LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

Have anybody else noticed an issue with screenlock? Or what it should be called, I don't know. But the point is that sometimes, while the device is in my pocket and screen is off (by pressing power button), looks like the digitizer still works and receives touch input. This results the same way as the old non-smartphones when you forgot to lock buttons before putting the phone in your pocket; it may call somewhere, opens apps, opens new tabs in browser, opens random websites etc, and spends quite an amount of battery. First time it happened when I had Google Maps navigation on but screen powered off, and it drove me crazy figuring out. Even reboot didn't help, because the system opened Maps again, after reboot, because it was running before reboot. Finally I closed Maps manually and the issue was gone by it. So I thought the issue is related to google maps, but yesterday it happened without having maps running. It acts like a virus/someone remotely using my phone, but doesn't get anything really harmful done.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

Maybe someone here knows:

I´ve installed the official Corona warn app from german government which uses the new expose notification framework from Google (implemented in play services 17.x and higher - I´m running the latest 20.x version).

However, it complains that it can´t find the api - and the same seems to happen for all Xiaomi users.

Does anyone know what´s missing here? Is this something that can even be fixed with an OS like Lineage?

It's my first flash (I have never flashed any custom ROM before) and test13 doesn't work for me. After flashing I get: "Can't load Android system. Your data may continue to get this message, you may ne factory data reset and erase all user da device".

/edit: test10 works fine.

Edited by marmistrz
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, schmittlauch said:

I just feel a bit uncomfortable flashing something MITMable to my phone, where the verification hash also comes from the same vulnerable site.

The site is not vulnerable. Just the connection between the web server running there and your web browser is not encrypted resulting that somebody along the route could read the information.

3 hours ago, auvo.salmi said:

Have anybody else noticed an issue with screenlock? Or what it should be called, I don't know. But the point is that sometimes, while the device is in my pocket and screen is off (by pressing power button), looks like the digitizer still works and receives touch input. This results the same way as the old non-smartphones when you forgot to lock buttons before putting the phone in your pocket; it may call somewhere, opens apps, opens new tabs in browser, opens random websites etc, and spends quite an amount of battery. First time it happened when I had Google Maps navigation on but screen powered off, and it drove me crazy figuring out. Even reboot didn't help, because the system opened Maps again, after reboot, because it was running before reboot. Finally I closed Maps manually and the issue was gone by it. So I thought the issue is related to google maps, but yesterday it happened without having maps running. It acts like a virus/someone remotely using my phone, but doesn't get anything really harmful done.

I have noticed this on stock, but have always just assumed I accidently pressed the power button to turn the screen on.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone managed to install the F-Droid privileged OTA? I flashed it as usual with adb sideload, but the app is missing from the launcher and the f-droid apks are nowhere to be found on the filesystem. /edit: I created a tutorial on the forum

Edited by marmistrz
6 hours ago, EvilDragon said:

Maybe someone here knows:

I´ve installed the official Corona warn app from german government which uses the new expose notification framework from Google (implemented in play services 17.x and higher - I´m running the latest 20.x version).

However, it complains that it can´t find the api - and the same seems to happen for all Xiaomi users.

Does anyone know what´s missing here? Is this something that can even be fixed with an OS like Lineage?

Apparently the German corona-warn-app is only available from Play Store in Germany (known issue on github), so I installed it from apkmirror (here).  It installs and starts fine on my device using test13 and Play Services 20.18.17.  Is there a particular function in the app that fails?

5 hours ago, marmistrz said:

It's my first flash (I have never flashed any custom ROM before) and test13 doesn't work for me. After flashing I get: "Can't load Android system. Your data may continue to get this message, you may ne factory data reset and erase all user da device".

/edit: test10 works fine.

Which version of stock did you have running prior to flashing Lineage?

Does upgrading to test12 or test13 work, or are you stuck on test10?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tdm said:

Apparently the German corona-warn-app is only available from Play Store in Germany (known issue on github), so I installed it from apkmirror (here).  It installs and starts fine on my device using test13 and Play Services 20.18.17.  Is there a particular function in the app that fails?

Hm, I'm getting the error:

"CAUSE: 3
Something went wrong

Error when communicating with Google API(17)"

Details say:

"Nearby.EXPOSURE_NOTIFICATION_API is not available on this device. Connection failed with: a(statusCode=UNKNOWN_ERROR_CODE(39507), resolution=null,message=null)"

and a lot more stuff.

That happens right after installation when it tries top open the API.

I'm on Google Play Services 20.21.15, so it's even more recent than yours.

Hm, maybe it's some of the Google stuff I froze (Google Partner Setup?) - but, hey, flashing test13 did remove my root (even though it's enabled in the developer settings), so I guess I need to reinstall su first 🙂

Corona-Warn is working for me.

I´m on Play Services 20.21.17

Google-App is 11.14.6.21.arm64

lineage test13 - not rooted

Trust data protection is deactivated for Google and Play-Services

That´s about it what I believe could be different on your Pro1.

Edit: do you see the Corona options under Settings -> Google ?

Screenshot_20200617-204852_Google_Play-Dienste.png

Edited by Wheeljack
9 hours ago, hka said:

I have noticed this on stock, but have always just assumed I accidently pressed the power button to turn the screen on.

Yeah, could be  because of this. I have had only swype as screenlock, and I have thought that it should be enough to prevent accidental logins (or at least it used to be enough in older Android versions, but looks like nowadays any kind of tapping/toughing the screen will unlock it if power button is pressed earlier). So I added code lock, let's see if it fixes the problem.

I've got two questions about some issues where I don't know if that's an issue with LineageOS or if it also happens with the stock Android version.
1. Noise cancellation: If I grab a loud sound with the camera or microphone (in example whatsapp), it is fine for two seconds and then it gets much quieter while sounding very bad. Is there any way to prevent the phone from doing that? I tried grabbing rain and a gong and both sounded very weird and much quieter after around two seconds.
If wanted, I can add sound files.

2. Light sensor: When I use the phone as a navigation device in the car, the screen doesn't really brighten up with the daylight. I have to manually brighten it up every time, which thanks to LineageOS is easier by just swiping the notification bar. Still, my old phones were slow at changing brightness but they did that without any problems. I fear that is an hardware issue with a bad sensor placement.
2.1. Also, at night, the screen doesn't dim lower than ~20% brightness if set on Auto brightness.  If I set it to 0%, it will gradually grow back to ~20%. This wouldn't be such an issue if there wasn't this strange greenish color when the phone is set to brightness levels of ~10-30%.

Is there any way to change the brightness curve myself? This could probably fix both issues.

3 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Corona-Warn is working for me.

I´m on Play Services 20.21.17

Google-App is 11.14.6.21.arm64

lineage test13 - not rooted

Trust data protection is deactivated for Google and Play-Services

That´s about it what I believe could be different on your Pro1.

Edit: do you see the Corona options under Settings -> Google ?

Nope, I don´t even have the settings, they don´t pop up.

Hm, maybe I´ll reset to factory settings. Never did that since intalling my first LineageOS build... I always simply upgraded.

Okay, did the update and think I fixed most of the issues.

The Corona App did work after I manually updated the Google Play Services using the latest APK from apkmirror.
No idea, why it didn't work before though, probably a bug in the Play Services version I was using.

Additionally, I reinstalled supersu - which made the AudioDAC Booster work again.
I do remember that I installed this as someone suggested that this can fix some audio issues - so this probably was what fixed the WhatsApp issue I had (I need to check and confirm this though). If that's the case, then there's a bug with the current LineageOS version which could be fixed by checking what the AudioDAC Booster does :)

Finally, at least for me, the keyboard is still not correct:

Fn + L now produces # instead of '

So it has changed, but it's still not correct (unless I did something wrong).

• Thanks 1

Is anyone else seeing horizontal lines flickering across the screen with test14?  I saw this with stock but haven't seen it with Lineage until today.  So the DT2W kernel patch must be the cause.

10 minutes ago, tdm said:

Is anyone else seeing horizontal lines flickering across the screen with test14?  I saw this with stock but haven't seen it with Lineage until today.  So the DT2W kernel patch must be the cause.

I updated to test 14.  Everything went smoothly.  Not seeing any horizontal lines, flickering or otherwise, but will let you know if that changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hook said:

I updated to test 14.  Everything went smoothly.  Not seeing any horizontal lines, flickering or otherwise, but will let you know if that changes.

Same here.

BTW @tdm "Horizontal" is perhaps not the most clear term, for a phone being used in both directions.  😉

• Like 1
On 6/17/2020 at 5:13 PM, tdm said:

Which version of stock did you have running prior to flashing Lineage?

Does upgrading to test12 or test13 work, or are you stuck on test10?

I think I have flashed all the available updates to stock before flashing Lineage. Btw. is it possible to update firmware without reverting to stock?
Can I somehow make a restorable backup with the LineageOS recovery or something else, so that I can go back to test10 if things go wrong? Or will A/B just do the right thing for me?

I can't find the option in the LOS recovery. Is the TWRP from some different thread compatible with LineageOS? (there's no separate recovery in system-as-root, that's why I'm asking)

Edited by marmistrz
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Same here.

BTW @tdm "Horizontal" is perhaps not the most clear term, for a phone being used in both directions.  😉

Okay let's assume for now it only affects pre-production devices.  I'll still look into it though because it is quite annoying.

And yes, perhaps not the best description.  But if you see it, you'll know...

• Haha 2