pressed, are repeating themselves until I press another one. Such as the 'Key pressed' event is recorded but not the 'key release' event. It concerns keys [6][7][n][m], and it is not always the case. It give a text like "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" or "66666666666".  It happened maybe 10 times this past week. This behavior can disappear if I close the keyboard and switch the phone to sleep, but not always. I have the stock android, with last update. FinQwerty does not change the behavior.

The other thing I wanted to ask is if there is a way, or if it is planned/possible to have the word suggestion bar with the physical keyboard out ?

Thanks !

The second part swiftkey can do. Surprisingly (to me) it supports a physical keyboard quite well 🙂

On the first, Have you noticed if it happens anywhere or in Chrome? I understand others see keyboard issues inside chrome.

17 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The second part swiftkey can do. Surprisingly (to me) it supports a physical keyboard quite well 🙂

On the first, Have you noticed if it happens anywhere or in Chrome? I understand others see keyboard issues inside chrome.

Thanks ! I'll try swiftkey.

EDIT: swiftkey is the solution, very convenient ! (Even if the google warning is a bit scary: "this app could record all your key type including passwords" )

For the bug, I saw it mainly while using firefox and whatsapp, didn't try chrome in fact.

Edited by Muth
update
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Muth said:

I had an exact same behaviour when "Button Mapper" was installed.
I think not really Button Mapper was the problem but the amount of buttons of the device has, which may cause slowdowns.

So I think every applications which tries to subscribe for several key events can cause similar problems.

I suggest you to try uninstalling related applications and see if this problem has gone.

I have a problem recording videos without audio filter enabled.

For example, "Footej Camera" has an option of "Microphone audio source tuned for video recording", but only a few seconds are good and the rest has filtered audio.

I could also not find a suitable "raw" audio source in Open Camera.

It would be good to solve it somehow so I could record audio without any filtering.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Does not sound right, contact support and hear what they suggests.

Doubt it will help. I have problems with screen being slightly to the right, it can be felt but can't be shown on photos, however I can lift the screen with nails because it extends little over the top case and I showed it to them and it's a nice place for a dust to get under the screen and it can be perfectly shown on photos. Support didn't quite believe me even after sending videos and when I asked them few times for the location of closest authorized service so they can confirm it, they ignored that question few times. I guess I will try again... They've seen that my phone was dropped once so they thing it's because of that. They told me that all they can do is to send me new screen IF it's justified and that's all, however it's clear that the problem is not the screen itself. And who's going to fix the phone for me? Fxtec warranty is as good as none when there's no one to fix the phone.

Edited by Gon009
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, VaZso said:

I had an exact same behaviour when "Button Mapper" was installed.
I think not really Button Mapper was the problem but the amount of buttons of the device has, which may cause slowdowns.

So I think every applications which tries to subscribe for several key events can cause similar problems.

I suggest you to try uninstalling related applications and see if this problem has gone.

24 hours without the bug after I installed swiftkey, so you're right it seems a software issue.

20 hours ago, VaZso said:

I have a problem recording videos without audio filter enabled.

For example, "Footej Camera" has an option of "Microphone audio source tuned for video recording", but only a few seconds are good and the rest has filtered audio.

I could also not find a suitable "raw" audio source in Open Camera.

It would be good to solve it somehow so I could record audio without any filtering.

I also tried to get audio recording to work whitout filters with multiple camera softwares but results are allways the same. Few seconds are good but then all sounds except talking voices gets cut off. Also all videos and photos are 180 turned when viewed at computer. With photos this is not a big problem but videos are harder to turn.

17 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Odd thing.
Not sure if it's a bug or a setting thing.
With all my other phones if the phone is in use making calls - as in up against my face - the display is dark (as in black) until I pull it away.
With the Pro1, the display never darkens.

Mine does. I suggest you to check distance sensor somehow - like in app called sensors.
So what is interesting if "Proximity" shows 5.0 cm if sensor is not covered and 0.0 cm if sensor is covered.
The sensor is at the left side of earpiece.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Mine does. I suggest you to check distance sensor somehow - like in app called sensors.
So what is interesting if "Proximity" shows 5.0 cm if sensor is not covered and 0.0 cm if sensor is covered.
The sensor is at the left side of earpiece.

Hmmm... Couldn't find anything. Couldn't find Proximity anything.

Edited by sequestris
On 1/30/2020 at 5:51 AM, peter.s.fidelman said:

Hello!

Loving the Pro1, but has anyone found that when talking on the phone, the speaker cuts out unless the phone is held firmly closed?  If it "falls open" even a little bit, the audio turns off!

To work around this, I often use speakerphone, which does not have the same problem.

EDIT: This doesn't happen 100% of the time. I have observed the ear speaker working when the keyboard slider is open.

I had the same problem when I received my phone today - actually I had to press my ear firmly to the phone, regardless if open or closed. After much fiddling with it and test software, turned out that the plastic behind the upper left part of the phone (behind the screen, not on the keyboard body) has been loose. When I pressed it with fingers behind and in front of the screen, it went "click" and the receiver audio suddenly started working all the time. This is interesting as there is supposed to be a screw there - it has one of the screw caps that are all over the screen back. Can somebody that knows more about the screen hardware comment about this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know it is hard to chase such problems, but today I had an error message I never encountered before.

When I have tried to unlock the phone, fingerprint reader did not work.
I have thought it is because of too many attempts, so I have pressed power button.

It showed my lock screen and an error message about fingerprint sensor.
I have tried to unlock and lock the phone several times and when I have turned screen on, the same message was displayed every time.

It says: "The hardware required for fingerprint is unreachable."

I had to reboot the phone to get it work again (and set my fingerprints again as usual because it forgets them for me on every reboots).

Uptime was a bit above 9 days anyway.

Screenshot.png

30 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Odd thing.
Not sure if it's a bug or a setting thing.
With all my other phones if the phone is in use making calls - as in up against my face - the display is dark (as in black) until I pull it away.
With the Pro1, the display never darkens.

Mine also did this until I pressed the screen front and back - the proximity sensor started working better and black out the screen. Check my previous post above this one (okay - the last on the previous page:).

Edited by bundyo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bundyo said:

I had the same problem when I received my phone today - actually I had to press my ear firmly to the phone, regardless if open or closed. After much fiddling with it and test software, turned out that the plastic behind the upper left part of the phone (behind the screen, not on the keyboard body) has been loose. When I pressed it with fingers behind and in front of the screen, it went "click" and the receiver audio suddenly started working all the time. This is interesting as there is supposed to be a screw there - it has one of the screw caps that are all over the screen back. Can somebody that knows more about the screen hardware comment about this?

Thanks. Seems to be fixed now :)

• Like 2