On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

I will definitely leave a negative review after the whole story. This is not how you deal with customers. This is partly kidding the customer

Please don't. Or at least clearly separate the product review from the support communication review. We all want fxtec to get on their feet and produce more phones in the future.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just don't understand. If you (the company) don't have exact dates, then take a little heat up front sand say "We're not sure, but once we know we will share that info" instead of constantly reneging on promises. Simply put this is bullsh*t. Yes I'm excited for my phone, and I will keep waiting, and I understand that that's all they care about. But this PR department is either run by people that genuinely do not care about their customers or they're in the second grade.

I'm in the group with Stock assigned earlier this month (US). Had they told me back then that my stock was assigned and more info would come later this month, that would have been enough. Instead, putting it off every week and then only giving more information when I (or others) specifically request it is just garbage. 

Edited by rubleaj
(spelling)
  • Thanks 1

Next week is my pro1 payment anniversary, they might just get it delivered to me by then, who knows. Recieved the stock assigned letter on 6th of July, nothing after that.

The worst is that in august 2019 I was ready for an extended wait, I understood it's a small company and they were bound to mess up something. But they kept baiting: next week, next month, by christmas and so on. I never asked for this.

BTW, I live in Russia and our customs tax increased from 20usd in 2019 to 60 usd in 2020 for a pro1. And it's real financial loss on my side, caused by fxtec not fulfiling their part of the deal.

The sad thing is, when I think about how they treated me in this delaying situation I feel bitter, and bitter is not how a successful company makes it's customers feel.

If I'm wrong, we'll see pro2 and a qwerty phone on the market is always a good thing.

25 minutes ago, cozd said:

BTW, I live in Russia and our customs tax increased from 20usd in 2019 to 60 usd in 2020 for a pro1. And it's real financial loss on my side, caused by fxtec not fulfiling their part of the deal.

Yeah, the import duties will be astronomic for me too. The base price over which the duty amount is calculated is based on the item's price + freight in US dollars converted to our local currency. From the time I paid in August 2019 to now, our currency has devaluated more than 20% agains the USD.

My estimate is I'll have to let go of another 400USD in duties after all is said and done.

High duties were expected by me from the beginning, but the fact that they will be now around 20% higher is also not good news. Oh well.

Edited by agent008
13 hours ago, Alex said:

I will definitely leave a negative review after the whole story. This is not how you deal with customers. This is partly kidding the customer

I think that it is little bit unfair. Your frustration is totally acceptable but that should not affect to the product review. You can criticize customer service as much you like but don't connect that to the phone itself.

I can recommend the phone to my friends but I can't recommend to buy it from F(x)tec currently. I have guided them to look for second hand units until there is stock available somewhere.

Feels like they are really getting screwed by their manufacturer. At least it sounds like the factory blocked the delivery of more phones, because they took so long to produce them, that the original contract expired.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jacob_S said:

Feels like they are really getting screwed by their manufacturer. At least it sounds like the factory blocked the delivery of more phones, because they took so long to produce them, that the original contract expired.

Well we are in the guessing game here. It might just as well be the delivery of parts to the assembling factory that have delayed things, and if so we can hardly blame the assembling factory.

• Like 1

The rub of it is that for me, this is still BS. I understand disputes happen, that's life. I even am willing to suspend my disbelief and say sure, this is why it was delayed. But that's pure bull that FX "apologizes for the inconvenience.". No. Apologize for being elusive and not upfront with your customers. We all know problems like that happen, it's okay! What's not okay is keeping us in the dark and then sweeping it under the rug, and when we finally do get answers they don't address the actual reason anyone is mad: the lack of communication.

I'm upset the phone's shipment was delayed. But I'm irate that FX is treating me like a piece of garbage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Alex said:

I received an email from fxtec today to receive details of my delivery later in the day. what can I say? In the best fxtec manner, of course, no more e-mail came. Sad.

My email simply had this at the end: "We can confirm that your device will be leaving the factory next week, so keep an eye out for tracking details."

Did yours actually guarantee a tracking number today? (not that I'm defending them, mostly just curious)

5 hours ago, rubleaj said:

My email simply had this at the end: "We can confirm that your device will be leaving the factory next week, so keep an eye out for tracking details."

Did yours actually guarantee a tracking number today? (not that I'm defending them, mostly just curious)

Yah what is point when they make statement we have allocated stock for your order..on.. July 6 and on july 24 they send mail stating that it will take next week to leave factory...it really feels like they think we are fools...or they are slapping themself by continued doing flase statement. Delay in delivery is different matter but this fx tec false communication is making this waiting more worse.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Yah what is point when they make statement we have allocated stock for your order..on.. July 6 and on july 24 they send mail stating that it will take next week to leave factory...it really feels like they think we are fools...or they are slapping themself by continued doing flase statement. Delay in delivery is different matter but this fx tec false communication is making this waiting more worse.

Seen that:

It looks like they had to overcome yet another hurdle.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Slion said:

Seen that:

It looks like they had to overcome yet another hurdle.

I just dont care...how much patience and understanding have to keep, i have doing this from last year..every time they have new excuse for delay. They must keep track of their contact...it is not customer responsibility..are they going to give anything extra. Or any discount to pre-orders for their support..nothing right.

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Or any discount to pre-orders for their support

In the very very beginning pre-orders where cheaper actually, was around 650€ I think (which personally helped me a lot because my native currency sucks big time). But I never saw the promised earbuds turn up to this day xD (got the pouch tho). Anyway, it was the type I dislike so I decided not to chase it. I am using classic Soundmagic ones and they sound great.

Edited by Tsunero
  • Like 1

They're coming, any moment today or tomorrow the warehouse will send us the dispatch report and that's when we'll let you know of the tracking :). One part of the shipment is complete. They're just working on the remaining before they mark this batch as shipped - so today or tomorrow. There's a chance Fedex will notify you before we have the tracking, as the labels are already booked.

144161046_WhatsAppImage2020-07-30at08_40_36.thumb.jpeg.1ebcdc0db977815418edf09bf182422d.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
1 hour ago, Erik said:

They're coming, any moment today or tomorrow the warehouse will send us the dispatch report and that's when we'll let you know of the tracking :). One part of the shipment is complete. They're just working on the remaining before they mark this batch as shipped - so today or tomorrow. There's a chance Fedex will notify you before we have the tracking, as the labels are already booked.

144161046_WhatsAppImage2020-07-30at08_40_36.thumb.jpeg.1ebcdc0db977815418edf09bf182422d.jpeg

Yess...just now fedex message received...thanks a lot..👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Erik said:

彼らは来ています。今日または明日のいつでも、倉庫から発送レポートが送られてきます。そのときに追跡をお知らせします:)。発送の一部が完了しました。彼らは、このバッチを出荷済みとしてマークする前に、残りの部分に取り組んでいます。今日または明日です。ラベルはすでに予約されているため、追跡の前にFedexから通知される可能性があります。

A big thank you to all of you for your hard work.

All that's left is for me to get drunk and wait for them to arrive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5