On the pre-production status

5 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

Ok but what about the units that allegedly shipped to asian backers on the 29th? How is there not even a twitter mention? Did the units get lost in transit? Were the lucky asian people suddenly kidnapped? Or did they not ship?

How in the world do you classify that as "not stellar". It's becoming hard to not see it as a straight up lie.

Again this thing. Yeah communication was really bad. Maybe they even lied knowingly (I don't think so, but it is possible).
But why posting about that in user2user forum? They only thing you can do is order that damn thing or don't order it. That is all the vote you have.

Yeah I understand that it can make someone angry when you want the device but don't like what the company does. That is the real world. You must decide if you will buy it anyway or not. Nothing will change if somebody post the same stuff every 3 days. There was more than enough constructive feedback, FxTec is aware that a lot of people are not happy about a lot of stuff. The whining is useless.

I will stay. I like the hardware and I know that it can be overwhelming to try not disappointing and awful lot of people. This whole project is pretty difficult and it puts a lot of pressure on some persons. They wish to make you happy and may tell stuff they can not deliver. But they have no experience in this. Possibly their partners are telling them the same stuff and they do not have the experience to know that it never works like they say. There is so much unforeseeable stuff that can happen. Anticipating them is a matter of experience so they maybe the fuck up so hard because they want to give us good news when they get them.

• Thanks 5
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Yeah I understand that it can make someone angry when you want the device but don't like what the company does. That is the real world. You must decide if you will buy it anyway or not. Nothing will change if somebody post the same stuff every 3 days

In my case this is untrue. I didn't sign up for the pre order experience. Look at their shop page and tell me where it says so?

If I had backed the project on indiegogo or kickstarter sure, I'd be cutting them a lot of slack.

And I can't even get out 🙄. My refund has been pending for almost 2 weeks now. In IT we have a saying, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it's probably a duck...

Actually, Galaxy Fold pre-orders were cancelled two times. First in May and then in September second time.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, kthxbye said:

In my case this is untrue. I didn't sign up for the pre order experience. Look at their shop page and tell me where it says so?

If I had backed the project on indiegogo or kickstarter sure, I'd be cutting them a lot of slack.

And I can't even get out 🙄. My refund has been pending for almost 2 weeks now. In IT we have a saying, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it's probably a duck...

As said, the critic on their communication is valid.
Where have you requested your refund? Directly at the fxtec support or over you CC company?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Actually, Galaxy Fold pre-orders were cancelled two times. First in May and then in September second time.

And I thought I was crazy for pre-ordering a 650$ phone, but there are people who were pre-ordering a 3000$ phone xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, Doktor Oswaldo said:

As said, the critic on their communication is valid.
Where have you requested your refund? Directly at the fxtec support or over you CC company?

FXtec support. And yes, I have asked about it several times since then. They also proposed/claimed some fishy stuff that I am not going to start spreading, but it was quite weird. I haven't gone through my bank or a lawyer yet because I don't want to hurt them.

11 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

Ok but what about the units that allegedly shipped to asian backers on the 29th? How is there not even a twitter mention? Did the units get lost in transit? Were the lucky asian people suddenly kidnapped? Or did they not ship?

How in the world do you classify that as "not stellar". It's becoming hard to not see it as a straight up lie.

...that is one possibility, or the (poor) communication have been interpreted wrongly.

It is a bit like before the wall came down, where all kind of things was attempted deduced from the scraps of information that came out from the Kremlin. Would we have preferred much more information? Absolutely!! Are all the things we deduce/guess from what we can scrape together correct? Most likely not!!

I for one (mis?)read their earlier communication as if there would be TWO "Fulfilment warehouses", one for the the EU and one for the US, but that the rest would be sent directly.

We later understood that there will be THREE. That is an additional one for "the rest of the world". And that the first batch was sent to these warehouses on the 29.

So either they changed plans by adding a third warehouse to the distribution chain, or that had been the plan all they and we had misinterpreted their intentions - I don't know.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

To be fair to Samsung here: As I remember it, the first cancel was Best Buy's own initiative. Not something initiated by Samsung.

2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

...that is one possibility, or the (poor) communication have been interpreted wrongly.

It is a bit like before the wall came down, where all kind of things was attempted deduced from the scraps of information that came out from the Kremlin. Would we have preferred much more information? Absolutely!! Are all the things we deduce/guess from what we can scrape together correct? Most likely not!!

I for one (mis?)read their earlier communication as if there would be TWO "Fulfilment warehouses", one for the the EU and one for the US, but that the rest would be sent directly.

We later understood that there will be THREE. That is an additional one for "the rest of the world". And that the first batch was sent to these warehouses on the 29.

So either they changed plans by adding a third warehouse to the distribution chain, or that had been the plan all they and we had misinterpreted their intentions - I don't know.

Direct quote from Eric:

"Yes and no. A percentage of the first batch, proportional to how many orders we have in Asia has been shipped from our Hong Kong warehouse to customers at the same time stock left on it's way to our UK and US warehouses. This is a very small quantity, so the earliest I expect (and hope) people will share some pictures of arrived devices would be next week."

It's quite specific. So might be internal communication error (I know Eric is not a public relations person) but especially the past tense makes it very very hard to believe that they shipped to another warehouse before shipping to asian customers.

3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

To be fair to Samsung here: As I remember it, the first cancel was Best Buy's own initiative. Not something initiated by Samsung.

I am not sure but I think that Samsung also cancelled pre-orders. I did not pre-order Galaxy Fold so I do not know for sure what happened.

Anyway, even big companies like Samsung can have huge delivery issues. I am fine if F(x)tec is able to ship all pre-orders before the end of this year. Even better if I can receive my unit during this month.

• Thanks 2
Just now, kthxbye said:

Direct quote from Eric:

"Yes and no. A percentage of the first batch, proportional to how many orders we have in Asia has been shipped from our Hong Kong warehouse to customers at the same time stock left on it's way to our UK and US warehouses. This is a very small quantity, so the earliest I expect (and hope) people will share some pictures of arrived devices would be next week."

It's quite specific. So might be internal communication error (I know Eric is not a public relations person) but especially the past tense makes it very very hard to believe that they shipped to another warehouse before shipping to asian customers.

It could well be that Erik (unfortunately) just like I did, had interpreted it as that was the intention, but it might never have been so...

Unfortunately we are guessing on how things are going to be distributed, see one elaborated guess from @VaZso from yesterday here. We do not KNOW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

What we are really seeing is that its not the wait that is killing us but its the lack of info when it comes to delivery. I am not gonna sit here and say I'm cool with the wait as I do really want this phone and had to do a second job to make sure I had the money to purchase.

Realistically I would love a real email to go out giving a realistic time line and also suggesting which order numbers will get a phone within each batch so we are not all sat speculating. Do not get me wrong I am becoming a fiend to my emails looking for FxTec (even going to the junk folder in case). Complaining will not speed up the process although it is frustrating it is just a waiting game and if any FxTec peeps see this maybe look into doing a mass email like you did before in regards to tech and hardware updates? 🙂

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, robert.prior1985 said:

What we are really seeing is that its not the wait that is killing us but its the lack of info when it comes to delivery. I am not gonna sit here and say I'm cool with the wait as I do really want this phone and had to do a second job to make sure I had the money to purchase.

Realistically I would love a real email to go out giving a realistic time line and also suggesting which order numbers will get a phone within each batch so we are not all sat speculating. Do not get me wrong I am becoming a fiend to my emails looking for FxTec (even going to the junk folder in case). Complaining will not speed up the process although it is frustrating it is just a waiting game and if any FxTec peeps see this maybe look into doing a mass email like you did before in regards to tech and hardware updates? 🙂

I understand that really well (and it doesn't sound like complaining).
But things like that have been asked for a long time. FxTec somehow does not seem to either can't give us these information or just don't want to (they may be business reasons for that).

Most likely the only official thing you will get is the Tracking Number in a Mail (hopefully soon).

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, robert.prior1985 said:

Apart from what @Doktor Oswaldo already replied, I'm absolutely sure that they believe their time line estimates to be realistic when they give them.

The sooner stuff can get on the street the better for their total sales. Unfortunately for them it is beginning to look very tight to be able to offer new orders (after the pre-orders have been handled) to be available before Xmas, as certainly would be the best for their sales. And I'm sure they work as hard as possible to get to that point.

I hope for them that batch three is large enough to not only cover the pre-orders, but also to have some extra for immediate sales.

• Like 5

@EskeRahn I am 100% with you in the hopes that they get a chance to get them on retail before Xmas. The way I see it is the better they do means the phone will continue to be supported and have fixes, upgrades etc. I am sure they have the pressure not just of consumers but also from investors and that is also why I said before they really do not want to deliver a phone full of bugs which breaks easy.

I'm just excited for it to be delivered soon. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Apart from what @Doktor Oswaldo already replied, I'm absolutely sure that they believe their time line estimates to be realistic when they give them.

So basically poor management? I don't care if it's in their control or not, when they promise and don't deliver it's because they didn't look far enough ahead. I find that worse than lying.

And they still keep posting little bits and pieces of information on various channels: twitter, talk maemo, Vimeo, email, and this forum. If I follow none of these apart from email, I would be under the impression devices were shipped October 29. They knew very well how small the batch was but kept all of us hoping anyway. So now we're in the second or possibly even third batch

Beyond annoyed at this point and I was one of the first non IGG payers

Edited by npatel1050
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
7 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

So basically poor management? I don't care if it's in their control or not, when they promise and don't deliver it's because they didn't look far enough ahead. I find that worse than lying.

So you are saying that it is worse if they are accidentally wrong than if it was deliberate?? You lost me there....😲

I think the key word here is "promise", as it is quite fuzzy who said what and when, and with what authority, and thus it is fuzzy if we actually got anything "promised" on the delivery, or they were/are just stating their intentions and WE interpret that as promises.

1 hour ago, npatel1050 said:

And they still keep posting little bits and pieces of information on various channels: twitter, talk maemo, Vimeo, email, and this forum. If I follow none of these apart from email, I would be under the impression devices were shipped October 29. They knew very well how small the batch was but kept all of us hoping anyway. So now we're in the second or possibly even third batch

Beyond annoyed at this point and I was one of the first non IGG payers

Not to be a dick, but: you do better. I will buy the phone you and your friends make today if you have one. I know I don't and I can't do better.

I would prefer a better communication, but I do not have a choice, do I? And in turn, I am sure they would prefer to have a PR team, logistics team, their own factory in my neighborhood and yours, have at least 5 different models for us to choose from, colors and personal engraving, keyboard layouts, you name it.

But then reality check comes in, and suddenly: no one else is doing this; small team means everyone has to do everything, they sometimes do it badly (techies suck at PR, esp. when working overtime and under pressure), small quantity means more expensive device, and higher risks, new product on the market means risks at customs etc. etc. 

Delays do not mean:

* total incompetence

* evil plots

Yes, there is lack of experience, I think the device itself might have its baby problems (both software glitches, hardware issues), but you have to start somewhere, especially when your resources are limited, which I assume is the case. I am surprised how they could pull this off as it is, when no big company dares to go there.

Edited by is
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am from Hong Kong. I know that FX has decided to setup a warehouse in Hong Kong. However, here is very dangerous and unstable. The Hong Kong Police Force has made lots of mass and kill many people. Tear gas and bullets are everywhere. They attacked Masjid (the church of Islam) and are now invading the college and shooting the students :"(. I don't know when (whether)  it will stop. Therefore, if FX is deciding to setup a warehouse in Hong Kong and arrange such distribution, I don't know whether the countries near Hong Kong can receive the phone in 2019. So sad and so sorry for that. I don't know what to do in here anymore...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

I have permission to share this email from support:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your message. I hope you’re doing well.

The first batch of the Pro1 has now been shipped to our earliest pre-orders, and we should hopefully see some of them sharing pictures and reviewing their devices online by the end of this week. Please be aware that the first batch is very small compared to the next one which is due to follow by the end of this month - November. If you haven’t yet received a shipping confirmation email, it means your order was not in the first batch. Again, the next mass batch will fulfil your order, alongside most pre-orders. We plan to be in general availability before Christmas, so all pre-orders will be completed and shipped in time for the holidays.

considering my preorder number is in the 6000s, I'm not exactly surprised I'm not in the first batch.

it seems people in batches 2+ are going to recieve their phone around later this month or early/mid next month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, oliviersenn6 said:

it seems people in batches 2+ are going to recieve their phone around later this month or early/mid next month

Given there track record I expect their end of the month date is when things will leave the factory and it will still be 2-3 weeks from peoples hands.  So we are still a month away which is what we've been told for how many months?

• Like 2

It's good that support have given you that relatively comprehensive response. Not wishing to jump straight on the negative, but last week they told me that the second batch is following 'mid November', not 'by the end of November'. It may be that the support person is referring to a different stage of what people here have clearly identified as a complex, multi-stage, shipping process. I wish they'd get their terminology correct in that case. I, and I know many others, don't really care when the devices leave the factory. I just want to know when mine will be with me.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, glumreaper said:

I just want to know when mine will be with me.

And the "just" is the issue here, as this simple and natural question is so hard to answer, as so many things can affect it....

I mean if I send a postcard to my neighbourgh in a reasonable organised country like Denmark it could be anything from one to seven days...

And the whole travel of the Pro1 from the factory to our doorsteps involves so many unpredictable factors that could influence it. Including - but not limited to - customs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1