On the pre-production status

9 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

So you not only have no evidence whatsoever that their motivation was anything other than they said, let alone that it would have been malicious, no, you're even suggesting an intent that could obviously never have been achieved by that exact action.  So you're effectively accusing them not only to be malicious, but also phenomenally daft. 

Don't you see that such accusations may say more about yourself than about the subject?

I agree that the intent cannot be demonstrated, so I deleted that part of the sentence. I remain disappointed on how they handled this.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Zamasu said:

No, that update said "he expects all of the pre-orders will be produced by the 18th of January", not "plan" but "expects". If you're going to argue about semantics at least use the right words. Plan =/= expects (=/= will). I say their argument stands if you replace will with expect.

For gods sake! Again? Stop ignoring the point in discussions. The point is that they never promised to full fill all orders in January. They just stated that they expect/try/plan (whatever word you like for it) to do it in September.  Sure it is a bummer, but the point is as sooooooo often in this thread. They did neither lie nor break a promise in this case!

This has nothing to do with semantics at all and I am not arguing at semantics. You really seem to have learned discussion techniques on FOX news or 4chan. Find some spot to attack, which has nothing to do with the actual point, because the point is true?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some official updating would be nice. Pre-ordered 28 Feb, Got payment request 31 July, paid the same day (order 6###, Hungary, QWERTZ). Some people already got stock assigned who paid days or even weeks later. You can't just explain this with "adjusting for time zone differences so it's fair". I also didn't get any mail about stating that I will get the device in February like some others... It also doesn't seem like stock assign e-mails went out yesterday.

Release some data about countries and number of devices please??

Edited by Tsunero
8 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Got payment request 31 July, paid the same day (order 6###, Hungary, QWERTZ). Some people already got stock assigned who paid days or even weeks later.

At a guess, the keyboard layout might have had an impact. Could you confirm that the other people you are comparing your order to also gone for a QWERTZ layout (and have no IGG coupon)?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Raksura said:

At a guess, the keyboard layout might have had an impact. Could you confirm that the other people you are comparing your order to also gone for a QWERTZ layout (and have no IGG coupon)?

I don't have much evidence, I did check back the pages when assign e-mails started to come. The majority of those are QWERTY, and 1 person got assigned with 49XX order number and QWERTZ also in Hungary.

My order was originally QWERTY and I had changed to QWERTZ the day they sent the notification that it's available. If that ended up pushing me at the far back then I am extremely pissed because nowhere did they mention it would do so by changing the layout.

Still, it seems they did not manufacture enough QWERTZ...why are we getting shafted? This is supposed to be the minority of orders.. why weren't they prioritized during manufacturing?

Edited by Tsunero
11 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Here is an example. Please be cautious not to get into individual debates.

26 minutes ago, cmar said:

Here is an example. Please be cautious not to get into individual debates.

I don't think it's the first time people mistakenly read this message as someone having received a stock assigned message. I agree it's an easy mistake to make since it's formatted like, and in the middle of a flood of, one of the posts reporting a stock assigned message.

It actually says no email.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Still, it seems they did not manufacture enough QWERTZ...why are we getting shafted? This is supposed to be the minority of orders.. why weren't they prioritized during manufacturing?

Well there is no reason for us to expect an even distribution of the orders of qwertY versus qwertZ over time.

So as they hoped to produce all, but did not reach that, they would not know what the exact fair ratio needed would be before they decided where to cut it short (at 60%) before the CNY. I mean the ratio needed at 50%, 60%, 70%, .. 100% could be different, so could be hard to hit the right Ratio before deciding to stop at 60%.

And to muddy thing furthers, if they hit that ratio wrong, then some countries with predominant request of one type could be benefited respectively hit.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

I don't have much evidence, I did check back the pages when assign e-mails started to come. The majority of those are QWERTY, and 1 person got assigned with 49XX order number and QWERTZ also in Hungary.

My order was originally QWERTY and I had changed to QWERTZ the day they sent the notification that it's available. If that ended up pushing me at the far back then I am extremely pissed because nowhere did they mention it would do so by changing the layout.

I wrote about that person who has received an assignment mail in the same country and has order number of 49XX and also a QWERTZ order.
Yesterday afternoon, I have asked him and he has not received tracking number yet anyway, but it may have changed since that.
I also know he has also moved from original QWERTY to QWERTZ the same as me with IGG coupon, because the time we made pre-order, QWERTZ option was still not available - that option came later.

So I don't think it has changed anything in queue.

Anyway, at very early stage, they told QWERTZ orders are a minority so they may be even produced and shipped earlier.
It seems it became not the case anyway so I don't know finally how they handle QWERTZ orders.

Maybe your order was pushed back because of the last statement how pre-orders are handled but it is also interesting that someone stated they sent an e-mail to being part of a shipment in February but we still don't know if he asked support directly.
So, currently it is unknown if all orders will receive an update e-mail or only those which have stock assigned.

I think it would be the best if they could sent an e-mail also for those who were included in this batch to not leave them in doubt.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, damion said:

Even if it's been split by country, it should still be in order of payment within any given country right?  On the stock assigned thread people in the UK who paid after I did, have received an email.  Feb pre-order, July 31st payment... no email.  And I fear they're not still sending those out.  Does this mean Feb or March as I'm in the slow later 30% batch?

Hmm yeah would have expected you to have got an email :S I paid for mine august 1st and also in the uk.

12 hours ago, Raksura said:

I don't think it's the first time people mistakenly read this message as someone having received a stock assigned message. I agree it's an easy mistake to make since it's formatted like, and in the middle of a flood of, one of the posts reporting a stock assigned message.

It actually says no email.

I see. No email could also be understood as "no exchange of email with support" in the context of the thread. 

So indeed, it seems so many qwerty were that some persons receive them even if they paid after August 2nd.  But no such chance for Qwertz...

Edited by Guest

Me, (preorder 47xx, no IGG, QWERTY to Germany) just (at 10 UTC) got a text message (SMS) from FedEx that was followed by an email, both containing a tracking number, saying:

21/01/2020, 04:17: Shipment information sent to FedEx
22/01/2020,16:45: Picked up (YUEN LONG HK)
Scheduled Delivery: Monday 27/01/2020 by 18:00

To: Me 😄

I think someone from Hong Kong is sending me a cobblestone... ?!

PS: fxtec account still saying:
Order #47xx was placed on February 27, 2019 and is currently Processing.
Which I paid June 31, 2019.

Edited by fxtec-preorder-47xx
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

Me, (preorder 47xx, no IGG, QWERTY to Germany) just (at 10 UTC) got a text message (SMS) from FedEx that was followed by an email, both containing a tracking number, saying:

21/01/2020, 04:17: Shipment information sent to FedEx
22/01/2020,16:45: Picked up (YUEN LONG HK)
Scheduled Delivery: Monday 27/01/2020 by 18:00

To: Me 😄

I think someone from Hong Kong is sending me a cobblestone... ?!

PS: fxtec account still saying:
Order #47xx was placed on February 27, 2019 and is currently Processing.
Which I paid June 31, 2019.

Oh my, I just received the same type of e-mail from FedEx,

pickup YUEN LONG HK

same sender, the details are Expansys (Hong Kong) Limited
6th Floor, Edwick Industrial Centr
230 Kwai Chung, HK

delivery planned for the 27th.

And I was wondering what is it. Is it a coincidence and are we part of the same scam, or... well... or it is f(x)tec.

But I didn't received an assignment email before. (I dug into the spam box).

Per- order 56XX, no IGG coupon, paid th 1st of August, QWERTY, France

I can barely contain my excitement 😄

Edited by Muth
add details
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, damion said:

Even if it's been split by country, it should still be in order of payment within any given country right?  On the stock assigned thread people in the UK who paid after I did, have received an email.  Feb pre-order, July 31st payment... no email.  And I fear they're not still sending those out.  Does this mean Feb or March as I'm in the slow later 30% batch?

First they delivered to retailers, now normal orders... I don't know why they delaying pre-orders..can anyone explain them the meaning of Pre-order.

36 minutes ago, Bruce Wayne said:

First they delivered to retailers, now normal orders... I don't know why they delaying pre-orders..can anyone explain them the meaning of Pre-order.

AFAIK they consider ANY order a pre-order, until general availability.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, VaZso said:

I wrote about that person who has received an assignment mail in the same country and has order number of 49XX and also a QWERTZ order.
Yesterday afternoon, I have asked him and he has not received tracking number yet anyway, but it may have changed since that.

He has also received a tracking number from FedEx today.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Please read above message...my payment date is 8th Aug. 2019. Still no mail from fx tec.

I am not sure which message you are referring to. But on Twitter F(x)tec answered to people, that asked about the availability of the phone, that they can order, but that it needs 4-6 weeks until it arrives because they will fulfill their preorders first.

Also the latest reported payment date of somebody who recieved their stock assigned message (if you don't count in the IGG coupon orders) was around 20th of August from 1(!) person in the Netherlands if I remember correctly. So as most of us probably paid right after recieving their payment mail in the time from 31st of July to 1st of August you paid rather late and thus are probably in the 30% that are going to be fulfilled after the Chinese New Year.

I still don't see from where you pull your accusation that orders are being shipped.

Btw. I paid on 2nd of August for my QWERTZ-preorder and also didn't get stock assigned. 

Edited by Jacob_S
Changed date from 1st to 2nd. Recieved the mail even later than I remembered.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Jacob_S said:

Btw. I paid on 1st of August for my QWERTZ-preorder and also didn't get stock assigned. 

Anyway, it seems there are also users who have not received stock assigned e-mails but received tracking information from FedEx, so we will see it...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, VaZso said:

Anyway, it seems there are also users who have not received stock assigned e-mails but received tracking information from FedEx, so we will see it...

Yeah, would be awesome if a surprise mail with the tracking details came in ;) But I rather don't count on it and prepare myself for a few more weeks of waiting time.

• Sad 1
Just now, Jacob_S said:

Yeah, would be awesome if a surprise mail with the tracking details came in 😉 But I rather don't count on it and prepare myself for a few more weeks of waiting time.

Yes, it is better to handle the situation like this.