On the pre-production status

Whoa. I usually have this thread open all the time in a browser tab. I give the forum as a whole a lot less attention.

I jumped quickly to the "email received" thread. Now I know I shouldn't have!

While it makes me satisfied for all fellow members who got their stock assignments, and even improves my confidence in Fxtec, it's also painful to see me not being graced with a phone from the latest batch.

Wel well. Keep on waiting, is all we can do. But I'm a human being, and it hurts. Bleh

/rant

Edited by agent008
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Hi I received an email from FedEx saying they are going to deliver the F(x)tec Pro to the Netherlands. Hurray.

The nasty surprise was that they will charge VAT.

I know that F(x)tec will pay the VAT but if everyone in Europe has to pay VAT it will be lot of work for us buyers (and but also for F(x)tec) to get the VAT amount returned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, AndrevW said:

Pardon my expression but that is most likely going to be a real shitshow in many countries then... (here in Hungary customs usually hold stuff for 3 weeks minimum, it's that atrocious of a quality)

Doesn't matter if you submit the paperwork the day they notify you..

Although I wonder how it will enter the country in the first place. If they get it inside with a carrier it might not even get stuck but if they just post it, then distribute it to a carrier inside the country, that could be problematic.

Edited by Tsunero
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

For gods sake! Again? Stop ignoring the point in discussions.

Ironic, considering that I think that you're now ignoring the point of the original post. Though I don't know if you're doing this deliberately. Also, I was never ignoring the point. It was always related to the argument, to try and make clear why certain arguments didn't hold or wouldn't work.

The point is that they never promised to full fill all orders in January.

I don't think so. The original post said

On 1/20/2020 at 9:21 PM, nanohcv said:

I can't believe how this company can write on January 13th that all pre orders will be shipped in January and three days later it's only 70%?

That wasn't a post saying they lied, or broke a promise. That was asking how it's possible to be that off with your estimations, so close to when those estimations should've panned out. If the original poster @nanohcv would like to clarify this, I welcome them to, but I really doubt they'll say their point was that F(x)tec promised to fullfil all orders in January. You have changed the other party's argument so it's easier to attack for you, because it's a valid question to ask how an estimation can be that skewed so close to being done. This is a classic strawman fallacy, which is a problem because it means you're just ignoring the point in the discussion.

They just stated that they expect/try/plan (whatever word you like for it)

Different words with 2 different meanings if you're pretty liberal. You're also forgetting the original word used, will. Or is that the sole exception that you can't replace it with, that does invite others to dismiss their point if it's used? Also like I said, I think their argument stands if you replace will with expect. Not so sure about try/plan, but if you're lumping them together then sure.

This has nothing to do with semantics at all and I am not arguing at semantics.

This? No, this has shifted more towards a strawman. Your previous post though? Definitely. You tried to argue his point wasn't valid because F(x)tec didn't say they will do something, but that they only planned to do something. As if that distinction makes their point invalid. But now I see that this was also a strawman, you displayed something else as their argument. Something you knew how to attack, without needing to address the original point.

Find some spot to attack, which has nothing to do with the actual point, because the point is true?

Just keep accusing me of things that are completely not true. I've been arguing the points brought forward. It's not my fault that they're shoddy and have tons of holes. If you think those things have nothing to do with the actual points, then I suggest you bring forth some arguments that are related to the actual points. Seems to me that you're just making an arbitrary distinction between what you think the main point is, and the argument around it. Just another way of dismissing what I say, without needing to reflect on your shoddy arguments as pointed out by me. I admit that sometimes I maybe should've better explained why some things were shoddy, but I thought at that time that people would've been more reflective and looked up why they were wrong themselves.

Beside the point, have you seen the original poster's reply to your post? In which they say they were definitely promised F(x)tec will ship their order before the end of January? Because it undermines your interpretation of their point completely anyway, making your strawman pointless as well.

8 minutes ago, sequestris said:

USA
QWERTY
No Coupon
Ordered: (in 2019)
Paid: (at some point after ordering)
Order number: 45xxx
Received stock assigned email on 1/13/2020
Got FedEx tracking on 1/20/2020, scheduled for 1/29/2020
Got fxtec order complete email about 12 minutes after FedEx email was received.

Am I correct in assuming that since you already sold your previous Pro1, this is about a Pro1 you actually ordered and thus paid for in December 2019? o_0

Edited by Raksura
2 hours ago, AndrevW said:

Hi I received an email from FedEx saying they are going to deliver the F(x)tec Pro to the Netherlands. Hurray.

I know that F(x)tec will pay the VAT but if everyone in Europe has to pay VAT it will be lot of work for us buyers (and but also for F(x)tec) to get the VAT amount returned.

My order told me: "Shipping incl. VAT" 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AndrevW said:

For me, I have received some standard papers (in PDF) from FedEx which should be filled out.
It had an option to pay the fee as individual with the warrant of FedEx (so standard way) or TAX-free based on the laws or by DDP parity.
The last one seems to be interesting here as this way fees are to be paid by seller and as far as I know, they would like to handle packages this way.

1 hour ago, Tsunero said:

Pardon my expression but that is most likely going to be a real shitshow in many countries then... (here in Hungary customs usually hold stuff for 3 weeks minimum, it's that atrocious of a quality)

Basically no. There is an exceptionally slow handling of customs at standard postal service, that is right - but these are handled by a higher class courier.

If you order something with the delivery of couriers like FedEx, DHL, UPS, then customs can be exceptionally fast, however, they charge you more than standard postal service.
They have some kind of contract so they guarantee TAX will be payed and they may even pre-pay it for you and also they start administration even before it getting close to destination country. So these couriers and local postal service are not comparable.

5 hours ago, spam71 said:

My order status just changed to "completed". I also had a call from a local fedex customs agency. They're about to deliver on January 27th.

Was the call something actionable or just informational? I'm in the UK and got my tracking number and delivery date of 28th this morning, then a few hours later a missed phone call from a Stevenage area code. I didn't answer it because I can't hear... but now I'm worried it might have been something important 😭

2 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

My phone is Germany now, but held hostage at customs.
I hope support will respond fast, because I think something was screwed up here.

That's odd, mine is in France on the way to Germany and haven't heard anything about customs yet, also not from FedEx who want to deliver on Friday

At least I got contacted by FedEx Germany, saying Koeln/Bonn in the footer of the mail. Tracking still said NARITA-SHI JP when I wrote the post... but now it's indeed in ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX. So that's just me assuming wrong things on that part.

So it's in France instead. Doesn't help much as the documents appear to be not 100% correct and I have honestly no clue how to handle this properly on my own.

Edit:
Now it's Köln. Curious if they're gonna hold it here.

Edited by elvissteinjr
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

...they never promised to full fill all orders in January. They just stated that they expect/try/plan (whatever word you like for it) to do it in September.  Sure it is a bummer, but the point is as sooooooo often in this thread. They did neither lie nor break a promise in this case!

You're right, in forum or newsletter they often stated expect... But in my own case, the support wrote to me "In any case in January" and now "we will get your device shipped to you very soon in February". The first one was a lie or a broken promise. The second is a promise again. Should I believe in the second promise after the first was broken?

I've been very patient for a long time and have never complained about delayed delivery dates. I also know that in a new company not everything can work perfectly, but the many strange decisions of the past 1.5 months (i dont repeat them all but retailer before pre-orders and later pre-orders (which also paid later) before earlier pre-orders are some examples) are completely incomprehensible and have pretty much destroyed my trust in that company.

Edited by nanohcv
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Raksura said:

Am I correct in assuming that since you already sold your previous Pro1, this is about a Pro1 you actually ordered and thus paid for in December 2019? o_0

I ordered in the end of september and got the order number #38xxx, so it would fit well. Apart from being a bit jealous, I just wonder how it was possible.

4 hours ago, Kabbone said:

That's odd, mine is in France on the way to Germany and haven't heard anything about customs yet, also not from FedEx who want to deliver on Friday

My Pro 1 left HK on 1/20, then JP early 1/21 (local time), evening  (5:40pm) 1/22 Charles De Gaulle/France, now in Cologne (10:27pm).

Really fast until now. And nothing about customs, duty or something. ETA friday. 

20 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I ordered in the end of september and got the order number #38xxx, so it would fit well. Apart from being a bit jealous, I just wonder how it was possible.

19 minutes ago, lmckenna said:

I assume it's a typo as my order number is 36xxx (Sept) and didn't make this batch.

Definitely not a typo, just look at her previous messages.

Upon closer inspection, the date she got her stock assignment message is prior to anyone else's for this batch, yet the tracking number got received around the same time. I'd guess her order was put into the batch specifically instead of through the standard sorting of orders. That's fine, I was worried we actually had an extreme example of the absurd situations the large differences in order volume from different countries can lead to with their chosen sorting strategy.

Edited by Raksura
43 minutes ago, ps555 said:

My Pro 1 left HK on 1/20, then JP early 1/21 (local time), evening  (5:40pm) 1/22 Charles De Gaulle/France, now in Cologne (10:27pm).

Really fast until now. And nothing about customs, duty or something. ETA friday. 

On the same plane then. As it turns out, it still traveled a bit further than I expected when getting that email. Current status for mine is "ready for clearance". Would be cool if it just went through tho.

5 hours ago, Raksura said:

Definitely not a typo, just look at her previous messages.

Upon closer inspection, the date she got her stock assignment message is prior to anyone else's for this batch, yet the tracking number got received around the same time. I'd guess her order was put into the batch specifically instead of through the standard sorting of orders. That's fine, I was worried we actually had an extreme example of the absurd situations the large differences in order volume from different countries can lead to with their chosen sorting strategy.

She may have been bumped ahead because they were looking at the date her account was created, not the date the order was placed, which made her look like an older order because they didn't realize that she had already gotten one and this was a second one. Just a theory. She received her first one very early in shipping, so may have been one of the very first to order....the first time.

At any rate I don't imagine there's any dishonesty here, but perhaps a touch of being disorganized LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, nanohcv said:

You're right, in forum or newsletter they often stated expect... But in my own case, the support wrote to me "In any case in January" and now "we will get your device shipped to you very soon in February". The first one was a lie or a broken promise. The second is a promise again. Should I believe in the second promise after the first was broken?

I've been very patient for a long time and have never complained about delayed delivery dates. I also know that in a new company not everything can work perfectly, but the many strange decisions of the past 1.5 months (i dont repeat them all but retailer before pre-orders and later pre-orders (which also paid later) before earlier pre-orders are some examples) are completely incomprehensible and have pretty much destroyed my trust in that company.

Don't get me wrong, I do not say you should believe them or anything. I am just saying, that they, at least public, stated clearly that this is not a sure thing.
Is the communication still off? sure. Are they still delayed? Oh boy, YES! Do you handle the priority of the orders badly? Another clear yes.
And you also have the total right to be angry in my opinion!
But false accusations will not bring us anything (not that you have done any, but some have).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

But false accusations will not bring us anything (not that you have done any, but some have).

Yes. Although I have to say, the possible false accusation are also not necessarily voluntary. We are not officially informed about what is going on, and we try to understand as much as we can, based on pieces of information we found in various threads. I thank the persons who are part of the company who provided some information even if they do not communicate officially. They do not seem to have all information themselves. I thank also the community. Nice people, and we have this sense of efficient typing in common. But I am tired now. I hope you get your devices and have fun. I am sure it is a good product!  Bye

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Don't get me wrong, I do not say you should believe them or anything. I am just saying, that they, at least public, stated clearly that this is not a sure thing.
Is the communication still off? sure. Are they still delayed? Oh boy, YES! Do you handle the priority of the orders badly? Another clear yes.
And you also have the total right to be angry in my opinion!

So you're clarifying something they never said, and advising people in general that they shouldn't do something this person never did? Don't really see why you'd need to reply to them then, just a separate reply might've been smarter. When I see a quote, I assume that that message is meant for the person quoted. This way it just seems that you're ignoring the point in the discussion.

EDIT:

I also disagree that they publicly stated clearly that all pre-orders being done on the 18th wasn't a sure thing. This is getting into semantic territory, so I think it's valid to disagree with me on what I'm going to say, but that at least means it's not clearly stated.

They said they expect them to be done, and they said that "once the devices are all produced on the 18th". To me that tense usage signifies that they fully expected them to be done. This was no longer a plan, this was no longer a try, this is an expectation. To the best of their knowledge it will be done, the only things stopping them would be events outside of their supply chain like natural disasters. That's how I read it.  By saying it's an expectations, they're indicating that that knowledge would be considered a fact for future decisions. It's why people keep their expectations low to not be disappointed, even if things are more likely to happen than their expectations. They're considering their expectations as fact so they can build upon those expectations and not need to adjust down later. 

The sentence "once the devices are all produced on the 18th" is also written as a matter of fact. That again also indicates to me that, according to this message, it would've been very unlikely to not have every device produced like they said. So in short, I disagree that it was clear, I think these arguments are pretty valid (for a semantic argument) to indicate the interpretation is different. Again I accept that you might disagree with these arguments, but you should at least accept that there are arguments, and thus it's not clear. 

Edited by Zamasu
14 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

So you're clarifying something they never said, and advising people in general that they shouldn't do something this person never did? Don't really see why you'd need to reply to them then, just a separate reply might've been smarter. When I see a quote, I assume that that message is meant for the person quoted. This way it just seems that you're ignoring the point in the discussion.

Lol, he quoted me, it is what we normal people call a conversations... it is indeed an answer to this specific person. I am sorry if that is too much for you to comprehend I will in future always state why I quote a specific quote to not further confuse you 😄

10 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Lol, he quoted me, it is what we normal people call a conversations... it is indeed an answer to this specific person.

Yes yes, my post wasn't necessarily meant for this specific post of yours. That's irrelevant. 

14 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

it is indeed an answer to this specific person.

Care to explain why you think they might want to know this irrelevant info? Considering it's not targeted towards them, but towards people that do things you're saying they never did.

11 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

I am sorry if that is too much for you to comprehend

I prefer to not be called stupid for no valid reason. I fully realize that they replied to you, but you first replied to them. Seemed to me that your post was meant as a clarification to your previous posts.

• Confused 1